Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Our local Bammers...

jadennis

Re: Our local Bammers...
« Reply #20 on: January 28, 2010, 02:28:49 PM »
If the number is 28 or 29, then I'm wondering (like I did in another thread) why taking Coleman is a "numbers" thing.  The implication from the Bama beat writer is that Coleman is totally sold on Alabama and they are simply trying to make the numbers work.  Alabama currently has 25 commits (with the new Ivory kid).  So that leaves either 3 or 4 open spots.

Arie Kouandjio is the only one we think for sure is bama bound.  Even if they add Stone, that still leaves 1 or 2 spots.  I can't imagine there is anyone else on Alabama's board that would be higher than Coleman.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"To me Auburn is not in Auburn, Alabama. Auburn is the people who care about Auburn, the people who love Auburn. Wherever they are, that’s Auburn, Auburn is in your heart. You play for it."

- Reggie Torbor

Token

« Reply #21 on: January 28, 2010, 02:51:04 PM »
If the number is 28 or 29, then I'm wondering (like I did in another thread) why taking Coleman is a "numbers" thing.  The implication from the Bama beat writer is that Coleman is totally sold on Alabama and they are simply trying to make the numbers work.  Alabama currently has 25 commits (with the new Ivory kid).  So that leaves either 3 or 4 open spots.

Arie Kouandjio is the only one we think for sure is bama bound.  Even if they add Stone, that still leaves 1 or 2 spots.  I can't imagine there is anyone else on Alabama's board that would be higher than Coleman.

I'm thinking the number crunch is probably going to be more towards the 85 than the 28. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

• The guy your mother warned you about
« Reply #22 on: January 28, 2010, 03:12:35 PM »
I'm thinking the number crunch is probably going to be more towards the 85 than the 28. 
I think you are correct. I think right now the number is around 9 as far as over the 85 limit. The NCAA limit that you can bring in is 25, so that figure of 9 is using the number 25 in the incoming class. So, that means there are 9 guys (roughly, since some guys we don't really know if they are on scholarship or not) that will either have to not make the grade, be cut from the team, transfer, etc etc.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

jadennis

« Reply #23 on: January 28, 2010, 06:57:29 PM »
Read somewhere that they have two gray shirts carried over from last year likely only have one spot left.  Who knows for sure?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"To me Auburn is not in Auburn, Alabama. Auburn is the people who care about Auburn, the people who love Auburn. Wherever they are, that’s Auburn, Auburn is in your heart. You play for it."

- Reggie Torbor

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #24 on: January 28, 2010, 07:42:33 PM »
will either have to not make the grade, be cut from the team, transfer, etc etc.
Pushed up a flight of stairs....Medical Hardships for some injury that occurred in Park Ball....etc, etc.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

RWS

« Reply #25 on: January 29, 2010, 08:44:27 AM »
Pushed up a flight of stairs....Medical Hardships for some injury that occurred in Park Ball....etc, etc.
Another example of why you are a moron. Even while AU is short 15 scholarship players, Chizik is still cutting people from the team. Get over it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #26 on: January 29, 2010, 09:10:05 AM »
Read somewhere that they have two gray shirts carried over from last year likely only have one spot left.  Who knows for sure?

Barring something weird or a drastic change of heart, Coleman is heading to Bama.

And about the numbers - they will work. It has a lot to do with technicalities and greyshirts from last year (mainly Petey Smith and the term 'LOI').
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

RWS

« Reply #27 on: January 29, 2010, 09:40:21 AM »
Barring something weird or a drastic change of heart, Coleman is heading to Bama.
I just really don't see it happening. We've taken alot of OL in the past two classes, and we don't lose much in the way of starters in the next two years. AU loses 4 OL after this season. But then again, AU might be in for a rough time replacing a QB and RB this season, then having a totally rebuilt OL full of young talent next season. Who knows. But I think it would be big if he went to Alabama. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #28 on: January 29, 2010, 10:06:47 AM »
I just really don't see it happening. We've taken alot of OL in the past two classes, and we don't lose much in the way of starters in the next two years. AU loses 4 OL after this season. But then again, AU might be in for a rough time replacing a QB and RB this season, then having a totally rebuilt OL full of young talent next season. Who knows. But I think it would be big if he went to Alabama. 

Of course you do. 

At the same time you nonchalantly note that it wouldn't mean anything at all if he didn't. 

Pathetic, RWS. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

RWS

« Reply #29 on: January 29, 2010, 10:12:03 AM »
Of course you do. 

At the same time you nonchalantly note that it wouldn't mean anything at all if he didn't. 

Pathetic, RWS. 
By noting that it would be big if he went to Alabama, I think it automatically implies that he is a hot commodity. Otherwise, it wouldn't be big. It would be big in the sense that he's a 5* recruit, and in the sense that he had been committed to AU and Alabama flipped him. If Alabama doesn't flip him? Big get for AU.

Does that make your vagina feel a little better?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Token

« Reply #30 on: January 29, 2010, 10:48:56 AM »
And let me go ahead and get this on record.  

IF Saban offers Zach Maynard a scholarship just so Keenan Allen stays committed, I'll be uber-pissed.  phuk any player who thinks they are worth 2 scholarships.   :hulk:

:hulk: :hulk: :hulk:

:suicide: :suicide: :suicide:

Fucking no talent coattail riding cocksucker.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
« Reply #31 on: January 29, 2010, 10:56:39 AM »
:hulk: :hulk: :hulk:

:suicide: :suicide: :suicide:

Fucking no talent coattail riding cocksucker.
So, from this subtle response, I'm assuming he did offer?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Redskins cornerback DeAngelo Hall said, "Guys don't mind hitting Michael Vick in the open field, but when you see Cam, you have to think about how you're going to tackle him. He's like a big tight end coming at you."

GH2001

« Reply #32 on: January 29, 2010, 11:20:30 AM »

Look at it for second and it really makes a ton of sense.

We have a 5 star commit and top 25 overall. He is taking trips to BAMA and MIAMI less than week before signing day. That is NOT good. Is there a chance he sticks with Au? Yes, but I think its more likely he goes to Bama, especially after losing Stone.  It would really shock me if he stuck with his commit to AU.  That is the thing with these 17 yr olds. It is very unpredictable but as of right now he is yours to lose RWS. I have never hoped I was so wrong in a LONG LONG time.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

RWS

« Reply #33 on: January 29, 2010, 11:31:57 AM »
Look at it for second and it really makes a ton of sense.

We have a 5 star commit and top 25 overall. He is taking trips to BAMA and MIAMI less than week before signing day. That is NOT good. Is there a chance he sticks with Au? Yes, but I think its more likely he goes to Bama, especially after losing Stone.  It would really shock me if he stuck with his commit to AU.  That is the thing with these 17 yr olds. It is very unpredictable but as of right now he is yours to lose RWS. I have never hoped I was so wrong in a LONG LONG time.
Well, I can't say I will be unhappy if you are right. For all we know, he could simply be just enjoying some free perks of being a highly rated recruit. Like you said, 17 year old kids are unpredictable.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #34 on: January 29, 2010, 11:36:06 AM »
Well, I can't say I will be unhappy if you are right. For all we know, he could simply be just enjoying some free perks of being a highly rated recruit. Like you said, 17 year old kids are unpredictable.

True true - very unpredictable. If Chiz somehow keeps him, it would be his biggest move of this recruiting season. And he would definitely deserve praise holding off Saban and Shannon. It would be quit a feat.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

No Huddle

• Grow up Peter Pan, Count Chocula.
« Reply #35 on: January 29, 2010, 11:46:18 AM »
So, from this subtle response, I'm assuming he did offer?

Word is he did. Also Allen, his brother and Coleman are going to sign with Alabama. I am not 100% with that just what I am hearing.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"So I want everybody to think here for a second, how much does this game mean to you? 'Cause if it means something to you, you can't stand still. You understand? You play fast! You play strong! You go out there and dominate the man you're playing against, and you make his ass quit! That's our trademark! That's our M.O.... as a team! That's what people know us as!" ~ Nick Saban

jadennis

« Reply #36 on: January 29, 2010, 11:49:38 AM »
I just read this on a website.

"Word is he did. Also Allen, his brother and Coleman are going to sign with Alabama. I am not 100% with that just what I am hearing".

Doesn't sound good for Auburn.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

- Reggie Torbor

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #37 on: January 29, 2010, 11:55:27 AM »
hahahaha....

What the fuck? People are quoting message boards but not quoting them. People are quoting posts right before them and reading that from another message board....

hahaha...

No one knows shit except he went to Alabama...and MAY go to Miami...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

No Huddle

• Grow up Peter Pan, Count Chocula.
« Reply #38 on: January 29, 2010, 01:05:19 PM »
hahahaha....

What the phuk? People are quoting message boards but not quoting them. People are quoting posts right before them and reading that from another message board....

hahaha...

No one knows poop except he went to Alabama...and MAY go to Miami...

I also read somewhere that "no one knows poop except he went to Alabama...and MAY go to Miami..." if  I hear more I will let you know.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"So I want everybody to think here for a second, how much does this game mean to you? 'Cause if it means something to you, you can't stand still. You understand? You play fast! You play strong! You go out there and dominate the man you're playing against, and you make his ass quit! That's our trademark! That's our M.O.... as a team! That's what people know us as!" ~ Nick Saban

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #39 on: January 29, 2010, 01:40:43 PM »
I am hearing a bunch of chatter on teh innarwebs now that he may or may not be committing to alabama.  More to come.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.