Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Gurus Unite...

RWS

• The guy your mother warned you about
Re: Gurus Unite...
« Reply #100 on: January 22, 2011, 08:29:17 PM »
Yes this year, with SPuat only having 8 Seniors and 3 Juniors graduating or going Pro and 1 transferring.  That's only 12 spots open, meaning that it'll not look good when 13 players on the roster transfer, take a medical, has their scholly pulled to pay their own way, the incoming 13 grayshirts...or some form of those, will definitely look bad.  The insteresting thing will be, which players aren't going to be a part of the team this upcoming year.

Plus, IIRC, wasn't there two prospects from last year's signing class that grayshirted and was "promised" a scholarship this year?  One of them was already enrolled to start classes and was already working out with the team, only to be told that he wasn't going to be with the team....Wilson Love, I think.
Harrison Jones. And he is already on scholarship. After he was told he would need to greyshirt, Jermaine Griffin was put on a medical scholly like a month afterwards, and Jones took his spot.

As for Wilson Love, IMO, he will end up eventually on medical as well. He broke his fibula in his final HS game, and I doubt that is going to get back to where it needs to be for him to be a factor on the DL.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2011, 08:30:12 PM by RWS »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

Tiger Wench

• Does this armour make my ass look big?
« Reply #101 on: January 23, 2011, 09:04:59 PM »
This was nothing more that a kid wanting to enroll early. Maybe Saban told Dee that this would happen and Dee felt like Saban was not keeping his word, who knows. Simply put, the kid gave the Auburn coaches a call to possibly enroll early and the Auburn coaches went to pay him a visit. Yes, all this was obviously the catalyst, through Dee's HS coach, to get him enrolled early at bama. I just find it hard to believe that the Auburn coaches used this primarily to fuck with Saban. Auburn saw a chance to kid a good RB to Auburn, that is all.

THIS.  If anyone was fucking with Saban, it was Dee Hart.  He called us, remember?  How is that a conspiracy created by Auburn coaches?  I do believe this happened, and probably just this way, but I think the AU coaches just took the opportunity that was given to them.  I doubt the AU coaches thought for one minute that Hart would actually commit - but no way do they just blow him off either. 

And to cry wolf, Prowler, means to cry for help when you really don't need it, just to get attention...

Oh wait - maybe you used it right after all.  Just not in reference to Dee Hart.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #102 on: January 24, 2011, 12:10:30 AM »

And to cry wolf, Prowler, means to cry for help when you really don't need it, just to get attention...

Oh wait - maybe you used it right after all.  Just not in reference to Dee Hart.

Excellent   :rofl:

I still heart you very much
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #103 on: January 24, 2011, 10:50:13 AM »
Wait, so you are saying that a 5* kid takes a gray shirt?

*snicker*
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #104 on: January 24, 2011, 10:53:17 AM »
Wait, so you are saying that a 5* kid takes a gray shirt?

*snicker*

He will have to redshirt at least from all the knee scrapes he gets from crawling through glass to get to Chiz.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #105 on: January 24, 2011, 10:58:34 AM »
From what I have read, both Gabe Wright and Isaiah Crowell will be at the Columbus Community announcing their commitments together on NSD. This is a great sign for Auburn. The reason? Wright is considered to be by most people as a silent commit to Auburn.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #106 on: January 24, 2011, 11:19:55 AM »
From what I have read, both Gabe Wright and Isaiah Crowell will be at the Columbus Community announcing their commitments together on NSD. This is a great sign for Auburn. The reason? Wright is considered to be by most people as a silent commit to Auburn.

I guess I am being pessimistic, but I don't see why this a sure fire good sign for AU.  A lot of kids announce together and it's not always to the same school.   Olive Branch had 5 to 7 last year announce at the same time and the schools were all mixed.   

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

djsimp

« Reply #107 on: January 24, 2011, 11:21:47 AM »
Also, another tidbit, Ray Drew will be announcing this Friday. All indications points to him signing with Auburn.

http://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/2011/ray-drew-has-a-new-leader/?utm_source=GeorgiaSDS&utm_medium=twitter
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

« Reply #108 on: January 24, 2011, 11:26:02 AM »
I guess I am being pessimistic, but I don't see why this a sure fire good sign for AU.  A lot of kids announce together and it's not always to the same school.   Olive Branch had 5 to 7 last year announce at the same time and the schools were all mixed.

No, I don't think you're being pessimistic at all, that does happen a good bit. The post also reflects a lot of other stuff I have read too. Its just when you add this current bit of info, it makes it very exciting. Georgia is trying everything to get this kid but I really do feel Crowell signs with Auburn come NSD.

Also, Wright and Crowell are pretty close and Wright has been recruiting Crowell to Auburn hard. You add that and def playing time, I think that in itself gets Auburn the edge. Check the video out.

http://auburn.scout.com/2/1036150.html
« Last Edit: January 24, 2011, 11:33:46 AM by djsimp41 »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #109 on: January 24, 2011, 11:49:28 AM »
I'm not sold on either one until they announce.  I think we get Wright, but if he pulled the switch to UT or UGA, I wouldn't be shocked.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #110 on: January 24, 2011, 12:10:26 PM »
From everything I've read (my skreets: Rivals, AuburnUndercover, Scout & several GA Writers and twitter accounts, Rivals radio on XM...lol), universally Ray Drew is credited with being the hardest recruit to nail down to a school to be so late in his recruitment.  As convfident as J. Lee, Mattews, Caldwell and others feel about him coming to AU, there are LSU and GA writers feeling confident about their standing as well.

In my opinion, regardless of what he's said, some actions of his (including a very good back and forth with a fellow recruit over Cam's situation on FB), he seems to be really into AU.  So, I'd give us the slight edge due to actions over words. 

Crowell has been a Bama lean for so long, that it'll be tough for him to swing out, but I'm not sure he wants to be second fiddle to Hart.  He's been hanging with a lot of AU folks, including playing in the same backfield as Frazier on a game winning All-star game drive.  He's been hanging out with heavy AU recruiters like Dismukes and other players. 

For the same reason we should have an edge with Fulse, I actually give us the edge on Bama to swing Crowell.  Just too much communication and relationships on the long term recruiting trail.  Us having his last visit next weekend can't hurt either.  If Drew commits on Friday, look for Crowell and others to secure a top 3 class on signing day.  They'll all want to be part of it.

Just my opinion sifting through everything....
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

• The guy your mother warned you about
« Reply #111 on: January 24, 2011, 12:25:49 PM »
I know alot of Bama folks are saying Hart's commitment doesn't affect Crowell, and it probably doesn't to our coaches. But to Crowell, I think it changes alot IMO. Whether he goes to AU or UGA is probably a toss up, but I can't help to think that Alabama is on the outside looking in at this point. It would be great if I'm wrong, though.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

djsimp

« Reply #112 on: January 24, 2011, 12:27:02 PM »
Thats pretty good stuff Chop. I'm just curious, seriously, did you mean to say Auburn in this part of your post?

I actually give us the edge on Bama to swing Crowell
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #113 on: January 24, 2011, 12:30:05 PM »
I know alot of Bama folks are saying Hart's commitment doesn't affect Crowell, and it probably doesn't to our coaches. But to Crowell, I think it changes alot IMO. Whether he goes to AU or UGA is probably a toss up, but I can't help to think that Alabama is on the outside looking in at this point. It would be great if I'm wrong, though.

That!  I will hear fans from other fan bases and our own say things like "it doesn't matter, we will play the best" or "if the coaches think he is good enough, he will play"......something along that nature, so they think have recruit X locked up, when no one realizes that the kid might be thinking "wow, they brought him in, they don't need me, I am going to school Y now".
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #114 on: January 24, 2011, 01:07:25 PM »
It really has to be attractive to Crowell or whoever to see our depth chart at RB.  And seeing how Malzahn uses his backs can't hurt either.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

djsimp

« Reply #115 on: January 24, 2011, 01:31:11 PM »
It really has to be attractive to Crowell or whoever to see our depth chart at RB.  And seeing how Malzahn uses his backs can't hurt either.

Absolutely and I think that is what Crowell and Mason are thinking as well.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #116 on: January 24, 2011, 01:43:24 PM »
My feeling as of right now is that we miss on Crowell, Drew, and Collins. I think we sign Wright, Florence, Roberson, Abdulah, Mason, Fulse...and a few diamonds in the rough.

I think Collins signs at LSU and Crowell and Drew at UGA. I think Richt is desperate and pulling out all the stops. I think we miss bad on RB's this year which may hurt us...

I hope I am wrong...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #117 on: January 24, 2011, 01:54:44 PM »
My feeling as of right now is that we miss on Crowell, Drew, and Collins. I think we sign Wright, Florence, Roberson, Abdulah, Mason, Fulse...and a few diamonds in the rough.

I think Collins signs at LSU and Crowell and Drew at UGA. I think Richt is desperate and pulling out all the stops. I think we miss bad on RB's this year which may hurt us...

I hope I am wrong...

That is what scares me about this class as well.  Hoping like hell we can steal a Crowell, Brown or someone along those line. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #118 on: January 24, 2011, 03:12:35 PM »
If we miss out on signing a back do you think Eric Smith moves back to tailback like Tubs recruited him for?  He can be a good third down back a-la Fannin as he seems to be a decent blocker and has some good hands.  Might be able to drop a few pounds in the offseason if needed.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You meet a man on the Oregon Trail. He tells you his name is Terry. You laugh and tell him: "That's a girl's name!" Terry shoots you. You have died of dissin' Terry.

djsimp

« Reply #119 on: January 24, 2011, 03:23:23 PM »
I'd be willing make a friendly wager of a beer of your choice that we do get a great RB in this years class. Hell, we might even get two. I know its recruiting and you really can't be too sure of anything but I'm telling you that Auburn will get their fair share of the RB class this year. I think they had only planned on signing two and thats not counting Calloway.

My guesstimation is Crowell and Mason.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2011, 04:12:19 PM by djsimp41 »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions