Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Our local Bammers...

jadennis

Our local Bammers...
« on: January 26, 2010, 09:45:15 PM »
....what hear ye on your boards about Keenan Allen and Shon Coleman?

Everyone is reporting that Allen is considering all kinds of other places (UNC, Clemson, etc), and that Saban is all over trying to switch Coleman over.

What are your dirt roats (skreets) saying?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"To me Auburn is not in Auburn, Alabama. Auburn is the people who care about Auburn, the people who love Auburn. Wherever they are, that’s Auburn, Auburn is in your heart. You play for it."

- Reggie Torbor

Token

Re: Our local Bammers...
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2010, 09:57:51 PM »
....what hear ye on your boards about Keenan Allen and Shon Coleman?

Everyone is reporting that Allen is considering all kinds of other places (UNC, Clemson, etc), and that Saban is all over trying to switch Coleman over.

What are your dirt roats (skreets) saying?

No skreets.  Just bullshit opinions from people who think they know what's going on.

Allen is seriously considering Clemson because he wants to play with his brother who will transfer from Buffalo.
Coleman isn't being "switched" by Saban.  He has not, at any point, been 100% solid to Auburn and is taking a mid week visit to UA.  With James Stone rumored to be seriously considering UT now that Kiffin r-u-n-n-o-f-t, recruiting people believe Coleman is next on Bama's board and Saban will make a strong push for him.

All bullshit opinions from people who are paid to lure subscriptions with headlines.  Is the truth in there?  Guess we'll find out soon enough.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jadennis

« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2010, 10:15:15 PM »
No skreets.  Just bullpoop opinions from people who think they know what's going on.

Allen is seriously considering Clemson because he wants to play with his brother who will transfer from Buffalo.
Coleman isn't being "switched" by Saban.  He has not, at any point, been 100% solid to Auburn and is taking a mid week visit to UA.  With James Stone rumored to be seriously considering UT now that Kiffin r-u-n-n-o-f-t, recruiting people believe Coleman is next on Bama's board and Saban will make a strong push for him.

All bullpoop opinions from people who are paid to lure subscriptions with headlines.  Is the truth in there?  Guess we'll find out soon enough.

What's interesting is that Coleman has always been considered a "soft commit" simply because he said he'd take visits.  Until now, I always took him at his word that he was 100%, but was going to take visits just to take them.  But with Stone looking at Tennessee, I could see Alabama turning up the pressure and giving him something to think about.

With this many top recruits, we're bound to lose one along the way...this could be the one (one of the ones).
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"To me Auburn is not in Auburn, Alabama. Auburn is the people who care about Auburn, the people who love Auburn. Wherever they are, that’s Auburn, Auburn is in your heart. You play for it."

- Reggie Torbor

« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2010, 07:30:14 AM »
What's interesting is that Coleman has always been considered a "soft commit" simply because he said he'd take visits.  Until now, I always took him at his word that he was 100%, but was going to take visits just to take them.  But with Stone looking at Tennessee, I could see Alabama turning up the pressure and giving him something to think about.

With this many top recruits, we're bound to lose one along the way...this could be the one (one of the ones).

Coleman and DJ Howard seem to be the two most likely to bail.  We'll only know on Feb 3.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2010, 09:42:51 AM »
Coleman and DJ Howard seem to be the two most likely to bail.  We'll only know on Feb 3.

Howard definitely.  I read the AU Coaches were a little upset with him for the Clemson trip without telling them. I am not sure how good the relationship is now.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2010, 09:48:20 AM »
I don't get the Coleman thing. Why the hell would he want to go to uat? I could see maybe if the roles were reversed, but he WILL play this upcoming season at Auburn. He'll be fourth string at uat.

WTF?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2010, 10:36:33 AM »

I have a friend that graduated at CU and he follows recruiting pretty close.  He doesn't have any inside sources or anything like that, but he seems to believe that if Beasley takes a visit this weekend to AU that we will pretty much be trading out Howard for Beasley.  He said this was the feeling of a lot of CU people he interacts with.

Chizadd:  All it takes is his coach convincing him that he is good enough to crack the rotation for any team in D-1 and he will start to believe it.  Maybe that is why the depth chart doesn't scare him. 

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

jadennis

« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2010, 10:50:34 AM »
I have a friend that graduated at CU and he follows recruiting pretty close.  He doesn't have any inside sources or anything like that, but he seems to believe that if Beasley takes a visit this weekend to AU that we will pretty much be trading out Howard for Beasley.  He said this was the feeling of a lot of CU people he interacts with.

Chizadd:  All it takes is his coach convincing him that he is good enough to crack the rotation for any team in D-1 and he will start to believe it.  Maybe that is why the depth chart doesn't scare him.  

As of right now, Beasley isn't getting anything from Auburn coaches.  Even though the services list it, I don't think he even has a solid offer from Auburn as of right now.  I guess anything is possible, but another linebacker/athlete type is not where our staff is looking right now.  They are after tackles and ends, Lattimore, and maybe Ambles.  

The only way I could see Beasley coming back onto their radar is if we somehow knew ahead of time that we weren't getting Lemonier, Whitaker, Jones, etc.  But obviously we won't know about them until signing day....hence, I don't see how we'll be able to go after Beasley.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

- Reggie Torbor

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2010, 11:33:56 AM »
The only one I am feeling really good and solid about is Whitaker and even that one is not 100%.

I think of all these recruits he is the only one we lead for. I think even USCe leads for Lattimore. Then there is the story of Lattimore and the kid with the hat who has cancer. Read that one yesterday. They seem to be confident they will get him up in Columbia. If they don't, I think the state will riot.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

No Huddle

• Grow up Peter Pan, Count Chocula.
« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2010, 11:39:11 AM »
From what I heard Allen is still going to Alabama and Coleman is still going to allbarn. The only thing I heard is that Allen's brother may be a greyshirt offer for 2011 and if Arie commits elsewhere Coleman will be in Saban's crosshairs. BUT this could all be crap.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2010, 10:28:48 PM by No Huddle »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"So I want everybody to think here for a second, how much does this game mean to you? 'Cause if it means something to you, you can't stand still. You understand? You play fast! You play strong! You go out there and dominate the man you're playing against, and you make his ass quit! That's our trademark! That's our M.O.... as a team! That's what people know us as!" ~ Nick Saban

Token

« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2010, 08:11:33 PM »
Bama skreets --

My guy nailed the Eric Mack situation a month before he announced. I trust him very much and from what he told me, its a done deal. Coleman will get his offer and ink with the Tide. Don't hate me if something happens but if I had a "hotboard" it would be at 90%.

Thing about the skreets?  Always an out.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Token

« Reply #11 on: January 27, 2010, 11:07:45 PM »
And let me go ahead and get this on record.  

IF Saban offers Zach Maynard a scholarship just so Keenan Allen stays committed, I'll be uber-pissed.  Fuck any player who thinks they are worth 2 scholarships.   :hulk:
« Last Edit: January 27, 2010, 11:08:55 PM by Token »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Token

« Reply #12 on: January 27, 2010, 11:20:28 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jadennis

« Reply #13 on: January 28, 2010, 11:02:49 AM »
Another question for the Bama skreets....

How many kids is Saban taking this year?  For Auburn, we can take 33 total, because we have 5 to put towards last year.  Looking at Rivals list for Alabama, it shows EIGHT kids already enrolled.  Any idea if any of those are counting towards last year?  They are at 24 commits right now, with Arie Kouandjio and James Stone still likely to sign. 

So how many do you expect Alabama to take?  Just the 28 max?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

- Reggie Torbor

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #14 on: January 28, 2010, 11:50:16 AM »

How many kids is Saban taking this year?  For Auburn, we can take 33 total, because we have 5 to put towards last year.  Looking at Rivals list for Alabama, it shows EIGHT kids already enrolled.  Any idea if any of those are counting towards last year?  They are at 24 commits right now, with Arie Kouandjio and James Stone still likely to sign. 

They just signed a 3* nose guard too.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jadennis

« Reply #15 on: January 28, 2010, 12:39:51 PM »
They just signed a 3* nose guard too.

He's a big sum-bitch too, 6'3" 330 lbs.  They must plan on putting another 30 lbs on him and making Mt. Ivory.

This commitment is more proof that coaches don't care what recruiting services and other schools think.  He's a 3-star, and not even a high one, that had offers from Memphis, Southern Miss, Arkansas State, Missouri State, and Morgan State.

Watch for this statement following Ivory's first career tackle, "Saban is a genius at finding that diamond in the rough that no one else saw...first Cody, now Ivory...he's infallible". 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

- Reggie Torbor

RWS

• The guy your mother warned you about
« Reply #16 on: January 28, 2010, 01:15:08 PM »
This commitment is more proof that coaches don't care what recruiting services and other schools think.  He's a 3-star, and not even a high one, that had offers from Memphis, Southern Miss, Arkansas State, Missouri State, and Morgan State.
Sort of like Marcel Dareus, who was a 3* and had only 4 SEC offers (UA, AU, UT, Arky). Then you have guys like Javier Arenas who had like 1 other offer other than UA, Rashad Johnson who was a walk-on, etc etc. You just don't know. I don't know anything about this kid other than what I saw in his highlight video. Seems to have a pretty good motor for such a big guy, but needs to work on technique.

As far as how many we're going to take, I expect us to take the full 28.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2010, 01:20:07 PM by RWS »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

Token

« Reply #17 on: January 28, 2010, 01:23:32 PM »

From what I understand, although Bama already has 8 early enrollments, the only ones who are allowed to back-count are kids who signed before NSD.  So, Brandon Lewis is the only one of the enrollments who can count back.  If that's the case, Bama can only sign 29.  I have no clue how many we actually sign.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

• The guy your mother warned you about
« Reply #18 on: January 28, 2010, 01:30:13 PM »
A wild card here is whether Keenan Allen will decommit or not. I think Alabama will have an in-home with him today or tomorrow, can't remember which. Clemson is pushing hard and they have extended an offer to his brother. If Alabama offers his brother as well, I would imagine he would stick with Alabama. But if we didn't, and he switched, I could certainly understand that. Family comes first.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

No Huddle

• Grow up Peter Pan, Count Chocula.
« Reply #19 on: January 28, 2010, 01:41:11 PM »
From what I understand, although Bama already has 8 early enrollments, the only ones who are allowed to back-count are kids who signed before NSD.  So, Brandon Lewis is the only one of the enrollments who can count back.  If that's the case, Bama can only sign 29.  I have no clue how many we actually sign.

I am with token here 29 and pissed if bama offered his brother as well.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"So I want everybody to think here for a second, how much does this game mean to you? 'Cause if it means something to you, you can't stand still. You understand? You play fast! You play strong! You go out there and dominate the man you're playing against, and you make his ass quit! That's our trademark! That's our M.O.... as a team! That's what people know us as!" ~ Nick Saban