Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

This is one arrogant statement

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
Re: This is one arrogant statement
« Reply #20 on: October 06, 2009, 10:49:17 AM »
I'm sure it was.

I was simply noting that "not" is ridiculous.  It was ridiculous in 1993 when it was popular.  Don't bring it back.

Word
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

jadennis

« Reply #21 on: October 06, 2009, 10:57:49 AM »
Call me arrogant. I think we win, too. I think we win every game until it is over.

That's just confident, not arrogant...and you didn't mention anything about Alabama winning NFL games, so you're in the clear.

Truth is, if Mallet has time to stand around and look down field, we're in big trouble on the defensive side of the ball.  That was the main thing Alabama did...they got to him, gave him about 2 seconds to find a receiver and make a decision.  If he has 4+ seconds, we'll need to score 50 to win.

Good news...we may score 50.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"To me Auburn is not in Auburn, Alabama. Auburn is the people who care about Auburn, the people who love Auburn. Wherever they are, that’s Auburn, Auburn is in your heart. You play for it."

- Reggie Torbor

« Reply #22 on: October 06, 2009, 10:58:34 AM »
Arky,

Wow, the hogs are wild this year. I believe this will be a smash mouth SEC match up, I'm in Auburn's corner every time all of the time. The one thing that has me concerned is how bad will Auburn hurt you. I'm predicting Arky will see the up close and personal the Eye of the Tiger. I'm looking for an all out failure of the Arky OL due to mental mistakes and being physically manhandled. I'm also going to enjoy seeing Mallet eat dirt all night, that's if he is able to stand in the second quarter. A physical beat down of Arky would make me a very happy man indeed. That's what I wanna see. Oh, and it would be nice to see Eltoro in the Arky backfield doing some damage too. Good luck Hogs. NOT!

There's no dirt in Donald W. Reynolds Razorback Stadium.  We're a rubber pellet team now.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #23 on: October 06, 2009, 11:00:11 AM »
There's no dirt in Donald W. Reynolds Razorback Stadium.  We're a rubber pellet team now.

Yea well there is a lot of bush though
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

RWS

• The guy your mother warned you about
« Reply #24 on: October 06, 2009, 11:13:27 AM »
If I'm Mallett and Arky's OC, I go after Bates right off the bat. AU's secondary will have to bring their A-game, but I think they can pull it off. If AU can get good consistant pressure on the QB, which I think they will, it may be an Alabama type score or worse. I just don't see Arky's defense stopping AU. I'll go out on a limb and say theres no way in hell that it happens. Much like the Alabama game, I think the hawg fans know what they're getting in to. Arkansas is going to need alot more than a good QB to win games in the SEC. As I've said before, I think they are looking at a season much like last season. Until they can put together a few solid recruiting classes, its going to stay that way.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #25 on: October 06, 2009, 11:15:02 AM »
If I'm Mallett and Arky's OC, I go after Bates right off the bat. AU's secondary will have to bring their A-game, but I think they can pull it off. If AU can get good consistant pressure on the QB, which I think they will, it may be an Alabama type score or worse. I just don't see Arky's defense stopping AU. I'll go out on a limb and say theres no way in hell that it happens. Much like the Alabama game, I think the hawg fans know what they're getting in to. Arkansas is going to need alot more than a good QB to win games in the SEC. As I've said before, I think they are looking at a season much like last season. Until they can put together a few solid recruiting classes, its going to stay that way.

Great.  All we need now is to have Corso pick us and we're completely fucked.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

RWS

« Reply #26 on: October 06, 2009, 11:20:57 AM »
Great.  All we need now is to have Corso pick us and we're completely fucked.

:bugs:

Seriously, though. Who would actually pick Arky to win this game other than Arkansas fans? A good defense can tame AU's offense enough to keep the game manageable, but Arkansas' defense is an insult to the word terrible. Arky has a passing game, but thats about it. No running game + no defense = no SEC wins.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #27 on: October 06, 2009, 11:28:04 AM »

Seriously, though. Who would actually pick Arky to win this game other than Arkansas fans? A good defense can tame AU's offense enough to keep the game manageable, but Arkansas' defense is an insult to the word terrible. Arky has a passing game, but thats about it. No running game + no defense = no SEC wins.

That's gonna' leave a mark.  Boartitz?....General?...Anyone?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

« Reply #28 on: October 06, 2009, 11:42:38 AM »

Ricky, how do you know a good defense can tame AU's offense?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #29 on: October 06, 2009, 11:59:07 AM »
Ricky, how do you know a good defense can tame AU's offense?

I thought Tennessee was supposed to have a good defense.  Right? 

The difference for me in this game is that Arkansaw actually has people who can pitch and catch.  UT didn't.  And I'm just not sure our DC understands what needs to be done.  As RWS said, they put pressure on Mallet all day and threw him off.  That's exactly what we needed to do to UT all night.  Stack the box, and stay in Crompton's face.  They eventually adjusted to the brilliantly devised Rush 4 scheme that Roof called 412 times in a row. 

If he does that against the Hawgs, we won't score enough points.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

ssgaufan

• WDE!!!
« Reply #30 on: October 06, 2009, 12:10:52 PM »

I thought Tennessee was supposed to have a good defense.  Right?  

The difference for me in this game is that Arkansaw actually has people who can pitch and catch.  UT didn't.  And I'm just not sure our DC understands what needs to be done.  As RWS said, they put pressure on Mallet all day and threw him off.  That's exactly what we needed to do to UT all night.  Stack the box, and stay in Crompton's face.  They eventually adjusted to the brilliantly devised Rush 4 scheme that Roof called 412 times in a row.  

No, no, no.  UT does not have a good defense now that AU beat them.  If we would have lost people would be saying, see I told you that UT defense was too much for yalls gimmick offense.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2009, 12:11:30 PM by ssgaufan »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

« Reply #31 on: October 06, 2009, 12:18:28 PM »

The difference for me in this game is that Arkansaw actually has people who can pitch and catch.  UT didn't.  And I'm just not sure our DC understands what needs to be done.  As RWS said, they put pressure on Mallet all day and threw him off.  That's exactly what we needed to do to UT all night.  Stack the box, and stay in Crompton's face.  They eventually adjusted to the brilliantly devised Rush 4 scheme that Roof called 412 times in a row. 

If AU's dline can push the pocket with just the front 4, that gives everybody else a chance to drop back into coverage. Bringing in pressure with a corner would be good to mix it up from time to time, but you better hope like hell he is fast....and strong. AU's secondary could somewhat afford to play a softer than normal zone against UT due to Crompton's inability to throw. I was wondering why AU wasn't running a better scheme up front. I figured they would just blitz the living shit out of Crompton all night. Even if one of his receivers manages to get hot, do you really think he's going to get the ball to him while being chased around? Fuck no, he's probably going to throw an INT.

The AU secondary is going to have to be on their toes and play a little tighter against Arky. I'm not so sure that AU couldn't play man against them, actually. I just really don't see what Arkansas has at WR that could consistantly beat guys like McFadden and Bates in man.  I just don't understand what Mallett was thinking when he came to Arkansas.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #32 on: October 06, 2009, 12:41:04 PM »

Tennesee's D holding Florida to 23 and Auburn to 26 tells me they are good.  Once Monte fully adjusts back to the college game, they should be even better.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #33 on: October 06, 2009, 01:11:12 PM »
Tennesee's D holding Florida to 23 and Auburn to 26 tells me they are good.  Once Monte fully adjusts back to the college game, they should be even better.

I don't want this to come off as an arrogant statement but the reality is both games were/could have/should have been much much worse score wise.   UF turned it over going in for a 30-3 lead.  From there, it would have turned out to the raping and pillaging most predicted.  Once UT got the TO, they did exactly what Meyer accused them of doing...playing just to keep it close.  They did the one thing you can actually do against Florida, pound the ball right at them.  It gave UT zero chance of winning, but it kept them from being blown out and made everyone say, "Damn, that Tennessee may be better than we think".

I think UT is in for several more ass whippings this year.  As much as it pains me to say it, I think Bammie will pound them into kitty litter.       
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #34 on: October 06, 2009, 01:15:13 PM »
If AU's dline can push the pocket with just the front 4, that gives everybody else a chance to drop back into coverage. Bringing in pressure with a corner would be good to mix it up from time to time, but you better hope like hell he is fast....and strong. AU's secondary could somewhat afford to play a softer than normal zone against UT due to Crompton's inability to throw. I was wondering why AU wasn't running a better scheme up front. I figured they would just blitz the living shit out of Crompton all night. Even if one of his receivers manages to get hot, do you really think he's going to get the ball to him while being chased around? Fuck no, he's probably going to throw an INT.

The AU secondary is going to have to be on their toes and play a little tighter against Arky. I'm not so sure that AU couldn't play man against them, actually. I just really don't see what Arkansas has at WR that could consistantly beat guys like McFadden and Bates in man.  I just don't understand what Mallett was thinking when he came to Arkansas.

Oh I don't know, maybe he was thinking I'd like to play for a coach who puts QB's in the NFL??  Or maybe he was thinking I'd like to go back to my favorite school and rewrite the record books? (already had two in 5 games - most TD's in a game and most yards in a game).
     Actually, he was probably thinking, I'd like to go to Alabama, but $aban is a total asshole, he treats his players like shit, their fans are a bunch of shitbirds, and they haven't put a decent qb in the league since the drunk in the pressbox played. I guess I could play there a few years then hang out with Jay Barker on the radio.  Nah, I think I'll go back home instead.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #35 on: October 06, 2009, 01:17:46 PM »
    Oh I don't know, maybe he was thinking I'd like to play for a coach who puts QB's in the NFL??  Or maybe he was thinking I'd like to go back to my favorite school and rewrite the record books? (already had two in 5 games - most TD's in a game and most yards in a game).
     Actually, he was probably thinking, I'd like to go to Alabama, but $aban is a total asshole, he treats his players like shit, their fans are a bunch of shitbirds, and they haven't put a decent qb in the league since the drunk in the pressbox played. I guess I could play there a few years then hang out with Jay Barker on the radio.  Nah, I think I'll go back home instead.

A tall, strong armed quarterback wanting to play in Bobby Petrino's system?  What the hell was he thinking?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #36 on: October 06, 2009, 01:35:54 PM »
Once Monte fully adjusts back to the college game, they should be even better.

They will be throwing dirt in his face before that happens.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

boartitz

« Reply #37 on: October 06, 2009, 06:30:52 PM »
BamaInBham
BamaNation First Team

Friends: 2

Re: Auburn's Offensive Coordinator, Gus Malzahn, getting it done!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just a couple of notes about Malzahn.

He did not invent the Wildcat, Dicky Nutt did.

He was essentially relieved of his OC duties mid season at Ark because he wanted to throw the ball with Mustain rather than run McFadden and Jones. GM almost cost Ark the Bama game. Nutt replaced an undefeated Mustain with ? and they took off.

GM was co-OC at Tulsa in charge of the passing game in Todd Graham's offense. The same O that Applewhite ran very successfully under him at Rice.

Having cleared some of that up, GM is doing a good job at AU. They are much more organized than I was led to believe regarding Spring and Fall practice. AU had more talent on O than was apparent last year and ?McCalleb? is a find. Again, GM has done a good job with what he's got. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #38 on: October 06, 2009, 06:39:37 PM »
BamaInBham
BamaNation First Team

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

He did not invent the Wildcat, tooly Nutt did.

He was essentially relieved of his OC duties mid season at Ark because he wanted to throw the ball with Mustain rather than run McFadden and Jones. GM almost cost Ark the Bama game. Nutt replaced an undefeated Mustain with ? and they took off.

GM was co-OC at Tulsa in charge of the passing game in Todd Graham's offense. The same O that Applewhite ran very successfully under him at Rice.

Having cleared some of that up, GM is doing a good job at AU. They are much more organized than I was led to believe regarding Spring and Fall practice. AU had more talent on O than was apparent last year and ?McCalleb? is a find. Again, GM has done a good job with what he's got. 

It's better to let people think you are a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt.

Not a single thing he mentioned re: Arkansas or Gus at Tulsa was accurate.  Or even close to accurate.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #39 on: October 06, 2009, 06:43:01 PM »
BamaInBham
BamaNation First Team

He did not invent the Wildcat, Dicky Nutt did.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs