Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Heisman Trophy Battle

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
Re: Heisman Trophy Battle
« Reply #60 on: December 09, 2009, 02:00:51 PM »
What sucks is that Suh leads by a large margin in first place votes, but doesn't appear on as many ballots overall.  That's means a lot of people think he should win, but quite a few aren't even considering him because he's a defensive player.

If Ingram wins, I can't really complain, I guess he's about as worthy as the others...but I'll say this, I'll be thankful I live in Texas and don't have to work around Bammers who may very well be national champs and have the current Heisman winner.  Talk about unbearable.

Truth be told, Texas has just as much of a superiority complex as Bammer. Maybe worse. I hear it everyday from the Austin yuppies.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

jadennis

« Reply #61 on: December 09, 2009, 03:06:37 PM »
Truth be told, Texas has just as much of a superiority complex as Bammer. Maybe worse. I hear it everyday from the Austin yuppies.

A lot of them do, it's true, but the difference is that the majority of them that are like that at least went to school there.  Most of the Texas fans I know that didn't go there are simply fans of the team, without the arrogance, and are no more annoying than any other normal fan base. 

Not to mention, here in Texas, if you work with 50 people, there might be 12-15 big time Texas fans, 8-10 big Texas A&M fans, another 8-10 that are a Texas Tech, Baylor, SMU, etc.  But that leaves somewhere around 15-22 people that don't care about any of the teams.  You don't get that in Alabama.  Basically everyone cares one way or the other.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"To me Auburn is not in Auburn, Alabama. Auburn is the people who care about Auburn, the people who love Auburn. Wherever they are, that’s Auburn, Auburn is in your heart. You play for it."

- Reggie Torbor

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #62 on: December 09, 2009, 03:14:12 PM »
A lot of them do, it's true, but the difference is that the majority of them that are like that at least went to school there.  Most of the Texas fans I know that didn't go there are simply fans of the team, without the arrogance, and are no more annoying than any other normal fan base. 

Not to mention, here in Texas, if you work with 50 people, there might be 12-15 big time Texas fans, 8-10 big Texas A&M fans, another 8-10 that are a Texas Tech, Baylor, SMU, etc.  But that leaves somewhere around 15-22 people that don't care about any of the teams.  You don't get that in Alabama.  Basically everyone cares one way or the other.

Doesn't Texas have an enrollment of like....32,546,115...or something?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

jadennis

« Reply #63 on: December 09, 2009, 03:31:16 PM »
Doesn't Texas have an enrollment of like....32,546,115...or something?

It does, but about 32,500,000 are liberal hippy types that don't give a poop about football and probably still don't get why a coach makes more than a teacher.

Austin is cool in some regards, but my favorite part of it is that they have a Mellow Mushroom.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2009, 03:32:26 PM by jadennis »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"To me Auburn is not in Auburn, Alabama. Auburn is the people who care about Auburn, the people who love Auburn. Wherever they are, that’s Auburn, Auburn is in your heart. You play for it."

- Reggie Torbor

ibelonginprison

• Bama... As cool as AIDS
« Reply #64 on: December 09, 2009, 03:48:54 PM »
Austin is one of my favorite cities.  A close second is San Antonio.

And he's right... UT has the biggest fan base, then A&M, then Tech, then you're talking Baylor, TCU, SFA, SWT (now Texas State) and about a dozen other schools.  Here?  No matter what Alabama college you went to... you pick AU or UA.  Period.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Bama fans make me want to punch babies...

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #65 on: December 09, 2009, 04:28:31 PM »
It does, but about 32,500,000 are liberal hippy types that don't give a poop about football and probably still don't get why a coach makes more than a teacher.

Austin is cool in some regards, but my favorite part of it is that they have a Mellow Mushroom.
This is why i don't like Austin or Athens. Bunch of hippy Michael Stipe wannabees.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

jadennis

« Reply #66 on: December 09, 2009, 04:49:29 PM »
This is why i don't like Austin or Athens. Bunch of hippy Michael Stipe wannabees.

That is the downside to Austin.  In an otherwise very cool city, there are quite a few of those types mixed in.  If you can look past them, the city is very cool...great restaurants, music, 6th Street, etc.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

- Reggie Torbor

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #67 on: December 10, 2009, 12:48:25 PM »
Kevin Scarbo says hello. 

http://blog.al.com/kevin-scarbinsky/2009/12/call_me_a_heisman_homer.html

Although I disagree with him thinking that McClain is more dominate and better than Shu, I do agree that if anyone off the bammer team deserves it, McClain does more than any of his teammates. 

So Alabama has THE TOP 2 football players in America? Bull fucking shit. What a fucking homer...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jadennis

« Reply #68 on: December 10, 2009, 01:00:50 PM »
I noticed on the stiffarmtrophy.com website that in their seven years of predicting it correct, five of those years the actual % of the winner was 2% or more lower than their prediction.

Currently Ingram is ahead by 1.6%.  That means it's still essentially dead even.  I wonder if this turns out to be the closest race ever?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

- Reggie Torbor

« Reply #69 on: December 10, 2009, 05:01:46 PM »
I noticed on the stiffarmtrophy.com website that in their seven years of predicting it correct, five of those years the actual % of the winner was 2% or more lower than their prediction.

Currently Ingram is ahead by 1.6%.  That means it's still essentially dead even.  I wonder if this turns out to be the closest race ever?

Ingram now at 43.8%.

Gerhart at 40.6. 

If Stiffarmtrophy really is that accurate, this one is about over.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

RWS

• The guy your mother warned you about
« Reply #70 on: December 11, 2009, 08:21:02 AM »
So Alabama has THE TOP 2 football players in America? Bull fucking shit. What a fucking homer...
Please explain why Rolando McClain or Mark Ingram shouldn't be in this discussion. I would love to hear whatever bullshit reason you can come up with in regards to McClain. He's like having a coach on the field every snap, and is a top 10 draft pick.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2009, 08:22:03 AM by RWS »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #71 on: December 11, 2009, 08:29:18 AM »
Please explain why Rolando McClain or Mark Ingram shouldn't be in this discussion. I would love to hear whatever bullpoop reason you can come up with in regards to McClain. He's like having a coach on the field every snap, and is a top 10 draft pick.

How about this?  WHO GIVES A FUCK?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

RWS

« Reply #72 on: December 11, 2009, 09:34:02 AM »
How about this?  WHO GIVES A FUCK?
Apparently War Eagle!!! does.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

War Eagle!!!

« Reply #73 on: December 11, 2009, 10:01:37 AM »
Apparently War Eagle!!! does.

The Hiesman is about the best player in college football. Apparently, acording to Scarbinsky, Alabama has the best 2 players in college football on their team. The best fucking 2. That is what is bullshit. Fuck Tebow. Fuck McCoy. Fuck Gerhart. Fuck Suh. Fuck every other motherfucker in Division 1A, Alabama has THE BEST 2. If that ain't bullshit, I'm not sure what is...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

« Reply #74 on: December 11, 2009, 10:03:01 AM »
The Hiesman is about the best player in college football. Apparently, acording to Scarbinsky, Alabama has the best 2 players in college football on their team. The best fucking 2. That is what is bullshit. Fuck Tebow. Fuck McCoy. Fuck Gerhart. Fuck Suh. Fuck every other motherfucker in Division 1A, Alabama has THE BEST 2. If that ain't bullshit, I'm not sure what is...
Translation = because they are Alabama players. That is your only reasoning so far.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #75 on: December 11, 2009, 10:09:56 AM »
Translation = because they are Alabama players. That is your only reasoning so far.
If common sense doesn't tell you that's ridiculous, nor do you follow War Eagle!!!'s sound reasoning on the matter, then there's a reason we made this smiley for you.

:bamahomer:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

War Eagle!!!

« Reply #76 on: December 11, 2009, 10:12:32 AM »

No dip shit. I don't give a fuck if it was Penn State. I am calling bullshit on the same team having the 2 best players in college football. Out of over 1000 or so Division 1 players, one team has the top 2? Bullshit. That is what I call bullshit on. Get your head out of your ass...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #77 on: December 11, 2009, 10:33:52 AM »

"Translation = Their Alabama players so I will defend whatever bullshit I have to to argue with Auburn people."
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

« Reply #78 on: December 11, 2009, 11:46:43 AM »

"Translation = Their Alabama players so I will defend whatever bullshit I have to to argue with Auburn people."
Like I've already said, I'm not so sure Ingram is the very best candidate to win the Heisman. I can see where somebody else could win it. I'm not even saying that McClain is the VERY BEST player in college football. I'm simply saying he should certainly be in the discussion. He is the best LB in the country, so why couldn't he be at least considered as one of the top players in the country? 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

War Eagle!!!

« Reply #79 on: December 11, 2009, 12:02:04 PM »
Like I've already said, I'm not so sure Ingram is the very best candidate to win the Heisman. I can see where somebody else could win it. I'm not even saying that McClain is the VERY BEST player in college football. I'm simply saying he should certainly be in the discussion. He is the best LB in the country, so why couldn't he be at least considered as one of the top players in the country? 

That's the thing. You argue just to fucking argue. Scarbinsky has a vote and has voted that Alabama has the best 2 players in the nation on their team. That is bullshit. Sure, you can make the arguement that McClain and Ingram are this or that, but Scarbinsky has a vote, and he voted McClain is the best player in the nation, and Ingram is the second best player in the nation. THAT is bullshit. THAT is all I have said. You are argueing just to argue...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions