Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Bammer Excuse #4,325: Teams Have Bye Weeks Before Playing Them

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
Re: Bammer Excuse #4,325: Teams Have Bye Weeks Before Playing Them
« Reply #80 on: June 08, 2010, 01:53:53 PM »
I did.  At 10:57:42.
Yeah, BUT, How did you feel at 10:57:43?  Huhhhhhh?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Redskins cornerback DeAngelo Hall said, "Guys don't mind hitting Michael Vick in the open field, but when you see Cam, you have to think about how you're going to tackle him. He's like a big tight end coming at you."

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #81 on: June 08, 2010, 03:39:48 PM »
Why would he want the game to move up and erase any advantage Alabama had before the SECCG?  Aside from the fact that Shula wasn't going to make the SECCG anyway?

Of course, with Mal Moore, I guess anything is plausible.

You asked and answered your question in the same sentence...well, two sentences anyway.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #82 on: June 08, 2010, 03:49:03 PM »
You asked and answered your question in the same sentence...well, two sentences anyway.

Exactly. It was a lot of Mal knowing there was no way in hell the SEC game was in reach with Shula at the helm, and a little of  if we can't make it there, we want it hard as hell for Auburn to get there too...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #83 on: June 08, 2010, 07:59:37 PM »
     I could be wrong, but I think the Iron bowl was moved back simply because of the addition of the twelveth game.  Originally, there were only going to be 12 games on the years when there were 12 Saturdays between Labor Day and Thanksgiving, everybody plays Labor Day weekend, leaving one week off somewhere along the line. But everybody liked the extra money of the added game, so they decided to go to 12 games all the time.  That means on years where there are only 11 Saturdays between Labor Day and Thanksgiving, 'bama and Auburn would have to play 12 in a row to have Thanksgiving week off.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions