Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Okay recruitnicks...your thoughts please

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
Okay recruitnicks...your thoughts please
« on: January 14, 2010, 09:24:56 AM »
In light of recent events in Knocksville, and other "possibilities" out there...who do you think Auburn finishes up with?  I'm going to put my best guess below, but I want to hear what everyone else thinks.  I'm a listener, and I care like that.

Jeffrey Whittaker - DT
Bryan Jones - DT
Corey Lemonier - DE
Marcus Lattimore - RB
Eric Mack - OT
...and some obscure kid nobody has even heard of at either LB or OL
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
Re: Okay recruitnicks...your thoughts please
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2010, 09:39:36 AM »
That pretty much is the target list for Auburn at this point with the exception of adding DT Mike Thornton.

Others still on the board include Victor Beasley, James Stone, and some surprise out there that is being kept quiet for some reason. The last three are less likely percentage wise than the list mentioned above.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Token

« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2010, 09:52:06 AM »
That pretty much is the target list for Auburn at this point with the exception of adding DT Mike Thornton.

Others still on the board include Victor Beasley, James Stone, and some surprise out there that is being kept quiet for some reason. The last three are less likely percentage wise than the list mentioned above.

I've heard Stone made his decision weeks ago.  He's just waiting on NSD to announce.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2010, 10:11:48 AM »
I've heard Stone made his decision weeks ago.  He's just waiting on NSD to announce.
I have heard that too.  He and C.J. Mosley have been giggling about it together for some time now.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2010, 10:14:13 AM »

Per Rivals my own personall skreetz, we are dropping with Thorton. It looks to be UGA for him.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2010, 10:17:15 AM »
Per Rivals my own personall skreetz, we are dropping with Thorton. It looks to be UGA for him.

You got one up on me because I didnt know that. Another things is I sure would like to know who this 'secret' prospect is. Im wondering if it is J Jeffcoat that GH was eluding to.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2010, 10:32:30 AM »

Is this straight up skreet info? I keed!  I haven't heard anything about Stone much.  I think he inks with the bad guys on NSD. 

I think Buzz has a pretty accurate list.  The obscure LB or OL, I think it will be Beasley.  With Kiffin leaving does this open the door to get JC Copeland.  I know he got an offer from AU.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2010, 10:35:07 AM »

Read Heard that on the skreetz this morning as well.  Someone mentioned that as long as RG is at UGA that is where he will commit to. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

Tiger Wench

• Does this armour make my ass look big?
« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2010, 10:39:16 AM »
Read Heard that on the skreetz this morning as well.  Someone mentioned that as long as RG is at UGA that is where he will commit to. 
Dude, WTF is going on in your avatar?   :blink:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2010, 10:40:14 AM »

you aint kiddin, that some freaky poop.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2010, 10:43:42 AM »
Is this straight up skreet info? I keed!  I haven't heard anything about Stone much.  I think he inks with the bad guys on NSD. 

I think Buzz has a pretty accurate list.  The obscure LB or OL, I think it will be Beasley.  With Kiffin leaving does this open the door to get JC Copeland.  I know he got an offer from AU.

After losing Thornton and Stone of the list, I would def. say that those defactos from TN would be a hot target. Beasley has been wildcard for sometime now. Whats good about VB is that he could be recruited as a WR and LB.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #11 on: January 14, 2010, 11:03:08 AM »

I saw it on another message board in a sig and thought it was hilarious.  Sock bunnies are beating the shit out of a guy and then one runs to the camera and hits it with what looks to be a toilet brush.  I don't know, just struck me as funny.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #12 on: January 14, 2010, 11:45:50 AM »
So we are sitting at 24 commits right now. How does that pan out if we sign 5 more guys?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #13 on: January 14, 2010, 11:47:43 AM »
So we are sitting at 24 commits right now. How does that pan out if we sign 5 more guys?
Oops...so scratch the obscure deep snapper from my list.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #14 on: January 14, 2010, 12:43:02 PM »
A couple/few of that 24 are sign and place is my understanding.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #15 on: January 14, 2010, 12:43:26 PM »
I saw it on another message board in a sig and thought it was hilarious.  Sock bunnies are beating the shit out of a guy and then one runs to the camera and hits it with what looks to be a toilet brush.  I don't know, just struck me as funny.
That was a commercial for Rayman Raving Rabbids...RRR2 I believe, actually.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rayman_Raving_Rabbids
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #16 on: January 14, 2010, 12:52:50 PM »
That was a commercial for Rayman Raving Rabbids...RRR2 I believe, actually.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rayman_Raving_Rabbids

Ahh, I had no idea. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #17 on: January 14, 2010, 02:15:41 PM »
Ahh, I had no idea. 

You should listen to him, he has a Wii
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

jadennis

« Reply #18 on: January 14, 2010, 02:46:48 PM »
My guess is...(in order of who I think is most likely)...

Whitaker
Lemonier

Those are the only two I think are likely to sign.

Not far behind would be...(also in order of most likely)...

Lattimore
Mack

Beyond that, who knows.  I mean, at this point, the remaining guys I think are really torn between 1-3 programs that they really like.  I know Lattimore likes South Carolina, Penn State, and Auburn.  Lemonier used to like Tennessee after his visit, along with FSU and Auburn.  Mack is still likely going to stay near his kid.  If not, Auburn is his #1, but that's a big "if" since his kid is in the picture.

I think anyone expecting that we get all 4-5 of our remaining targets should prepare to be let down...it's just not likely to get them all.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"To me Auburn is not in Auburn, Alabama. Auburn is the people who care about Auburn, the people who love Auburn. Wherever they are, that’s Auburn, Auburn is in your heart. You play for it."

- Reggie Torbor

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #19 on: January 14, 2010, 07:03:52 PM »
Best Case Senario:

RB, Marcus Lattimore
OT, Eric Mack
DE, Corey Lemonier
DT, Jeffrey Whitacker
DT, Bryan Jones
and the "Secret" commitment (skreets have told me to keep it quiet, until he is named as a visitor...after that, it'll be time to let the dogs out)

Somewhat Worse Case Senario (meaning Auburn doesn't land a few of their top targets):

DE, Corey Lemonier
DT, Jeffrey Whitacker
DT, Bryan Jones
WR/LB/S, Victor Beasley
DE/LB/S, Pat Swilling Jr.

RB, Marcus Lattimore (USCe or Penn State)
OT, Eric Mack (USCe)
DT, Mike Thornton (UGA or Penn State)

*word on da skreets...if Auburn doesn't land Marcus Lattimore, they will be done at the RB position, they will not go after Lache and DJ Howard will get more of a look at the RB position (a position that he can definitely play)*
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs