Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Peyton Manning

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
Re: Peyton Manning
« Reply #20 on: January 18, 2010, 06:26:09 PM »
Not only does he throw for more yards and more TDs, he throws fewer picks and with the highest completion %.  Without looking at it, I would have guessed Montana was the most accurate, that Favre, Marino, and Elway had the most 25+ TD season, etc.  But the thing is, Manning does everything better than all of these guys....yards, accuracy, TDs, overall rating, etc.

By the way, I know Bradshaw played in a different era.  But still, even being a warrior, winner, and leader...his stats are mediocre at best.  He was known for being the leader of a team stocked full of hall-of-famers and winning Super Bowls.  He is kind of football's version of Reggie Jackson.  Jackson was known for hitting big-time home runs and winning World Series, but he's a career .262 hitter.

You can't just sluff off it being a different era.  It was a different GAME, too.  Who knows what Bradshaw or Unitas would do if they throw 50 times a game and used all the underneath stuff that's evolved over the years. 

I'd still take Bradshaw.  If nothing else, he could whip Peyton's ass and take his lunch money. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #21 on: January 18, 2010, 06:28:33 PM »
But as good as Montana was, I really do think you could have plugged in a lot of less heralded guys (like Warren Moon) and gotten the same (or better?) results.

Absolutely not.  No.  I don't think that at all.  Not a chance.  Not a chance in hell.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

chinook

« Reply #22 on: January 18, 2010, 06:50:47 PM »

I know, the swap game doesn't work....different teams, different eras, etc.  But as good as Montana was, I really do think you could have plugged in a lot of less heralded guys (like Warren Moon) and gotten the same (or better?) results.

Yankees suck.   ;)

warren moon couldn't grip montana's schick razor.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

eagleair89

• Horny Rabbit
« Reply #23 on: January 18, 2010, 06:59:05 PM »
Agree with Kaos about "replacing" Joe with Schmoe, it can't be done:

Montana Post Season:

460-734 5772 yds 62.7% 45 TD 21 INT 95.3 rating Post season record= 16-7 (70%)

(Montana won over 70% of all the games he started...reg & post season)

Bradshaw Post Season:

262-456 3835 yds 57.2% 30 TD 26 INT Record= 14-5 (74%)

Manning Post Season:

323-529 3960 yds 61% 21 TD 16 INT 84.7 rating Post Season Record = 6-8 (43%)

Montana's 45/21 TD/INT is IMPRESSIVE.  Manning can in no way be considered with in the top 5 all time QB's with a losing play-off record (imho).  6-8 will not cut it when compared to Bradshaw, Montana, Aikman & Brady.

Peyton still has time.....I enjoy watching him play........and my hunch is between now and when they both retire, Peyton's career will be more impressive than Brady's.....ie Peyton has some good (maybe great) years left in him.  I think Brady's best days are over.

:bar:
« Last Edit: January 18, 2010, 07:07:02 PM by eagleair89 »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
I, We, They.....The Illuminati

« Reply #24 on: January 18, 2010, 09:06:25 PM »
Not sure what you're trying to evoke with those two videos, but neither really show any true leadership.  The pissy bitch fest with the OL is just ridiculous. 

I never thought humor would elude you so easily.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #25 on: January 18, 2010, 09:11:20 PM »
I never thought humor would elude you so easily.

I thought we were trying to have a discussion. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #26 on: January 18, 2010, 09:13:13 PM »
I thought we were trying to have a discussion. 

Only ten percent of the time.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #27 on: January 18, 2010, 09:26:57 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #28 on: January 18, 2010, 11:22:41 PM »
Ever so often a player gets hot and just lives in the zone. This year that player is Drew Brees. The guy hits a groove in every game where he just is a step ahead of everyone. I want Favre to win one more, but out of the last four teams remaining, I think some of the best QB talent in the history of the NFL is being viewed. I hated seeing Warner go down. I would have loved to have seen the last four QBs standing to be Brees, Manning, Favre and Warner. Collectively I think those guys are seeing the game a step ahead of everyone else.

Peyton will go down as one of the greatest just for his football mind alone. He really does have a great grasp of the game. It has been nice having more than one or two servicable QBs.

And Brady, he had a lot to work with over the years. The Pats wre loaded on D also. That definitely makes the O look better.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

Tiger Wench

• Does this armour make my ass look big?
« Reply #29 on: January 18, 2010, 11:47:38 PM »
 :pics:

Much better.

I cannot even tell you the name of the Colts head coach right now.  The HC is interchangeable as long as Peyton is the QB, and they will continue to win as long as Peyton is the QB. The HC is not a factor.

One woman's opinion, but Peyton is by far the SMARTEST QB to ever play the game, both intellectually smart and "football" smart.  Whichever of you it was that talked about being able to shred a Defense with adjustments on the line was spot on. 

How many of you have ever seen him play in the NFL in person?  I have, twice, and it is amazing.  Just awe inspiring...  such attention to detail. 

And then when he takes his helmet off, there is one guy on the sidelines whose ONLY JOB is to hold Peyton's baseball cap.  HIS ONLY JOB.  I watched that guy for an entire series because I could not believe that was all he was there to do.  But it was. 

I want that job.

Oh, and GEAUX SAINTS!!!!  I would not kick Drew Brees out of bed either.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #30 on: January 18, 2010, 11:47:59 PM »
Absolutely not.  No.  I don't think that at all.  Not a chance.  Not a chance in hell.

Even when they plugged that Young kid in and he had a better QB rating for his career and a SB?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #31 on: January 19, 2010, 08:55:05 AM »
Ever so often a player gets hot and just lives in the zone. This year that player is Drew Brees. The guy hits a groove in every game where he just is a step ahead of everyone. I want Favre to win one more, but out of the last four teams remaining, I think some of the best QB talent in the history of the NFL is being viewed. I hated seeing Warner go down. I would have loved to have seen the last four QBs standing to be Brees, Manning, Favre and Warner. Collectively I think those guys are seeing the game a step ahead of everyone else.

Peyton will go down as one of the greatest just for his football mind alone. He really does have a great grasp of the game. It has been nice having more than one or two servicable QBs.

And Brady, he had a lot to work with over the years. The Pats wre loaded on D also. That definitely makes the O look better.

Breeze and Warner played each other last week...so that couldn't have happened. The Jets fucked the whole "best 4 QB's in the league still in" when the beat Rivers.

And Brady hasn't had a whole bunch to work with really. Besides Randy Moss, you could interchange his WR's (which was often done) and Brady won.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #32 on: January 19, 2010, 09:19:22 AM »
:pics:

Dude is an amazing QB.

His, however, one goofy-dick looking motherfucker.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

« Reply #33 on: January 19, 2010, 06:06:19 PM »
Keeping with a few of the other posts - GEAUX SAINTS! 

I've been a Saints fan all my life, and I can remember sitting next to my dad in the superdome asking him why those two old guys were wearing bags over their heads while screaming at the players. 

I can't wait for this Sunday night.  I hope Will Smith eats Brett Favre's old ass arm for dinner.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUsweetheart

• 13....LOL
« Reply #34 on: January 19, 2010, 06:39:01 PM »

His, however, one goofy-dick looking motherfucker.

This is crazy talk.

Peyton doesn't know it yet, but he needs me.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A national championship is a wonderful thing, but if you're not enough without it, you'll never be enough with it.

Token

« Reply #35 on: January 19, 2010, 07:03:39 PM »

Peyton doesn't know it yet, but he needs me.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUsweetheart

• 13....LOL
« Reply #36 on: January 19, 2010, 07:42:53 PM »
I'll start there if I have to. It wouldn't last long.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A national championship is a wonderful thing, but if you're not enough without it, you'll never be enough with it.

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #37 on: January 19, 2010, 08:40:38 PM »
I just dont see how any of you are looking over Brett Farve. Stats dont tell everything. You also have to look at the moments that are live and in living color.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tiger Wench

• Does this armour make my ass look big?
« Reply #38 on: January 19, 2010, 11:20:40 PM »
I just dont see how any of you are looking over Brett Farve. Stats dont tell everything. You also have to look at the moments that are live and in living color.
I would only look over Brett Farve if Jason Taylor was standing behind him... otherwise, I am looking at every single inch of Brett.  Trust me.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #39 on: January 20, 2010, 08:42:57 AM »
I would only look over Brett Farve if Jason Taylor was standing behind him... otherwise, I am looking at every single inch of Brett.  Trust me.

You like his beard and his Wranglers dont you.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions