Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Tigers Make Solid Strides....

Tigers Make Solid Strides....
« on: January 11, 2010, 10:00:59 AM »
Jay Tate article...  A positive for once from the "beat" writer from Montgomery...

Addresses perception that Auburn will find it more difficult based on Alabama's success...

http://www.montgomeryadvertiser.com/article/20100111/SPORTS0402/1110317/1002/sports/AUBURN-ANALYSIS-Tigers-make-solid-strides-in-spite-of-Tide-s-rise
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Mr. Sensible

Re: Tigers Make Solid Strides....
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2010, 10:13:30 AM »
So the line is officially, the offense dialed it back to help the weary defense?

I guess they need some explanation as to why the high-octane offense for most of the time was stuck in the mud. Think about it; Auburn's offense wasn't really about sustained drives - it was about big plays. There's nothing wrong with that, I guess, but there's no arguing that the two-minute offense flat out sucked this year.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2010, 10:17:45 AM »
So the line is officially, the offense dialed it back to help the weary defense?

I guess they need some explanation as to why the high-octane offense for most of the time was stuck in the mud. Think about it; Auburn's offense wasn't really about sustained drives - it was about big plays. There's nothing wrong with that, I guess, but there's no arguing that the two-minute offense flat out sucked this year.

The two minute offense was fine most of the year with the exception of the final drive versus Alabama.  No doubt that particular drive was cluster for whatever reason.  I'd point to drives that took us toward scores or field goals in a few games before halftime that had everyone excited, to show the two minute offense was capable of working if executed properly. Just my opinion...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2010, 10:18:08 AM »
there's no arguing that the two-minute offense flat out sucked this year.

Just every other minute.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2010, 10:19:16 AM »
The two minute offense was fine most of the year with the exception of the final drive versus Alabama.  No doubt that particular drive was cluster for whatever reason.  I'd point to drives that took us toward scores or field goals in a few games before halftime that had everyone excited, to show the two minute offense was capable of working if executed properly. Just my opinion...

No, you're remembering wrong. 

After the WVU game, we didn't do squat in the final few minutes of any half.  Yeah, it was great against MSU but not so much after that. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

RWS

• The guy your mother warned you about
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2010, 10:21:14 AM »

And thats what the offense depends on to work; a fast pace. The Iron Bowl was a good example of that. The first 10 minutes, AU was moving fast, and throwing out new formations and plays left and right. Alabama settles down and decides to play football, Malzahn is out of scripted plays, AU's offense can't get in their own rhythm and set the pace, and they fall flat on their face and gain like 150 yards over the next 3 quarters.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2010, 10:37:23 AM »
And thats what the offense depends on to work; a fast pace. The Iron Bowl was a good example of that. The first 10 minutes, AU was moving fast, and throwing out new formations and plays left and right. Alabama settles down and decides to play football, Malzahn is out of scripted plays, AU's offense can't get in their own rhythm and set the pace, and they fall flat on their face and gain like 150 yards over the next 3 quarters.
"Fall flat on their face" for three quarters = leading the entire game until under a minute & a half, and then still being within 5 points and driving in the final seconds of the game.

Gotcha.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2010, 10:38:45 AM by AUChizad »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Mr. Sensible

« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2010, 10:37:57 AM »

Kentucky? Georgia?

The worst thing for Auburn is a 14 point lead.

The selective memory of the majority of the War Damners never ceases to amaze me. Next you are going to tell me Auburn will have a top 5 recruiting class and finish above Alabama.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2010, 10:38:51 AM »
And because I expect squawking and the requisite "kaos don't know nothin'.. " BS, let me refresh your memories.

VS WVU
Yep. Ball with about 4:00 left in the first half, TD.
End of game was a defensive score

VS Ball State
Who cares?

VS Tennessee
Last major drive of the second quarter started with more than 6:00 left. Ended in a missed field goal.
Last drive of the game started with 4:11 and ended with a FG.

VS. Arkansas
Last drive of the first half, three plays four yards.  Blech
Last of the game, five plays one yard. Blech

VS Kentucky
Last drive of the first half the only decent drive of the game 14 plays 48 yards. (Too many plays)
Last of the game? pathetic

VS LSU
All drives in the first half, nothing.  22 total yards in the second quarter
Last drive of the game (with Caudle and their backups) 8 plays 59 yards TD

VS. Ole Miss
Last real drive of the second half went 90 yards in six plays for a score.
Last drive of the game didn't matter.

VS. Furman
Really want to count this?  
Last real drive of the second half, TD.  

VS. Georgia
Ball with 3:32 left in the half, three plays for four yards and punt.
Ball with 6:45 left in game, 14 plays, just 40 yards turnover on downs.

VS. Alabama
Last drive of the first half, six plays 36 yards and a punt
Last drive of the game, seven play clusterfuck.

I just don't see any super effecitive two-minute offense there at all.  One drive against Ole Miss and one against Kenucky is about the extent of it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2010, 10:41:17 AM »
The selective memory of the majority of the War Damners never ceases to amaze me. Next you are going to tell me Auburn will have a top 5 recruiting class and finish above Alabama.
Yeah...because we all know that will NEVER happen.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2010, 10:41:57 AM »
Sensi, you, sir, are an idiot.
The selective memory of the majority of the War Damners never ceases to amaze me.
Distancing yourself from Auburn fans by calling "them" a name. Don't be surprised when bammer-in-disguise accusations start rolling in.
Next you are going to tell me Auburn will have a top 5 recruiting class and finish above Alabama.
Care to make a wager on whether or not we end up with a top 5 recruiting class?

The fact that you say this as if it is an impossibility shows that you know not of which you speak, and really shouldn't speak as an authority on Auburn football. The fact that you have your little podcast is an embarrassment to the Auburn family.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2010, 10:43:32 AM by AUChizad »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Mr. Sensible

« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2010, 10:43:04 AM »
Sensi, you, sir, are an idiot.Distancing yourself from Auburn fans by calling "them" a name. Don't be surprised when bammer-in-disguise accusations start rolling in.Care to make a wager on whether or not we end up with a top 5 recruiting class?

The fact that you say this as if it is an impossibility shows that you know not of which you speak.

Namecalling? Please. Please tell me you have more than this.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #12 on: January 11, 2010, 10:44:03 AM »
Namecalling? Please. Please tell me you have more than this.
The War Damners? Why don't you just call us barners?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Mr. Sensible

« Reply #13 on: January 11, 2010, 10:45:16 AM »
The War Damners? Why don't you just call us barners?

Because that's a word the Bammers use. Bammers/Rammer Jammers = War Damners. Just calling out the kool-aiod drinking fringe. It's still better than the inbreds from UT.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #14 on: January 11, 2010, 11:24:06 AM »

You're a dumb ass...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #15 on: January 11, 2010, 11:26:45 AM »

What would leave you, Mr. Expert, to believe that Auburn having a top 5 recruiting class is beyond possibility?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #16 on: January 11, 2010, 11:27:24 AM »

You've said this, like, eleventy four times.  Nobody bought it the first time you tried to sell it.  

This isn't like dumbass bammer nashoneel champeeonships.  You can't just keep saying something ignorant and eventually everybody will accept it.  

What you're saying, what you've been saying, is flat out wrong.  It's just asinine.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Mr. Sensible

« Reply #17 on: January 11, 2010, 11:49:19 AM »
What would leave you, Mr. Expert, to believe that Auburn having a top 5 recruiting class is beyond possibility?

The schools/programs that have recently dominated those top 5 spots still have a number of open slots. Top 10 - probably. Top 5 would be a real over achievement in my book.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Mr. Sensible

« Reply #18 on: January 11, 2010, 11:50:26 AM »

And the score was 26-7, right? Fucking revisionist history strikes again.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #19 on: January 11, 2010, 12:01:53 PM »
The schools/programs that have recently dominated those top 5 spots still have a number of open slots. Top 10 - probably. Top 5 would be a real over achievement in my book.
We have a number of open slots ourselves, with some 4 & 5* guys lined up ready to commit.

"I think we're sitting just about as good as we can be with most of the guys we have left recruiting," Chizik said last month."
http://blog.al.com/auburnbeat/2010/01/five_tigers_arrive_today_as_au.html

But I wouldn't expect you to know that...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions