Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Slow Day: Sporting News Interviews Saban

JR4AU

Re: Slow Day: Sporting News Interviews Saban
« Reply #220 on: June 30, 2010, 03:05:48 PM »
When the SEC accepted us for membership we were on equal footing with the top tiered programs. We still are. Our coaching debacles have been our main hindrance in the football sucess arena so far.
I think we have that problem resolved as of now.
Thanks for your concern.
Someone has to challenge Alabama for all the aigs and yall ain't getting it done.
:haha:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

boartitz

« Reply #221 on: June 30, 2010, 03:49:21 PM »
:haha:
You laughing at me or the statement or bof? Yall ain't pulling much weight either here lately.
I'm dronk early. The neighbors are having some kind of pool party.
I yanked a 100 watt tube amp and a 4x12 cab and an LP out in the back yard. I'm knocking them up some smoke/surf on the water. I promise it is rippling their pool. Them little rednecks will have an earache one way or the other.
I saw one with some purple and gold shit. Maybe he can't swim so well.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #222 on: June 30, 2010, 03:55:04 PM »
You laughing at me or the statement or bof? Yall ain't pulling much weight either here lately.
I'm dronk early. The neighbors are having some kind of pool party.
I yanked a 100 watt tube amp and a 4x12 cab and an LP out in the back yard. I'm knocking them up some smoke/surf on the water. I promise it is rippling their pool. Them little rednecks will have an earache one way or the other.
I saw one with some purple and gold shit. Maybe he can't swim so well.

Enjoy!  A Daisy Red Rider might be fun in this instance too. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

boartitz

« Reply #223 on: June 30, 2010, 04:09:54 PM »
Enjoy!  A Daisy Red Rider might be fun in this instance too. 
I'm thinking about getting the spouse to brang me some Baby Ruths when she gets off work. I'm not leaving the stomp and Baby's look swell in a pool full of kiddies. I can hit the pool with one from my backyard.
My neighbor is a coonass, fuck him.
I need a pallet of rootbeer fizzies.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #224 on: June 30, 2010, 05:08:06 PM »
You had me at
We still going to the leg humpers this year?

It is on. (I don't actually have the tickets yet, but they're on order.)  Just working on finding a dog sitter.  I am not crazy about the 11:00 am kickoff, but at least we can get somewhere in time to watch the Auburn-Clemson game afterwards.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
« Reply #225 on: June 30, 2010, 06:08:48 PM »
     It is on. (I don't actually have the tickets yet, but they're on order.)  Just working on finding a dog sitter.  I am not crazy about the 11:00 am kickoff, but at least we can get somewhere in time to watch the Auburn-Clemson game afterwards.
Sani, you are bailing on the Auburn - Clemson game o watch Arkansas - Alabama?  Don't get me wrong, I pray with everything inside me that Arkansas wins, but that will be a good game for us at home.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Redskins cornerback DeAngelo Hall said, "Guys don't mind hitting Michael Vick in the open field, but when you see Cam, you have to think about how you're going to tackle him. He's like a big tight end coming at you."

« Reply #226 on: June 30, 2010, 11:07:58 PM »
Sani, you are bailing on the Auburn - Clemson game o watch Arkansas - Alabama?  Don't get me wrong, I pray with everything inside me that Arkansas wins, but that will be a good game for us at home.

Actually, It's Arkansas-Georgia. We're going to have a grand ole time, got about ten people going.  A couple Ga fans, a S. Carolina fan, a Puerto Rican or two, and a couple bull-dykes that used to play softball for Ga Tech.  One of the Puerto Ricans has a big crush on Whitney, it will be fun to watch whether Sani can keep him and the bull-dykes from getting hold of her.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

No Huddle

• Grow up Peter Pan, Count Chocula.
« Reply #227 on: July 01, 2010, 12:14:08 AM »
:vn:
Yall are a little sister in the grand scheme of the SEC much like we are. Our day is gonna come, both of us. A winning season is just so much sweeter when you have been beaten down.
Last year was Bammers best season in what?, 30 years? All of a sudden they are all time world beaters? phuk that. Win the whole thing several years in a row before you proclaim that poop. They may do it, but I think not. I think it was timing with the talent they had on hand last year.

Not really 30 years. 1992 was the last NC which would be almost 20 years. But we did go 12-2 the year before so not world beaters but aight at this moment.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"So I want everybody to think here for a second, how much does this game mean to you? 'Cause if it means something to you, you can't stand still. You understand? You play fast! You play strong! You go out there and dominate the man you're playing against, and you make his ass quit! That's our trademark! That's our M.O.... as a team! That's what people know us as!" ~ Nick Saban

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #228 on: July 01, 2010, 07:10:02 AM »

Variety is the spice of life. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

JR4AU

« Reply #229 on: July 01, 2010, 09:44:06 AM »
Yall are a little sister in the grand scheme of the SEC much like we are. Our day is gonna come, both of us. A winning season is just so much sweeter when you have been beaten down.

Now that is  :bugs:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #230 on: July 01, 2010, 10:09:14 AM »
Last year was Bammers best season in what?, 30 years? All of a sudden they are all time world beaters? Fuck that. Win the whole thing several years in a row before you proclaim that shit. They may do it, but I think not. I think it was timing with the talent they had on hand last year.

Here's the difference my boarheaded friend.  While Auburn is consistent in where they fall no matter what the criteria, all time wins, winning percentage, avg poll ranking, all time ap poll ranking, etc...Auburn will fall somewhere between 12 and 18 in every single catagory all time.  AND since SEC expansion, we still fall there. Ark, however, all time is in the 15-25 range, BUT since expansion, has dropped off the face of the earth in wins, winning %, and in the polls.   Auburn is consistenly in the top 1/3 or 1/2 of the SEC in any catagory, and Ark is in the bottom of the middle third, or bottom half since they joined the SEC. Joining the SEC put a major dent in Ark's winning ways.  Being in the SWC with basically only TX to deal with make Ark look much better. 

http://football.stassen.com/records/compute-request.html

http://www.collegefootballpoll.com/historical_composite_rank.html

http://www.secsports.com/news/default.aspx?ArticleId=3988
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #231 on: July 01, 2010, 10:46:50 AM »
Now that is  :bugs:

Ummm. yeah- very funny.

No offense Arky - but please don't lump us with you. We are considered one of the big 6 in the SEC. You are not. We are Top 15 in wins all time. You are not. We've gotten our "quality" wins in the SEC, you have not.

We didn't want to turn this into a pissing match but since you have, I am with JR on this one. Our day has come and is still here. We won 4 SEC titles between 83-89 - yeah, our day will come. 13-0 and 11-0 in 2004 and 1993 (and several other undefeated seasons) in the SEC - you did it ONE fucking time, in the SWC in 1964 - yeah, our day will come.

When was the last conf title you won?   Yes - youve won 2 SWC titles since 1979 (when Carter was president). Thats right - the SWC...the fucking SWC where only Texas was worth a shit. In the 90's you went 3-8, 6-6, 3-7-1, 6-4-1, 4-7, 8-5, 4-7, 4-7 and then in 1998 HDN shows up and what do you do? Proceed to go 9-3 and 8-4 to close out the decade. And all you say are bad things about the guy as if he underachieved by your HIGH standards.  Yes - those HIGH standards of 3, 6, 3, 6, 4, 4 and 4 wins before he got there. MMMkay - I got it now. You need to address your peer comparison to Ole Miss or Kentucky. Actually Ole Miss has won a few SEC titles. Since Pat Dye arrived on the Plains in 1981 Auburn has had 5 losing seasons (5-6, 5-6, 3-8, 5-6, 5-7). You had that many in a 7 year span in the 90's alone. Nutt made you competitive in a conference that was much tougher than anything you had ever been in. Oh - btw - he won more games at Arky than anyone not named Broyles.

As for Bama, they had a little rough stretch when they had their carousel of bozos for coaches between 2001-2006, but other than that, they havent had very many BAD BAD seasons in the last 30. They are still one of the premier programs in the country whether we hate their guts or not. And I do hate their guts. Even counting their NC's the correct way, which ranges anywhere from 5-7, they still have more of them than just about everybody but Notre Dame. Theyve won 2 NC's the last 2 decades and you say they have been nobody for the last 30 years? I can't believe you are making me take up for the Bammers.

My point?
Quit putting yourself on level ground with us. Its just not a good comparison. 
Quit bad mouthing Nutt as if he didn't meet your standards. He exceeded your historical standards if anything.
And if you don't like Bama, beat them. But until then, they have bragging rights. At least WE get that.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #232 on: July 01, 2010, 10:51:22 AM »
Damn...

:popcorn:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #233 on: July 01, 2010, 11:19:23 AM »
Ummm. yeah- very funny.

No offense Arky - but please don't lump us with you. We are considered one of the big 6 in the SEC. You are not. We are Top 15 in wins all time. You are not. We've gotten our "quality" wins in the SEC, you have not.

We didn't want to turn this into a pissing match but since you have, I am with JR on this one. Our day has come and is still here. We won 4 SEC titles between 83-89 - yeah, our day will come. 13-0 and 11-0 in 2004 and 1993 (and several other undefeated seasons) in the SEC - you did it ONE fucking time, in the SWC in 1964 - yeah, our day will come.

When was the last conf title you won?   Yes - youve won 2 SWC titles since 1979 (when Carter was president). Thats right - the SWC...the fucking SWC where only Texas was worth a shit. In the 90's you went 3-8, 6-6, 3-7-1, 6-4-1, 4-7, 8-5, 4-7, 4-7 and then in 1998 HDN shows up and what do you do? Proceed to go 9-3 and 8-4 to close out the decade. And all you say are bad things about the guy as if he underachieved by your HIGH standards.  Yes - those HIGH standards of 3, 6, 3, 6, 4, 4 and 4 wins before he got there. MMMkay - I got it now. You need to address your peer comparison to Ole Miss or Kentucky. Actually Ole Miss has won a few SEC titles. Since Pat Dye arrived on the Plains in 1981 Auburn has had 5 losing seasons (5-6, 5-6, 3-8, 5-6, 5-7). You had that many in a 7 year span in the 90's alone. Nutt made you competitive in a conference that was much tougher than anything you had ever been in. Oh - btw - he won more games at Arky than anyone not named Broyles.

As for Bama, they had a little rough stretch when they had their carousel of bozos for coaches between 2001-2006, but other than that, they havent had very many BAD BAD seasons in the last 30. They are still one of the premier programs in the country whether we hate their guts or not. And I do hate their guts. Even counting their NC's the correct way, which ranges anywhere from 5-7, they still have more of them than just about everybody but Notre Dame. Theyve won 2 NC's the last 2 decades and you say they have been nobody for the last 30 years? I can't believe you are making me take up for the Bammers.

My point?
Quit putting yourself on level ground with us. Its just not a good comparison. 
Quit bad mouthing Nutt as if he didn't meet your standards. He exceeded your historical standards if anything.
And if you don't like Bama, beat them. But until then, they have bragging rights. At least WE get that.

:pwnd:

There was a stretch there where I thought titz was just funnin' us, but I've begun to think he's serious.  What you said?  DEAD FUCKIN' NUTZ ON!   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #234 on: July 01, 2010, 11:21:14 AM »
Damn...

:popcorn:

Yeah, thats right. I got that huge E Penis fully erect today. Git sum beetches
« Last Edit: July 01, 2010, 11:22:25 AM by GH2001 »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

JR4AU

« Reply #235 on: July 01, 2010, 11:56:18 AM »
For those that don't wanna click teh googles:

All Time Winning % ranking:

Auburn #16
Ark. #29

All Time # of wins ranking:

Auburn #13
Ark #21

Winning % since 1991

Auburn #17
Ark #49

# of wins since 1991

Auburn #18
Ark #44.

All time AP ranking avg.

Auburn #15
Ark #18

Computer Ranking composite avg since 1993

Auburn #18
Ark #39

AP top 25 rankings since expansion:
Auburn NR
Ark NR

AU NR
Ark NR

AU 4
Ark NR

AU 9
Ark NR

AU 22
Ark NR

AU 22
Ark NR

AU 11
Ark NR

AU NR
Ark 16

AU NR
Ark 17

AU 18
Ark NR

AU NR
Ark NR

AU 14
Ark NR

AU NR
Ark NR

AU 2
Ark NR

Harris Poll Takes over (3 polls combined):

AU 14, 7, 14
Ark NR

AU 9, 10, 8
Ark 15, 13, 16

AU 15, 23, 14
Ark NR, 25, NR

AU NR
Ark NR

AU NR
Ark NR

I don't know, but seems to me that sometime in the early 90s, coincidentally about the time that Ark joined the SEC, they fell on hard times, and have not recovered. 

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #236 on: July 01, 2010, 12:01:33 PM »

I don't know, but seems to me that sometime in the early 90s, coincidentally about the time that Ark joined the SEC, they fell on hard times, and have not recovered. 

Yeah, we appear to be beaten down, but we will have our day JR.

Its all Houston Nutt's fault...that damn idiot. He was off winning 8,9 and 10 games a year when he should have been having 11 win seasons, winning SEC titles and NC's like Arky was accustomed to and.....wait, what?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

JR4AU

« Reply #237 on: July 01, 2010, 12:58:06 PM »

says:

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
« Reply #238 on: July 01, 2010, 01:36:42 PM »
     Actually, It's Arkansas-Georgia. We're going to have a grand ole time, got about ten people going.  A couple Ga fans, a S. Carolina fan, a Puerto Rican or two, and a couple bull-dykes that used to play softball for Ga Tech.  One of the Puerto Ricans has a big crush on Whitney, it will be fun to watch whether Sani can keep him and the bull-dykes from getting hold of her.
That sounds awesome.  I want Howard to defend his woman via a drink off.  The bull-dykes might surprise you.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Redskins cornerback DeAngelo Hall said, "Guys don't mind hitting Michael Vick in the open field, but when you see Cam, you have to think about how you're going to tackle him. He's like a big tight end coming at you."

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #239 on: July 01, 2010, 03:10:25 PM »
That sounds awesome.  I want Howard to defend his woman via a drink off.  The bull-dykes might surprise you.

She can defend herself.  There will be plenty of women around who have legs just like I like'em.

Feet on one end and a pussy on the other.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."