Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

This is one arrogant statement

RWS

• The guy your mother warned you about
Re: This is one arrogant statement
« Reply #80 on: October 07, 2009, 11:11:58 PM »
To say Mallett is the only good player on our team is ludicrous.  To say we have no talent coming in is also ludicrous since Signing Day is 4 1/2 months away.  I'm not going to throw out some arbitrary prediction of Petrino's future success, but your statements saying he will fail are based on flawed logic, inaccuracy and wishful thinking at this point.
Oh, THAT must be why after Alabama shut him down, Arkansas couldn't do shit on offense or stop much on defense. THAT must be why we beat yall by 28 points. Because of all of the weapons on both sides of the ball. There may be some talented guys on that team to you as a fan, but compared to the rest of the SEC? Please.

Unless you guys have a huge signing day planned, I really don't see much coming in as far as recruits. Arkansas has 12 commits right now. One of those is a 4* with a total of 3 offers. The rest are 2-3 star guys. There is a fine line between a team being bad and showing recruits they have a need and can turn it around and recruits thinking the staff can't get it turned around and going elsewhere. I'm not so sure where Arky lies in that.

I swear, some of you sound like some of our fans that were talking up some of the shitty talent we were bringing in during the Shula years. "Oh, a 3* with two offers? Best thing since sliced bread! Heisman candidate!"
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

« Reply #81 on: October 07, 2009, 11:16:27 PM »
You keep saying they are better than last year, and they have more options and weapons than last year, yet we still get the same results and performances from last year. You know what the only difference is from last year? Arkansas is beating scrub teams by more than 4 points, and they played us in Tuscaloosa this year. Thats pretty much it. Oh, and that they will lose to AU this weekend.

Ricky...we had to mount monumental 4th quarter comebacks vs. Western Illinois and LA-Monroe last year (that's right...we didn't lost to LA-MO...Petrino 1, Saban 0) to start the season.  We were blown out vs. Bama, Texas and Florida in games 3, 4 and 5.  This year we easily won our opener with Mallett playing 5 series, we lost a shootout with UGA but were in it til the end, we had a VERY bad day at Bama and we blew out aTm.  You have to be an ignorant FUCK to think the 2008 and 2009 starts mirrored each other.  This is not a sprint, it's a marathon.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #82 on: October 07, 2009, 11:21:49 PM »
You guys had a tool..a Nut..and a Johnson.  I don't care if it sounds like a 6th grader...I laugh every time...especially when you played the Cocks.

The "Wildcat" or whatever anyone wants to call it, was being run so far back it's ridiculous.  Even David DUI Palmer was torching teams back in..well, whenever the hell he played for Bammer.

2006:  We had 2 Nutts, a Johnson and a Dick
2007:  We had 1 Nutt and 2 Dicks

Who would expect anything less with a buffoon for a coach.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

boartitz

« Reply #83 on: October 07, 2009, 11:22:08 PM »
Oh, THAT must be why after Alabama shut him down, Arkansas couldn't do shit on offense or stop much on defense. THAT must be why we beat yall by 28 points. Because of all of the weapons on both sides of the ball. There may be some talented guys on that team to you as a fan, but compared to the rest of the SEC? Please.

Unless you guys have a huge signing day planned, I really don't see much coming in as far as recruits. Arkansas has 12 commits right now. One of those is a 4* with a total of 3 offers. The rest are 2-3 star guys. There is a fine line between a team being bad and showing recruits they have a need and can turn it around and recruits thinking the staff can't get it turned around and going elsewhere. I'm not so sure where Arky lies in that.

I swear, some of you sound like some of our fans that were talking up some of the shitty talent we were bringing in during the Shula years. "Oh, a 3* with two offers? Best thing since sliced bread! Heisman candidate!"
This Saturday is the only day out of the whole year that I can root for you fuckers.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

• The guy your mother warned you about
« Reply #84 on: October 07, 2009, 11:25:51 PM »
Ricky...we had to mount monumental 4th quarter comebacks vs. Western Illinois and LA-Monroe last year (that's right...we didn't lost to LA-MO...Petrino 1, Saban 0) to start the season.  We were blown out vs. Bama, Texas and Florida in games 3, 4 and 5.  This year we easily won our opener with Mallett playing 5 series, we lost a shootout with UGA but were in it til the end, we had a VERY bad day at Bama and we blew out aTm.  You have to be an ignorant FUCK to think the 2008 and 2009 starts mirrored each other.  This is not a sprint, it's a marathon.
It never hurts to sprint to the finish, though. Please, keep pointing out ULM. Please, its great. You guys keep pointing it out while boasting that you beat them, and keep your .500 seasons; we'll just laugh at you and keep having 10+ win seasons. Perhaps the performances weren't the same, however, the results are. A 2-2 record and 0-2 in SEC play.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

« Reply #85 on: October 07, 2009, 11:28:39 PM »
I'm glad that you decided to do it all in a nutshell, because I know that there was a lot more to it than what you posted, but if you'd posted all of it, the meaning behind what you were trying to say would've been lost in all the information.  I didn't realize that Coach Malzahn had been basically takin' completely out...14 plays?  Are you phukin' kidding me?  Who the phuk would want to stay ANYWHERE after they're told, okay we're only going to Allow you to do an eighth of your job....we're only going to Allow you to work an eighth of you usual 40 hours...okay?!?!  phuk whoever was behind this....

On a side note....Auburn fans does any of that sound somewhat similar to last year?  One should NEVER degrade another in front of others.

Here is how it worked...

Houston Nutt, Danny Nutt, OL coach Mike Markuson and Gus would have an offensive game plan meeting on Tuesday of game week.  They would decide what plays would be called with Gus having the least input.  They would work on those plays in practice the rest of the week.  Come Saturday, Nutt would make sure only the plays he approved were called, but Gus would signal them into the huddle.  Then Nutt would say Gus had 100% control of play calling because Gus signaled in Houston, Danny and Markuson's plays.

It works the same way at OM if you watch their sideline.  Watch their game and tell me Houston and OL coach Mike Markuson (shorter blonde headed guy) are not front and center on play calling with Kent Austin "supposedly" running the show from the press box.

Nutt' best year at Arkansas was 1998 (9-3, or 75% winning percentage).  QB Clint Stoerner who was developed by Joe Ferguson used to check out of Nutt's plays ALL THE DAMN TIME.  Nutt never had another QB able to do so.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #86 on: October 07, 2009, 11:52:36 PM »
Oh, THAT must be why after Alabama shut him down, Arkansas couldn't do poop on offense or stop much on defense. THAT must be why we beat yall by 28 points. Because of all of the weapons on both sides of the ball. There may be some talented guys on that team to you as a fan, but compared to the rest of the SEC? Please.

I swear, some of you sound like some of our fans that were talking up some of the poopty talent we were bringing in during the Shula years. "Oh, a 3* with two offers? Best thing since sliced bread! Heisman candidate!"

Ricky, are you seriously going to judge Arkansas' team off one game in Tuscaloosa?  Should I judge Bama's 2008 season off the woodshed beating they took in the Sugar Bowl to the phuking Utes?

We concede you shut down Mallett and our offense.  Mallett and Petrino both said so after the game.  Both said Mallett and the rest of the team arrived at Tuscaloosa not believing they could win the game and were blown out despite only being down 7 in the 3rd.  Congrats to your team, seriously.  But hanging every comment you make after week 5 on one game is asinine.  Miami (FL) was blown out by VaTech, but they turn around and beat OU.  BYU beat OU and then are blown out by FSU who is beat by USF and BC.  You cannot judge a team this early in the season by one game.

And give me ONE link of ANYONE saying we have "weapons" on the D side of the ball as you state.  I've said here we only have 2 players (Sheppard and W. Davis) who would be able to compete for the starting job on most SEC teams.

Is Julio Jones considered one of the best players on your team?  He is if you read enough Bama boards.  So let's look at his performance vs. some of Arkansas' WR's (3 ranked in SEC Top 10) since you claim everyone on our team sucks save Mallett....

* 5 star SO Joe Adams (decommitted from SoCal when Petrino was hired):  16 catches for 216 yards, 2 TD's
* 4 star SO Jarius Wright:  13 catches for 297 yards, 2 TD's
* 4 star SO Greg Childs:  16 catches for 260 yards, 4 TD's

* 5 star SO Julio Jones:  9 catches for 133 yards, 1 TD (50 yards and 1 TD came off trick play vs. #12 SEC secondary)

As you say, our D sucks donkey balls, North TX and FIU D's were jokes and VaTech's D played no better than Arkansas' donkey sucking balls D...therefore, Julio must be a poop player, right?
« Last Edit: October 07, 2009, 11:54:57 PM by GenNormanSwinekopf »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #87 on: October 08, 2009, 12:02:33 AM »
It never hurts to sprint to the finish, though. Please, keep pointing out ULM. Please, its great. You guys keep pointing it out while boasting that you beat them, and keep your .500 seasons; we'll just laugh at you and keep having 10+ win seasons. Perhaps the performances weren't the same, however, the results are. A 2-2 record and 0-2 in SEC play.

If you pay attention, I'm saying it's pathetic you lost to ULM and we barely beat them.  Both games were the product of programs in disarray with a hodgepodge of talent and development.

Fine, we are 2-2 to open the season again.  You insist on judging a team by its opening 4 game record without considering the opposition compared to other teams and basing their end of season success without considering future opponents.  You insist on judging Petrino's recruiting class when he's only had ONE phukING game to host official recruits and is 4.5 months from signing day.  I have bent over backwards to have a reasonable conversation with you, but you continue to deflect logic and reason as if it were a toothbrush and a bar of soap.  I don't understand you, Ricky.  You spend a considerable amount of time here, but seem incapable of engaging in rational discussion on a discussion board forum.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2009, 12:04:24 AM by GenNormanSwinekopf »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #88 on: October 08, 2009, 01:48:50 AM »
I rarely to never post here, though I lurk from time to time, but I just wanted to interject that RWS appears to be the typical bammer fan...not too bright, full of arrogant and condescending opinions with no logical rationale behind them, and ignorant of football outside of bammer's 27 cardboard trophies from Big Ed's Tire Emporium in Birmingham.  You all probably already knew that.

That is all.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
« Reply #89 on: October 08, 2009, 01:52:25 AM »
I rarely to never post here, though I lurk from time to time, but I just wanted to interject that RWS appears to be the typical bammer fan...not too bright, full of arrogant and condescending opinions with no logical rationale behind them, and ignorant of football outside of bammer's 27 cardboard trophies from Big Ed's Tire Emporium in Birmingham.  You all probably already knew that.

That is all.
<3

That is all.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Redskins cornerback DeAngelo Hall said, "Guys don't mind hitting Michael Vick in the open field, but when you see Cam, you have to think about how you're going to tackle him. He's like a big tight end coming at you."

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #90 on: October 08, 2009, 09:13:58 AM »
Ricky, are you seriously going to judge Arkansas' team off one game in Tuscaloosa?  Should I judge Bama's 2008 season off the woodshed beating they took in the Sugar Bowl to the phuking Utes?

We concede you shut down Mallett and our offense.  Mallett and Petrino both said so after the game.  Both said Mallett and the rest of the team arrived at Tuscaloosa not believing they could win the game and were blown out despite only being down 7 in the 3rd.  Congrats to your team, seriously.  But hanging every comment you make after week 5 on one game is asinine.  Miami (FL) was blown out by VaTech, but they turn around and beat OU.  BYU beat OU and then are blown out by FSU who is beat by USF and BC.  You cannot judge a team this early in the season by one game.

And give me ONE link of ANYONE saying we have "weapons" on the D side of the ball as you state.  I've said here we only have 2 players (Sheppard and W. Davis) who would be able to compete for the starting job on most SEC teams.

Is Julio Jones considered one of the best players on your team?  He is if you read enough Bama boards.  So let's look at his performance vs. some of Arkansas' WR's (3 ranked in SEC Top 10) since you claim everyone on our team sucks save Mallett....

* 5 star SO Joe Adams (decommitted from SoCal when Petrino was hired):  16 catches for 216 yards, 2 TD's
* 4 star SO Jarius Wright:  13 catches for 297 yards, 2 TD's
* 4 star SO Greg Childs:  16 catches for 260 yards, 4 TD's

* 5 star SO Julio Jones:  9 catches for 133 yards, 1 TD (50 yards and 1 TD came off trick play vs. #12 SEC secondary)

As you say, our D sucks donkey balls, North TX and FIU D's were jokes and VaTech's D played no better than Arkansas' donkey sucking balls D...therefore, Julio must be a poop player, right?
You must not lurk enough to realize stats don't matter to them.

PS: you should post more often!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum