Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Slow Day: Sporting News Interviews Saban

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
Re: Slow Day: Sporting News Interviews Saban
« Reply #200 on: June 29, 2010, 12:04:54 PM »
Good grief....you show your youth at times. Go look at some historical stats and tell me that UT is not a top tier SEC team. Wins, SEC titles, NC's.....do you seriously judge the SEC historically using only "recent" data? UT has a very storied history whether you like it or not.
Yes. I'm talking about modern history, not over centuries. Otherwise, you could put Ole Miss in the top tier, and as mentioned, UF wouldn't be at the top.

I sure wouldn't have put uat in the top tier two years ago. Or 10 years ago. But I would 30 years ago.

In the 80's, and possibly in the mid 2000s, we would have been top tier.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2010, 12:06:37 PM by AUChizad »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #201 on: June 29, 2010, 02:11:35 PM »
Yes. I'm talking about modern history, not over centuries. Otherwise, you could put Ole Miss in the top tier, and as mentioned, UF wouldn't be at the top.

I sure wouldn't have put uat in the top tier two years ago. Or 10 years ago. But I would 30 years ago.

In the 80's, and possibly in the mid 2000s, we would have been top tier.

UF has 3 NC's in 14 years....I believe that is enough.  Just like it is for Miami with 5. Even though both of those are "jonny come latelys" as JR stated.  LSU would probably be very close if not for the Curly Hallman and DiNardo years. Also remember that UT had a NC in 98.  Its hard NOT to say that a team is top tier of the SEC when they had a NC just a decade ago and are a top 10 program all time.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2010, 02:12:51 PM by GH2001 »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

boartitz

« Reply #202 on: June 29, 2010, 06:57:24 PM »
winnig % says the diff is top 20 vs not top 25, FWIW.  

I agree w hogwally, and GH on Nutty and Ark place in the pecking order.  Ark is a program that teeters on the precipice...a couple of players like McFadden and Jones make them elite, the lack of a key player or two and the can fall down to the bottom...most years theyre a solid mid tier SEC team. Nutt did what could be done.  

I think we are #23 in all time wins. Is that not top 25?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #203 on: June 30, 2010, 12:45:19 AM »
winnig % says the diff is top 20 vs not top 25, FWIW.  

I agree w hogwally, and GH on Nutty and Ark place in the pecking order.  Ark is a program that teeters on the precipice...a couple of players like McFadden and Jones make them elite, the lack of a key player or two and the can fall down to the bottom...most years theyre a solid mid tier SEC team. Nutt did what could be done.  

I am a huge Hog fan, literally and figuratively,  and love to think that Arkansas is the best school and the nicest place on God's green earth.  But I am also at least somewhat of a realist.  IMO, Arkansas is a program that is just not going to be a dominant program year in and year out.  We are a small school in a small state, far removed from recruiting hotbeds.  But we are a program that should be competitive every year, and should have a chance at being great every third or fourth year when everything lines up just right.  I can live with that.  Part of being an Arkansas fan is accepting the fact that you're going to get your heart broken on a regular basis.  It makes the wins that much sweeter. 
     The Hogs' biggest problem and what continues to keep us from being an elite level program is depth.  We can field first units that are top level pretty regularly, unfortunately injuries always seem to do us in, because we don't have #2's or #3's that are top level talent. A good example was 2006, that was our latest chance to really be great.  We were a muffed punt away from an SEC championship (another game I talked Sani into going to see with me), and an outside chance at a National Championship shot.  But we were derailed because our best defensive back and punt returner was out.  Now it's 4 years later, and we've got a chance to be special agian.  Hopefully we can capitalize on our chance this time.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #204 on: June 30, 2010, 08:30:56 AM »
You had me at
I sat with Saniflush at the 'bama game that year and watched as we just destroyed them.

We still going to the leg humpers this year?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

boartitz

« Reply #205 on: June 30, 2010, 08:35:03 AM »

.  We were a muffed punt away from an SEC championship (another game I talked Sani into going to see with me), and an outside chance at a National Championship shot.       
Yeah, but the muffer's daddy caught a pass from Houston Nutt in a scrimmage game at OSU. He was special.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #206 on: June 30, 2010, 09:56:30 AM »
I think we are #23 in all time wins. Is that not top 25?

Actually in total wins, based on the link I proved earlier in this thread http://football.stassen.com/records/compute-request.html, Ark is tied at 21st...with Washington.  I think you went by this link http://www.cfbdatawarehouse.com/data/rankings/all_time_team_rankings.php  I think you might want to use the stassen criteria as a measuring stick too.  Florida is 23rd using the same criteria.  Of course Pitt, WVU, and Syracuse are ahead of Ark on that list...soooooo.

I suspect you're just being funny now...you've gotten my point.  Hogwally knows. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

boartitz

« Reply #207 on: June 30, 2010, 10:40:46 AM »
Actually in total wins, based on the link I proved earlier in this thread http://football.stassen.com/records/compute-request.html, Ark is tied at 21st...with Washington.  I think you went by this link http://www.cfbdatawarehouse.com/data/rankings/all_time_team_rankings.php  I think you might want to use the stassen criteria as a measuring stick too.  Florida is 23rd using the same criteria.  Of course Pitt, WVU, and Syracuse are ahead of Ark on that list...soooooo.

I suspect you're just being funny now...you've gotten my point.  Hogwally knows. 
I got the 23 from Wiki. I'll take a +2. I assumed it was just total wins, AKA all time winning records.
Still top 25, eh? That less than .2 lead yall have on us is probably insurmountable .
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #208 on: June 30, 2010, 11:38:08 AM »
I got the 23 from Wiki. I'll take a +2. I assumed it was just total wins, AKA all time winning records.
Still top 25, eh? That less than .2 lead yall have on us is probably insurmountable .

Hang on to that total # of wins thought.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #209 on: June 30, 2010, 12:24:10 PM »
:rofl:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

boartitz

« Reply #210 on: June 30, 2010, 12:27:12 PM »
Is that like a rope? Yeah, buddy, I got aholt.
As much as you like to argue about trivial stuff, you might want to see about getting you one of those lawyer degrees. You'd make a great public defender. I mean who gives a fuck if those clients get their ass fried? Or do yall still do the hanging thing. :)
It's a joke, son. :thumsup:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #211 on: June 30, 2010, 12:33:21 PM »
As much as you like to argue about trivial stuff, you might want to see about getting you one of those lawyer degrees. You'd make a great public defender. I mean who gives a fuck if those clients get their ass fried? Or do yall still do the hanging thing. :)

:haha:

All in fun brutha! 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

boartitz

« Reply #212 on: June 30, 2010, 01:08:54 PM »
:haha:

All in fun brutha!  
:vn:
Yall are a little sister in the grand scheme of the SEC much like we are. Our day is gonna come, both of us. A winning season is just so much sweeter when you have been beaten down.
Last year was Bammers best season in what?, 30 years? All of a sudden they are all time world beaters? Fuck that. Win the whole thing several years in a row before you proclaim that shit. They may do it, but I think not. I think it was timing with the talent they had on hand last year.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2010, 01:18:31 PM by boartitz »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #213 on: June 30, 2010, 01:16:56 PM »

In the FWIW department.  Since this thread started in on Nutt, I've been informally polling my Auburn friends offline.  Pretty much equally divided on Nutt, and pretty well mirrors what you've seen here.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

boartitz

« Reply #214 on: June 30, 2010, 01:30:58 PM »
In the FWIW department.  Since this thread started in on Nutt, I've been informally polling my Auburn friends offline.  Pretty much equally divided on Nutt, and pretty well mirrors what you've seen here.
What the fuck evar.
I was at Fayetteville at the same time that fuck was there and Frank Broyles recruited him because of who his daddy was.
When Lou Holtz came in, this motherfucker bailed because he could not compete for the job. He went to his daddy's alma mater at Oklahomo State and didn't amount to shit there.
I should have gotten into Nutt's trade. I know more about his job than he does and I could do it for a smoove 2 mil a year.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #215 on: June 30, 2010, 01:51:02 PM »
What the fuck evar.
I was at Fayetteville at the same time that fuck was there and Frank Broyles recruited him because of who his daddy was.
When Lou Holtz came in, this motherfucker bailed because he could not compete for the job. He went to his daddy's alma mater at Oklahomo State and didn't amount to shit there.
I should have gotten into Nutt's trade. I know more about his job than he does and I could do it for a smoove 2 mil a year.

uh huh.   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

boartitz

« Reply #216 on: June 30, 2010, 02:14:15 PM »
uh huh.   
All Nutt knows how to do is blow smoke up a head man's ass. You barrister's don't have a patent on that or I figger you would have an infringement case against him.
The motherfucker is not innovative  and he is not very good at implementing the basic football plays 101 that he has been exposed to.
He likes all of the credit when things work out and he has scapegoated a bunch of good assistants who knew more about the game than he did.
I've worked for companies run the same way. An idiot in control that wanted to micromanage every aspect of the operation whether they knew anything about that aspect or not.
Thank God for Mississippi. Nutt and the Rebs are a match made in heaven for the rest of the SEC.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

boartitz

« Reply #217 on: June 30, 2010, 02:21:01 PM »
uh huh.   
Again. This fucker got to where he is today on his daddy's name.
He hasn't proved shit per his resume.
Longest period as a coach in a BCS conference without a BCS game appearance. He's a real up and comer.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #218 on: June 30, 2010, 02:32:17 PM »
All Nutt knows how to do is blow smoke up a head man's ass. You barrister's don't have a patent on that or I figger you would have an infringement case against him.
The motherfucker is not innovative  and he is not very good at implementing the basic football plays 101 that he has been exposed to.
He likes all of the credit when things work out and he has scapegoated a bunch of good assistants who knew more about the game than he did.
I've worked for companies run the same way. An idiot in control that wanted to micromanage every aspect of the operation whether they knew anything about that aspect or not.
Thank God for Mississippi. Nutt and the Rebs are a match made in heaven for the rest of the SEC.
Again. This fucker got to where he is today on his daddy's name.
He hasn't proved shit per his resume.
Longest period as a coach in a BCS conference without a BCS game appearance. He's a real up and comer.

We get back to the fact that you think Ark has the same potential as any other school in the SEC.  IF that were true, I'd agree that Nutt woefully underperformed.  As for getting jobs based on who you are or who you know.  Welcome to the real world.  That's not an automatic disqualifier for competence. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

boartitz

« Reply #219 on: June 30, 2010, 02:55:39 PM »
We get back to the fact that you think Ark has the same potential as any other school in the SEC.  IF that were true, I'd agree that Nutt woefully underperformed.  As for getting jobs based on who you are or who you know.  Welcome to the real world.  That's not an automatic disqualifier for competence. 
When the SEC accepted us for membership we were on equal footing with the top tiered programs. We still are. Our coaching debacles have been our main hindrance in the football sucess arena so far.
I think we have that problem resolved as of now.
Thanks for your concern.
Someone has to challenge Alabama for all the aigs and yall ain't getting it done.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions