Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

In Memory of Paul Bryant (September 11, 1913 – January 26, 1983)

Birmingham

Re: In Memory of Paul Bryant (September 11, 1913 – January 26, 1983)
« Reply #40 on: January 27, 2010, 08:56:57 PM »
By the way you phuking mutt, did you serve in the military?  Simple question.  Don't say poop about people who were willing to.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #41 on: January 27, 2010, 09:10:32 PM »
By the way you phuking mutt, did you serve in the military?  Simple question.  Don't say poop about people who were willing to.
I did.  Air Force '02-'06.  I'm still on call....just in case.  Basically, if we ever have to do a Draft...which we won't, but if we ever have to, I'll be the first ones called up right before the Draft hits.  My Call Up status ends in December of 2012.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

Birmingham

« Reply #42 on: January 27, 2010, 09:23:43 PM »
I did.  Air Force '02-'06.  I'm still on call....just in case.  Basically, if we ever have to do a Draft...which we won't, but if we ever have to, I'll be the first ones called up right before the Draft hits.  My Call Up status ends in December of 2012.

I was talking to the mutt that goes by Kaos.  Sorry for the confusion.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #43 on: January 27, 2010, 09:29:19 PM »
I was talking to the mutt that goes by Kaos.  Sorry for the confusion.
I know.  I was just posting.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #44 on: January 28, 2010, 09:40:23 AM »

This is a stupid question. 

I didn't have to serve in the military to recognize true heroism from a sideline sitter. Shug Jordan was a true American hero, decorated for his service.  Bryant washed his underwear. 

But since you asked, nope.  Vietnam was over when I was of age and the wars in the Middle East didn't come along until I was already past the prime age of service.  Not that it matters. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #45 on: January 28, 2010, 10:16:35 AM »

I could careless what Bryant DIDN'T do. I think K's emphasis was more on what Shug DID do. Dude was a hero and you cannot ever take that away.

And I know you are asking Kaos, but for the record I was in the NG. No - its not the 75th Ranger Regiment, but it was something.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #46 on: January 28, 2010, 10:22:46 AM »
Finally remembered to download my cell phone pics...

He still looks good, no?
« Last Edit: January 28, 2010, 10:47:40 AM by Buzz Killington »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #47 on: January 28, 2010, 10:35:11 AM »
I could careless what Bryant DIDN'T do. I think K's emphasis was more on what Shug DID do. Dude was a hero and you cannot ever take that away.

And I know you are asking Kaos, but for the record I was in the NG. No - its not the 75th Ranger Regiment, but it was something.

I think what he didn't do is part of it. 

Dumbingham posted that picture as an effort to magnify the greatness of a sodden bastard, pointing to his great service to the country. 

Well fuck-a-diddle.  He didn't do shit.   He's no different than Earnest T. Bass.  He got him a uneeform. 

Shug?  True hero, though.  That part of his story is not told nearly enough.  Could it be that his tremendous service, his devotion to country and to duty made him aware of what was truly important in life while a booze-addled wanna-be tin soldier got his priorities mixed up (and has thus fucked the mushy minds of a legion of dullard followers?)
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #48 on: January 28, 2010, 10:43:45 AM »
The important thing to remember though, is that bammers never bring up the Bahr. It's always us dumb jealous barners.

:rolleyes:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Birmingham

« Reply #49 on: January 28, 2010, 01:05:05 PM »
I think what he didn't do is part of it.  

Dumbingham posted that picture as an effort to magnify the greatness of a sodden bastard, pointing to his great service to the country.  

Well phuk-a-diddle.  He didn't do poop.   He's no different than Earnest T. Bass.  He got him a uneeform.  

Shug?  True hero, though.  That part of his story is not told nearly enough.  Could it be that his tremendous service, his devotion to country and to duty made him aware of what was truly important in life while a booze-addled wanna-be tin soldier got his priorities mixed up (and has thus phuked the mushy minds of a legion of dullard followers?)

Well now I'm confused, it appears that you're the only one that didn't do something.  The rest of us did do something.  As for Coach Bryant.  When pursuing to be a head football coach, and appearing to be the front runner of the Arkansas Head coaching job, WWII broke out.  Instead of taking the job he enlisted in the Navy.  Not because he had to, not because he was headed down a dead end job, he was about to become the Head coach and instead he enlisted.  He would eventually be discharged as a lieutenant commander.

Now since, as you say, you didn't do anything, I'll explain it to you.  I don't expect you to know this or understand it since you're attempting to argue the military career of an enlistee when in fact you yourself didn't serve.  When you enlist, the government owns you and tells you when to sleep, eat, where to go, who to shoot, etc.  Trying to somehow defame Bryant's military career  based on how great anothers was is as hard as me saying Shug had an unsuccessful military career because Patton's was better.  In no way does me stating that take anything away of Shug's career and his willingness to have one.  Nor does what Shug did deduct from Bryant's.  After all, they were on the same team.  A team in which you weren't apart of.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2010, 01:14:39 PM by Birmingham »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #50 on: January 28, 2010, 01:33:11 PM »
Well now I'm confused, it appears that you're the only one that didn't do something.  The rest of us did do something.  As for Coach Bryant.  When pursuing to be a head football coach, and appearing to be the front runner of the Arkansas Head coaching job, WWII broke out.  Instead of taking the job he enlisted in the Navy.  Not because he had to, not because he was headed down a dead end job, he was about to become the Head coach and instead he enlisted.  He would eventually be discharged as a lieutenant commander.

Now since, as you say, you didn't do anything, I'll explain it to you.  I don't expect you to know this or understand it since you're attempting to argue the military career of an enlistee when in fact you yourself didn't serve.  When you enlist, the government owns you and tells you when to sleep, eat, where to go, who to shoot, etc.  Trying to somehow defame Bryant's military career  based on how great anothers was is as hard as me saying Shug had an unsuccessful military career because Patton's was better.  In no way does me stating that take anything away of Shug's career and his willingness to have one.  Nor does what Shug did deduct from Bryant's.  After all, they were on the same team.  A team in which you weren't apart of.

Earnest T. Bear

That is all.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2010, 01:34:03 PM by Kaos »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #51 on: January 28, 2010, 02:08:36 PM »
Earnest T. Bear

That is all.

You're off today K. He wrote a pretty decent response and that is it? Cmon, I want some action here...  :poke:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #52 on: January 28, 2010, 03:04:08 PM »
You're off today K. He wrote a pretty decent response and that is it? Cmon, I want some action here...  :poke:

His pathetic response and attempt to obscure the records can suck my balls.  Period.  

BTW, I won't argue that Shug's military career wasn't as distinguished as Patton's.  If we're comparing the two I would gladly acknowledge that Patton was the better military man. 

But we're not comparing Shug to the General, are we?  We're comparing a highly decorated soldier to a glorified desk jockey.   

So I have no trouble whatsoever acknowledging that Shug's service and valor was greater. 

Yes, Carnell Williams and Rick Pollard both were members of the 2004 Auburn football team.  One was a soldier, the other... well... I don't even know who he is.   

« Last Edit: January 28, 2010, 03:09:46 PM by Kaos »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Birmingham

« Reply #53 on: January 28, 2010, 03:25:48 PM »
But we're not comparing Shug to the General, are we?  We're comparing a highly decorated soldier to a glorified desk jockey.   

No... "we're" not comparing anything.  "You" are comparing Shug to Bryant.  You took it upon yourself to bring Shug up out of nowhere and compare him to Bryant.  Because of that, I now bring up veterans that enjoyed a more successful career than Shug.  See how that works?  Probably not.  Whatever you may or may not be comprehending out of this I want you to know that Earnest T. Bass and his un-ee-form are worth more than you and your Abercrombie shirt.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #54 on: January 28, 2010, 03:34:36 PM »
No... "we're" not comparing anything.  "You" are comparing Shug to Bryant.  You took it upon yourself to bring Shug up out of nowhere and compare him to Bryant.  Because of that, I now bring up veterans that enjoyed a more successful career than Shug.  See how that works?  Probably not.  Whatever you may or may not be comprehending out of this I want you to know that Earnest T. Bass and his un-ee-form are worth more than you and your Abercrombie shirt.

You're stupid. 

You posted a photo of Bryant in a military uniform as if that somehow enhanced his greatness or mystique. 

I merely pointed out that he was a military zero whereas his rival, Shug, was a true American hero. 

The remainder has you been babbling on attempting to rescue your idol's diminished image. 

Just like E.T. Bass, Bear got him a uneeform and nothing else from his service.

Fuck you, douchebag. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #55 on: January 28, 2010, 03:58:59 PM »
You're stupid. 

You posted a photo of Bryant in a military uniform as if that somehow enhanced his greatness or mystique. 

I merely pointed out that he was a military zero whereas his rival, Shug, was a true American hero. 

The remainder has you been babbling on attempting to rescue your idol's diminished image. 

Just like E.T. Bass, Bear got him a uneeform and nothing else from his service.

phuk you, douchebag. 

Now - thats what I was looking for. Proud of you son. LOL
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Birmingham

« Reply #56 on: January 28, 2010, 04:32:56 PM »
Whatever you felt when seeing a picture of Paul Bryant in a military uniform is in no way an indication that my intentions for posting it must be the same.  I was posting pictures that weren't ordinarily seen.  Paul with the Auburn Cheerleaders etc.  Who knew you felt so insecure about your Abercrombie shirt?  Not me, that's for sure.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2010, 04:35:38 PM by Birmingham »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #57 on: January 28, 2010, 04:45:54 PM »
Whatever you felt when seeing a picture of Paul Bryant in a military uniform is in no way an indication that my intentions for posting it must be the same.  I was posting pictures that weren't ordinarily seen.  Paul with the Auburn Cheerleaders etc.  Who knew you felt so insecure about your Abercrombie shirt?  Not me, that's for sure.

Oh BULLSHIT you fucking fuck.  Sell that retard dough on some other corner. 

You posted that picture to magnify your deity.  Too bad it was just a suit of clothes and represented nothing.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Birmingham

« Reply #58 on: January 28, 2010, 05:26:51 PM »
Oh BULLpoop you phuking phuk.  Sell that retard dough on some other corner. 

You posted that picture to magnify your deity.  Too bad it was just a suit of clothes and represented nothing.

How's the Abercrombie shirt feel.  Safe perhaps?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
« Reply #59 on: January 28, 2010, 05:42:10 PM »
How's the Abercrombie shirt feel.  Safe perhaps?
Do you serve in the Military?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Redskins cornerback DeAngelo Hall said, "Guys don't mind hitting Michael Vick in the open field, but when you see Cam, you have to think about how you're going to tackle him. He's like a big tight end coming at you."