Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

This is one arrogant statement

ssgaufan

• WDE!!!
This is one arrogant statement
« on: October 05, 2009, 05:44:54 PM »
Found this in the comments section of an espn story about AU.

glynn77493 (10/5/2009 at 4:08 PM) Report Violation
lol, Auburn is in for a serious wakeup come saturday.....Bama is the only team to shut down Ark explosive offense so far...im sure if we had played Tenn and Miss state we'd be 2-0 in sec play also...We screwed up again Georgia, but Georgia is a great team, ask the people who have played them, and Bama, well Bama is Bama and could probably take on most NFL teams and win...so we'll see how well Auburn does with a real SEC foe...Best of luck to ya'll but its gona be a long road trip back to alabama and back out of the rankings

I thought only bama fans were this arrogant.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

ibelonginprison

• Bama... As cool as AIDS
Re: This is one arrogant statement
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2009, 06:02:35 PM »

lol, Auburn is in for a serious wakeup come saturday.....Bama is the only team to shut down Ark explosive offense so far...im sure if we had played Tenn and Miss state we'd be 2-0 in sec play also...We screwed up again Georgia, but Georgia is a great team, ask the people who have played them, and Bama, well Bama is Bama and could probably take on most NFL teams and win...so we'll see how well Auburn does with a real SEC foe...Best of luck to ya'll but its gona be a long road trip back to alabama and back out of the rankings

That sounds like it IS a Bama fan.  And he obviously didn't watch the same first quarter against Kentucky that I did. LOL

We have our work cut out for us, for sure.  I think it's definitely VERY possible that we lose.  We're not a great overall team.  We're really good, but not great.  And it will catch up with us sooner or later.

Arkansas:  It's going to be a shoot out, for sure.  Our RB's, QB and Receivers are going to have to be ON that afternoon.  Our Oline will also need to be straight up prepared for assault.

Our D... well, I just hope they survive and don't come home in body bags. LOL
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Bama fans make me want to punch babies...

boartitz

« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2009, 06:04:51 PM »

Call me arrogant. I think we win, too. I think we win every game until it is over.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

bottomfeeder

• We're screwed.
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2009, 06:12:53 PM »
Arky,

Wow, the hogs are wild this year. I believe this will be a smash mouth SEC match up, I'm in Auburn's corner every time all of the time. The one thing that has me concerned is how bad will Auburn hurt you. I'm predicting Arky will see the up close and personal the Eye of the Tiger. I'm looking for an all out failure of the Arky OL due to mental mistakes and being physically manhandled. I'm also going to enjoy seeing Mallet eat dirt all night, that's if he is able to stand in the second quarter. A physical beat down of Arky would make me a very happy man indeed. That's what I wanna see. Oh, and it would be nice to see Eltoro in the Arky backfield doing some damage too. Good luck Hogs. NOT!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

ssgaufan

• WDE!!!
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2009, 06:33:54 PM »
Call me arrogant. I think we win, too. I think we win every game until it is over.

Titz, you are the  :tits:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2009, 07:24:39 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

ibelonginprison

• Bama... As cool as AIDS
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2009, 07:32:24 PM »

Difference between confident and arrogant. 

I'm confident.  I'm not arrogant.

OK, scratch that.  I get a little cocky on some things.  But not really about football, and I'm not obnoxious about it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Bama fans make me want to punch babies...

boartitz

« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2009, 07:39:14 PM »
I think this will be a helluva game. I want no one hurt and hope both teams win out the rest of the season.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2009, 07:57:45 PM »
I think this will be a helluva game. I want no one hurt and hope both teams win out the rest of the season.
This is what I think Auburn will bring to the game Saturday....

and then.....

"There is no sound greater than the sound of your opponent's bones crushing beneath your feet" - Genghis Khan
« Last Edit: October 05, 2009, 07:59:23 PM by The Prowler »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

boartitz

« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2009, 08:11:43 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #10 on: October 05, 2009, 08:22:14 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

bottomfeeder

• We're screwed.
« Reply #11 on: October 05, 2009, 08:33:42 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

boartitz

« Reply #12 on: October 05, 2009, 08:36:45 PM »
Dirty pool.  :bag:
I love the expression on the guy's face on the sideline.
Wingo. Practice saying it now.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2009, 08:37:38 PM by boartitz »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #13 on: October 05, 2009, 09:29:56 PM »
I love the expression on the guy's face on the sideline.
Wingo. Practice saying it now.

Damn....after watching that video, I wish Auburn could play aTm, AC would pass Groves and Washington for the alltime sacks leader...in one game, because I don't think #74 blocked Anyone on any of the passing plays.  Hell, his offensive teammate, LT #64 helped make a tackle on his own RB.  I never thought I would see a Mark Pera playing for another team ever again.

There was one Shotgun play that as soon as it was snapped, #74 stood up, extended his arms, stepped back ONE yard never touching the DE, then spun around as the QB was nearly broke in half by both DEs.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

boartitz

« Reply #14 on: October 05, 2009, 09:40:13 PM »
Damn....after watching that video, I wish Auburn could play aTm, AC would pass Groves and Washington for the alltime sacks leader...in one game, because I don't think #74 blocked Anyone on any of the passing plays.  Hell, his offensive teammate, LT #64 helped make a tackle on his own RB.  I never thought I would see a Mark Pera playing for another team ever again.

There was one Shotgun play that as soon as it was snapped, #74 stood up, extended his arms, stepped back ONE yard never touching the DE, then spun around as the QB was nearly broke in half by both DEs.
A&M sucked on D. Just what we needed after losing to Georgia and getting shit stomped by Bama. I know yall hate it, but Bama is the real deal this year from my perspective.
Let's see how yall do against them. Yall get them at the end of the season. Wer got them right off the bat.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #15 on: October 05, 2009, 09:45:37 PM »

I have been a hog fan all my life, but crap like this makes it tough sometimes.  I think we will win if we come out and play a good game, but our "special" teams play scares the hell out of me.  I can't imagine what this guy saw in Ark's games so far to give him this kind of confidence.  Every time we have to kick the ball or catch a kick, I start sucking my thumb and rocking back and forth, just praying it will turn out all right.  Also not sure what he saw from Georgia to make him think they are world beaters.  I'm betting Ok St. fans don't think Georgia is all that great.  
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #16 on: October 05, 2009, 10:05:00 PM »
A&M sucked on D. Just what we needed after losing to Georgia and getting shit stomped by Bama. I know yall hate it, but Bama is the real deal this year from my perspective.
Let's see how yall do against them. Yall get them at the end of the season. Wer got them right off the bat.
aTm might suck ballsacks, but Damn I LOVE the all white uniforms.  Did they just break out the all whites against y'all, because of the old rivalry?

As for their Defense suckin' too....

Arkansas:
Offensive plays....58
Total Net yardage....434

Outcome:
Arkansas - 47
aTm - 19
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Ogre

« Reply #17 on: October 05, 2009, 10:31:53 PM »
Every time we have to kick the ball or catch a kick, I start sucking my thumb and rocking back and forth, just praying it will turn out all right.    

We have something in common. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #18 on: October 05, 2009, 11:50:36 PM »
After watching the video I was a tad concerned about the capability of the Arkansas offense. 

Then I did some research on Texas A&M.  The Aggies gave up 521 yards to Utah State (1-3) and barely held on for a 38-30 win. 

Anemic UAB tallied over 300 in a loss to the Ags.

TAMU just isn't good on defense at all.  So that video doesn't really mean much.  Auburn would put up 600 yards on TAMU and score at least 47. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #19 on: October 06, 2009, 10:43:00 AM »
Sarcasm intended.

I'm sure it was.

I was simply noting that "not" is ridiculous.  It was ridiculous in 1993 when it was popular.  Don't bring it back.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.