Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Cecil Admits to Discussing Under the Table Money - Sources Say

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
Re: Cecil Admits to Discussing Under the Table Money - Sources Say
« Reply #40 on: November 13, 2010, 01:16:33 PM »
I have read from two different places, J Lee from Rivals and Finabaum tweets, that the NCAA was in Auburn yesterday speaking with the Newton family. Cam plays, this is a great sign for Auburn and Cam Newton.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #41 on: November 13, 2010, 01:29:45 PM »
Edit - Nevermind.  Just read a few other articles that worded it "Chizik cancels interview with TW."
« Last Edit: November 13, 2010, 01:36:13 PM by Townhallsavoy »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

JR4AU

« Reply #42 on: November 13, 2010, 01:31:40 PM »
I have read from two different places, J Lee from Rivals and Finabaum tweets, that the NCAA was in Auburn yesterday speaking with the Newton family. Cam plays, this is a great sign for Auburn and Cam Newton.

Auburn quarterback Cam Newton is expected to play against Georgia today.

A news story Friday night that said a source said Newton's father discussed money with an ex-Mississippi State football player to have his son play for the Bulldogs had previously been reviewed by people looking into the matter. The fact Newton remains eligible means the people who determine eligibility, at least now, believe neither Auburn nor Cam Newton knew of his father's dealing with Mississippi State.

The fact that Newton was allowed to practice, and take the team bus Friday, is an indication he is eligible. Ineligible players can do neither.

Auburn, 10-0 and No. 2 in the BCS, will win the SEC West if it beats 5-5 Georgia in the 2:30 p.m. game in Jordan-Hare Stadium.

http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2010/11/auburns_cam_newton_still_on_tr.html
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #43 on: November 13, 2010, 01:33:49 PM »

Auburn quarterback Cam Newton is expected to play against Georgia today.

A news story Friday night that said a source said Newton's father discussed money with an ex-Mississippi State football player to have his son play for the Bulldogs had previously been reviewed by people looking into the matter. The fact Newton remains eligible means the people who determine eligibility, at least now, believe neither Auburn nor Cam Newton knew of his father's dealing with Mississippi State.

The fact that Newton was allowed to practice, and take the team bus Friday, is an indication he is eligible. Ineligible players can do neither.

Auburn, 10-0 and No. 2 in the BCS, will win the SEC West if it beats 5-5 Georgia in the 2:30 p.m. game in Jordan-Hare Stadium.

http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2010/11/auburns_cam_newton_still_on_tr.html

Awesome.

And any second now, people should be reporting if Cam is struttin' his stuff down Tiger Walk.   

Looking good so far.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

chinook

« Reply #44 on: November 13, 2010, 01:41:35 PM »
Awesome.

And any second now, people should be reporting if Cam is struttin' his stuff down Tiger Walk.   

Looking good so far.

my sources...cam to dress as aubie.  1st drive, trotter hits the field.  time out called.  aubie runs to the field only to reveal it's cam.  or something like that. 

unless he doesn't.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

« Reply #45 on: November 13, 2010, 01:44:53 PM »
I'm feeling better about it. This seems to be a case that what we see happening says a lot. It all goes back to what Coach said, Cameron Newton is eligible to play at Auburn.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #46 on: November 13, 2010, 01:45:30 PM »
Finebaum on twitter says NCAA in Auburn THURSDAY...meaning that after the NCAA had these conversations, Cam boarded the team bus on Friday. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

« Reply #47 on: November 13, 2010, 01:57:06 PM »
Brian Mathews, I was told, says Cam just ran out onto the field in front of the student section.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #48 on: November 13, 2010, 02:08:30 PM »
Brian Mathews, I was told, says Cam just ran out onto the field in front of the student section.

I think CBS showed it. 

Cam's about to make bulldog soup.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #49 on: November 13, 2010, 02:08:54 PM »
if you were watching CBS, you'd have seen it yourself
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #50 on: November 13, 2010, 02:10:37 PM »
if you were watching CBS, you'd have seen it yourself

Was it as glorious as I'm imagining?

And I'm imagining college girls stripping naked due to uncontrollable urges to have Cam Newton's babies.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #51 on: November 13, 2010, 02:16:31 PM »
Was it as glorious as I'm imagining?

And I'm imagining college girls stripping naked due to uncontrollable urges to have Cam Newton's babies.

Based on what it says about the situation, I had to clean my laptop screen off before I could type this...it's still sticky.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

« Reply #52 on: November 13, 2010, 02:17:27 PM »
Ok, I saw it....that was nice! Cam looks zoned in like Top Gun.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #53 on: November 13, 2010, 02:47:36 PM »
Just want to weigh in and say that if Cam plays, that's Auburn telling me, as a TUF member, as an Auburn Alum, that there is no gray area.  That he's been cleared to play by the NCAA.  If, and this is a big if, we go on probation for this (Auburn knowingly playing an ineligible player), then every swinging dick in the Athletic Department needs to lose their job.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #54 on: November 13, 2010, 02:53:18 PM »
Just want to weigh in and say that if Cam plays, that's Auburn telling me, as a TUF member, as an Auburn Alum, that there is no gray area.  That he's been cleared to play by the NCAA.  If, and this is a big if, we go on probation for this (Auburn knowingly playing an ineligible player), then every swinging dick in the Athletic Department needs to lose their job.
Yup....what's greaseybammer's take on if Cam's eligible or not, that would be the tale tale sign.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

JR4AU

« Reply #55 on: November 13, 2010, 02:54:13 PM »

Auburn can't be put on probation for playing Cam if he's later determined to be ineligible.   And I don't care how much they wanted to play him, if the NCAA had told them his eligibility was in serious doubt, he'd not be playing.   The worst that happens for playing an ineligible players, is forfeiture of the games in which he plays.   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

• The guy your mother warned you about
« Reply #56 on: November 13, 2010, 03:26:38 PM »
Even if his eligibility were in question, I say play him. Shit, you're 11 games into the season at this point. Might as well take your chances, imo. Even if the NCAA told AU there might be an eligibility issue, they can't punish AU specifically for playing him against their advice.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

JR4AU

« Reply #57 on: November 13, 2010, 03:30:44 PM »
Even if his eligibility were in question, I say play him. Shit, you're 11 games into the season at this point. Might as well take your chances, imo. Even if the NCAA told AU there might be an eligibility issue, they can't punish AU specifically for playing him against their advice.

You issued a guarantee he'd be ineligible.   He's not.  The NCAA was in Auburn on Thursday.  He's playing today.  Get the fuck over it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

• The guy your mother warned you about
« Reply #58 on: November 13, 2010, 04:19:23 PM »
You issued a guarantee he'd be ineligible.   He's not.  The NCAA was in Auburn on Thursday.  He's playing today.  Get the fuck over it.
I guaranteed that if Cecil talked to MSU, Cam would be deemed ineligible. I didn't say anything about that determination happening before the UGA game.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

JR4AU

« Reply #59 on: November 13, 2010, 04:39:08 PM »
I guaranteed that if Cecil talked to MSU, Cam would be deemed ineligible. I didn't say anything about that determination happening before the UGA game.

According to Tony Barnhart, the "two recruiters" that Cecil and Cam supposedly talked to are NOT MSU coaches...meaning MSU has got problems here.   Oh, it's no illegal to ask someone who isn't a representative of MSU for money.

And, you're still not necessarily right on your guarantee.  It's not that black and white. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions