Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Road March for Shon Coleman (pictures added)

boartitz

Re: Road March for Shon Coleman
« Reply #180 on: April 30, 2010, 08:38:40 PM »
I wore my shirt to work yesterday( my last day), and it got notice from an apprentice from West Memphis. He's Shon's second cousin. Small world.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #181 on: May 01, 2010, 12:23:23 AM »
Now that I have money to spare, let me know again what I need to do. I want to buy a T-shirt.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #182 on: May 01, 2010, 11:11:04 AM »
Now that I have money to spare, let me know again what I need to do. I want to buy a T-shirt.

Go here:

http://www.tigersx.com/

And click the link for the Store.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

« Reply #183 on: May 01, 2010, 07:34:45 PM »
over 11,000.00
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #184 on: May 01, 2010, 07:48:00 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

« Reply #185 on: May 01, 2010, 11:57:26 PM »
hoping for an ESPN producer to pick up the story for airing
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

« Reply #186 on: May 03, 2010, 03:34:03 PM »
Hey, GF, there is a poster on Scout that wants the patch design as a sticker:

Many thanks ! This is a great idea !! I wish you'd get the patches made into decals for cars...we would love to buy some for our cars for about $50 a decal..whatta' you think ? WDE !!! Bess

http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=6&f=1010&t=5911620
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #187 on: May 03, 2010, 10:36:53 PM »
If Godfather grants permission I might be able to work out a sticker that can be made by someone i know in Auburn.

Also, whats the t-shirt fund up to???
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #188 on: May 04, 2010, 04:03:42 PM »
it's official. road march will be getting air time on WSFA Montgomery and WTVM Columbus towards the end of this week on WSFA and next week with WTVM     :vn:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

« Reply #189 on: May 04, 2010, 04:07:58 PM »
it's official. road march will be getting air time on WSFA Montgomery and WTVM Columbus towards the end of this week on WSFA and next week with WTVM     :vn:

You're the man.

When you come back to the states, I'll buy a night's worth of drinks.

Just don't pass out around AWK.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
« Reply #190 on: May 04, 2010, 04:15:28 PM »
You're the man.

When you come back to the states, I'll buy a night's worth of drinks.

Just don't pass out around AWK.
My name is AWK, and I like to party.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Redskins cornerback DeAngelo Hall said, "Guys don't mind hitting Michael Vick in the open field, but when you see Cam, you have to think about how you're going to tackle him. He's like a big tight end coming at you."

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #191 on: May 05, 2010, 07:15:06 AM »
My name is AWK, and I like to party.

Don't let him put you in a sleeper hold or you'll wake up with a sore anus.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #192 on: May 05, 2010, 08:21:42 AM »

Thats AUsome! I saw your response on Ben Tates FB. That was me posting there, JKU.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #193 on: May 05, 2010, 12:38:08 PM »
video recorded tonight for news stories as well as an article from the Associated Press to be coming on the wire TOMORROW
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

bottomfeeder

• We're screwed.
« Reply #194 on: May 05, 2010, 12:53:55 PM »
Way cool.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #195 on: May 05, 2010, 07:26:51 PM »
go ahead and add KFDA News Channel 10 of Amarillo, Texas to the list of news media covering the story.

and my shon coleman shirt arrived at the house back home...saw it on skype --- those are great!

GF- the tigersx.com shirt is on its way to Kosovo. The volcano delayed its arrival when it decided to shut down international mail they got backed up. Hope to get it this week.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2010, 08:22:06 PM by wareagle044 »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tiger Wench

• Does this armour make my ass look big?
« Reply #196 on: May 06, 2010, 02:37:21 PM »
I guess this is an appropriate place to share this.

I got word today that my nephew that has ALL may have relapsed.  He has been in the maintenance phase for nearly a year now, on monthly chemo, but at his check-up today, when they did the spinal tap, they found something wrong.  They will be doing a bone marrow draw this afternoon to see what is going on.  This is obviously not good news.  

He is four years old.

I am asking for prayers.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #197 on: May 06, 2010, 06:26:57 PM »
so sorry to hear that TW...you better believe I am going to work day and night to get as much support as possible for him over the next week or so.

Prayers definitely being sent up.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #198 on: May 06, 2010, 06:54:16 PM »
Just ran across the AP story.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/news?slug=ap-shonssupport

Reservist helps raise money for stricken athlete

By JOHN ZENOR, AP Sports Writer 26 minutes ago

MONTGOMERY, Ala. (AP)—Josiah Greene found someone in the United States to help while serving on a peacekeeping mission in Kosovo—cancer-stricken high school football star Shon Coleman.

The 25-year-old Army reservist was moved enough by Coleman’s diagnosis in March with acute lymphoblastic leukemia to start a fund in the Auburn-bound offensive lineman’s honor. Greene, also an Auburn student, has raised more than $12,000 for St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital.

“I kept posting to message boards, Facebook, and Twitter while friends back home did the same,” Greene, an animal sciences major, said in an e-mail from Kosovo on Wednesday. “Pretty soon I was getting support from schools like Oklahoma State, Tennessee, Texas A&M, Texas Tech, and even Alabama. This had become bigger than one person and one school, so I started rallying folks from all over the nation.”

Greene wears a patch honoring Coleman on his uniform—with an orange ribbon dangling from the Auburn logo, surrounded by Coleman’s name, his No. 77 and the image of a lineman in his stance. He carries an Auburn flag on marches, while others bear banners honoring their various nations.

Greene’s request gained momentum when four former Auburn players currently in the NFL—Ben Tate, Jerraud Powers, Quentin Groves and Marcus McNeill— posted links to the tribute fund on their Facebook pages. ESPN.com also did a story on Greene and his efforts.

Coleman’s mother, De Keisha Tunstall, appreciates everything is Greene is doing.

In an April 28 e-mail to Greene that is posted on the fund’s Web site, she calls him “a very special young man” who “will always be family.”

Tunstall did not respond to e-mails or Facebook messages from The Associated Press seeking comments. She posted on her CaringBridge page on April 9 that Coleman was cancer-free about two weeks after entering St. Jude.

On Tuesday, she posted that her son’s treatment was going well and that he would soon be out of Phase 1, the induction phase, of his treatment.

“Induction has been described as the most difficult part of the treatment process,” Tunstall wrote, “and Shon went through it like the warrior he is.”

She said he has received two blood transfusions recently and must wear a mask outside the house because of a weakened immune system.

The 6-foot-7 Coleman, who played for Olive Branch High School in Mississippi, was one of the top signees in an Auburn recruiting class ranked among the Top 5 nationally.

He was widely regarded as Mississippi’s top prospect, and Rivals.com rated him the nation’s third-best offensive tackle.

That’s not why Greene became so interested in Coleman, though. Or why he still follows his battle closely.

“Shon is a very special and talented guy,” the reservist said. “I want to thank him for his courage and his will to stand up against a disease that shows no mercy or discrimination on who it will effect. I want to thank his mother for allowing me to get his story out to the nation and giving me the opportunity to help make a difference for not only his family … but children and families who are battling through the same battle as I type this message.”

Greene started raising money through the St. Jude Tribute fund. He said some $2,500 poured in over the first 12 hours.

Greene said he plans to continue the fund until Coleman is done with treatment, and possibly throughout the player’s time at Auburn.

“It really goes to show the hearts of people and that it doesn’t matter where you’re from or what logo is on your T-shirt and hat—compassion is still out there in this world, and people will rise to the occasion when presented with an opportunity to show it,” Greene said. “This fund wasn’t made successful by me, but the good hearts of the people back home. I am so thankful to have the opportunity to be a part of it.

“I pray for Shon and his family as well as others going through the same situation on a daily basis. I hope this fund has made just of positive of an impact on them as it has on me.”
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Redskins cornerback DeAngelo Hall said, "Guys don't mind hitting Michael Vick in the open field, but when you see Cam, you have to think about how you're going to tackle him. He's like a big tight end coming at you."