Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Chizik's One Year Approval Ratings

jadennis

Re: Chizik's One Year Approval Ratings
« Reply #20 on: December 14, 2009, 06:37:26 PM »
Will not 3 of those guys be enrolling early and counting towards last years class, actually bringing our # down to 20?  Sanders, Curry and Bolomono (sp)?

Yeah, that's why I said we could still be adding as many as 10 ("although it could be as many as 10 depending on how many sign in January and count towards last years class").

We can sign up to 5 in January for last year's class, which would put us at 18.  We can then sign ten more to get to the 28 maximum (and then place 3).

I think they're hoping Roszell Gayden (the OL JUCO player) is also one of those early signees. 
« Last Edit: December 14, 2009, 06:39:17 PM by jadennis »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"To me Auburn is not in Auburn, Alabama. Auburn is the people who care about Auburn, the people who love Auburn. Wherever they are, that’s Auburn, Auburn is in your heart. You play for it."

- Reggie Torbor

jmar

« Reply #21 on: December 14, 2009, 06:40:02 PM »
Chizik is a winner for one season. Terry Bowden fell out of a tree with Dye's wounded bunch and went undefeated. We know how that ended. Brother Bill, so good to...see ya. So then there is the Turner Gill crowd-what about the children? Please, Tuberville and the BBQ boys started quitting on Auburn after "Jetgate". They never put full effort into anything after that. That regime was a rotting corpse long before it left town.

So here's the deal: Chizik will never be fully accepted as Auburn's guy. I hate to say it and it truly hurts because this is a staff that has it together. Only a guy by the name of Jacobs hired him and that will never be acceptible. It's like he has this pre-election Muslim tag or something. It doesn't matter how well he does, some people can't deal with it. Pat Dye was the only hire that has been accepted by the Auburn faithful in my time. This is just how I perceive the situation. And I don't think there was a better choice "this time".
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

ibelonginprison

• Bama... As cool as AIDS
« Reply #22 on: December 14, 2009, 07:28:28 PM »
You really can only say that NOW, because he never went elsewhere.  He stayed here, therefor remaining an Auburn man.  Had he bolted to UGA or Tenn, his name would be taboo around Auburn.

If Tubbs sticks around for the next 10 years (won't happen, just being hypothetical) and helps out the University.... he'll be looked BACK upon as a great Auburn Legend.

People forget the scandal that happened with the Dye era, the reason we were on probation etc., just like they'll forget the recruiting mess Tubb's left us in (as long as he doesn't go to another SEC team and ruin it.)

That's my take on it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Bama fans make me want to punch babies...

« Reply #23 on: December 14, 2009, 09:02:33 PM »
Besides using the word "blueprint," the phrase "day by day," and being the choice of Jay Jacobs, Chizik has not warranted much criticism. 

I'm not sure if there's anything tangible to criticize.  I know some have that tingling feeling, but as for what's been done on the field, I can't say that Chizik hasn't been good. 

Now, next year will tell a lot.  With recruiting going well and there still being talent in the cupboard, we should have a good season. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

Greaseyweasel

• Love Auburn, Hate chizik. 'nuff said.
« Reply #24 on: December 14, 2009, 09:29:43 PM »
I know this is a futile task (attempting to get logic from you), but at least give some rational example of how you are convinced we'll be in shambles in 4 years.  You could be right, but judging from how the team played this year, and how the first two recruiting classes have looked, what actual evidence do you have to feel that your personal vendetta against this guy looks like it's being vindicated by his "obvious" total failure?

I know you have no answer, because there isn't one...I just wonder if you'll come to the same conclusion. 
You know it goes back to guilt by association. Look at who/whom he has chosen to align himself with since his return. ADs, ex coaches and BOT members etc. Look at the shambles they left us in last time. History tends to repeat itself especially when you don't learn to let the past go. It tends to jump up and bite you in the ass.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You've got to learn to stand for something

or you'll fall for anything.

« Reply #25 on: December 14, 2009, 09:39:40 PM »
Improvement was made from last year, so I can't complain. However, I am sure I am not alone with a guarded optimism. We need to keep seeing improvement and give the guy a chance to get his recruits into the starting lineup. It seems that we have a problem with coaches getting complacent when they become successful, so maybe CGC, if he ever becomes successful here, will maintain that fire to win.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Greaseyweasel

• Love Auburn, Hate chizik. 'nuff said.
« Reply #26 on: December 14, 2009, 09:45:51 PM »

People forget the scandal that happened with the Dye era, the reason we were on probation etc., just like they'll forget the recruiting mess Tubb's left us in (as long as he doesn't go to another SEC team and ruin it.)

No we haven't forgot and no we won't forget. There are those "fans" who don't recall anything past getting Bama to play here and getting us given equal footing in the state and conveniently forget the whole Eric Ramsey & quitting before the bama game (and the NCAA sanctions). No as a student of history I can safely say thatthis is not a good thing in the long term.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You've got to learn to stand for something

or you'll fall for anything.

« Reply #27 on: December 14, 2009, 10:14:20 PM »
No we haven't forgot and no we won't forget. There are those "fans" who don't recall anything past getting Bama to play here and getting us given equal footing in the state and conveniently forget the whole Eric Ramsey & quitting before the bama game (and the NCAA sanctions). No as a student of history I can safely say thatthis is not a good thing in the long term.

Stop insinuating it with all of your posts.  You think Gene Chizik and his staff are cheating to get recruits.  Is it the fact that Pat Dye has shown his face lately that makes you believe this?  Or do you have concrete evidence?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Mr. Sensible

« Reply #28 on: December 14, 2009, 10:20:55 PM »
Stop insinuating it with all of your posts.  You think Gene Chizik and his staff are cheating to get recruits.  Is it the fact that Pat Dye has shown his face lately that makes you believe this?  Or do you have concrete evidence?

Allow me a moment to jump in here.

I don't know without a doubt that Chizik and his staff aren't cheating to get recruits.
I don't have proof the Moon landing was fake.
I don't have evidence that the government lies to us more than we could ever imagine.
I don't have documentation that the majority of Bama fans are cousin humping loser methmouths.

The lack of quantifiable evidence doesn't stop me from believing any of the above.

:popcorn:
« Last Edit: December 14, 2009, 10:22:52 PM by Mr. Sensible »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #29 on: December 14, 2009, 10:26:36 PM »

I don't know without a doubt that Chizik and his staff aren't cheating to get recruits.
I don't have evidence that the government lies to us more than we could ever imagine.
I don't have documentation that the majority of Bama fans are cousin humping loser methmouths.

The lack of quantifiable evidence doesn't stop me from believing any of the above.

Ok.  So we've got two amongst us who believe Chizik and Crew could be cheating for recruits.  Anyone else care to chime in?
« Last Edit: December 14, 2009, 10:28:35 PM by Townhallsavoy »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Mr. Sensible

« Reply #30 on: December 14, 2009, 10:29:17 PM »
Ok.  So we've got two amongst us who believes Chizik and Crew could be cheating for recruits.  Anyone else care to chime in?

It's not like that kind of thing doesn't happen at other programs fighting for spots in conferences and what not.
And the folks behind the scenes, that's what they know.

I hope I'm wrong, but I won't be surprised if I'm not and all this effort to keep up with the Jones' lands Auburn in hot water. Again.

Of course, I'm one of those who thinks we should drop this whole "student-athlete" facade and pay these guys and women for what they do. But that's for another post in May.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jadennis

« Reply #31 on: December 14, 2009, 10:34:10 PM »

But (except for the moon landing) we can go on and on with all kinds of examples and ideas as to why we think the government lies and why we KNOW most bama fans are CHLM....

So I think you can at the very least give us some insight into why you're so sure we're cheating.  I'm not saying everything is perfect in every recruiting case, but why are we cheating?  Just because we're getting good recruits?  Does that mean Tuberville cheated when he got them?  Does that mean Richt is cheating?   Miles?  Meyer?  Saban?  Brown?  Carroll?  Stoops?  Where is the line drawn on who is just a good group of recruiters and gets the "cheating" label?  

Personally, when you look at the kind of kids we get a lot of the time, I don't think it's a coincidence that a lot of them mention "we're just going to pray about it" and "I just want to be where God wants me to be".  Those kinds of statements are pretty common in Auburn recruits.  Not all, but quite a few, and I would say a higher % than you see from the kids that end up at Bama and LSU, etc.  The reason is that much of our staff have the same priorities in their own lives, and that attracts those kinds of kids and families.  Most of those types (Dyer types) aren't going to find that common ground with the staff at Tennessee or at Alabama or at LSU.  That's just a fact.

And on a bigger scale, we all can agree that Auburn (in general, not in every single case) tends to draw a particular kind of person.  Not all the same religiously or from the same background, but most of us know that we knew at some specific point that Auburn was a special place and that we (individually) were "Auburn people".  I don't know why would should think that is any different when it comes to recruits.  I believe that there are some who come to Auburn and find that there is something inside them that knows Auburn is special, it's different, and that it's where they want to be.  Read my signature....that's the kind of player I'm talking about.  

Anyway, just curious if you do have specific reasons for accusing them of cheating, or if you just assume it because all the good programs do it?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"To me Auburn is not in Auburn, Alabama. Auburn is the people who care about Auburn, the people who love Auburn. Wherever they are, that’s Auburn, Auburn is in your heart. You play for it."

- Reggie Torbor

Mr. Sensible

« Reply #32 on: December 14, 2009, 10:50:28 PM »
But (except for the moon landing) we can go on and on with all kinds of examples and ideas as to why we think the government lies and why we KNOW most bama fans are CHLM....

Love CHLM - We need swag with that printed on it.  :clap:

So I think you can at the very least give us some insight into why you're so sure we're cheating.  I'm not saying everything is perfect in every recruiting case, but why are we cheating?  Just because we're getting good recruits?  Does that mean Tuberville cheated when he got them?  Does that mean Richt is cheating?   Miles?  Meyer?  Saban?  Brown?  Carroll?  Stoops?  Where is the line drawn on who is just a good group of recruiters and gets the "cheating" label?  

Personally, when you look at the kind of kids we get a lot of the time, I don't think it's a coincidence that a lot of them mention "we're just going to pray about it" and "I just want to be where God wants me to be".  Those kinds of statements are pretty common in Auburn recruits.  Not all, but quite a few, and I would say a higher % than you see from the kids that end up at Bama and LSU, etc.  The reason is that much of our staff have the same priorities in their own lives, and that attracts those kinds of kids and families.  Most of those types (Dyer types) aren't going to find that common ground with the staff at Tennessee or at Alabama or at LSU.  That's just a fact.

You are not wrong about the kind of things these recruits say. I will say however that not everyone who invokes religion in their public discourse is genuine. Just the way it is. (See gangstas from "the U" who wear crosses and such.) So, that's never swayed me one way or another on a player. I don't know if highly touted recruits care much about finding common ground with coaches as much as they want coaches/programs who can get them to the next level. Even the mediocre players talk about wanting to play in "the league." I can't explain how I know that, but I've heard, read, seen that in person multiple times.

And on a bigger scale, we all can agree that Auburn (in general, not in every single case) tends to draw a particular kind of person.  Not all the same religiously or from the same background, but most of us know that we knew at some specific point that Auburn was a special place and that we (individually) were "Auburn people".  I don't know why would should think that is any different when it comes to recruits.  I believe that there are some who come to Auburn and find that there is something inside them that knows Auburn is special, it's different, and that it's where they want to be.  Read my signature....that's the kind of player I'm talking about.  

Anyway, just curious if you do have specific reasons for accusing them of cheating, or if you just assume it because all the good programs do it?

I'm not naive enough to think some under the table stuff doesn't happen at major programs.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2009, 11:03:33 PM by Mr. Sensible »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #33 on: December 15, 2009, 10:14:10 AM »
I'm having some problems posting but Dye gets mostly a free pass by the general AU fan. I thought Tubs was a crummy hire from Ole Miss. They are happy with 7 wins if they can get 'em. Turned out I was wrong and Tubs gets a pass because of his record against Tuscaloosa. I cannot recall Auburn ever going for a concensus heavyweight of a head coach in my time. Vince Dooley is the most familiar. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tiger Wench

• Does this armour make my ass look big?
« Reply #34 on: December 15, 2009, 11:20:14 AM »
History tends to repeat itself especially when you don't learn to let the past go.
Isn't your main reason for hating Chizik some obscure personal animosity from your past that you apparently haven't let go?

Irony.  It's a bitch.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #35 on: December 15, 2009, 11:32:48 AM »
Isn't your main reason for hating Chizik some obscure personal animosity from your past that you apparently haven't let go?

Irony.  It's a bitch.

:s&m:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #36 on: December 15, 2009, 12:09:49 PM »

Irony.  It's a bitch.
No, no, Wench.

That was just the bullshit he espoused on one particular day. His story has changed multiple times since then.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #37 on: December 15, 2009, 01:19:58 PM »
No, no, Wench.

That was just the bullshit he espoused on one particular day. His story has changed multiple times since then.

Aaaahhh...but only on a Wednesday following a Saturday game.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
« Reply #38 on: December 15, 2009, 02:02:03 PM »

Irony.  It's a bitch.
You go girl.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #39 on: December 15, 2009, 04:21:39 PM »
Okay, let me see if I can sort this out. 

There is a concern that AU will land in trouble again espoused by Sensible.  Not saying that AU is doing anything differently than any other program, just that due to external forces (a salivating Bama-controlled media and a booster base hell bent on not just winning, but destroying Auburn) the risk is greater now than it has been for decades. 

That about it? 

Can't disagree with that.  As we've all stated on various occasions, if you dig hard enough at any college -- even UAB and Troy -- you'll find something askew. And once the lid comes off even a little that shit has a habit of snowballing. 

Can't disagree with the risk either.  There's no question that the Bama bastards sense an opportunity to "put us barners in our damn place" not realizing that for most of the last 30 years and most of history prior to 55 years ago, our "place" as it were was dominating and lording over them.   They hate us because for all their on-field success they'll never, ever, ever be as good as Auburn.  We threaten them because we have something they can never have.  They are and always will be frauds.  We are not. It is their mission to destroy us for that reason.

So the risk is there.  It's very, very real.  We've already seen evidence of our beat writer -- a fucker who has the audacity to market an Auburn book -- turning us in to the SEC and then the NCAA when the SEC didn't act quickly enough to suit him.  The paper that employs him says "fuck you" to those of us who demand change or at the very least balance.  If they find something they will do everything in their power to send the hounds after us because that accomplishes two things.  It allows them to continue to cheat with impunity because attention is focused elsewhere and it helps them destroy our program. 

But you know what?  What those fuckers can never understand is that even if they got the Auburn football program disbanded for eternity, most of us would still love Auburn just as much as we do now.  There are a few exceptions, but most of us love AUBURN, not the football team.  If Bama didn't have a football program?  The vast majority of those fat, pork-rind eating pole puffers would be adrift with nothing to validate them.  They would be even more hopeless, helpless and pathetic than they are now.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.