Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Thoughts - Week 7

Thoughts - Week 7
« on: October 17, 2010, 09:06:22 AM »
Before we begin, we need to discuss an established problem that plagues the SEC. 

The Officiating...

- I'm an Auburn fan, but I'll be the first to admit that a few of our touchdowns were total bullshit.  The replay officials must have been blind or must have been so obsessed with the "conclusive evidence" rule that they were unwilling to overturn two calls on the field that went Auburn's way. 

- But before rival fans jump up and down and say "Auburn won THIS game because of bad calls," the officials have helped numerous teams over the years win football games when it may have been possible for them to lose. 

- Bad celebration calls.  Bad fumble calls (who signaled touchdown when Fannin apparently fumbled going into the endzone?).  Bad pass interference calls.  Bad late hit calls.  These bad calls happen enough that I believe it's time to take a big roll of toilet paper and wipe the shit stains off of the SEC asshole. 

- Why not start over?  Why not open up a few jobs and offer a little more money and snag a few refs from other conferences?  Or better yet, why not increase the standards required to be an SEC official? 

- I, for one, am tired of seeing horrendous officiating in the premier league of college football.  It's either time to get rid of Penn Wagers or open up the replay booth to review penalties and also give them the power to overturn a call based on common sense.  It may not have been conclusive that Mario Fannin fumbled before the endzone, but it sure as hell wasn't conclusive that he crossed the goal line.  For that play, I'm sorry Arkansas for the bullshit. 

Auburn...

- But we still kicked your ass offensively.  Auburn's offense continues to churn out huge numbers led by superfreak Cam Newton.  I love it.  I love that it's a high school offense that works in the SEC.  I love that we look like the 6A school playing a 3A school on homecoming every week. 

-  I love that we play "All I Do is Win" before games and then actually live up to the theme of the song.  We don't necessarily dominate in games, but we make damn sure we win.  We fight to make sure we make just a few more plays than the other team to win the football game.  This reminds me of the 2002 Ohio State Buckeyes.  They fought just hard enough to win every game - albeit, it was a defensive slugfest each week - and they clawed their way to a national championship. 

- On to a serious note, the defense needs help.  I know this is a "duh" statement, but our defense is seemingly getting worse.  We're now going to be dealing with a few injuries in the secondary.  I expect to see 350+ passing yards from here on out against us including UT Chattanooga.  This is not going to be an easy end to the season.

- LSU, Ole Miss, UT-C, UGA, and Bama.  And they're all going to be gunning for us.  We're no longer the underdog.  In fact, we're the big dog.  This is going to be a real Amen Corner experience. 

Arkansas...

- This is a tough break because Arkansas did just about everything right.  Cam Newton simply was too good to be stopped, so Arkansas had to go on the offensive with a 2nd string quarterback.

- The guy was phenomenal.  Great reads.  Perfect throws.  He really put his team in a position to win, but the defense just couldn't hold up.  At the end, his inexperience cost his team the game, but it was still a valiant effort for a guy that was thrown into the fire. 

- I thought this year was the year for Arkansas, but with this kid taking over next year, Arkansas will be just as good without Mallett. 

South Carolina...

- I think you could see it on Spurrier's face after the game.  I think you could see, "Well, this is still the South Carolina program, and we'll always suck" projecting from his eyes. 

- Spurrier pulled a Les Miles.  But before we laugh and point fingers, we must ask, "Why would Steve Spurrier, one of the most sound coaches in history, pull a Les Miles?" 

- South Carolina has a history of losing.  They also have a history of almost turning the corner and then losing anyway.  History was staring Spurrier in the face.  He had to kick history's ass.  Kentucky had the momentum.  South Carolina might not have even made the field goal.  Overtime would have been tough to win because Cobb and Locke and Hartline were all on their game.  So he went for the homerun ball hoping he'd have a few seconds left to kick the field goal if needed.  But the pass was intercepted and South Carolina lost.  You ask, "Why did this happen?"

- Because it's South Carolina and this is their history.  They're the low country for a reason. 

- So who actually wants to win the East?  South Carolina is still in the driver's seat, but they have to play Arkansas and Florida.  And if Arkansas beats South Carolina and if South Carolina beats Florida and Kentucky beats Georgia and the rest of the games go the way they should, then you'll have...

- Kentucky in the SECCG. 

Florida...

- You suck.  HAHAHAHAHA. 

Alabama...

- Ho-hum.  Mediocre.  Typical. 

- I even fell asleep through some of this game.  Alabama's games are almost scripted this year.  Ingram and Richardson get stuffed.  McElwain tries to put the game on McElroy's shoulders.  McElory and Co are JUST good enough to score a few points on an overmatched defense.  Bama's defense makes big plays to ensure a victory.

- It's the Sabam formula.  A dominating defense and a "don't screw it up" offense. 

- I am underwhelmed at McElwain's play calling.  It is becoming a bit predictable, but more so, the strategy just seems off.  It might not have been very obvious last night, but the way Ole Miss's offense was playing, Alabama should have had 35 points in the first half. 

Ole Miss...
- I guess this is what Ole Miss will always be.  Horrible.  Houston Nutt needs to retire and then come back in a few years at a school like Wyoming.  That was some of the worst play calling I've ever seen, and their offense looked like they had never played in a game before. 

Georgia...

- So NOW you decide to be a good football team.  Well I hope this recent streak of dominating performances ends well before November 13th. 

Oklahoma State/Michigan State...

- Undefeated.  Ranked #20.  /  Undefeated.  Ranked #13.  Why aren't they ranked higher?  Tradition and performance from last year.  You can formulate your own opinion on that one.

Ohio State...

- This, Ohio State, is why I've been so critical about your schedule.  Playing cupcakes does not prepare you for the tough games required to win a national championship.  I'll forgive you for Miami being mediocre, but these patsy teams you've played have actually be detrimental to your championship run despite you winning them. 

- Wisconsin hit you in the mouth, and it was the first time this season you had been hit in the mouth.  You're the spoiled rich girl who doesn't understand a lick about hard work.  You're handed top rankings every year.  You're glorified and fawned over by all the media gurus.  You read about how great you are in the papers after defeating "tough" conference foes like Indiana.  You're automatically vaulted to #1 despite having nothing but the name Ohio State to back up the ranking. 

- And then you got hit in the mouth.  And then you lost. 

USC...

- Well, with the way this season has gone, we need to start learning USC's cheers. 

- I believe we will get left out of the national championship if we go undefeated.  I just can't shake that ominous feeling that the voters are either A) Stupid or B) Bama fans. 

- Therefore, I want all of the teams in front of us to lose.  Ohio State lost.  Nebraska lost.  Now we need Oregon and Oklahoma to lose. 

- In two weeks, Oregon will travel to the Coliseum.  Fight On. 

LSU...

- "We, uh, you see, Jordan Jefferson is a damn fine, uh, I mean, what I mean is, you see, we were looking ahead, not against McNeese St, but when we finished with Florida, we, um, looked ahead to Auburn, because we, uh, you see these guys are, this quarterback, like Jordan, uh, is really good, and we, uh, Gary and I, we had to look ahead to, uh, getting these men, our boys, inspired to beat Auburn." 

Nebraska...

- Overrated much?  Taylor Martinez the greatest since Frazier?  The Black Shirt Defense is back?  Revenge against Texas?  What was that you were saying?

My Wet Dream...

- We go undefeated.  Beat Bama.  Win the SEC.  Head to Glendale and find Boise State waiting on us.  That would make me happy. 

Rankings...

- I heard the guys on CBS talking before the game, and one of the dipshits said something along the lines of, "Well, Oklahoma, Ohio State, and Oregon were all ranked ahead of Auburn in the preseason polls, so that's just the way it is." 

- This is why college football is walking a very thin line.  It's very close to being laughed out of the sports world, and it just so happens that every year, a few upsets happen to keep it relevant. 

- Imagine a world where the NFL playoffs have three tournament brackets.  At the end of the three weeks of playoffs, there are three teams leftover.  Two of them are chosen to play in the Super Bowl and one goes home. 

- Imagine a world where after the Elite 8 in the NCAA basketball tournament, 1 team gets a bye week, two teams play in an elimination game, and 1 team goes home.  Why?  Because the tournament committee deliberated and determined that 1 team was good enough to get rest for the championship and 1 wasn't worthy of even being there. 

- That's the college football world.  If Oklahoma, Oregon, Boise State, TCU, Michigan State, and Auburn all go undefeated, who do you leave out?  And when you leave a team out, what reason do you give for leaving them out? 

- Let's look at the possible reasons:

1.  Oklahoma - Oklahoma defeated a weak Texas team and struggled against a weak nonconference opponent, Utah State.  Sure they went on to defeat Missouri @Missouri and defeated Oklahoma State in Stillwater and won the Big 12 championship against Nebraska, but they didn't do enough to impress the voters to be one of the two teams in Glendale.  And they really needed to impress the voters because we all know how Oklahoma performs in BCS games.  They lose.  They lost BCS games the last few years, so we know that's what will happen this year.

2.  Oregon - Oregon plays in the PAC 10, which really isn't as competitive as the SEC or the Big 12.  With USC being on probation, that win isn't as impressive as it once was.  Their nonconference has left a lot to be desired as they only played New Mexico and Portland State.  Tennessee, even though Oregon had no control over this, is horrible and should not be taken into consideration.

3.  Boise State - Boise State, despite being undefeated, despite defeating good BCS opponents, despite winning every non conference game since playing Georgia in 2006, doesn't deserve to play in the BCSCG.  They play in a weak conference, and despite blowing out every one of those teams, they haven't done enough to impress the voters.

4.  TCU - TCU is the odd man out.  We aren't going to vote two mid-major teams into the BCSCG - money and tradition purposes - and Boise State began the season ranked higher than TCU.  Why?  Because Boise State won the Fiesta Bowl last year against TCU, and we all know that what happened last year directly influences what happens this year.

5.  Michigan State - They started ranked outside of the top 15.  They don't play Ohio State.  They needed trickery to beat Notre Dame.  They aren't Michigan. 

6.  Auburn - Despite winning the SEC and beating four teams once ranked in the Top Ten and beating the defending national champion in their home stadium and having the Heisman Trophy winner, Auburn started ranked too low.  Preseason polls gets them again.  Maybe if they didn't have a non conference slate of UT-Chattanooga, Arkansas State, and LA Monroe, they would have impressed the voters just enough to get to Glendale. 

- You tell me which one of these is a logical explanation for leaving a team out of the national championship game, and I'll start defending the polls for the rest of the season. 

- Here's what I propose:

- The FBS is too big.  120 teams?  There's no way to determine who is truly the best team.  So here's what you do:

-  You narrow the FBS to 60 teams.  6 conferences.  10 teams per conference.  Conference champions are automatic qualifiers for the playoffs.  You can still use a ranking system to determine who the two at-large teams are.  Now you have a playoff similar to the NFL. 

- What would also make college football better is to eliminate the national championship.  Just turn the bowl games into a war of conferences and rotate the schedule each year.  "This year, the Pac 10 will square off against the SEC.  Who will represent who in the bowl games this year?"

Final Thought...

- Auburn vs. LSU.  For all the marbles.  Until they both play Bama...

- Auburn's 65 point scorin' offense versus LSU's NFL-ready defense.  LSU's peewee level offense versus Auburn's powder puff defense. 
« Last Edit: October 17, 2010, 09:17:31 AM by Townhallsavoy »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

JR4AU

Re: Thoughts - Week 7
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2010, 11:03:25 AM »
The officiating:  Can't dispute anything you said, but I can give a slightly different take on it.  Like police, everybody has a front row, Hi-Def., slow motion replay, and all the time they need to look at calls the refs have to make in a split second.  And as you can see on the 2 fumble calls, even cameras with fortyeleven different angles that the refs did have, you can't 100% conclusively say they missed them.  Yeah, I think they probably did, but it's possible that one of those little leather dimples on the football broke the plane of the goal line on Fannin's goal line carry, and it's possible that the Ark player began losing control of the ball before his knee hit, and it's possible his knee was on top of an Auburn player's hand or arm when we thought it was on the ground.  Again, I believe they were missed calls, but honestly have to say: "Bout damn time some of those went our way.   Yes some of the late hit calls are horrible this year, and there's always going to be questions on judgment type calls on pass interference and such.

Next question is: Do you really think there's anybody that can do any better?  How do you make them better?  You can't slow the game down any more than replay does, nor give the refs any more angles to look at than replay, or in better visual quality, and even it's not perfect.

I agree, it's not good often, and sometimes horrible...I just don't have a real solution...by real I mean one that can be logically billed as "will have a reasonable chance to be better than what we have now", and I don't really subscribe to the thinking of "since it's bad, lets just fire and replace people to see if that will change it.  I realize there are those that think that way, and can't say they're wrong, just that I don't believe that. 

Auburn:  Here's the bottom line...As long as Cam remains healthy...Auburn is in every game with a chance to win, as long as time is on the clock.  I don't think they felt this way, or knew it until the USCe game, but this offense believes that if the other team gets ahead, we simply go out there and take the lead right back...simple as that.  They believe it, and to date, have done just that.  This is a far different team offensively than weeks 1-3.  Auburn is improving on offense each week.   And Malzahn has really and truly done some very good things in the run game.  This isn't simply snap it to Cam and let him make a play football.  The thing that is so good about this, is that we're going back to some of the most basic old school football there is...the single wing.  No, we're not running that, but it's all over our offense.  Most offenses use the QB to simply distribute the ball.  That gives the defense a 1 man advantage on every snap.  When the QB is a run threat, it tilts that advantage back towards level.  When you make him basically the tailback, then you tilt that advantage back to 100% level.  When you do things like we're doing, you make it so that Auburn can create a man advantage at the point of attack.  In other offenses this is done with pulling OL.  And that takes time.  Auburn can do it with an H-back now, or can still pull OL and overwhelm the defense at the point of attack.  Then there's the whole "read option element" to the offense where you simply make them wrong no matter what they do.  And when a defense unbalances itself to regain the advantage at the point of attack, well they've played right in to your hands.     It's simple, old school football at it's best, and yes, it's run with a monster that is as big as DEs, and faster than most DBs.  And, AND, yet, he maintains a 65%ish passing avg, and when we do throw the ball, it's often for a big play.  Oh, and for all the mouthy bammers I heard in the off season talking about how "Kodi was supposed to be all that too"....FUCK YOU!  I never in my wildest dreams believed Cam would be great, let alone this great, but FUCK YOU! 

The defense: Damn.  They suck...we knew they did.  I don't think they're getting worse, they got gashed by a team I thought would gash them anyway.  I know we had an injury yesterday, and don't know the extent of it...if we do lose what experience we have, they will get worse.  Fact is, they were never good.  Are we going to make LSU's pathetic duo look like Heisman Hopefuls?  Probably so...

And you can bet that LSU will come calling with bad intentions this next week.  They're going to be there to hit us, and hit us hard...Cam especially. 

War Damn Eagle.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2010, 11:54:54 AM »
"The defense: Damn.  They suck...we knew they did.  I don't think they're getting worse, they got gashed by a team I thought would gash them anyway.  I know we had an injury yesterday, and don't know the extent of it...if we do lose what experience we have, they will get worse.  Fact is, they were never good.  Are we going to make LSU's pathetic duo look like Heisman Hopefuls?  Probably so..."

I agree, the defense isn't getting worse. But if it's offense that ails you, we can heal your affliction in just sixty easy minutes. It's just adventurous, that's all I can say. Sure we make some stops in the fourth quarter so we might as well go to "prevent" after the half so we can get those turnovers earlier and Malzahn can get the ball back and run 20 or 25 more plays per game.

Our offense gets FG's when Cam gets too winded. I don't think Gus has a remedy for that. A healthy Dyer between the tackles can offset that though.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2010, 12:10:22 PM »

Our offense gets FG's when Cam gets too winded. I don't think Gus has a remedy for that. A healthy Dyer between the tackles can offset that though.

If Fannin could be trusted with the ball, this offense would never fail to score.  He has great receiving hands for a back, the speed of McCaleb, and the size and power to run between the tackles.  If he didn't put the ball on the ground once every 10 touches, he'd be a beast too.  IF...IF...It would be a 2 headed monster that would make Ronnie and Carnell look like Pop Warner level back ups. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2010, 12:19:25 PM »
Good read THS! Out of all the games this weekend, the AU/Ark game had to be the most intriguing. It sucks though that in this heavyweight fight, there is this thing with the referees. Arkansas, in my opinion, got the shaft on the Fannin TD, but I do think it was the right call on the fumble that Zac took to the house. Along with several shitty calls, this has to be one of the worst officiating jobs this year. What makes it worse is that this has been a common circumstance each week this year. I for one think that the refs have too much control in the game. This at times overwhelms them and they have more to try and balance making for more possibilities of mistakes.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2010, 12:45:29 PM »
If Fannin could be trusted with the ball, this offense would never fail to score.  He has great receiving hands for a back, the speed of McCaleb, and the size and power to run between the tackles.  If he didn't put the ball on the ground once every 10 touches, he'd be a beast too.  IF...IF...It would be a 2 headed monster that would make Ronnie and Carnell look like Pop Warner level back ups.
You said it JR. If there were more confidence in Fannin the offense could run to it's peak level. This is unpopular, but the guy has all of the tools and is a pro prospect. And each time he puts the ball on the ground it costs him money and hinders his draft status. Rest assured someone is keeping score, that's the reality!

And someone please move Bates back to SS where he can at least get a running start. Play the frosh at LB, we can do no worse in coverage or missed tackles and we might get more tipped balls, fumbles and devastating crashes.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2010, 12:47:43 PM »
And someone please move Bates back to SS where he can at least get a running start. Play the frosh at LB, we can do no worse in coverage or missed tackles and we might get more tipped balls, fumbles and devastating crashes.

I kinda like this idea.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2010, 03:04:11 PM »
Our defense sucks plain and simple. I would like to have seen at least some improvement from last year, but it seems to be getting worse instead of better. I am still not sure if it is all Roof's fault because I am beginning to believe the talent in our secondary just is not that good, so we have to blame CTT and his staff for that. However a good coach should be able to make those players at least a little better and I am not seeing it.

They only way we win out is if our offense does not have an off day. They have to play like the did yesterday every game for us to have a chance. They just have to score a lot of points, more than the other side's offense is capable of scoring. That is way too much pressure to put on our offense, so I am afraid they will have an off day against a good team and we will get beat, just hopefully not embarrassed.

Fannin...ugggghhhh! How can a guy that has such good hands catching the ball out of the back field have such a problem holding on to the ball when he is running with it? That "fumble" yesterday was really inexcusable as he was on the goal line and should have been protecting the ball even more than normal, but instead some guy pops his fist in there and knocks it out. He would not have gotten another carry after that. I know Dyer was hurt, but McCalebb seemed just fine.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2010, 03:42:34 PM »
Our defense sucks plain and simple. I would like to have seen at least some improvement from last year, but it seems to be getting worse instead of better. I am still not sure if it is all Roof's fault because I am beginning to believe the talent in our secondary just is not that good, so we have to blame CTT and his staff for that. However a good coach should be able to make those players at least a little better and I am not seeing it.

They only way we win out is if our offense does not have an off day. They have to play like the did yesterday every game for us to have a chance. They just have to score a lot of points, more than the other side's offense is capable of scoring. That is way too much pressure to put on our offense, so I am afraid they will have an off day against a good team and we will get beat, just hopefully not embarrassed.

Fannin...ugggghhhh! How can a guy that has such good hands catching the ball out of the back field have such a problem holding on to the ball when he is running with it? That "fumble" yesterday was really inexcusable as he was on the goal line and should have been protecting the ball even more than normal, but instead some guy pops his fist in there and knocks it out. He would not have gotten another carry after that. I know Dyer was hurt, but McCalebb seemed just fine.
I think come money time, most everyone knows who keeps the ball. Mario will still get his touches, same for the rest, it's just that removing that possibility inhibits the choices as an option the team should be able to count on in crunch time. But hey Mario might be the MVP of next weeks game. He certainly has it in him.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2010, 05:06:09 PM »
Officiating:
Broderick Green fumble...I must be the smartest mutha fucka in the World, because apparently I'm the only person that saw Craig Stevens left hand/arm underneath Green's knee.  That means his knee never made contact with the ground.

Anyone that DVRed it, go back and watch, you'll see where I'm right once again.

As for the Fannin TD, it wasn't a TD, the ball never crossed or touched the white line and there wasn't a TD call on the field by any ref.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

jmar

« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2010, 05:23:16 PM »
Officiating:
Broderick Green fumble...I must be the smartest mutha phuka in the World, because apparently I'm the only person that saw Craig Stevens left hand/arm underneath Green's knee.  That means his knee never made contact with the ground.

As for the Fannin TD, it wasn't a TD, the ball never crossed or touched the white line and there wasn't a TD call on the field by any ref.
I'm as pissed about the disruption of the flow of the game just from the standpoint as a fan. They miss calls but they need to let the teams play so they will not have that payback syndrome on their minds when they do miss one. Call the proceedures,  the flagrant personals and the obvious holds but let them play.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #11 on: October 17, 2010, 05:32:22 PM »
Officiating:
Broderick Green fumble...I must be the smartest mutha fucka in the World, because apparently I'm the only person that saw Craig Stevens left hand/arm underneath Green's knee.  That means his knee never made contact with the ground.

No, Prowler.  Everyone else noticed it.

However, it wasn't conclusive that the hand was covering the entire part of the knee.  If any part of his leg was on the ground, it would have been ruled down. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #12 on: October 17, 2010, 05:46:24 PM »
I know the response will be that I'm being a homer, but I think both of those were the right call. More questionable with the TD, but I still think it was in.

If anything, I think the bullshit PI and roughing the passer were worse calls than the two that went our way.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #13 on: October 17, 2010, 05:49:37 PM »
The way I see it, there were bad calls on both sides of the ball.  That PI gave them 1st and goal on the one, and they scored.  Otherwise that was a 4th down.  As far as I am concerned that evens out the TD that wasn't. Besides the game wasn't determined by 7 points. 

The other fumble that Ethridge scored on was too close to call.  The play on the field was a fumble, I don't think there was anything to overturn either way. 

Bottom line the refs did not give us that game, we took it despite the lack of our defense.

This just in, Neiko Thorpe just got burned by my Nephew in our back yard.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #14 on: October 17, 2010, 06:40:14 PM »
I know the response will be that I'm being a homer, but I think both of those were the right call. More questionable with the TD, but I still think it was in.

If anything, I think the bullshit PI and roughing the passer were worse calls than the two that went our way.
I definitely agree, the PI call was a whore shit call.  I want to know why Arkansas' PI on Auburn in the endzone, at the end of the 1st half, wasn't 1st and Goal at the 2?  Both of the flags were thrown in the endzone, I figure the officials called it a PI where they threw the flags. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

« Reply #15 on: October 17, 2010, 06:47:33 PM »

My Wet Dream...

- We go undefeated.  Beat Bama.  Win the SEC.  Head to Glendale and find Boise State waiting on us.  That would make me happy. 

As many passing yards as Auburn's defense gives up, I don't think Boise would be my first pick If I were you.  They probably can't stop Cam Newton, but they can put up some points.  I think I'd set my sights on Oklahoma.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #16 on: October 17, 2010, 07:22:26 PM »
     As many passing yards as Auburn's defense gives up, I don't think Boise would be my first pick If I were you.  They probably can't stop Cam Newton, but they can put up some points.  I think I'd set my sights on Oklahoma.

There would be something sweet about that, if it was to happen, considering 2004.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

boartitz

« Reply #17 on: October 17, 2010, 07:31:04 PM »
- I thought this year was the year for Arkansas, but with this kid taking over next year, Arkansas will be just as good without Mallett. 
If Mallett leaves, Wilson may not start next year. Mallett may not leave, depending on if the NFL is locked out next year.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #18 on: October 17, 2010, 07:46:02 PM »
If Mallett leaves, Wilson may not start next year. Mallett may not leave, depending on if the NFL is locked out next year.

Rolling 5 deep at QB baby!

You are so full of shit. Wilson looked like a bad ass. You are saying that he would not be the best QB on the team next year? Or are you going to give it to the guy that Petrino "has ranked higher on his board" than Frazier this year?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

boartitz

« Reply #19 on: October 17, 2010, 09:02:50 PM »
Rolling 5 deep at QB baby!

You are so full of shit. Wilson looked like a bad ass. You are saying that he would not be the best QB on the team next year? Or are you going to give it to the guy that Petrino "has ranked higher on his board" than Frazier this year?
Jacoby Walker had a better spring than Wilson before he was injured in our Red/White game. He would have been the #2 QB going into the season.
We're only 4 deep at QB. One of them is a Cam Newton clone.
Wilson is smart. He only recently learned to take snaps from under center. He was in a shotgun/spread system all through high school.
Walker and Brandon Mitchell are studs. I will be surprised if Wilson wins the starting job next year if Mallett leaves early.
I'm full of shit, but not about this.
I'm pretty sure Allen will redshirt his first year.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2010, 09:04:11 PM by boartitz »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions