Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Dog Thread Part Deaux (Is Dr. Phil around?)

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
Re: Dog Thread Part Deaux (Is Dr. Phil around?)
« Reply #40 on: December 24, 2009, 10:47:45 AM »
Next episode - Dog has giardia. 

Oh yeah, she gave it to me too.   

And no, Jumbo.  It wasn't from fisting her. 

Strange.  Haven't you only had the pup less than a week?

The gestation period for giardiasis is usually a minimum of a week and usually longer.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

« Reply #41 on: December 24, 2009, 12:42:02 PM »
Strange.  Haven't you only had the pup less than a week?

The gestation period for giardiasis is usually a minimum of a week and usually longer.
Yeah.  I'm not too happy about this.  The humane society said she shouldn't get giardia.  What does she have?  Giardia. 

No one is answering at the humane society so far.  I'm going to demand that they pay for the medicine, but I'm not holding my breath. 

My mother is trying to tell me that I don't have it.  I've had the three main symptoms the last two days, but she thinks it's stress.  We'll see, I guess. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

AUsweetheart

• 13....LOL
« Reply #42 on: December 24, 2009, 12:52:23 PM »
Yeah.  I'm not too happy about this.  The humane society said she shouldn't get giardia.  What does she have?  Giardia. 

No one is answering at the humane society so far.  I'm going to demand that they pay for the medicine, but I'm not holding my breath. 

My mother is trying to tell me that I don't have it.  I've had the three main symptoms the last two days, but she thinks it's stress.  We'll see, I guess. 

THS, the laws of karma suggest this is going to be the best dog EVER.....

The Humane Society should take care of the whole thing. I'm sorry you two are both sick....but Merry Christmas anyway.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A national championship is a wonderful thing, but if you're not enough without it, you'll never be enough with it.

« Reply #43 on: January 06, 2010, 07:37:37 PM »
Just an update after a bad vet visit -

Holly is great.  Tons of fun.  Learning to sit and stay.  All is well.

The vet visit? 

Expensive.  Our vet pulled a fast one over us.  A week ago she received a puppy check up, and she had everything cleaned and checked.  Everything was fine.  We scheduled a visit for today to get her last vaccine shots and take one last giardia test. 

After the doctor was an hour late, we finally finished up.  I took Holly to go pee and my wife pays.  My wife storms to the car, and as we're driving down the road, she says, "it was $200." 

Why was it so expensive, you ask? 

Well, when the vet took the puppy to be weighed, she swiped her ear.  She came out and told us that our dog has yeast in her ear.  Not a big deal.  Just use some cleaning drops once a day.  She then demonstrated how to use the cleaning drops.  The price of this?

The q-tip that found the yeast?  $40
The demonstration of cleaning drops?  $20
The cleaning drops (the same bottle she used to clean the dog's ear)?  $35

That's $75 fucking dollars for something I didn't ask for.  My fault for not stopping her and asking her the price, but she came out ready to screw me over.  She tested the dog's ear in the back room where I couldn't see.  She walked in and while explaining the yeast, she drops some ear drops in her ear.  BOOM.  $60. 

The greatest part?  When I called back a few minutes later?  The automated message was turned on.  They were closed. 

I really hope it doesn't snow too early tomorrow.  They will be getting a serious ass chewing in the morning.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

bottomfeeder

• We're screwed.
« Reply #44 on: January 06, 2010, 08:23:46 PM »

The vet visit? 

Expensive.  Our vet pulled a fast one over us.  A week ago she received a puppy check up, and she had everything cleaned and checked.  Everything was fine.  We scheduled a visit for today to get her last vaccine shots and take one last giardia test. 

After the doctor was an hour late, we finally finished up.  I took Holly to go pee and my wife pays.  My wife storms to the car, and as we're driving down the road, she says, "it was $200." 

Well, when the vet took the puppy to be weighed, she swiped her ear.  She came out and told us that our dog has yeast in her ear.  Not a big deal.  Just use some cleaning drops once a day.  She then demonstrated how to use the cleaning drops.  The price of this?

That's $75 phuking dollars for something I didn't ask for.  My fault for not stopping her and asking her the price, but she came out ready to screw me over.  She tested the dog's ear in the back room where I couldn't see.  She walked in and while explaining the yeast, she drops some ear drops in her ear.  BOOM.  $60. 

The greatest part?  When I called back a few minutes later?  The automated message was turned on.  They were closed. 

I really hope it doesn't snow too early tomorrow.  They will be getting a serious ass chewing in the morning.

I's change vets period. Where do you live?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Token

« Reply #45 on: January 06, 2010, 09:21:26 PM »

The vet visit? 

That's $75 phuking dollars for something I didn't ask for.  My fault for not stopping her and asking her the price, but she came out ready to screw me over.  She tested the dog's ear in the back room where I couldn't see.  She walked in and while explaining the yeast, she drops some ear drops in her ear.  BOOM.  $60. 

I'm certain in your line of business, you understand some of the things that can happen when you chew someone's ass.  Vets are normally pretty good about asking for a place of employment, so make sure you don't say anything that might get you called in front of the man. 

It happens.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #46 on: January 06, 2010, 09:38:40 PM »
I's change vets period. Where do you live?

Alabaster.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

bottomfeeder

• We're screwed.
« Reply #47 on: January 06, 2010, 10:04:37 PM »
Alabaster.

I don't know anyone up there, sorry. Down here we have a vet named Dr. Quentin Meadows who is absolutely the best. He is a Tuskegee Institute grad and is amazing in his ability to diagnose without the use of too many tests which is great on the wallet. He just has that gift and what's so bed is the man has Leukemia and doesn't have that long left. He is the best vet in the Mobile area, he donates his time to the city animal shelter providing vet services to animals that would normally receive lesser care. I know this doesn't help you much, but I'll try to call him day after tomorrow and see if he knows someone up there. I'll call others too.

In the mean time, I would call the local animal shelter and tell them your story, without mentioning names, and see who they recommend. Good luck with everything involving that baby.

PS - I use w a website name http://www.doineedavet.com just to see if I need a vet every time I have animal problems.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #48 on: January 07, 2010, 10:45:09 AM »
I spoke with the main doctor this morning.  He gave us a $40 credit.  Props to him, I guess.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #49 on: January 07, 2010, 11:45:12 AM »
I spoke with the main doctor this morning.  He gave us a $40 credit.  Props to him, I guess.
It is important to take care of that, although $60 seems way steep.  Look at it this way now you only paid $20 that seems reasonable.  Again....dogs and kids = expensive.  It is a good precursor for you and the wife.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

chinook

« Reply #50 on: January 07, 2010, 12:39:51 PM »
Again....dogs and kids = expensive.  It is a good precursor for you and the wife.

agreed.  but worth every fucking penny...well except at 2 in the morning and there is a "montner"  outside. 

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUsweetheart

• 13....LOL
« Reply #51 on: January 07, 2010, 12:50:16 PM »
agreed.  but worth every fucking penny...well except at 2 in the morning and there is a "montner"  outside. 

That made me  :)
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A national championship is a wonderful thing, but if you're not enough without it, you'll never be enough with it.

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #52 on: January 07, 2010, 01:27:51 PM »
...well except at 2 in the morning and there is a "montner"  outside. 

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #53 on: January 08, 2010, 07:08:27 AM »

"You plottin on me boy?"

Love that movie.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #54 on: January 08, 2010, 01:07:28 PM »
I spoke with the main doctor this morning.  He gave us a $40 credit.  Props to him, I guess.

That was about right. same thing happened to us. Our new cocker spaniel came straight form the store to our vet. While checking up, the asst used a qtip on the ear. He did show us and it was pretty black. I did think that test and the medicine was pricey, but we are trying to get some of that recouped from the pet store. Yeast (mites) in the ear can be a big problem for spaniels. So we washed the ear and used the meds and Beanie (I changed the name from Coco) is now good. Dogs are not cheap like they used to be. Used to be you got a dog, got a few shots and threw the scraps out the back door. Dog would still follow you to hell and back.Now its a raging business.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2010, 01:08:04 PM by CCTAU »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

AUsweetheart

• 13....LOL
« Reply #55 on: January 08, 2010, 02:46:11 PM »
I like Beanie. MUCH better than CoCo.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUsweetheart

• 13....LOL
« Reply #56 on: January 08, 2010, 02:49:19 PM »
I'm posting pictures of my dog....because this is a dog thread...and because I'm depressed and he makes me feel better. So....Brew.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

bottomfeeder

• We're screwed.
« Reply #57 on: January 08, 2010, 02:56:46 PM »
I'm posting pictures of my dog....because this is a dog thread...and because I'm depressed and he makes me feel better. So....Brew.

That's a fine looking dog there. Congrats, Brother Sister.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2010, 04:48:48 PM by bottomfeeder »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #58 on: January 08, 2010, 03:10:07 PM »
That's a fine looking dog there. Congrats, Brother.
Shes a sister.

Brew and Sadie need to meet, they would have some nice looking puppies.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

AUsweetheart

• 13....LOL
« Reply #59 on: January 08, 2010, 04:30:37 PM »
Shes a sister.

Brew and Sadie need to meet, they would have some nice looking puppies.

Thanks for correcting that.

And Brew happens to be very good on puppy play dates.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions