Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Why Didn't Iron Bowl Struggle Drop Alabama?

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
Re: Why Didn't Iron Bowl Struggle Drop Alabama?
« Reply #20 on: November 30, 2009, 03:35:27 PM »
Brando? I thought he was in the tank for Ole Miss.
No...he's just tanked.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #21 on: November 30, 2009, 03:41:02 PM »
At no point did Bama "take over" the game, despite Spencer Tillman's smirklingly snide "Alabama, dey's gonna wake up and dey gon' win dis heah game bys double digits" comment at the half. 

phuk you Spencer.  phuk you Tony.  phuk you LSU homer hairpiece phuk who's name escapes me now. 

That was Barnhardt wasnt it who said that?

Nah, I dont think they took the game over either. I think they just woke and made some adjustments about the same time we were wearing out. They provided themselves a chance at the end and capitalized. They did enough and it wasnt pretty at that. Thats all.

Brando is the guy you are looking for. Yeah, he is the guy who challenged an Auburn fan to a fight on the air on Finebaum one day. Hes a real classy homer for LSU.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

jmar

« Reply #22 on: November 30, 2009, 03:52:41 PM »
 still sayin' "they are gonna run it"
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #23 on: November 30, 2009, 05:01:50 PM »
For one, it doesn't matter this year.  No voter is analyzing the games from November 26/27/28.  In 2004, you had three legit contenders from major BCS conferences competing for a spot.  The voters and media WANTED Oklahoma/USC.  They found their official opportunity to make it happen. 

This year, they could have boosted Bama to 1st, Texas to 2nd and dropped Florida to 3rd and it wouldn't matter.  Texas will beat Nebraska.  Florida/Bama winner will meet them in Pasadena. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

AUsweetheart

• 13....LOL
« Reply #24 on: November 30, 2009, 09:32:49 PM »
While I agree 100% with the slowing down this year...was I the only one that noticed the sheer speed at which the refs all of a sudden showed in spotting the ball and starting the clock on that last ditch drive?  I swear I saw the umpire outrun McCalebb.

I noticed. That was about the time my chewed up fingers started to bleed.
At no point did Bama "take over" the game, despite Spencer Tillman's smirklingly snide "Alabama, dey's gonna wake up and dey gon' win dis heah game bys double digits" comment at the half. 

Fuck you Spencer.  Fuck you Tony.  Fuck you LSU homer hairpiece fuck who's name escapes me now. 

I could kiss you for that.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A national championship is a wonderful thing, but if you're not enough without it, you'll never be enough with it.

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #25 on: November 30, 2009, 09:35:14 PM »
Fuck you LSU homer hairpiece fuck who's name escapes me now. 

Stanley McClover?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #26 on: November 30, 2009, 10:05:00 PM »
Why would they have dropped?  Who do you jump in front of them?  TX beat a 6-6 A&M club and also gave up over 500 yds.  TCU pounded a 1-11 NM St team.  Not any surprise, but did that win really warrant a 2 spot jump in the polls when bama beat a 7-5 SEC squad? Does Cincy deserve that kind jump for beating a 3-8 Illinois team?  As bad as I hate to say it, they should have stayed where they are.   I hope UF hangs 50 on the phukers and they drop below TX, Cincy, TCU and Boise St.

« Last Edit: November 30, 2009, 10:09:54 PM by AUTiger1 »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan