Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Okay recruitnicks...your thoughts please

jadennis

Re: Okay recruitnicks...your thoughts please
« Reply #20 on: January 14, 2010, 08:52:25 PM »
I would say worst case senario is we get only Whitaker or Lemonier and some guys further off the radar (or we leave spots open for next January).  Prowler, your "worst case" is still pretty darn good....you really think that's as bad as it could turn out?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"To me Auburn is not in Auburn, Alabama. Auburn is the people who care about Auburn, the people who love Auburn. Wherever they are, that’s Auburn, Auburn is in your heart. You play for it."

- Reggie Torbor

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #21 on: January 14, 2010, 09:13:42 PM »
I would say worst case senario is we get only Whitaker or Lemonier and some guys further off the radar (or we leave spots open for next January).  Prowler, your "worst case" is still pretty darn good....you really think that's as bad as it could turn out?
No...that's why I stated "somewhat" then I noted that it meant we wouldn't get a few of our remaining "Big Cats".

Worse Case:
Auburn loses all of their top rated recruits (4* and higher)...of course greaseybammer would be absolutely giddy over that, he might even let out the three words that he's been holding back (RTR)
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #22 on: January 14, 2010, 09:50:00 PM »
Markeith Ambles (5 star WR) making visits to UNC and Auburn. De-commit from TN.
Corey Miller (4 star DE) making a visit to Auburn. De-commit from TN.

disclaimer: visits have not been made official as of yet.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #23 on: January 14, 2010, 10:03:19 PM »
Markeith Ambles (5 star WR) making visits to UNC and Auburn. De-commit from TN.
Corey Miller (4 star DE) making a visit to Auburn. De-commit from TN.

disclaimer: visits have not been made official as of yet.

Bryan Matthews shot this one down earlier tonight.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

djsimp

« Reply #24 on: January 14, 2010, 10:11:20 PM »
Bryan Matthews shot this one down earlier tonight.

Well he may be right but I hope he is wrong. Of course a visit doesnt really mean anything but it is always nice to get them on campus.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #25 on: January 14, 2010, 10:22:51 PM »
Well he may be right but I hope he is wrong. Of course a visit doesnt really mean anything but it is always nice to get them on campus.

I would take him for sure, but honestly would much rather have Miller or Copeland. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

djsimp

« Reply #26 on: January 15, 2010, 12:20:57 AM »
I would take him for sure, but honestly would much rather have Miller or Copeland. 

I agree. Now that I have investigated a little more, I see that Auburn has not accepted Ambles request for visit. Miller on the other hand would be right down Auburns alley of last wishes.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

• The guy your mother warned you about
« Reply #27 on: January 17, 2010, 03:07:04 PM »
Erick Mack has said that after his official to USCe today, he is done with visits and done with recruiting.

http://insider.espn.go.com/ncf/recruiting/tracker/school?schoolId=2579&page=briefingroom&season=2010&action=upsell&appRedirect=http%3a%2f%2finsider.espn.go.com%2fncf%2frecruiting%2ftracker%2fschool%3fschoolId%3d2579%26page%3dbriefingroom%26season%3d2010

ESPNU 150 prospect Eric Mack (Saint Matthews, S.C./Calhoun County) said Sunday that after his official visit to South Carolina, he is done with recruiting and will not take any more visits, ESPN's JC Shurburtt reports.

Mack had a visit scheduled to Florida for the weekend of Jan. 22nd, but will not take that now. This also eliminates Auburn, which was considered another player.

Mack, the nation's No. 2 offensive guard prospect, committed to South Carolina during the summer and has not backed off of that commit. He did waver after the Gamecocks' offensive line coach, Eric Wolford, took the head coaching job at Youngstown State.

Also, I think Alabama gets Stone. Seastrunk will be an Oregon Duck IMO.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2010, 03:13:10 PM by RWS »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #28 on: January 17, 2010, 03:15:52 PM »
No...that's why I stated "somewhat" then I noted that it meant we wouldn't get a few of our remaining "Big Cats".

WorsT Case:
Auburn loses all of their top rated recruits (4* and higher)...of course greaseybammer would be absolutely giddy over that, he might even let out the three words that he's been holding back (RTR)

I don't even really care about what you're rambling about here, because you're just shooting turds out the ass like every other dick, suck and hairy who has an internet connection and doesn't know shit. 

But would you mind fixing it and making it WORST case, which is the proper terminology?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #29 on: January 17, 2010, 03:32:51 PM »
I don't even really care about what you're rambling about here, because you're just shooting turds out the ass like every other dick, suck and hairy who has an internet connection and doesn't know shit. 

But would you mind fixing it and making it WORST case, which is the proper terminology?
Like I've said in a number of other posts...you should just stick to other topics and leave the recruiting topics to those that actually know how the recruiting season usually unfolds, because you know don't know shit about recruiting...and should really just stop, you're making yourself look worsT everytime you try.  But, I'll give you a B for the effort.  :thumbsup:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

« Reply #30 on: January 17, 2010, 03:35:22 PM »
Erick Mack has said that after his official to USCe today, he is done with visits and done with recruiting.

I knew I should have cancelled my subscription to Rivals a few months ago.  I didn't have the balls to do it after Jeffrey Lee all but confirmed Lattimore was a silent commit to us.  

"Auburn isn't taking Seastrunk because we're certain about Lattimore.  Seastrunk wants to commit now, but the coaches have Lattimore higher on the board."

A bunch of bull shit.  In the same sentences as the Lattimore promises were the Eric Mack promises.  

I guess I'll hold out hope that we swing them by signing day, but FOR REAL THIS TIME.  I'm cancelling my subscription if all this hype falls through.  

Really, it doesn't matter.  Our class is pretty solid right now on o-linemen and Dyer is a hell of a RB prospect.  As long as we pull in Whittaker and one more defensive lineman, we'll be fine.  

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

djsimp

« Reply #31 on: January 17, 2010, 03:37:31 PM »
I wouldnt count out Lattimore one bit but I have had my reservations about Mack simply because of his desire to stay close to his little kid.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #32 on: January 17, 2010, 03:37:54 PM »

http://insider.espn.go.com/ncf/recruiting/tracker/school?schoolId=2579&page=briefingroom&season=2010&action=upsell&appRedirect=http%3a%2f%2finsider.espn.go.com%2fncf%2frecruiting%2ftracker%2fschool%3fschoolId%3d2579%26page%3dbriefingroom%26season%3d2010

IMO, Eric Mack isn't "Done" with recruiting...he may be done with Official Visits, which would be good for Auburn, since he's already taken his visit here.  I don't care what the recruiting "experts" think, he's not as solid to South Carolina.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

« Reply #33 on: January 17, 2010, 03:39:04 PM »
I knew I should have cancelled my subscription to Rivals a few months ago.  I didn't have the balls to do it after Jeffrey Lee all but confirmed Lattimore was a silent commit to us.  

"Auburn isn't taking Seastrunk because we're certain about Lattimore.  Seastrunk wants to commit now, but the coaches have Lattimore higher on the board."

A bunch of bull shit.  In the same sentences as the Lattimore promises were the Eric Mack promises.  

I guess I'll hold out hope that we swing them by signing day, but FOR REAL THIS TIME.  I'm cancelling my subscription if all this hype falls through.  

Really, it doesn't matter.  Our class is pretty solid right now on o-linemen and Dyer is a hell of a RB prospect.  As long as we pull in Whittaker and one more defensive lineman, we'll be fine.  

The way Lattimore talks, it almost seems as if he will stay close to home. Here is a quote from the PSU Rivals site on 1/11:

"I really can't name a leader right now because I haven't visited Oregon yet, but after [visiting] Oregon I could," said Lattimore. "It is two schools that are really standing out to me right now. When I think about those two schools, I think about if I broke my leg, the quality of education that I could get at the school, and it's a good football situation for me. Another thing I think about is I want everybody to come see me play. It's kind of like I want to have them come see me and support me."
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #34 on: January 17, 2010, 03:40:15 PM »
The way Lattimore talks, it almost seems as if he will stay close to home. Here is a quote from the PSU Rivals site on 1/11:

Auburn is only 4 hours away from Bynes, SC.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

« Reply #35 on: January 17, 2010, 03:42:28 PM »
IMO, Eric Mack isn't "Done" with recruiting...he may be done with Official Visits, which would be good for Auburn, since he's already taken his visit here.  I don't care what the recruiting "experts" think, he's not as solid to South Carolina.
They said that Mack is the one that said it. It wasn't their opinion. Sorry, but I will take Eric Mack's word over yours.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #36 on: January 17, 2010, 04:41:12 PM »
They said that Mack is the one that said it. It wasn't their opinion. Sorry, but I will take Eric Mack's word over yours.

This is why I hate the bullshit big mouths on here who have to constantly eat crow.  It just makes everybody look stupid.

All these idiotic rumors, fake ass "skreets" and then backpedalling and making up other shit and bickering back and forth.  It's fucking ridiculous. 

Try a little honesty for a change.  Every post from XXXXXXXXX (leaves, dammit, leaves)  should start with the following phrase: 

"I don't know shit, I haven't heard shit, I haven't seen shit and nobody who knows anything has ever told me shit, but here's what I WISH would happen." 

It's fucking stupid.  You say 30 different things and one or two are bound to come about just because of the theory of probability.  Then you wash away all the other bullshit you said, hold up the two corn nuggets plucked from the mountain of shit you spewed and call yourself a farmer. 

Ridiculous.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #37 on: January 17, 2010, 04:58:11 PM »
This is why I hate the bullshit big mouths on here who have to constantly eat crow.  It just makes everybody look stupid.

All these idiotic rumors, fake ass "skreets" and then backpedalling and making up other shit and bickering back and forth.  It's fucking ridiculous. 

Try a little honesty for a change.  Every post from XXXXXXXXX (leaves, dammit, leaves)  should start with the following phrase: 

"I don't know shit, I haven't heard shit, I haven't seen shit and nobody who knows anything has ever told me shit, but here's what I WISH would happen." 

It's fucking stupid.  You say 30 different things and one or two are bound to come about just because of the theory of probability.  Then you wash away all the other bullshit you said, hold up the two corn nuggets plucked from the mountain of shit you spewed and call yourself a farmer. 

Ridiculous.
How's this for not "knowing shit".....

Calhoun County OL Eric Mack, who said after his official visit to USC Sunday he was firm with the Gamecocks and would not take any more visits, does plan to take an unofficial visit to Auburn next weekend with teammate ATH Shamier Jeffery who is going there for a junior day. Mack, who has been hotly pursued by the Tigers, made an official visit there in September. Mack has scratched his plans for an official visit to Florida.

BTW, this was posted AFTER people were talking about it here and on numerous of other boards....Fuckin' Dumbass.  Also, after the Kornhole and Shurburtt article about "Mack being done with recruiting", the USCe fans were saying that Kornhole's article was 100% false...and it sounds like the ESPN guy just went with what Kornhole posted, or he had the same "source".

Also:

According to a source who spoke with Byrnes RB Marcus Lattimore over the weekend, Lattimore made comments indicating that he plans to sign with USC. In response to a text message, Lattimore responded with a text message saying, "I didn't say that." He did not elaborate. Lattimore made his official visit with the Gamecocks over the weekend. According to another source, Lattimore did not commit on his visit. Lattimore has said he plans to announce his decision at his church the day before Signing Day. Lattimore is scheduled to visit Oregon this coming weekend, but the source said Lattimore told him he's not taking that visit. "I don't think he's going to take any more visits," the source said. "He said he's planning on coming (to USC) June 1st. He said he's not taking any more visits." Lattimore has also visited Auburn and Penn State. Penn State head coach Joe Paterno, who seldom makes in home visits with recruits, does plan to come in to visit Lattimore.

See what happens when people rely on "Sources"..... :thumbsup:

http://www.goupstate.com/article/20100117/PSPORTS02/100119753/-1/PSPORTS
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

« Reply #38 on: January 17, 2010, 05:00:03 PM »
Auburn is only 4 hours away from Bynes, SC.
Lattimore is from Duncan, SC. Byrnes is the school he goes to.

Oh, and Columbia is 1 1/2 hours from Duncan. Just sayin......
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

« Reply #39 on: January 17, 2010, 05:05:42 PM »
How's this for not "knowing shit".....

BTW, this was posted AFTER people were talking about it here and on numerous of other boards....Fuckin' Dumbass.  Also, after the Kornhole and Shurburtt article about "Mack being done with recruiting", the USCe fans were saying that Kornhole's article was 100% false...and it sounds like the ESPN guy just went with what Kornhole posted, or he had the same "source".

Also:

See what happens when people rely on "Sources"..... :thumbsup:

http://www.goupstate.com/article/20100117/PSPORTS02/100119753/-1/PSPORTS
On the Mack piece, I love how they admit that he said he was done with visits, but then they claim he will take more. Did you write that update? They don't say that he said he was actually going to take more, they just throw it out there as they just know. You didn't use a fact or anything to back your stance that he will still make visits. You used a link that simply uses the same logic as you. "Well, he said he's done, but I say otherwise."

Bottom line? He won't go to Auburn.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2010, 05:12:25 PM by RWS »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions