Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Heisman Trophy Battle

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
Re: Heisman Tropy Battle
« Reply #20 on: December 07, 2009, 06:42:41 PM »
I saw that Longdukdong Suh fellow in 3 games this year.
DILDO
It's been a loooong time since i've seen a defensive lineman who is absolutely unblockable.
DILDO
There is no stopping the guy and if you go near him, he's going to hurt you.
DILDO
I'm actually pulling for him.
aaaaaand DILDO

BTW, they've official named the Top Five Finalists (I'm not sure if that website had the official Top Five):
In alphabetical order:
Toby Gerhart
Mark Ingram
Colt McCoy
Ndamukong SUH
Tim Tebow

The Heisman Trophy goes to the Best Player in the ENTIRE Country.....NOT one of the best player(s) on one of the best teams.

So, that being said:

1). DT Ndamukong Suh (take him out of that defense....Nebraska doesn't go bowling this year)
Didn't have an OFF game, this year.
2). RB/Masher Toby Gerhart (take him out of that offense......Stanford doesn't go bowling this year)
Didn't have an OFF game, this year or last year.
3). QB Colt McCoy (take him out of that offense......Texas looks more like Oklahoma)
Had an OFF game against Nebraska...who's lead by more than likely the #1 NFL Draft Pick in Ndamukong Suh.
4). RB Mark Ingram (take him out of that offense......Trent/Maze/Peek/Juicio/Hanks)
Had a VERY OFF game against an average to below average defense in Auburn.
5). QB Tim Tebow (take him out of that offense......refer back to the SEC Championship Game)
IMO, he hasn't wowed me at all this year...could it be that his Soph. year was just that fantastic, that it has somewhat taken away from what he's done this year?  I don't know, probably.

Now, make your pick.  I've already made up my mind as my top two.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

« Reply #21 on: December 07, 2009, 06:45:07 PM »
This may be the year I gain respect for the Heisman Trophy race.  A defensive tackle possibly winning?  I really hope it happens. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #22 on: December 07, 2009, 07:00:40 PM »
This may be the year I gain respect for the Heisman Trophy race.  A defensive tackle possibly winning?  I really hope it happens. 
I'm with you there.  For the Heisman Trophy to somewhat regain it's place as the Top Dawg Trophy among ALL of the other ones, Suh or Gerhart should be the one standing at the podium giving his acceptance speech.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #23 on: December 08, 2009, 11:05:31 AM »
What is a Heisman TROPY?

Suh or Gherhart should get it. Maybe even share?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

Ogre

Re: Heisman Trophy Battle
« Reply #24 on: December 08, 2009, 11:12:36 AM »
What is a Heisman TROPY?

Suh or Gherhart should get it. Maybe even share?

Wow, I didn't even catch the typo. 

The website how has Ingram in the lead, FWIW.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

ibelonginprison

• Bama... As cool as AIDS
« Reply #25 on: December 08, 2009, 12:02:44 PM »
Wow, I didn't even catch the typo. 

The website how has Ingram in the lead, FWIW.

Ugh... Bama jock strap swingin' in the trophy race....
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Bama fans make me want to punch babies...

RWS

• The guy your mother warned you about
« Reply #26 on: December 08, 2009, 01:37:10 PM »
If we're mentioning Suh as who should win it, just for shits and giggles, why not Rolando McClain?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #27 on: December 08, 2009, 01:43:54 PM »
If we're mentioning Suh as who should win it, just for shits and giggles, why not Rolando McClain?

There is a policy that no more than one mouthbreathing bammer player may be nominated per year.  You've met the quota.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

RWS

« Reply #28 on: December 08, 2009, 01:55:23 PM »

There is a policy that no more than one mouthbreathing bammer player may be nominated per year.  You've met the quota.
Seriously though, I'm not saying that its a travesty that he's not being considered, but if you're giving it to a player on defense, why should McClain not at least be considered? 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #29 on: December 08, 2009, 02:00:24 PM »
Seriously though, I'm not saying that its a travesty that he's not being considered, but if you're giving it to a player on defense, why should McClain not at least be considered? 

And then let's give a look to Arenas. I mean why not? He is a bad ass on special teams. I mean, if we have one for Offense and defense, let's throw in a special teams star in there too.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #30 on: December 08, 2009, 02:03:47 PM »
And then let's give a look to Arenas. I mean why not? He is a bad ass on special teams. I mean, if we have one for Offense and defense, let's throw in a special teams star in there too.

I voted for Gus the Mule once. So pissed he wasn't on the ballot, I never voted again.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

RWS

« Reply #31 on: December 08, 2009, 02:18:06 PM »
Its not like what I am saying is that ridiculous. I don't think Suh is undeserving or anything, and I don't really see Ingram winning it for that matter. I just wonder what it is that McClain's name has never been brought up.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #32 on: December 08, 2009, 02:21:54 PM »
I just wonder what it is that McClain's name has never been brought up.

Character issues
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #33 on: December 08, 2009, 02:23:32 PM »
Its not like what I am saying is that ridiculous. I don't think Suh is undeserving or anything, and I don't really see Ingram winning it for that matter. I just wonder what it is that McClain's name has never been brought up.
Probably because he plays on a bad ass defense, while Suh is the defense.

What makes you think Ingram isn't going to get it? I believe it's his to lose.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #34 on: December 08, 2009, 02:25:55 PM »
McClain - Yes he is good. VERY good. Most likely to be the first LB taken in the draft. But no defensive player has dominated this year or in recent years like Suh. He is unblockable. Go back and watch the Texas game or the Va Tech game. This guy is nuts. He slung McCoy around with 1 arm more than once. He makes some amazing tackles and moves a lot quicker than a guy that is 300 lbs. Suh will be a top 5 draft pick. McClain is an A. Suh is an A+.

83 Tackles, 12.5 sacks, 23 TFL.   Texas couldnt block him for shit. Texas - one of the best and most loaded teams (talent wise) in the country. It wasnt like he had that performance against Fresno St or Eastern Illinois. It was against a good ball club.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

RWS

« Reply #35 on: December 08, 2009, 02:31:42 PM »
Probably because he plays on a bad ass defense, while Suh is the defense.

What makes you think Ingram isn't going to get it? I believe it's his to lose.
I don't think Ingram has put up insane enough stats for the voters to feel good about. I don't think they are going to take into account how he runs, the level of competition, etc. I think if he got some of the carries that went to Richardson he would be in a little better position.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #36 on: December 08, 2009, 03:01:36 PM »
The fact that you wanna throw out all these guys (even hypothetically), as potential Heisman candidates, is exactly why Ingram shouldn't be one.

He's a mere cog in an overall really good machine.

Suh IS the machine. Gerhardt too.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Birmingham

« Reply #37 on: December 08, 2009, 03:12:21 PM »
The fact that you wanna throw out all these guys (even hypothetically), as potential Heisman candidates, is exactly why Ingram shouldn't be one.

He's a mere cog in an overall really good machine.

Suh IS the machine. Gerhardt too.

wondering why you didn't bring that up when ibelonginprison said "UA is leaning on Ingram like a drunk man on a lamp post".  Now I disagreed with him, I'm with you.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #38 on: December 08, 2009, 03:53:17 PM »
I voted for Gus the Mule once. So pissed he wasn't on the ballot, I never voted again.

OYAGE!

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

jadennis

« Reply #39 on: December 08, 2009, 04:25:21 PM »
McClain is a stud, no doubt, and he can dominate on a play or a drive, but Suh dominates and controls whole games.  He leads his team in tackles from a defensive line position....that's not normal.  

To be a defensive player and be considered you can't just say "hey, why not this guy, he's really, really good"...you have to say "I've never seen anything like this", which a lot of people say about Suh (right or wrong, as people tend to forget the past...like Lawrence Taylor at UNC or even Mario Williams from just a few years ago).  

But the point is, Suh makes you say it, McClain doesn't.

Take McClain out of the Alabama defense and it probably costs you some yards on a few plays here or there.  Take Suh out of the Nebraska line up and Texas probably scores 35 points as McCoy stands in there and does his thing.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2009, 04:27:24 PM by jadennis »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"To me Auburn is not in Auburn, Alabama. Auburn is the people who care about Auburn, the people who love Auburn. Wherever they are, that’s Auburn, Auburn is in your heart. You play for it."

- Reggie Torbor