Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Peyton Manning

AUsweetheart

• 13....LOL
Re: Peyton Manning
« Reply #60 on: January 20, 2010, 02:28:22 PM »
It has nothing to do with the Cowboys. I have never liked the saints. I think it is the whole dumb ass "who dat" bullshit they do. I just don't like them at all. Never have.

Anyway, I would rather see Peyton Manning and Favre in the Super Bowl. SO, I stand by my saying, fuck da saints in da mouf...
Completely agree. Except I used to kind of like the Saints....until I moved to NO. It took me about 5 seconds to hate their fans...which makes sense since they also make up the fan base of LSU. Obnoxious fuckers.

I know Romo isnt the man. I never said he was. But Sunday wasn't his fault. Dallas' OL couldnt block a HS team Sunday.  Btw - Dallas gave up a grand total of 190 yards through 3.5 quarters to the Vikes. So I'd say the D held them in check pretty well.

The D is the only reason it wasn't 400 to 3. They kept Dallas in the game as long as they could...they were fucking tired by the end...I think everyone on this board can identify with that. The NFL doesn't worry about class though, IMHO.

I agree the O line got beat the fuck up, but Tony Romo couldn't hold on to the ball to save his life. UNLESS of course he was about to GET sacked...then he couldn't let it go. FUCK him.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A national championship is a wonderful thing, but if you're not enough without it, you'll never be enough with it.

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #61 on: January 20, 2010, 02:28:43 PM »
It's classless in competition of any substance.

Says the guy with no defense.....
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #62 on: January 20, 2010, 02:29:53 PM »
I guess college=NFL now?

do it in college=no class. In the NFL=no defense.

Exactly.

People on here were bitching when Saban did it to Texas. Except Saban was actually running the ball, not trying to drop bombs on 4th down with the game in hand.

Its wrong on any level.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

jadennis

« Reply #63 on: January 20, 2010, 02:51:39 PM »
Up big, late against Jackie O. Could have took a knee and not scored the last one.  Probably would have been the most sporting thing to do.  We did not.  I didn't mind.  Jackie O had it coming IMO but was just making the point that we are guilty of running it up as well from time to time.

I didn't like Jackie "learn how to cheat from the Bear" either, but come on Sani, you know Tuberville wasn't the type to run it up.  

Auburn started the 4th quarter up 21-14.  We ran 9 plays for 67 yards and a TD to make it 28-14.  After scoring, we kicked off and they fumbled on their own 15 yard line.  At that point, there was 10 minutes left, so of course, up two TDs with over 10 minutes to go, we tried our hardest to score....which took less than two minutes on three Cadillac Williams runs for another TD.

That made it 35-14....but still with over 9 minutes left in the game.  So we kick off to them, and again, they run three plays and fumble at the 50 yard line.

At this point, we take over with 9:14 on the clock, at the 50 yard line.

What do we do?  Ronnie Brown is in for Cadillac, and we here is our play calling:

Ronnie Brown rushed left side for 6 yards.
Ronnie Brown rushed up middle for 14 yards.
Ronnie Brown rushed up middle for 14 yards.
Penalty Auburn, 5 yards.
Ronnie Brown rushed up the middle for 2 yards.
Ronnie Brown rushed up middle for 5 yards.
Ronnie Brown rushed up middle for 4 yards.
Penalty Auburn, 5 yards.
Chris Butler rushed up the middle for 2 yards.
Chris Butler rushed up the middle for 2 yards.
Brandon Johnson rushed up the middle for 1 yard...TD...Auburn leads 41-14.

That was 9 straight rushes that took the clock from 9:14 down to 2:50.

We kicked off and they ran exactly three plays before turning it over to us again...in a pick this time.

So Auburn comes back in with the ball with 2:20 left.

We ran Trey Smith three times before Jason Campbell took a knee on the MSU 8 yard line.

So yeah, we piled on some points, but it wasn't remotely like the Vikings having their starter throw a down field TD pass with the game in hand.  Auburn ran some plays on short fields, ran off some clock, and ultimately took a knee inside the opponents 10 yard line.

To me, that's how you end a game.  We took over two minutes off the game in just four plays, including a kneel down on 4th down.  You don't pull that Vikings poop.  And I have always like Favre....not sure what vendetta he has for Dallas.  (maybe it's because he lost to Dallas in the NFC championship game in 1996?).
« Last Edit: January 20, 2010, 02:54:17 PM by jadennis »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"To me Auburn is not in Auburn, Alabama. Auburn is the people who care about Auburn, the people who love Auburn. Wherever they are, that’s Auburn, Auburn is in your heart. You play for it."

- Reggie Torbor

jmar

« Reply #64 on: January 20, 2010, 02:57:59 PM »
I'm feeling better about Tubs already.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #65 on: January 20, 2010, 03:25:11 PM »
I never said Tuberville was the type to run it up.  Do not put those words in my mouth but opinions are very subjective, based on who is having them.  I bet there were a lot of people in maroon that day that did not feel the same way.

A number of people (myself included) are happy to see us go three and in.  Put the ole foot on the neck and rip out the juggler.  If you ask a lot of Auburn folks they will tell you that has always been part of our problem.  When we have folks down we don't/won't put them away.

All I was getting at was that let's not act like we have never been above reproach in that regard.  I bet La Monroe would have another view on it as well.

If you want to know what I thought was really shitty when we played MSU was in 2003 and Jacobs had been having the best game of his Auburn career between the 20's and Carnell was brought in to punch them on in and get the TD record.  I thought that was cheap to the record and to Jacobs.  Does it mean it was?  No.  Means it's my opinion of it and I would have not done it that way on either count.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2010, 03:40:56 PM by Saniflush »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

jadennis

« Reply #66 on: January 20, 2010, 03:38:43 PM »
I never said Tuberville was the type to run it up.  Do not put those words in my mouth but opinions are very subjective, based on who is having them.  I bet there were a lot of people in maroon that day that did not feel the same way.

A number of people (myself included) are happy to see us go three and in.  Put the ole foot on the neck and rip out the juggler.  If you ask a lot of Auburn folks they will tell you that has always been part of our problem.  When we have folks down we don't/won't put them away.

All I was getting at was that let's not act like we have never been above reproach in that regard.  I bet La Monroe would have another view on it as well.

True, true, fans on the other side surely saw some of it different.  And I don't think we're beyond reproach on the subject, especially against the lambs we bring in to slaughter on Homecoming weekends, but I do think the coaches we've had through the years were of the kind of character that you wouldn't see them throwing long TD passes, up 21 with less than 3 minutes to go. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"To me Auburn is not in Auburn, Alabama. Auburn is the people who care about Auburn, the people who love Auburn. Wherever they are, that’s Auburn, Auburn is in your heart. You play for it."

- Reggie Torbor

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #67 on: January 20, 2010, 03:42:38 PM »
, but I do think the coaches we've had through the years were of the kind of character that you wouldn't see them throwing long TD passes, up 21 with less than 3 minutes to go. 

Agree here. 
There is a fine line in the whole deal.  You don't very well send your 2nd or 3rd team in and tell them to do less than their best either.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

GH2001

« Reply #68 on: January 20, 2010, 03:58:07 PM »
group hug guys.... :clap:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #69 on: January 20, 2010, 04:02:39 PM »
group hug guys.... :clap:

Can't we just fuck it out?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

boartitz

« Reply #70 on: January 20, 2010, 06:41:15 PM »
We've been shitstomped enough lately, I don't mind a little payback on some teams.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #71 on: January 21, 2010, 03:21:12 PM »
Put the ole foot on the neck and rip out the juggler.  

What'd he ever do to you?

« Last Edit: January 21, 2010, 03:22:08 PM by Kaos »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #72 on: January 21, 2010, 03:36:57 PM »
What'd he ever do to you?

Good point maybe we should rip out their balls instead.
(damn I hate when I spell the completely wrong word correctly)
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tiger Wench

• Does this armour make my ass look big?
« Reply #73 on: January 21, 2010, 03:52:08 PM »
Good point maybe we should rip out their balls instead.(damn I hate when I spell the completely wrong word correctly)
I actually gave you the benefit of the doubt on that one - figured you were going for the "humourous misspell" ploy instead of the "totally fucked up wrong word" gambit...

You disappoint me, H.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Mr. Sensible

« Reply #74 on: January 21, 2010, 03:55:49 PM »
Fuck Peyton Manning. I hate that somebitch.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tiger Wench

• Does this armour make my ass look big?
« Reply #75 on: January 21, 2010, 04:09:40 PM »
Fuck Peyton Manning. I hate that somebitch.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Mr. Sensible

« Reply #76 on: January 21, 2010, 04:13:14 PM »

That's what the Bammers say when I hate them. Not even close.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #77 on: January 21, 2010, 10:18:50 PM »
That's what the Bammers say when I hate them. Not even close.

You're jealous....

and Peyton aint Bammers. Please dont compare the two.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Mr. Sensible

« Reply #78 on: January 22, 2010, 08:10:14 AM »
You're jealous....

and Peyton aint Bammers. Please dont compare the two.

He's a Vol. Same difference in my book.

I'm not a football player for a living so I have nothing to be jealous of. Enjoy your Peyton fest though. Woo hoo.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #79 on: January 22, 2010, 09:41:40 AM »
He's a Vol. Same difference in my book.

I'm not a football player for a living so I have nothing to be jealous of. Enjoy your Peyton fest though. Woo hoo.

Asshole....but I stills gotz mad respect for ya sensi..... :bar:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE