Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Would You Accept the 2004 National Championship?

Birmingham

Re: Would You Accept the 2004 National Championship?
« Reply #40 on: June 10, 2010, 03:17:08 PM »
http://www.usctrojans.com/ot/usc-2003-national-champs.html

Notice the trophy Pete Carroll is holding in that picture, or more importantly which one he's not holding.  I can go down to a little league trophy shop here in town and get a real nice one for under $10 bucks.  Am I a National Champion now?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #41 on: June 10, 2010, 03:17:32 PM »
LSU.

The final BCS rankings come out before the NC game. This decides who goes to the NC game. It goes without saying that this game decides the champion. The way this works is the BCS game decides the champion, NOT the AP AFTER the game is played. Oklahoma was #1, and LSU was #2. LSU beat #1, thus winning the BCS National Championship. After that championship game, nothing matters. BCS doesn't rank shit after that, because it has already given you the two best teams, and is predetermined that the winner will be considered the best team, thus, the champion. And when it comes to championships, in the current setup, what BCS says goes.
However, in both the AP & Coach's poll, USC was #1, LSU#2, and Oklahoma #3.

I know in a bammer's mind Saban won 2003 outright. You got the Men In Black to wipe your memory of any controversy surrounding that seasons national championship, and any talks from ESPN about Three-peats.  :taunt:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #42 on: June 10, 2010, 03:21:46 PM »
Notice the trophy Pete Carroll is holding in that picture, or more importantly which one he's not holding.  I can go down to a little league trophy shop here in town and get a real nice one for under $10 bucks.  Am I a National Champion now?

If you put "Dumbfuck National Champtionship" on it, yes.

Other than that, read the writing on the T-shirts, and everything else.  The AP poll NC is as valid today, and then as it was when bammer claimed a split poll championship in the days when there was not crystal football trophy. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Birmingham

« Reply #43 on: June 10, 2010, 03:21:53 PM »
BCS is one poll...they decide theirs, the AP decides theirs.  Technically it's the BCS Championship, not the BCS National Championship.  BCS is a poll, period, then end.  

This is the single greatest post I've ever read.  Absolute win.  Let the record show that today is the day when JR4AU took up the argument for Alabama claiming 13 National Championships.  Could this day get any better?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #44 on: June 10, 2010, 03:23:28 PM »
The irony here is almost surreal. The fact that we're hearing about how the AP isn't a legitimate poll, from RWS & Birmingham, two guys who will argue til they're blue in the face about how each and every one of the "13" MNC's from uat are completely legitimate, is incomprehensible.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2010, 03:25:40 PM by AUChizad »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Birmingham

« Reply #45 on: June 10, 2010, 03:24:25 PM »
If you put "Dumbfuck National Champtionship" on it, yes.

Other than that, read the writing on the T-shirts, and everything else.  The AP poll NC is as valid today, and then as it was when bammer claimed a split poll championship in the days when there was not crystal football trophy.  

OH MY HOLY FUCK!! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
 :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
« Last Edit: June 10, 2010, 03:56:11 PM by Birmingham »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

• The guy your mother warned you about
« Reply #46 on: June 10, 2010, 03:25:48 PM »
The irony here is almost surreal. The fact that we're hearing about how the AP isn't a legitimate poll, from RWS & Birmingham, two guys who will argue til their blue in the face about how each and every one of the "13" MNC's from uat are completely legitimate, is incomprehensible.
Find how many times I've claimed 13. Find how many times I've said I don't give a shit about the past championships. Tell me which number is greater.

Aaaaaand, go!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

JR4AU

« Reply #47 on: June 10, 2010, 03:29:38 PM »
This is the single greatest post I've ever read.  Absolute win.  Let the record show that today is the day when JR4AU took up the argument for Alabama claiming 13 National Championships.  Could this day get any better?

You're living the internet troll life aren't you?  Stupid fuck. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
« Reply #48 on: June 10, 2010, 03:33:26 PM »
OH MY HOLY phuk!! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
 :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Troll like smileys... Troll like myspace use of word phuk...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Redskins cornerback DeAngelo Hall said, "Guys don't mind hitting Michael Vick in the open field, but when you see Cam, you have to think about how you're going to tackle him. He's like a big tight end coming at you."

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #49 on: June 10, 2010, 03:35:47 PM »
The answer to both of you is no.  Now for my question to both of you.  Are you or aren't you National Champions?
If the AP revotes us as their #1 team, then yes.

If not, then no.

Its that simple.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

JR4AU

« Reply #50 on: June 10, 2010, 03:44:47 PM »
OH MY HOLY phuk!! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

So you're not claiming the '78 NC when bammer got the AP #1 vote after having lost to USC?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Birmingham

« Reply #51 on: June 10, 2010, 03:52:54 PM »
So you're not claiming the '78 NC when bammer got the AP #1 vote after having lost to USC?

What poll had more authority than the AP in 1978?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Birmingham

« Reply #52 on: June 10, 2010, 03:54:52 PM »
The irony here is almost surreal. The fact that we're hearing about how the AP isn't a legitimate poll, from RWS & Birmingham, two guys who will argue til they're blue in the face about how each and every one of the "13" MNC's from uat are completely legitimate, is incomprehensible.

Good luck proving either RWS or I have made this argument.  Both of us have made it clear what our opinion of Bama's National Championships are.  You can now continue throwing shit against the way, none has stuck yet.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
« Reply #53 on: June 10, 2010, 03:55:53 PM »
You are an ardtard.  The BCS is not recognized by the NCAA...fucking troll.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Redskins cornerback DeAngelo Hall said, "Guys don't mind hitting Michael Vick in the open field, but when you see Cam, you have to think about how you're going to tackle him. He's like a big tight end coming at you."

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #54 on: June 10, 2010, 03:59:34 PM »
From Kaos to "the goons pissing on each other's legs in the 'would you claim 2004' thread":

"The members of the 2004 team already have rings that say National Champions.  That's all that needs to be said about that."

For reals.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

Birmingham

« Reply #55 on: June 10, 2010, 04:01:58 PM »
You are an ardtard.  The BCS is not recognized by the NCAA...fucking troll.

Nobody is claiming the NCAA declares champions but in no way does that make the BCS not the authority.  Why can't you guys answer the simple question?

Are you National Champions?  If you were, what reason is there to avoid the question?  So, how about it?  National Champs?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Birmingham

« Reply #56 on: June 10, 2010, 04:03:56 PM »
From Kaos to "the goons pissing on each other's legs in the 'would you claim 2004' thread":

"The members of the 2004 team already have rings that say National Champions.  That's all that needs to be said about that."

For reals.

So the team has claimed it all along while the fans disagreed?  Something seems amiss.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Birmingham

« Reply #57 on: June 10, 2010, 04:05:48 PM »
I think you guys just need a little encouragement... I'll be back...

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Birmingham

« Reply #58 on: June 10, 2010, 04:06:49 PM »
ROLL-IT   ROLL-IT   ROLL-IT   ROLL-IT   ROLL-IT   ROLL-IT   ROLL-IT   ROLL-IT  ROLL-IT  ROLL-IT  ROLL-IT

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JR4AU

« Reply #59 on: June 10, 2010, 04:07:38 PM »

Playing both sides of it now huh?  You're a pathetic retard.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions