Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Scarbinsky On Saban's Oversigning...

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
Re: Scarbinsky On Saban's Oversigning...
« Reply #80 on: February 08, 2011, 04:54:19 PM »
Desmond Howard was, I'd put my money on Simms.  Paaaawl the FBI is gonna raid Auburn on Friday, I know a friend of a guy, who's friends with a waiter that overheard the whole thing.

Really? Fuck! Where are they raiding? If it is the girl's sorority dorm, where can I get one of these?

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #81 on: February 08, 2011, 04:55:58 PM »
Really? Fuck! Where are they raiding? If it is the girl's sorority dorm, where can I get one of these?

Step aside momma, I wanna see some of that muff!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #82 on: February 08, 2011, 05:21:13 PM »
Step aside momma, I wanna see some of that muff!

Oh hair pie
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #83 on: February 08, 2011, 05:26:01 PM »
Superbowl XLV in retrospect: Five things we’ve learned

Just sing it as it was written:  Enough with the celebrity renditions of the national anthem. Chrisina Aguilera’s snarling, growling off-key and out of time version was bad way before she forgot the words.  The national anthem at the BCS Championship Game in Glendale was sung by the Air Force Cadet Chorale. The delivered a straightforward, stirring rendition that brought tears to your eyes.  By the time Aguilera finished mangling the first few lines, viewers were also crying but not out of patriotic fervor.  Here’s a hint. Any time a performer hits three or more notes on the word “see” in the first line of the first stanza, they’re not singing for national pride. They’re singing for themselves. That’s not what it’s about. From now on let a military chorus bring us the anthem and shelve the prima donnas.

Leave halftime to the bands: Every season the halftime shows grow more and more elaborate. We’ve seen wardrobe malfunctions, aging rockers who can’t reach the high notes and comedians. We’ve tried Phil Collins, Diana Ross, Michael Jackson, Nelly, Prince, Bruce Springsteen, Chaka Kahn and Tom Petty. Enough. This year’s spectacle was a horror show.  Flashing space outfits. Plastic hair. Sparkling chest pieces. Glowing boxes for heads. Usher forgetting to brush his hair (and also to sing). Slash hiking his leg on the sanctity of Guns & Roses. And a plethora of out of breath caterwauling. It wasn’t that it was bad so much as it just wasn’t good. The sound system in Jerry Jones’ castle needs work. Frankly, the halftime extravaganza is just unnecessary.  Get some good marching bands to pass the time, let the hosts do a little analysis and get back to the game.

It’s never too early to rush to judgment: Minutes after the final seconds drained from the clock, the media was in full flush. Where does Green Bay’s Aaron Rogers stand in the pantheon of NFL quarterbacks? Is he the greatest Packer quarterback ever? Is he the best in the league today? How many more Superbowls can he win? Please. Put the brakes on the hype train. You don’t need to forge a new crown every year. Rogers had a good run in the playoffs.  That’s the extent of it. He’s in his third season and has a grand total of three playoff wins, one coming in the Superbowl. Are we seriously going to start comparing him to Bart Starr? To Joe Montana? To John Elway? To Dan Marino?  To Tom Brady? To Brett Favre? Rogers had a good season. When Green Bay needed him, he stepped up and made the plays.  But it’s too early to anoint him the greatest of any era. Or even the greatest today.

How smart does Green Bay look now? Three years ago, Brett Favre negotiated a contentious departure from the Green Bay Packers. It was almost like a divorce. Favre didn’t really want to go, but Green Bay had moved on. The organization had made its decision to invest its future in Rogers. The Packers bowed out of the yearly Favre circus. Not everyone was happy with the decision. Favre was a proven commodity, the face of the franchise. Letting him go first to the Jets and then to the Vikings was difficult. How smart do the Packers look today? Had Favre stuck around and dragged out his career in Green Bay, Rogers would have either languished on the bench, battled for playing time or been shipped out of town. With Favre gone, however, the patient Packers ownership allowed him to mature into his role. Their confidence in him paid off in a Super Bowl ring. No offense to Favre, but had he stayed in Green Bay the second – or was it third? – time he returned from retirement the franchise would not be celebrating a title today.

The BCS is better: The Super Bowl draws the world wide ratings but in the grand scheme of things the NCAA’s BCS Championship is a better product.  The college football finale offers passion and drama that simply can’t be matched by the NFL. The biggest reason the BCS is better, however, is that it doesn’t rely on the playoffs. In a pre-Super Bowl interview New York Giants quarterback Eli Manning said that the only thing that mattered in the regular season was winning enough to make the playoffs.  Regular season losses were irrelevant as long as you made the post-season. The media today attempts to deify Rogers because Green Bay went into each of its last three regular season games needing a win to make the playoffs and the Packers delivered. That gauntlet was what Auburn’s Cam Newton and Oregon’s Darron Thomas faced not three times, but 13 and 12 times respectively on their path to the BCS title game. Every game is important in college football. Every game is a defacto playoff. The teams that make the BCS championship are battle tested, their worth proven week in and week out. That’s not always the case when it comes to determining the NFL title.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #84 on: February 08, 2011, 07:17:26 PM »
Yup....15 players less than 85 means the cupboard was full.  1 LBer gets hurt, now down to 3 Scholarship LBers.  Ahhh, nevermind...CTT was the greatest HC of All Time, definitely the best recruiter Ever.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #85 on: February 08, 2011, 07:53:01 PM »
Ahhh, nevermind...CTT was the greatest HC of All Time, definitely the best recruiter Ever.

That's the thing...no one is saying that. To you, he is either the greatest of all time, or he sucks. It doesn't have to be like that...

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #86 on: February 08, 2011, 08:34:21 PM »
That's the thing...no one is saying that. To you, he is either the greatest of all time, or he sucks. It doesn't have to be like that...

No, that's how Kaos views it.  I've said all along the what CTT did at Auburn was great, but he left the program in a huge hole depth wise.  Kaos will then type out a 140 page book on how he didn't leave Auburn in a hole & how great his recruiting classes were.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

JR4AU

« Reply #87 on: February 08, 2011, 08:50:05 PM »
No, that's how Kaos views it.  I've said all along the what CTT did at Auburn was great, but he left the program in a huge hole depth wise.  Kaos will then type out a 140 page book on how he didn't leave Auburn in a hole & how great his recruiting classes were.

No, people who have an indefensible position, defend their position by accusing those that oppose them of being as completely absurdly extreme as they are in their own views.   If I've said it once, I've said it a fucking bazzillion Goddamn times.  It was time for Tubs to go when he left, but to admit that, I don't have to forget what he did when he was there; assign him complete blame for all the bad while giving him no credit for the good, or act like he left nothing at all to work with because he has a higher than normal attrition rate the last couple of years.  And if you think he left Auburn in the same shape talent wise that Terry Bowden did, you're fucking delusional.  He may have left low numbers...some of whom left because Tubs left...but he left a pretty good core of Sr's that lead this team this year too. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #88 on: February 08, 2011, 09:10:14 PM »
No, people who have an indefensible position, defend their position by accusing those that oppose them of being as completely absurdly extreme as they are in their own views.   If I've said it once, I've said it a fucking bazzillion Goddamn times.  It was time for Tubs to go when he left, but to admit that, I don't have to forget what he did when he was there; assign him complete blame for all the bad while giving him no credit for the good, or act like he left nothing at all to work with because he has a higher than normal attrition rate the last couple of years.  And if you think he left Auburn in the same shape talent wise that Terry Bowden did, you're fucking delusional.  He may have left low numbers...some of whom left because Tubs left...but he left a pretty good core of Sr's that lead this team this year too. 
Have I said anything at all about the talent level?  Nope.  But, I will say this...if CTT had stayed at Auburn, Clemson & SPuat would've beat us...it would've been probably pretty ugly.  Therefore, we would've never played and won the National Championship this previous year.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #89 on: February 08, 2011, 09:15:32 PM »
Have I said anything at all about the talent level?  Nope.  But, I will say this...if CTT had stayed at Auburn, Clemson & SPuat would've beat us...it would've been probably pretty ugly.  Therefore, we would've never played and won the National Championship this previous year.

Another thing folks who have an indefensible position do is make fantasy land assertions that can neither be proved or disproved, and serve them up as though they're absolute fact.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #90 on: February 08, 2011, 09:57:14 PM »
Yeah, he said a lot of the same things in the interview.  Longshore asked him to compare the Big 12 to the SEC on athletes and game day experiences.  He said they have just as many talented skill position players in the Big 12...just smaller. I found that funny.  Also said most, not all, but most SEC schools are rabid about game day but places like Oklahomo and Texass are equally crazy places to play.

He's a liar then. That BBQ eating duck killer. Fuck him and his ears......because we all know Texas Tech played Texas in Lubbock. But yeah, them Oklahomo's are a crazy bunch.

I have heard that DKR Memorial Texas Homo Erotica Ghey Butt Sex Stadium gets extremely quiet in most games - especially when they are losing or playing a nobody which is pretty much 90% of their games. Half of the student section clears out in a close game at halftime to head to the 6th Street hippie socials. Kind of pathetic to me.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #91 on: February 08, 2011, 10:08:43 PM »

There ya go.  Exactly. 

I said it was time to part ways.  I've also said that I would have been okay if they'd parted in 2003.  Doesn't mean I completely discount everything he did, bash all of his assistants and trash the legacy he left. 

I leave that to others. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #92 on: February 08, 2011, 10:16:50 PM »
There ya go.  Exactly. 

I said it was time to part ways.  I've also said that I would have been okay if they'd parted in 2003.  Doesn't mean I completely discount everything he did, bash all of his assistants and trash the legacy he left. 

I leave that to others.

I would have definitely been ok if 2003 had happened as planned. I don't lie about that.

But then again, if it had, 2010 wouldn't have happened. Weird how things work out.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #93 on: February 08, 2011, 10:23:15 PM »

If we play those same 14 games again, Prowler, we'd be just as likely to go 10-4 as 14-0. 

Everything -- and I mean everything -- we needed we got last year.   Need a penalty to wipe out a second overtime? Bing! Need a guy to drop a wide open touchdown pass to avoid an insurmountable hole? BiZAAM! Need a penalty to eliminate a first down run and drop the opposition into position for a safety? KAA-CHOW!  Need a fumble? Need an interception? Need a confirmation or a reversal from the booth? Need receivers to drop first down pass after first down pass?  Whatever it was, we got it.  BA-BLAMMITY BLAM. Every single time. 

We play Clemson and Alabama again last year and maybe we lose both.  Maybe we lose to Kentucky. Maybe we lose to South Carolina. Maybe we lose to Mississippi State.

I'm not taking anything away from this team because it didn't break my heart.  It was a dream come true and I completely understand what it means and just how special it was.  Nobody is happier than me.  Well, maybe David Housel is, but I digress. Wouldn't trade it for anything.  But it also gives me a perspective I've never really had.  I know now that it takes a special set of circumstances to get to the to of the mountain and we should cherish it.  But also see it for what it is.  A marvelous combination of talent, coaching, dedication and...... fortune. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #94 on: February 08, 2011, 10:30:46 PM »
If we play those same 14 games again, Prowler, we'd be just as likely to go 10-4 as 14-0. 

Everything -- and I mean everything -- we needed we got last year.   Need a penalty to wipe out a second overtime? Bing! Need a guy to drop a wide open touchdown pass to avoid an insurmountable hole? BiZAAM! Need a penalty to eliminate a first down run and drop the opposition into position for a safety? KAA-CHOW!  Need a fumble? Need an interception? Need a confirmation or a reversal from the booth? Need receivers to drop first down pass after first down pass?  Whatever it was, we got it.  BA-BLAMMITY BLAM. Every single time. 

We play Clemson and Alabama again last year and maybe we lose both.  Maybe we lose to Kentucky. Maybe we lose to South Carolina. Maybe we lose to Mississippi State.

I'm not taking anything away from this team because it didn't break my heart.  It was a dream come true and I completely understand what it means and just how special it was.  Nobody is happier than me.  Well, maybe David Housel is, but I digress. Wouldn't trade it for anything.  But it also gives me a perspective I've never really had.  I know now that it takes a special set of circumstances to get to the to of the mountain and we should cherish it.  But also see it for what it is.  A marvelous combination of talent, coaching, dedication and...... fortune.

There is also the fact of Malzahn not really letting Cam loose until the Kentucky game. If he could do it over again now? Clemson and MSU probably wouldn't be close.

Wait we did get to do one of them over.  Round 1 - 35-27  Round 2 - 6,892 - 10

The D also matured a lot after Kentucky.

Again, these are all coulda woulda shouldas. What matters is what happened. But I do feel pretty confident we blow Clemson and MSU out of the water in a Round 2 ala USCe.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

JR4AU

« Reply #95 on: February 08, 2011, 10:35:18 PM »

Tis how championship seasons are made. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #96 on: February 08, 2011, 10:35:32 PM »
I would have definitely been ok if 2003 had happened as planned. I don't lie about that.

But then again, if it had, 2010 wouldn't have happened. Weird how things work out.

Never know.

2003 was such a major disappointment.  I still remember the NFL scout looking at that team and saying that it had more talent than he'd seen on several NFL teams. 

Cover of ESPN.  Expectations out the ass. 

And then. And then.  Jim Fyffe died.   USC showed up and the mic guy had the stadium practice a "touchdown Auburn" chant in his honor.   I've never felt a stronger disturbance in the forces of karma.  Told this before, but an old B'ham News photographer on the sidelines turned to me and said "Oh no. we're not gonna score..."   And we didn't. For two games. Crash. Burn. Pain. Agony.  Ben dropped the winning pass against Ole Miss. Thoughts of suicide.

That season made me question my devotion.  Why get constantly kicked in the teeth?  I really struggled with it but came around.  Realized what it was I loved about Auburn and football was only a part of it.

There are a lot of things about the end of that season I can't tell.  It was such a debacle. People -- good people -- fell on their swords. 

Even with all that -- if the transition had been handled properly I would have been okay with it.   

And maybe things are different.  Or the same.  Who knows? 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #97 on: February 08, 2011, 10:36:57 PM »
There is also the fact of Malzahn not really letting Cam loose until the Kentucky game. If he could do it over again now? Clemson and MSU probably wouldn't be close.

Wait we did get to do one of them over.  Round 1 - 35-27  Round 2 - 6,892 - 10

The D also matured a lot after Kentucky.

Again, these are all coulda woulda shouldas. What matters is what happened. But I do feel pretty confident we blow Clemson and MSU out of the water in a Round 2 ala USCe.

I meant if we just started over.  I'm not talking about some kind of 17 Again movie where we go back knowing what we know now.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #98 on: February 08, 2011, 10:39:40 PM »

There are a lot of things about the end of that season I can't tell.  It was such a debacle. People -- good people -- fell on their swords. 

Housel?

I think he still has a sour taste in his mouth. He's a good man.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
« Reply #99 on: February 08, 2011, 10:43:00 PM »
I meant if we just started over.  I'm not talking about some kind of 17 Again movie where we go back knowing what we know now.
Don't lie, you watched it didn't you?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Redskins cornerback DeAngelo Hall said, "Guys don't mind hitting Michael Vick in the open field, but when you see Cam, you have to think about how you're going to tackle him. He's like a big tight end coming at you."