Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Gurus Unite...

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
Re: Gurus Unite...
« Reply #80 on: January 21, 2011, 09:48:06 PM »
Uhhh.  Hart was committed anyway, dumbass.  Regardless of him enrolling early or late, he was still going to count against the scholarship totals and he was still impact the running back depth chart. 

His enrolling early does not help nor hurt Bama's chances with Crowell. 
I'm sure the "company line" has already been emailed out to everyone.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

Tiger Wench

• Does this armour make my ass look big?
« Reply #81 on: January 21, 2011, 10:40:11 PM »
It'd say it was a Win-Win situation.  The Auburn coaches forced Coach belittle into doing something that he didn't want to do.  BLAH BLAH BLAH Putting Auburn in a perfect situation to make some noise for Crowell with his OV coming up next weekend.  If that OV takes place as scheduled.

Oh the tangled web we weave... do you seriously believe this?  This is an episode of As the Locker Room Turns - conspiracy theories.  This shit is tinfoil hat level material.  All we need now is Dr. Gene Chizenschmirtz Evil Incorporated trying to take over the entire Tri-State Area!!!

We get who we get, and either they want to come to Auburn or they don't.  Enough already.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2011, 10:40:53 PM by Tiger Wench »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #82 on: January 21, 2011, 11:05:26 PM »
Oh the tangled web we weave... do you seriously believe this?  This is an episode of As the Locker Room Turns - conspiracy theories.  This shit is tinfoil hat level material.  All we need now is Dr. Gene Chizenschmirtz Evil Incorporated trying to take over the entire Tri-State Area!!!

We get who we get, and either they want to come to Auburn or they don't.  Enough already.
Yes....I do believe this.  Because it just happened.  Coach belittle didn't want Hart to enroll early for some unknown reason.  Auburn said that he could and forced belittle's hand into getting him enrolled on the very last day to enroll.

I'm sorry, TW...did I step on your leash that Token has you on?
« Last Edit: January 21, 2011, 11:06:57 PM by The Prowler »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

Tiger Wench

• Does this armour make my ass look big?
« Reply #83 on: January 21, 2011, 11:09:45 PM »
Yes....I do believe this.  Because it just happened.  Coach belittle didn't want Hart to enroll early for some unknown reason.  Auburn said that he could and forced belittle's hand into getting him enrolled on the very last day to enroll.

I'm sorry, TW...did I step on your leash that Token has you on?

Why in the HELL would Saban care one crap if the kid enrolled early?  One less to worry about.

I don't think anyone makes Saban do anything he does not want to do... and that is making a HUGE assumption that he "didn't" want to let the guy enroll early. 

Gaaahhh - never mind.  I feel stupider for even calling you out on something so ridiculous.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #84 on: January 21, 2011, 11:12:10 PM »
First off, I'm not big into these cruiten conspiracies. With that said, I do believe what AUS is laying out on the table. I have been following this guy for the better part of two years and dude is been spot on except for the Marcus Lattimore situation. Dee Hart was and still is committed to bama, but apparently there was some indecisiveness here as of late. It seems Hart wanted to enroll early and whatever the circumstances were in his mind he felt like that was not going to happen for him at bama so he contacted one of the Auburn coaches. Once they paid him a visit, Harts HS coach said hell no and called Saban and within 24 hours, Hart was enrolled at bama. Whether this benefits Auburn, who the hell knows but what it does tell me is that the cruiten in this state is some for real shit now and both coaches need to be on top of their game.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #85 on: January 21, 2011, 11:15:33 PM »
Why in the HELL would Saban care one crap if the kid enrolled early?  One less to worry about.

I don't think anyone makes Saban do anything he does not want to do... and that is making a HUGE assumption that he "didn't" want to let the guy enroll early. 

Gaaahhh - never mind.  I feel stupider for even calling you out on something so ridiculous.
Think of it like this.

In this situation, someone was playin' Chess...while the other were playin' Checkers.

And yes, he was on the Committed List, but he was told to hold on the early enroll.  Hart got word that if Coach belittle landed Isaiah Crowell, that his scholarship would be going to him and that a greyshirt would be offered.  Hart said fuck that bullshit, Auburn has been there since the get go and they said I could enroll early.  His HS Head Coach "crys wolf" and pushes Hart back to SPuat.  Less than 24 hours later he is completely enrolled at SPuat and is on campus starting classes.

And yes...today, Coach Chizik and Company made Coach belittle do something that he didn't want to do.  I'd be willing to bet that someone is still pulling their hair out in West Vance.

No tinfoil conspiracy black helicopter hats needed.  It happened that way, regardless of what the bammers want to believe.  It is what it is.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2011, 11:35:11 PM by The Prowler »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Token

« Reply #86 on: January 22, 2011, 12:30:14 AM »
Wow. I don't think I've ever seen anyone misuse the phrase "cry wolf". You really are special.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2011, 12:35:52 AM by Token »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #87 on: January 22, 2011, 07:46:09 AM »
Wow. I don't think I've ever seen anyone misuse the phrase "cry wolf". You really are special.

If you're wondering....I didn't misuse the phrase "cry wolf".  Dee Hart was the Lamb and the Auburn Coach was the Wolf, hence "his HS Coach cried wolf".  You're the one that seems to be a little special.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

« Reply #88 on: January 22, 2011, 09:26:58 AM »
This was nothing more that a kid wanting to enroll early. Maybe Saban told Dee that this would happen and Dee felt like Saban was not keeping his word, who knows. Simply put, the kid gave the Auburn coaches a call to possibly enroll early and the Auburn coaches went to pay him a visit. Yes, all this was obviously the catalyst, through Dee's HS coach, to get him enrolled early at bama. I just find it hard to believe that the Auburn coaches used this primarily to fuck with Saban. Auburn saw a chance to kid a good RB to Auburn, that is all.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #89 on: January 22, 2011, 12:39:01 PM »
To be honest, I think there is something to this conspiracy. Saban has a way with manipulating kids and Hart wanted to come in early. For some reason, Saban told him not to and then all of a sudden he changed his mind??? I think there is something to what prowler is saying.

Also, I agree with Token. Prowler also completely misused the phrase "cry wolf"...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

« Reply #90 on: January 22, 2011, 01:28:58 PM »
To be honest, I think there is something to this conspiracy. Saban has a way with manipulating kids and Hart wanted to come in early. For some reason, Saban told him not to and then all of a sudden he changed his mind??? I think there is something to what prowler is saying.

Like I said, I don't think the Auburn coaches had anything to do with some conspiracy. On the other hand, its pretty obvious that Saban did something or said something that had Hart calling the Auburn coaches. Everything points to Saban telling Hart that he could enroll early. With time running out to get enrolled, Hart felt like it wasn't gonna happen. But, miraculously, Hart got enrolled on the last day to do so.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #91 on: January 22, 2011, 02:36:53 PM »

Also, I agree with Token. Prowler also completely misused the phrase "cry wolf"...
It's like you're in my head.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Token

« Reply #92 on: January 22, 2011, 03:54:19 PM »
Or maybe, after Saban couldn't talk BJ Scott out of transferring last Tuesday, a spot came open for Dee Hart to enroll 2 days later.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #93 on: January 22, 2011, 04:35:31 PM »
Or maybe, after Saban couldn't talk BJ Scott out of transferring last Tuesday, a spot came open for Dee Hart to enroll 2 days later.

Dee Hart will make a nice Safety....I'm guessing Corey Grant will be the next transfer to UNA?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

War Eagle!!!

« Reply #94 on: January 22, 2011, 05:12:33 PM »

Bull. Fucking. Shit.

Hart was always coming in early. I don't keep up a ton with recruiting, but I did know that whoever got Hart, got an early enroller. And another thing, even if Hart came in early, he would have a spot even if there wasn't a spot last year. You don't HAVE to count back...it's just an option...

Dee Hart will make a nice Safety....I'm guessing Corey Grant will be the next transfer to UNA?

nah...Hart is not a safety...he is a running back. An over rated running back (I was serious when I said I had the Kaos' Tyrik view on this kid)...but a running back...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Token

« Reply #95 on: January 22, 2011, 05:32:56 PM »
Bull. Fucking. Shit.

Hart was always coming in early. I don't keep up a ton with recruiting, but I did know that whoever got Hart, got an early enroller. And another thing, even if Hart came in early, he would have a spot even if there wasn't a spot last year. You don't HAVE to count back...it's just an option...

I don't have inside knowledge because I'm not a coach, but according to the UA homers, Hart wasn't going to have a spot because of the other 8 early enrollments, which maxed the 85, thus not leaving a spot for Hart.  Then BJ transferred this past week, bringing the total down to 84. 

Again, that's all Chase Goodbread info, I don't know if it's true or not.  But (IMO) it seems more logical than Auburn coaches scaring Bama coaches into letting him enroll early.  I mean, he was going to enroll in this class either way. 

And honestly, he may be a bust.  I don't see where kids like Dee Hart, BJ Scott, Blake Sims or Corey Grant fit into a pro style offense.  I really don't understand why they keep signing up.  To go a little further, Alabama is going to take a major league PR hit before the season starts.  Even after losing the handful of seniors and juniors who jumped early, Alabama is already at 85 scholarships again going into spring drills, and they will likely sign the full 28 in February. 

I don't like over-signing, and this shit is going to hit big time after this class.  It's going to be so bad in my opinion, the NCAA will likely make rules to disallow such things from happening in the future.  At least, I hope they do.  Because if they don't?  Other schools are going to have a huge recruiting advantage against Saban in the future.  "If you go to Alabama, you might get a full scholarship". 

I don't like it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

War Eagle!!!

« Reply #96 on: January 22, 2011, 05:58:37 PM »
I don't have inside knowledge because I'm not a coach, but according to the UA homers, Hart wasn't going to have a spot because of the other 8 early enrollments, which maxed the 85, thus not leaving a spot for Hart.  Then BJ transferred this past week, bringing the total down to 84. 

Again, that's all Chase Goodbread info, I don't know if it's true or not.  But (IMO) it seems more logical than Auburn coaches scaring Bama coaches into letting him enroll early.  I mean, he was going to enroll in this class either way. 

And honestly, he may be a bust.  I don't see where kids like Dee Hart, BJ Scott, Blake Sims or Corey Grant fit into a pro style offense.  I really don't understand why they keep signing up.  To go a little further, Alabama is going to take a major league PR hit before the season starts.  Even after losing the handful of seniors and juniors who jumped early, Alabama is already at 85 scholarships again going into spring drills, and they will likely sign the full 28 in February. 

I don't like over-signing, and this shit is going to hit big time after this class.  It's going to be so bad in my opinion, the NCAA will likely make rules to disallow such things from happening in the future.  At least, I hope they do.  Because if they don't?  Other schools are going to have a huge recruiting advantage against Saban in the future.  "If you go to Alabama, you might get a full scholarship". 

I don't like it.

If Hart made 85, where are the other 20 something recruits going? Shouldn't the guys that have graduated or have left early, not count in the 85 scholly's? Or since they are in winter semester, they still count?

Yall had 8 early enrollees? Damn. How in the fuck is Saban going to pull this shit off in the fall only having 85 total scholarships. What a cluster fuck...

*EDIT* and you may be right...but I wouldn't put it past Saban to try and make Hart wait so he can feed what ever shit he wants to to guys like Crowell. I could be wrong...but Saban is a used car salesman when it comes to recruiting IMO...
« Last Edit: January 22, 2011, 06:00:12 PM by War Eagle!!! »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #97 on: January 22, 2011, 06:31:51 PM »

I don't like it.
I'm not sure how the NCAA could do anything about oversigning, if the kids agree on the Greyshirt.  But, putting kids on Medical Scholarships/Hardships should get the NCAA's attention.  Especially when the kid comes out and says he wasn't injured enough to warrent it that Coach belittle probably just wanted my scholarhship to give to the incoming class.  Now, that'll get the NCAA's attention, as it should.  That has nothing at all to do with "finding loopholes" and everything to do with having the training staff lieing to the NCAA to put the kid(s) on Medical.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Token

« Reply #98 on: January 22, 2011, 06:43:59 PM »
I'm not sure how the NCAA could do anything about oversigning, if the kids agree on the Greyshirt.  But, putting kids on Medical Scholarships/Hardships should get the NCAA's attention.  Especially when the kid comes out and says he wasn't injured enough to warrent it that Coach belittle probably just wanted my scholarhship to give to the incoming class.  Now, that'll get the NCAA's attention, as it should.  That has nothing at all to do with "finding loopholes" and everything to do with having the training staff lieing to the NCAA to put the kid(s) on Medical.

Medical scholarships doesn't bother me.  Zeke Knight was also a disgruntled player who felt as though he was going to be forced on a medical scholly when he could play.  Then he transferred somewhere, and had the same shit happen there.  If the doctor doesn't clear them to play, so be it. 

Grayshirts are the same.  If the kid wants to sit out an entire year and then enroll, so be it.  My concern is the kids who transfer to other schools.  Are they transferring because they want playing time, or are they transferring because they are told it's in their best interest? 

When 15-20 players transfer this season to make room for the incoming class, it's not going to look good.  Even if the decision is totally on the players leaving, it's going to be very, very bad.  Which again, is why I hope the NCAA or SEC puts a limit on over-signing. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #99 on: January 22, 2011, 07:57:52 PM »
Medical scholarships doesn't bother me.  Zeke Knight was also a disgruntled player who felt as though he was going to be forced on a medical scholly when he could play.  Then he transferred somewhere, and had the same shit happen there.  If the doctor doesn't clear them to play, so be it. 

Grayshirts are the same.  If the kid wants to sit out an entire year and then enroll, so be it.  My concern is the kids who transfer to other schools.  Are they transferring because they want playing time, or are they transferring because they are told it's in their best interest? 

When 15-20 players transfer this season to make room for the incoming class, it's not going to look good.  Even if the decision is totally on the players leaving, it's going to be very, very bad.  Which again, is why I hope the NCAA or SEC puts a limit on over-signing. 
Yes this year, with SPuat only having 8 Seniors and 3 Juniors graduating or going Pro and 1 transferring.  That's only 12 spots open, meaning that it'll not look good when 13 players on the roster transfer, take a medical, has their scholly pulled to pay their own way, the incoming 13 grayshirts...or some form of those, will definitely look bad.  The insteresting thing will be, which players aren't going to be a part of the team this upcoming year.

Plus, IIRC, wasn't there two prospects from last year's signing class that grayshirted and was "promised" a scholarship this year?  One of them was already enrolled to start classes and was already working out with the team, only to be told that he wasn't going to be with the team....Wilson Love, I think.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions