Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Heisman Trophy Battle

jadennis

Re: Heisman Trophy Battle
« Reply #80 on: December 11, 2009, 01:40:50 PM »
That's the thing. You argue just to phuking argue. Scarbinsky has a vote and has voted that Alabama has the best 2 players in the nation on their team. That is bullpoop. Sure, you can make the arguement that McClain and Ingram are this or that, but Scarbinsky has a vote, and he voted McClain is the best player in the nation, and Ingram is the second best player in the nation. THAT is bullpoop. THAT is all I have said. You are argueing just to argue...

And to help you out with your point War Eagle....there are over 10,000 division I players (85 x 120 programs = 10,200 players). 

It's just a sign of Skarbinski's ignorance or at least local bias.  Most writers stuck in a particular bubble (and aren't all Alabama media memebers?) are guilty of it.  He's in Alabama, he watches them every game, so of course he thinks they're the best. 

There is probably some moron that covers Texas for the local paper in Nacogdoches, TX and will vote McCoy and Shipley #1 and #2 because out of the 13 college football games he's watched this year (all Texas games), those were the two best players he saw.

RWS and other Alabama fans who have never been to a game will tend to see no flaw in Skarbinski's theory. 

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"To me Auburn is not in Auburn, Alabama. Auburn is the people who care about Auburn, the people who love Auburn. Wherever they are, that’s Auburn, Auburn is in your heart. You play for it."

- Reggie Torbor

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #81 on: December 11, 2009, 01:44:26 PM »
Blasphemer!

Saban recruited them.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #82 on: December 11, 2009, 02:43:24 PM »
And to help you out with your point War Eagle....there are over 10,000 division I players (85 x 120 programs = 10,200 players). 

It's just a sign of Skarbinski's ignorance or at least local bias.  Most writers stuck in a particular bubble (and aren't all Alabama media memebers?) are guilty of it.  He's in Alabama, he watches them every game, so of course he thinks they're the best. 

There is probably some moron that covers Texas for the local paper in Nacogdoches, TX and will vote McCoy and Shipley #1 and #2 because out of the 13 college football games he's watched this year (all Texas games), those were the two best players he saw.

RWS and other Alabama fans who have never been to a game will tend to see no flaw in Skarbinski's theory. 

Yeah, I left off a zero earlier...but the point is well taken. The fact that ANY team has the best 2 players, unequivocally, is pure crap. And to vote them that way just proves you are a homer and don't have a clue about what you are supposed to be covering...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #83 on: December 11, 2009, 03:02:35 PM »

This^^^ and War Eagle's this^^^..or something. 

Scarbinski is doing the same thing as Finebaum or any other local media member would do...catering to his audience.  Who is going to read or listen if the conversation and praise concerns Oregon's QB or some Penn State linebacker named after a pimple cream? 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Ogre

« Reply #84 on: December 11, 2009, 03:26:17 PM »

This^^^ and War Eagle's this^^^..or something. 

Scarbinski is doing the same thing as Finebaum or any other local media member would do...catering to his audience.  Who is going to read or listen if the conversation and praise concerns Oregon's QB or some Penn State linebacker named after a pimple cream? 

I thought Joe Clearasil had a great season. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #85 on: December 11, 2009, 03:38:43 PM »
I thought Joe Clearasil had a great season. 

On PSU's roster this year...just a sampling:

Zug
Zordich
Sukay
Venuto
Faqnano
Soldner
Yanich
Stupar
Kuntz (My personal favorite)
Zerbe
Golarz
Stankiewitch
Wisniewski
Urschel
Klopacz
Szczerba (Buy a fucking vowel)
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

jadennis

« Reply #86 on: December 11, 2009, 05:17:14 PM »
All are sons of coal miners.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"To me Auburn is not in Auburn, Alabama. Auburn is the people who care about Auburn, the people who love Auburn. Wherever they are, that’s Auburn, Auburn is in your heart. You play for it."

- Reggie Torbor