Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Hey bammers.....y'all still think Spencer Region

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
Re: Hey bammers.....y'all still think Spencer Region
« Reply #20 on: February 11, 2010, 12:29:35 PM »
I find it amusing that you gave the response that you gave, and in the same post, said that my response was totally unreasonable. You pretty much gave the response that I predicted; "Oh mane, dem bammers are skeered!!!"

Like I have said in previous posts, it's not like in 2008 where Alabama put a stranglehold on AU in recruiting. If you didn't notice, Alabama had a pretty damn good 2010 class too. AU had a pretty good class, and nobody knows who will even make it on campus yet, or know how they work out on the field. But oh, Alabama coaches are terrified. Because YOU say so. Rrrrrriiiiiight. In reality, neither of us know dick. We have our opinions, but that is about as far as it goes.

:thumsup:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #21 on: February 11, 2010, 12:50:57 PM »
I find it amusing that you gave the response that you gave, and in the same post, said that my response was totally unreasonable. You pretty much gave the response that I predicted; "Oh mane, dem bammers are skeered!!!"

No - thats how your people talk. Especially at Teh Wall Marks...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #22 on: February 11, 2010, 01:48:49 PM »
I really don't think he was pressured to commit. I think he let his emotions run rampant, and he committed early. He knew Saban's deal about no visits once you commit. He shouldn't have committed if he wanted to take visits. I mean, how hard do you think the staff had to recruit him or pressure him when he's telling anybody that will listen how he has dreamed of playing in BDS, has been waiting his whole life for an offer from Alabama, etc. For fucks sake, he only got his offer Jan 30th. He had his offer for 3 whole days before he committed privately. What did they do, call him every hour on the hour for three days and text him if he didn't answer they would kill him? Hold a gun to his head in Saban's office, where he didn't even commit on the spot, but went home and committed days later? Please. 

Go read some past stories from past recruits that have ended up signing with Alabama, and some that haven't. Alot of them say that one thing they appreciated was that they weren't pressured to commit on the spot. If you look at this situation obvectively and take into account that he had his offer for a total of 3 days, didn't commit on the spot when he got his offer, but called Saban a few days later and committed, you question how he could have been so heavily pressured. I mean, it works for AU fans because it gives you ammo to say "Oh mane, dem bammers are skeered!!!", and it works for AU coaches because they could get a commit to openly put down their in-state rival. Plus it works for AU, because his actions may make some schools hesitate about offering him. Less competition. But thats about all it is good for. 

Fuck Saban and his hypocritical rules. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #23 on: February 11, 2010, 02:16:03 PM »
phuk Saban and his hypocritical rules. 

I think that about sums it up.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #24 on: February 11, 2010, 03:20:57 PM »
I think that about sums it up.

Sometimes shortest is sweetest.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Token

« Reply #25 on: February 11, 2010, 04:08:08 PM »
Spencer wasn't pressured into doing shit.  Nobody told him he had to set up a press conference and commit a year before signing day.  HE decided that.

He's plays a position that won't be heavily recruited this year by Saban.  Bama will likely only take 18-20 commitments and Spencer wasn't high enough up the priority board and was told that if he waits around, he likely won't have a spot late in the game.

Other commitments, like Brent Calloway, who will be a pivotal part of this class said this very recently.  
"My commitment to Alabama is solid. I am going to go through the recruiting process and take visits, but I told Coach Saban that when I committed and he was fine with it. It is something that I need to do because I really haven't been anywhere else."

What?  Calloway can take visits and Spencer can't?  Like I said, Spencer (although he is a good player and would be a nice addition to the 2010 class) isn't at a "need" position so he was simply told they wouldn't hold a scholarship for him if he wanted to look around.

« Last Edit: February 11, 2010, 04:10:42 PM by Token »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tiger Wench

• Does this armour make my ass look big?
« Reply #26 on: February 11, 2010, 04:45:19 PM »
Spencer wasn't pressured into doing shit.  Nobody told him he had to set up a press conference and commit a year before signing day.  HE decided that.

He's plays a position that won't be heavily recruited this year by Saban.  Bama will likely only take 18-20 commitments and Spencer wasn't high enough up the priority board and was told that if he waits around, he likely won't have a spot late in the game.

Other commitments, like Brent Calloway, who will be a pivotal part of this class said this very recently.  
What?  Calloway can take visits and Spencer can't?  Like I said, Spencer (although he is a good player and would be a nice addition to the 2010 class) isn't at a "need" position so he was simply told they wouldn't hold a scholarship for him if he wanted to look around.
So Saban double standard-ed Spencer Region (He can't go on visits but the other kid can).  Yeah, that's fair.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
« Reply #27 on: February 11, 2010, 04:55:48 PM »

Oh snap, he dropped the "We didn't want him anyway" line.  Wow, so predictable.  :thumsup:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Redskins cornerback DeAngelo Hall said, "Guys don't mind hitting Michael Vick in the open field, but when you see Cam, you have to think about how you're going to tackle him. He's like a big tight end coming at you."

Token

« Reply #28 on: February 11, 2010, 04:57:36 PM »
So Saban double standard-ed Spencer Region (He can't go on visits but the other kid can).  Yeah, that's fair.

Didn't say it wasn't fair.  And also didn't say Saban isn't a contradicting asshole.  That's the breaks.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #29 on: February 11, 2010, 05:01:50 PM »
Didn't say it wasn't fair.  And also didn't say Saban isn't a contradicting asshole.  That's the breaks.

It's also the breaks that his ass got called out for it by a 16 year old junior in high school...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Token

« Reply #30 on: February 11, 2010, 05:03:06 PM »
Oh snap, he dropped the "We didn't want him anyway" line.  Wow, so predictable.  :thumsup:

That's how you interpreted it, but that's not what I said.  He was wanted, and had already committed to Bama.  He was simply told after calling off his presser that if he wanted to look around, he didn't have a guaranteed scholarship.  Not like Marvin Shinn or Brent Calloway, who will be taking all of their allotted official visits.  

If I really cared enough to make a solid point, I'd make a list of the offensive lineman taken in the last three years by Saban.  Trust me, OL isn't a need this year.  SR could have been one of the few who will be taken in this class, he just chose not to be.  

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Token

« Reply #31 on: February 11, 2010, 05:05:20 PM »
It's also the breaks that his ass got called out for it by a 16 year old junior in high school...

And your team benefited from it. 

You should be sending Nick Saban a thank you card.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
« Reply #32 on: February 11, 2010, 05:12:26 PM »
And your team benefited from it. 

You should be sending Nick Saban a thankfuck you card.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Redskins cornerback DeAngelo Hall said, "Guys don't mind hitting Michael Vick in the open field, but when you see Cam, you have to think about how you're going to tackle him. He's like a big tight end coming at you."

Token

« Reply #33 on: February 11, 2010, 05:18:05 PM »
He already got the fuck you card.  And it as read aloud in Cullman last week.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #34 on: February 11, 2010, 07:30:35 PM »

Perhaps you missed this:
http://blog.al.com/kevin-scarbinsky/2010/02/post_8.html
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Token

« Reply #35 on: February 11, 2010, 08:24:44 PM »
Perhaps you missed this:
http://blog.al.com/kevin-scarbinsky/2010/02/post_8.html

Perhaps you missed this:
And also didn't say Saban isn't a contradicting asshole. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #36 on: February 21, 2010, 12:10:18 PM »
Spencer now plans to enroll early.

http://blog.al.com/goldmine/2010/02/auburn_recruiting_spencer_regi.html
Region committed to Auburn two weeks ago, and indicated he is not wavering. He says he wants to graduate high school in December so he can enroll at Auburn in January.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #37 on: February 21, 2010, 12:37:34 PM »
You bammers are about to see how "Solid" Brent Calloway's commitment is.

Here's a funny thought, prospects that decide for themselves, where they want to spend the next 3-5 years....usually decide on Auburn over SPuat.  Prospects that are pressured by their family, HS Coaches, and peers into selecting where they will attend college....usually decide on SPuat over Auburn.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

RWS

• The guy your mother warned you about
« Reply #38 on: February 21, 2010, 01:56:18 PM »
You bammers are about to see how "Solid" Brent Calloway's commitment is.

Here's a funny thought, prospects that decide for themselves, where they want to spend the next 3-5 years....usually decide on Auburn over SPuat.  Prospects that are pressured by their family, HS Coaches, and peers into selecting where they will attend college....usually decide on SPuat over Auburn.
So, give us something decisive. Is he going to decommit from Alabama - yes or no? Switch to AU - yes or no?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #39 on: February 21, 2010, 02:43:09 PM »
So, give us something decisive. Is he going to decommit from Alabama - yes or no? Switch to AU - yes or no?
If he decides for himself, then I could see a de-commit from SPuat.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs