Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Cecil Admits to Discussing Under the Table Money - Sources Say

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
Re: Cecil Admits to Discussing Under the Table Money - Sources Say
« Reply #20 on: November 13, 2010, 12:45:17 AM »
We did have something good going.  I think djsimp's head might have exploded.  And he's probably drunk.

Not drunk, just fucking confuses. Its like I can't help myself. I am so caught up in this shit that I am just confusing myself. I love Auburn so much that I have disregarded myself as a object of common decency. I have dug and scraped so much through hundreds of different sources that I find myself in the midst of exhaustion. Its like I can't not help myself. I need help. Please for the love of God, lets find a resolution.

With all my insanity, I will tell you without my fucking O&B glasses on, MSU is in a world of shit and AU is in the clear, FOR NOW! I fully believe, regardless of who is right or wrong, Kenny Rogers will be the fall guy and both AU an MSU will be in the clear. This I say is a combined effort of AU, MSU and yes bama in the end. If you don't believe me then oh well, I just don't have the energy to explain myself right now.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #21 on: November 13, 2010, 12:51:21 AM »
1. Cecil fessed up to Auburn and the NCAA back in July.   

2. Since then the focus of the investigation has been on MSU and boosters...and one rogue agent.

3. Cecil has cooperated fully, and beyond. 

4. Cam will start tomorrow because of the cooperation since before the season.

5. AU is in the clear at this point.

6. MSU is fucked.

Just my opinion.  Kind of like my theory earlier.

We'll see about 230pm tomorrow.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

• The guy your mother warned you about
« Reply #22 on: November 13, 2010, 01:06:07 AM »
1. Cecil fessed up to Auburn and the NCAA back in July.   
If you're saying Cecil fessed up in July to discussing money with MSU, then AU is incredibly.....incredibly stupid for playing Cam. Sure, AU wouldn't have won as many games without him, but any number of wins is better than 0-10. Even if Cam didn't know about it, I guarantee you, if Cecil discussed money with MSU, Cam will be ineligible. No matter how much he or his dad cooperated in the investigation.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2010, 01:06:58 AM by RWS »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

« Reply #23 on: November 13, 2010, 01:27:38 AM »
If you're saying Cecil fessed up in July to discussing money with MSU, then AU is incredibly.....incredibly stupid for playing Cam. Sure, AU wouldn't have won as many games without him, but any number of wins is better than 0-10. Even if Cam didn't know about it, I guarantee you, if Cecil discussed money with MSU, Cam will be ineligible. No matter how much he or his dad cooperated in the investigation.

You're wrong. 

You're interpreting the rule the way you believe.  The problem you have is that the rule states "on the athlete's behalf", which in this case it was not, because Cam was unaware.   

Cecil took no money, has cooperated and because of this, Cam has been allowed to play.  The NCAA is more interested in smacking the bigger fish, and that's the rogue agent.

Again, let's see who starts for AU tomorrow.  It's going to say a lot.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

« Reply #24 on: November 13, 2010, 01:46:55 AM »
You're wrong. 

You're interpreting the rule the way you believe.  The problem you have is that the rule states "on the athlete's behalf", which in this case it was not, because Cam was unaware.   

Cecil took no money, has cooperated and because of this, Cam has been allowed to play.  The NCAA is more interested in smacking the bigger fish, and that's the rogue agent.

Again, let's see who starts for AU tomorrow.  It's going to say a lot.
Any immediate family member is automatically considered to be acting on the athlete's behalf. Otherwise, everybody would be soliciting money from everybody, and the easy out would be "Meh, my kid didn't know." The rule was amended in 2009 by the NCAA to make it clear the athlete himself doesn't have to have knowledge of the deal. I'm trying to find it now. Look at the Albert Means case. His coach was collecting all of the money, and supposedly, Means didn't know. That wasn't even a family member. Last I checked, we got ass raped with that.

As far as who starts for AU tomorrow, I don't see how that says anything. They've already played him to this point; what does a few more games matter?
« Last Edit: November 13, 2010, 01:56:37 AM by RWS »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #25 on: November 13, 2010, 04:41:04 AM »
Any immediate family member is automatically considered to be acting on the athlete's behalf. Otherwise, everybody would be soliciting money from everybody, and the easy out would be "Meh, my kid didn't know." The rule was amended in 2009 by the NCAA to make it clear the athlete himself doesn't have to have knowledge of the deal. I'm trying to find it now. Look at the Albert Means case. His coach was collecting all of the money, and supposedly, Means didn't know. That wasn't even a family member. Last I checked, we got ass raped with that.

As far as who starts for AU tomorrow, I don't see how that says anything. They've already played him to this point; what does a few more games matter?
Found it yet rws?

If the player has no knowledge of it, then the person, or in this case a family member, was not acting on behalf of the player.  If it was cut and dry as you're saying, then there would be no wondering of Cam was going to play, he would've been ruled ineligible before the season started...back in Jan or July.

"Cam is eligible to play at Auburn."

Now if he would've signed with MSU, we wouldn't have ever heard about the "pay-for-play"...but if would've still came out, then yes, MSU would've waited until they had the final verdict on Cam to play him.

Until some kind of new *Breaking News* comes out that Auburn had a deal with the Newton family, Auburn is in the clear....as they have been since the beginning.  "This has nothing to do with Auburn".
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #26 on: November 13, 2010, 06:30:27 AM »
"the player and both parents have demonstrated a willingness to cooperate with the NCAA, beyond even the financial records turned over by the family, and from churches Cecil Newton oversees."

The bullies just pooped their fur....MSU has A Lot of explaining to do, even after they throw Rogers under the bus.  NCAA will be digging into that program pretty deep, probably find some players that they signed that went through the Booster Chain of Command.  Wasn't there some boosters involved in their last run in with the NCAA under Jackie Sherrell?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

« Reply #27 on: November 13, 2010, 07:53:25 AM »

Have fun with your narrow mind and what BOL posters and pseudo experts tell you.   Your wrong.  I'm taking Don Jackson, Phillip Marshall and others word and interpretations over your simplistic argumentative ass.

Like I said Sister Grinder, we'll ALL just have to wait and see.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #28 on: November 13, 2010, 08:06:05 AM »

Why does every bammer try to compare this to Albert Means?

Logan Young actually DID PAY for Means on Alabama's behalf.  Correct?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Albert_Means

WHERE IS THE MONEY?????  $180,000 should be pretty easy to find.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #29 on: November 13, 2010, 08:12:06 AM »
Why does every bammer try to compare this to Albert Means?

Logan Young actually DID PAY for Means on Alabama's behalf.  Correct?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Albert_Means

WHERE IS THE MONEY?????  $180,000 should be pretty easy to find.

...and Bama knew...hence the hammer that fell on them.   Don't argue with RWS, it's pointless.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #30 on: November 13, 2010, 08:42:54 AM »
But I thought this was explained already. 

I thought the NCAA ruled that solicitation is just as bad as accepting/providing extra benefits.  And that it would be ruled as such.

surely you understand that the player would at least have to have knowledge of it  or be involved, otherwise I could send a flood of emails to every opponent we play, asking for money for their star players and get them declared ineligible.

I'm not saying what or what I don't believe happened...at this point Im very confused and conflicted....but just saying.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #31 on: November 13, 2010, 09:51:23 AM »
surely you understand that the player would at least have to have knowledge of it  or be involved, otherwise I could send a flood of emails to every opponent we play, asking for money for their star players and get them declared ineligible.

I'm not saying what or what I don't believe happened...at this point Im very confused and conflicted....but just saying.
I've already posed that scenario in an earlier thread.

What if my dumbass little brother on my official visit grabbed an assistant coach by the arm and said, "Drop $100k into my family's lap and my brother is yours"?  The assistant coach says no.  Does that mean I can't play college football at any school in the country?

What if my high school coach went around my back and told a booster that he could get me to sign at a school if the price was right?  The booster says no or the coaches find out and stop recruiting me.  I then, for free and with no illegal practices from my coach, sign at a different school.  Should I, one who did absolutely nothing wrong, be punished along with that institution? 

If what RWS says is true and if Stacy WhateverHerNameWas was stating correctly, then the NCAA rule regarding solicitation is full of holes and could be easily taken advantage of.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

JR4AU

« Reply #32 on: November 13, 2010, 09:56:38 AM »
I've already posed that scenario in an earlier thread.

What if my dumbass little brother on my official visit grabbed an assistant coach by the arm and said, "Drop $100k into my family's lap and my brother is yours"?  The assistant coach says no.  Does that mean I can't play college football at any school in the country?

What if my high school coach went around my back and told a booster that he could get me to sign at a school if the price was right?  The booster says no or the coaches find out and stop recruiting me.  I then, for free and with no illegal practices from my coach, sign at a different school.  Should I, one who did absolutely nothing wrong, be punished along with that institution? 

If what RWS says is true and if Stacy WhateverHerNameWas was stating correctly, then the NCAA rule regarding solicitation is full of holes and could be easily taken advantage of.

Their rule is the rule...of course it's illegal.  How they police and enforce it when no money actually changes hands is certainly far different than if money does change hands. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #33 on: November 13, 2010, 10:02:24 AM »
So in this thread, we have all still agreed that RWS is still, in fact, a dumb ass homer...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

auburnredwing

• The Resident Mexican
« Reply #34 on: November 13, 2010, 10:06:17 AM »
So in this thread, we have all still agreed that RWS is still, in fact, a dumb ass homer...
And still doesn't know how to find bryant-denny stadium
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

« Reply #35 on: November 13, 2010, 10:10:24 AM »
I guarantee you, if Cecil talked about cash for Cam with MSU, Cam will be ineligible. Call me a homer or whatever you want, but as Chop said, we will just have to see. Why do you think there is even a question about his eligibility at this point?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #36 on: November 13, 2010, 10:18:25 AM »
I guarantee you, if Cecil talked about cash for Cam with MSU, Cam will be ineligible. Call me a homer or whatever you want, but as Chop said, we will just have to see. Why do you think there is even a question about his eligibility at this point?

Because, it is.  You've not being paying attention if you think it's black and white.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Token

« Reply #37 on: November 13, 2010, 10:27:33 AM »
And for the record, we still have no factual proof that Cecil has admitted to anything.  Still through sources right now.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #38 on: November 13, 2010, 10:37:24 AM »
RWS, your hopes and dreams may come true, but it's not as clear cut as Cecil asked someone for money = Cam ineligible to play college football.

It matters that no money changed hands.

It matters if Cam had played for the school where money was solicited.

It matters that Auburn has clean hands.

It matters that Cam has clean hands.

And only to bammers, and probably uggers today is it so black and white...also seems to be of great interest to some Ark folks I talk to in other places who really want Cam declared ineligible, but most don't see it that way.  Donald Jackson said as much yesterday on Finebaum, as does this guy:

http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2010/11/hot_corner_mississippi_state_i.html
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #39 on: November 13, 2010, 10:39:34 AM »

ooh ooh me me, I know...

Because the media, Alabama fans, Miss.St people, UF people, and all the other haters want there to be questions...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions