Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Gurus Unite...

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
Re: Gurus Unite...
« Reply #120 on: January 24, 2011, 03:31:58 PM »
Oh, I think we get Mason, but I wanted someone else to go along with him.   I think we end up with James and Mason.   I would rather have Allen than James, not what I was expecting, but it is a little disappointing. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #121 on: January 24, 2011, 03:41:29 PM »
Gurus unite again and feed me info.  What kinds of backs are these guys as far as size and/or running style.  Obviously what we're used to in the first two years under CGM is a mixture of power and speed with Tate/Dyer/O'Mac.  Don't want to get caught up in focusing on the scat back (See Bowden's later years) when it's a given that you HAVE to be able to pound it like Ron Jeremy in this league.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

« Reply #122 on: January 24, 2011, 04:02:59 PM »
Gurus unite again and feed me info.  What kinds of backs are these guys as far as size and/or running style.  Obviously what we're used to in the first two years under CGM is a mixture of power and speed with Tate/Dyer/O'Mac.  Don't want to get caught up in focusing on the scat back (See Bowden's later years) when it's a given that you HAVE to be able to pound it like Ron Jeremy in this league.

:fu:

Signed,
Markeith Cooper
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #123 on: January 24, 2011, 04:04:28 PM »
Oh, I think we get Mason, but I wanted someone else to go along with him.   I think we end up with James and Mason.   I would rather have Allen than James, not what I was expecting, but it is a little disappointing.

I'm not so sure Auburn is even actively recruiting Allen or James anymore. I'm sure if Auburn was to miss out on either or both Crowell or Mason then these other two would jump on it. Mason is really high on Auburn so I expect him to sign. I know there is many who don't have a lot of confidence Crowell will sign with Auburn but I do. I think he has a solid relationship with Gabe Wright, but I thinks its the lure of playing time that will be the ultimate factor; and lets not forget BCS champs.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

« Reply #124 on: January 24, 2011, 04:13:41 PM »
Well Snaggle, it seems to be a mixture. Here are some links to Crowell and Mason for player bios.

Crowell
http://recruiting.scout.com/a.z?s=73&p=8&c=1&nid=4191930

Mason
http://recruiting.scout.com/a.z?s=73&p=8&c=1&nid=4206675
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #125 on: January 24, 2011, 04:42:55 PM »
Well Snaggle, it seems to be a mixture. Here are some links to Crowell and Mason for player bios.

Crowell
http://recruiting.scout.com/a.z?s=73&p=8&c=1&nid=4191930

Mason
http://recruiting.scout.com/a.z?s=73&p=8&c=1&nid=4206675

Cool.  Thanks.  I say we just sign them both and we're guaranteed that thunder and lightning combo for years to come.  See, wasn't that easy?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #126 on: January 24, 2011, 04:49:22 PM »
Crowell is the key. For some reason, we stopped recruiting Buie. For a long time, the 2 backs were Mason and Buie. Then we signed Calloway as a RB, and now Crowell comes into the mix. That stopped the recruiting of Buie and I am not sure what will happen with Mason. I think Mason may be the only one that we end up getting....
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #127 on: January 24, 2011, 04:55:18 PM »
A quick sidenote:

Kyle Crofoot, of the famed deep-snapping Crofoot family, was in attendance this past weekend. He will be the 5th and final
of the Crofoot youngins' to make a college roster as a deep snapper. He has yet to decide on a school.

I figured Snag would appreciate
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #128 on: January 24, 2011, 05:05:10 PM »
A quick sidenote:

Kyle Crofoot, of the famed deep-snapping Crofoot family, was in attendance this past weekend. He will be the 5th and final
of the Crofoot youngins' to make a college roster as a deep snapper. He has yet to decide on a school.

I figured Snag would appreciate

It just moved.

Actually, it was either the deep snapper info or your avatar.  I'm adding that one to the list.  Yours, Chinook's, ssgaufans and Sani's.  All day long.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #129 on: January 24, 2011, 05:05:25 PM »
Crowell is the key. For some reason, we stopped recruiting Buie. For a long time, the 2 backs were Mason and Buie. Then we signed Calloway as a RB, and now Crowell comes into the mix. That stopped the recruiting of Buie and I am not sure what will happen with Mason. I think Mason may be the only one that we end up getting....

This is my fear as well.  Buie is WVU bound, the Old Piss mods seem to think they have Mason coming to them.  Gotta be honest, that bothers me a little.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

djsimp

« Reply #130 on: January 24, 2011, 05:07:43 PM »
I agree, Crowell is the big fish and his recruitment is firing on all cylinders. It should be fun ride to Feb 2nd. I don't know what happened to Buie either. He just kind of fell off the board for Auburn. I do know that the Auburn backed off several players because of grades so this might be a reason. Auburn coaches aren't really wanting to sign a kid and have to send them to JUCO. From I read though, Auburn is holding two spots open for Crowell and Mason. They know something, I guess.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

« Reply #131 on: January 24, 2011, 05:09:21 PM »
This is my fear as well.  Buie is WVU bound, the Old Piss mods seem to think they have Mason coming to them.  Gotta be honest, that bothers me a little.

I find it hard to believe Mason would go to Ole Piss when Auburn has pretty much promised him a scholly and as high on Auburn as Mason is.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tiger Wench

• Does this armour make my ass look big?
« Reply #132 on: January 24, 2011, 05:15:57 PM »
Per an al.com article about Kiehl Frazier:

Frazier was among three five-star players committed, five others who are on board and a handful of others on Auburn's recruiting visitors' list during the Tigers' national championship weekend leading up to National Signing Day on Feb. 2. 

Frazier was familiar with the visiting routine. He's been to Auburn a half-dozen other times, including games, but said the 78,000 who showed up Saturday in Jordan-Hare Stadium for the celebration caught him off guard. 

"I expected like 10,000 people, and it was packed," he said. "I can't wait to get out there and be playing on Saturdays." 

He left this visit saying he'll be working on persuading some uncommitted players to join him at Auburn. 

"Since I committed, it's kind of my job to get these guys on board," Frazier said. "I think we'll get a few unexpected people on Feb. 2."

Frazier said he worked on Columbus, Ga., defensive tackle Gabe Wright and Valley defensive back Erique Florence, both of whom were at the celebration. 

"We're in good position with pretty much all the players we're going after. Hopefully, on signing day, we'll get a few more," he said.

He said "WE"... **sigh**

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #133 on: January 24, 2011, 05:19:11 PM »
Family baby.  All in.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

« Reply #134 on: January 25, 2011, 02:08:33 PM »
Rivals and 24/7 Sports reporting Crowell may not visit this weekend.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #135 on: January 25, 2011, 11:18:18 PM »
Rivals and 24/7 Sports reporting Crowell may not visit this weekend.
Yup...I'd say that tells it all.  I think we end up getting Mason, I hope.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #136 on: January 26, 2011, 12:30:57 AM »
Yup...I'd say that tells it all.  I think we end up getting Mason, I hope.

If we don't get Mason, then this year was a big whiff on RB recruiting.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
« Reply #137 on: January 26, 2011, 01:05:36 AM »
Ray Drew Info
http://atlanta.sbnation.com/georgia-bulldogs/2011/1/25/1955111/georgia-football-recruiting-star-prospect-ray-drew-wont-be-a-member

Georgia Recruiting: Ray Drew Won't Be A Member Of The "Dream Team"
Jan 2

10:41a
 by Brian Jones

Georgia head coach Mark Richt has put together a "dream team" of recruits that he thinks will help get Georgia back to their winning ways. They have done a good job so far by grabbing star prospects from Valdosta High School, Jay Rome and Malcolm Mitchell. But the Bulldogs got a hit to the gut, as super star prospect Ray Drew is possibly ruling out Georgia as his college of choice.

Drew broke the news last night on Score Atlanta's The Official Visit, a recruiting radio show on 790 the Zone. One of the things he mentioned about Georgia is he is not sure how he will fit into the 3-4 defensive scheme. He also said that Georgia is looking to put him as a outside linebacker rather than his natural position, defensive end.

Many have said Drew is the best prospect in the state, and some have gone further and said he is one of the 10 best prospects in the country. He is set to make his decision on Friday. Some of the finalists could be Auburn, LSU and Clemson.

For more on this, you can go to the Sports by Fletch blog, which is ran by Fletcher Proctor, the co-host of the Official Visit. He has quotes from the interview with Drew.

« Last Edit: January 26, 2011, 01:32:35 AM by Jumbo »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.

chinook

« Reply #138 on: January 26, 2011, 01:17:19 AM »
The quote function wins again.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
« Reply #139 on: January 26, 2011, 01:33:53 AM »
The quote function wins again.
Fixd :civic:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.