Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Thoughts - Week 7

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
Re: Thoughts - Week 7
« Reply #20 on: October 17, 2010, 09:04:44 PM »
Jacoby Walker had a better spring than Wilson before he was injured in our Red/White game. He would have been the #2 QB going into the season.
We're only 4 deep at QB. One of them is a Cam Newton clone.
Wilson is smart. He only recently learned to take snaps from under center. He was in a shotgun/spread system all through high school.
Walker and Brandon Mitchell are studs. I will be surprised if Wilson wins the starting job next year if Mallett leaves early.
I'm full of shit, but not about this.

I make a motion that we move ya'll to the East and let USC come to the West.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

boartitz

« Reply #21 on: October 17, 2010, 09:06:11 PM »
I'll go for that. We might have a better chance over there.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #22 on: October 17, 2010, 09:08:48 PM »
Jacoby Walker had a better spring than Wilson before he was injured in our Red/White game. He would have been the #2 QB going into the season.
Wilson is smart. He only recently learned to take snaps from under center. He was in a shotgun/spread system all through high school.
Walker and Brandon Mitchell are studs. I will be surprised if Wilson wins the starting job next year if Mallett leaves early.
I'm full of poop, but not about this.
I'm pretty sure Allen will redshirt his first year.
Yeah but the game experience gives Wilson a significant jump on the competition.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #23 on: October 17, 2010, 09:14:21 PM »

But geographically that doesn't make sense...its all about a map.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

jmar

« Reply #24 on: October 17, 2010, 09:17:54 PM »
But geographically that doesn't make sense...its all about a map.
Don't get him started on that SWC thing.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #25 on: October 17, 2010, 09:27:51 PM »
I'm full of shit, but not about this.
I'm pretty sure Allen will redshirt his first year.

Whoever it is, when will Petrino be able to better Nutt...hell at least Nutt had Auburn's number. 

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

boartitz

« Reply #26 on: October 17, 2010, 09:29:39 PM »
Yeah but the game experience gives Wilson a significant jump on the competition.
Wilson has maybe played one game's worth in a year and a half. He did a helluva job yesterday, no doubt. If he would have gotten hurt, there is no doubt that Mitchell could have done the same thing. Petrino is a QB coach.
After the clusterfuck of the last regime, it's a nice feeling to know you have capable backups at the main position.
Yall are probably not familiar with our season opener with UNLV when Nutt was our coach. We played 4 QBs in that one game with little or no success. Matt Jones was left on the bench and did not get to play.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

boartitz

« Reply #27 on: October 17, 2010, 09:33:08 PM »
Whoever it is, when will Petrino be able to better Nutt...hell at least Nutt had Auburn's number.
I'm hoping Saturday. Petrino had yall's number until yesterday. Maybe what goes around comes around.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #28 on: October 17, 2010, 09:36:35 PM »
I'm hoping Saturday. Petrino had yall's number until yesterday. Maybe what goes around comes around.

Petrino had our number for like one year correct?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #29 on: October 17, 2010, 09:37:25 PM »

...?  You know that Petrino is 2-1 against Auburn, right? 

Are you asking when he'll beat Nutt head to head?  In that case, the answer is "in about six days". 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

boartitz

« Reply #30 on: October 17, 2010, 09:40:22 PM »
I don't think Nutt beat yall at a .666 (devil's number) rate.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #31 on: October 17, 2010, 09:41:19 PM »

Are you asking when he'll beat Nutt head to head?  In that case, the answer is "in about six days".

It better damn well happen. I would much rather see Petrino beat the shit outta Nutt then have that douchebag have something to celebrate about.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #32 on: October 17, 2010, 09:42:38 PM »

No, asking when he'll do better than Nutt at Ark.  When is Petrino the genius going to have a better record than Nutt the moron?  When will he win the SECC?  If he can't do it with a guy like Mallet...when will he do it? 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #33 on: October 17, 2010, 09:45:30 PM »
I don't think Nutt beat yall at a .666 (devil's number) rate.

Get serious...2-1 in 3 games vs one team is meaningless....body of work.  I don't care which individual team he's beaten once or twice.  And you damn well know what I mean.   I said it before, I'll say it again...BEST Petrino does is a trip to Atl...leaves with no trophy, and in the end, no better than Nutt the moron.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

boartitz

« Reply #34 on: October 17, 2010, 09:57:00 PM »
Get serious...2-1 in 3 games vs one team is meaningless....body of work.  I don't care which individual team he's beaten once or twice.  And you damn well know what I mean.   I said it before, I'll say it again...BEST Petrino does is a trip to Atl...leaves with no trophy, and in the end, no better than Nutt the moron.
If Petrino stays at Arkansas for 10 years, he will beat the fuck out of Nutt's win/loss percentage. We won't have any of that 4-7 shit once he gets his team set. I look for us to be a consistent 8-9 win team from here on out. I can't believe we will have any losing seasons like Nutt had.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #35 on: October 17, 2010, 10:02:01 PM »
If Petrino stays at Arkansas for 10 years, he will beat the fuck out of Nutt's win/loss percentage. We won't have any of that 4-7 shit once he gets his team set. I look for us to be a consistent 8-9 win team from here on out. I can't believe we will have any losing seasons like Nutt had.

Well, I suppose "not having a losing season" would better Nutt.  Pretty low standard for excellence though.  Nutt had a trip to Atl for every losing season too.   Can Petrino do that?  It's year 3 now by the way.  Unless there's a MAJOR shake up, it won't be this year. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #36 on: October 17, 2010, 10:05:03 PM »
If Petrino stays at Arkansas for 10 years, he will beat the phuk out of Nutt's win/loss percentage. We won't have any of that 4-7 poop once he gets his team set. I look for us to be a consistent 8-9 win team from here on out. I can't believe we will have any losing seasons like Nutt had.
JR knows offense. No way he believes Nutt is on par with Bobby. Nutt can get talent, but he is an offensive graveyard. He's phukin with you.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #37 on: October 17, 2010, 10:08:15 PM »
JR knows offense. No way he believes Nutt is on par with Bobby. Nutt can get talent, but he is an offensive graveyard. He's phukin with you.

I don't give a shit who is a better OC. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #38 on: October 17, 2010, 10:12:53 PM »
I don't give a poop who is a better OC.
That would be Gus Malzahn.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #39 on: October 17, 2010, 10:14:25 PM »

Course Nutt went 9-3 and Tied for 1st in the West his first year, but no credit to Nutt, those were Ford's players...that he went 8-14 with the previous two years.  And of course, Nutt gets the blame for Petrino's 5-7 first year, even though Nutt went 18-8 the previous 2 years. 

Funny, when you hate a coach, how you can find a way to attribute EVERYTHING bad to him, and credit him with nothing. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions