Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Congrats bitches

Token

Congrats bitches
« on: January 10, 2011, 11:50:06 PM »
Auburn was far and away the better team on the field.  Bigger, stronger, faster, better coached.  Congrats on the National Championship. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Re: Congrats bitches
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2011, 12:31:47 AM »
Looked to me like OU was all offense in their strategy.  A field goal down when they went for it could have won them the game.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You meet a man on the Oregon Trail. He tells you his name is Terry. You laugh and tell him: "That's a girl's name!" Terry shoots you. You have died of dissin' Terry.

jmar

« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2011, 12:38:22 AM »
Auburn was far and away the better team on the field.  Bigger, stronger, faster, better coached.  Congrats on the National Championship.

Thank-you Token, so much for a scorefest huh? It was about speed and power as you say. Newton struggled  and was hemmed up by Rowe but it didnt matter. Thomas wouldn't run it. James couldn't run it and Maehl  did what so many other receivers did to the secondary all season and that didn't matter either. Special teams had it's best game too. Very proud yet somewhat relieved after the long wait.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2011, 03:19:07 AM by jmar »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tiger Wench

• Does this armour make my ass look big?
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2011, 12:54:53 AM »
Thank you, sweetie.  Just look at it like this:  The state of Alabama fucking rocks in football. 

All that aside:  WAR DAMN NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP!!!!!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2011, 02:21:48 AM »
Appreciate it Token.   Does this mean you still owe me one in MWF2?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2011, 04:12:20 AM »
Thanks man.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2011, 07:28:56 AM »
preesh.  The best of nights.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2011, 09:40:29 AM »
Honestly, Cam just played human tonight and we still won. If he would have played super-human like he has all year, Auburn could have won by 21.

The defense played great. I didn't think that the Oregon team would be able to compete upfront, but I had no idea it was going to be that much of a mismatch. If it wasn't for a few fake punts, and going for it on fourth down, we could have locked that bitch down earlier.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2011, 09:49:39 AM »
Thank you, sweetie.  Just look at it like this:  The state of Alabama fucking rocks in football. 

ZACK LEE!!!!

Texas, California....Florida...what?? I cant hear them, WHAT? HAHAHAHAHA!!! Our state rules the CFB world at the moment. Love it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

boartitz

« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2011, 10:38:36 AM »

Thank the Arkansas boys, too. Gus, Dyer and Burns.
Gus yanked Chizik aside at the end of the game and convinced him to run one more play instead of kicking the field goal with 10 seconds. I know it was a slim chance of OU doing anything with that much time left, but there was zero chance of them doing anything with no time left.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2011, 11:33:42 AM »
Honestly, Cam just played human tonight and we still won. If he would have played super-human like he has all year, Auburn could have won by 21.

The defense played great. I didn't think that the Oregon team would be able to compete upfront, but I had no idea it was going to be that much of a mismatch. If it wasn't for a few fake punts, and going for it on fourth down, we could have locked that bitch down earlier.

Cam was off just a hair.  And he was banged up late.  The OL wasn't dominant early, but picked it up late.  The score should have been more like a 10-14 pt victory, but I'll take it the way it was. 

Oregon harped about their speed, and for some damn reason, national folks, who have seen SEC speed first hand thought that Oregon had a chance based on that.  I think it was early on that Oregon figured out that they didn't have the speed they thought they had compared to Auburn, and I said it in another post that I didn't think Auburn would be surprised or overwhelmed by either their team speed, or the speed at which they run their offense.    I did figure they'd score more as I thought Oregon would try to throw more.  I never thought they'd be able to run it, but didn't think we'd stifle them to the extent we did.  The defense took all the pregame snub by the lack of coverage for their contribution personally, and they all played big and played for 60 minutes.   It should be noted that playing a team that runs  the option like Oregon took some very good coaching, and the way Fairley handled being left unblocked wasn't all his talent...that took being prepared. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2011, 11:50:45 AM »
Thank the Arkansas boys, too. Gus, Dyer and Burns.
Gus yanked Chizik aside at the end of the game and convinced him to run one more play instead of kicking the field goal with 10 seconds. I know it was a slim chance of OU doing anything with that much time left, but there was zero chance of them doing anything with no time left.

Dyer took MVP, that was great. Little man knows what to do with the football. Burns too, he deserved that TD for all that he sacrificed to put team first.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #12 on: January 11, 2011, 12:29:12 PM »
Dyer took MVP, that was great. Little man knows what to do with the football. Burns too, he deserved that TD for all that he sacrificed to put team first.
Worked out well for us that Arkansas didn't have room for him. :)
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

ssgaufan

• WDE!!!
« Reply #13 on: January 11, 2011, 12:35:13 PM »
How do you think Seastrunk felt watching what could've been?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #14 on: January 11, 2011, 12:42:20 PM »

Might have been thinking: "I made a good decision, Dyer is the man".
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tiger Wench

• Does this armour make my ass look big?
« Reply #15 on: January 11, 2011, 12:47:45 PM »

Lattimore too.

I knew going in we would take away the run, but damn if Oregon never figured that out!  They kept trying to pound James up the middle like something was going to change.  Even Herbie said time and again, if they are going to run, they have got to get to the outside.  Plus, if they had thrown to Maehl all night, they would have kicked our asses.  SO GLAD Nieko is graduating!!

I decided this morning to take the day off today and just bask in it all.  Plus, my head HURTS!!!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

• The guy your mother warned you about
« Reply #16 on: January 11, 2011, 01:18:13 PM »
Congratulations, AU. War Eagle, bitches.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

RWS

• The guy your mother warned you about
« Reply #17 on: January 11, 2011, 01:19:10 PM »
I've said it before, and I'll say it again. Seastrunk wouldn't have done shit at AU, much like he won't do shit at Oregon. I would be surprised if he made it through a second season at Oregon.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
« Reply #18 on: January 11, 2011, 01:54:17 PM »
Congratulations, AU. War Eagle, bitches.
Thanks for the congrats!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #19 on: January 11, 2011, 02:27:37 PM »
I've said it before, and I'll say it again. Seastrunk wouldn't have done shit at AU, much like he won't do shit at Oregon. I would be surprised if he made it through a second season at Oregon.

I'm not sure about that. I think he could have fit in nicely in the McCaleb role.

BTW, There was a video on Rivals of him being interviewed and he still talked about Auburn and said "we". It was crazy. It looked like he wanted to cry 3 or 4 times in the video. You can tell he was actually hurt that he thinks he fucked himself out of a chance to play at Auburn. He still talks to Luper's son all the time. It was a painful interview to watch quite honestly.

Lattimore too.

I knew going in we would take away the run, but damn if Oregon never figured that out!  They kept trying to pound James up the middle like something was going to change.  Even Herbie said time and again, if they are going to run, they have got to get to the outside.  Plus, if they had thrown to Maehl all night, they would have kicked our asses.  SO GLAD Nieko is graduating!!

I decided this morning to take the day off today and just bask in it all.  Plus, my head HURTS!!!

I think Latt is kicking himself. It was HIS choice not to come to Auburn. I am not sure Lache can say the same. Maybe if Lache wouldn't have acted like a fucking idiot maybe...but ultimately, I think Auburn moved on and Lache didn't have a choice but to go to Oregon.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions