Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Looks like the Golden Domers are in search mode...who do they get?

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
Re: Looks like the Golden Domers are in search mode...who do they get?
« Reply #20 on: December 01, 2009, 08:33:37 AM »
I'm not sure why everyone keeps calling what Gus is doing "trick plays"?  Have we been running the fumblerooskie every other play?
It's speed (most of the time) and misdirection.  Nothing else.  I guess if we are gonna use that standard then anyone who runs a trap or counter play is utilizing trick plays as well. 
Thank you.

Of course, my favorite "trick play" from Friday was the one where the Defense held Ingram to 1.9 YPC.  They should use that one again.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

RWS

• The guy your mother warned you about
Re: Looks like the Golden Domers are in search mode...who do they get?
« Reply #21 on: December 01, 2009, 08:39:58 AM »
Thank you.

Of course, my favorite "trick play" from Friday was the one where the Defense held Ingram to 1.9 YPC.  They should use that one again.
It should be easy when they use an entirely different look than they have all year.

McElroy said Auburn’s defense showed some strange looks in its front that served to confuse Alabama’s pre-snap recognition.

“I wouldn’t say undisciplined, but unique and non-traditional,” McElroy said of Auburn’s fronts. “At one point they had a shade, a three-technique and a five-technique all on one side, and then a linebacker filling in the backside B-gap. Usually we call that a synch front, but you never see three defensive linemen on one side — it’s just unusual.

But still, you have to credit that to Auburn. If they can do something totally new and do it effectively, then more power to them. Put that together with everybody on the AU defense playing one hell of a game.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler