Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Bama v. Hogs

RWS

• The guy your mother warned you about
Re: Bama v. Hogs
« Reply #40 on: September 27, 2009, 03:12:11 PM »
You fucks are the 8th ranked offense because of the lack of quality defenses you faced in two of your first three weeks.  It's only gonna get worse from this point forward.  
The same could be said for AU in all four of your games. I doubt you want to make that argument. Or, are you guys still arguing that La Tech is actually a really good team and that WVU is as good or better than Va Tech?
« Last Edit: September 27, 2009, 03:21:45 PM by RWS »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

RWS

« Reply #41 on: September 27, 2009, 03:19:03 PM »
This guy is the prototypical Bama fan.  He is the mold from which you are all created.  Him and Frank Crittenden are representative of 99.9999999999999999999995% of your entire fanbase.  

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/259241-stacking-mc-up-against-the-secs-best-shows-hes-doing-fine
Prowler is the prototypical AU fan. He is the mold from which you are all created. Him and Chopper are representative of 99.9999999999999999999995% of your entire fanbase. Throw Chizad in there as well.

Just because I say so. See how easy that is?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #42 on: September 27, 2009, 03:59:30 PM »
Prowler is the prototypical AU fan. He is the mold from which you are all created. Him and Chopper are representative of 99.9999999999999999999995% of your entire fanbase. Throw Chizad in there as well.

Except you are wrong. 

See how easy that is? 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

RWS

« Reply #43 on: September 27, 2009, 04:02:47 PM »
As rated by whom? Tidefans.com? Didn't you just contradict yourself? I think you did.

Here's an idea for you tiders .... go seek affirmation somewhere that people give a shit about what bammer does. You're not going to get it here.
As rated by the NCAA, dumbass. Arky had the #2 total offense coming into yesterday.

#91 Rushing Offense
#2 Passing Offense
#8 Scoring Offense

#2 Total Offense

Did you just make yourself look like a dumbass? I think you did.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

ssgaufan

• WDE!!!
« Reply #44 on: September 27, 2009, 04:04:03 PM »
I said two of your first three jackasses.  And find a post where I was bragging about AUs offensive ranking.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Pell City Tiger

• Moral Highlander
« Reply #45 on: September 27, 2009, 04:16:14 PM »
As rated by the NCAA, dumbass. Arky had the #2 total offense coming into yesterday.

#91 Rushing Offense
#2 Passing Offense
#8 Scoring Offense

#2 Total Offense

Did you just make yourself look like a dumbass? I think you did.
Another inflated ranking. This proves that early season statistics don't mean shit. Va Tech had the 107th ranked run defense, but you all touted it as the second coming of the steel curtain.

http://web1.ncaa.org/mfb/natlRank.jsp?year=2009&rpt=IA_teamtotoff&site=org&div=IA&dest=O
« Last Edit: September 27, 2009, 04:32:40 PM by Pell City Tiger »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I stood up, unzipped my pants, lowered my shorts and placed my bare ass on the window. That's the last thing I wanted those people to see of me."

RWS

« Reply #46 on: September 27, 2009, 06:39:47 PM »
Another inflated ranking. This proves that early season statistics don't mean shit. Va Tech had the 107th ranked run defense, but you all touted it as the second coming of the steel curtain.

http://web1.ncaa.org/mfb/natlRank.jsp?year=2009&rpt=IA_teamtotoff&site=org&div=IA&dest=O
Ok then, you know that really high offensive ranking AU has? Just inflated. Early season statistics don't mean shit. Its funny how some of you will clamor over a high ranking AU has, but it doesn't count for any other team. I think most here were saying that Arky would be much improved this season. Mallett can certainly throw the ball. I think our defense is just that damn good. Even playing two backups the whole time, its that good. Say what you want, but out defensive rating of #2 certainly isn't inflated.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Pell City Tiger

• Moral Highlander
« Reply #47 on: September 27, 2009, 07:46:03 PM »
Ok then, you know that really high offensive ranking AU has? Just inflated. Early season statistics don't mean shit. Its funny how some of you will clamor over a high ranking AU has, but it doesn't count for any other team. I think most here were saying that Arky would be much improved this season. Mallett can certainly throw the ball. I think our defense is just that damn good. Even playing two backups the whole time, its that good. Say what you want, but out defensive rating of #2 certainly isn't inflated.
Show me where I've said anything about our statistical ranking. Quit being a pussy.

« Last Edit: September 27, 2009, 07:47:26 PM by Pell City Tiger »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I stood up, unzipped my pants, lowered my shorts and placed my bare ass on the window. That's the last thing I wanted those people to see of me."

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #48 on: September 27, 2009, 09:49:11 PM »

Fuck you.

If I'm an irrational homer, you're Sir Ricky of Rant.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #49 on: September 27, 2009, 11:48:30 PM »
Fuck you.

If I'm an irrational homer, you're Sir Ricky of Rant.

I love how I keep getting thrown into this bullshit as well.  Show me where I'm all "ra-ra" and going crazy about how awesome shit is.  This is just the typical shit that RWS does that maintains that you can't take him seriously at times. 

I also love that RWS is suddenly generalizing our fan base, when he can't even identify his own. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #50 on: September 28, 2009, 09:18:35 AM »
I love how I keep getting thrown into this bullshit as well.  Show me where I'm all "ra-ra" and going crazy about how awesome shit is.  This is just the typical shit that RWS does that maintains that you can't take him seriously at times. 

I also love that RWS is suddenly generalizing our fan base, when he can't even identify his own. 
I'd like for him to point out specifically why we're ra-ra sunshine pumpers.

Because we suggested that Gene Chizik and the staff he assembled may not be a complete and utter failure on all levels? He may not be the most incompetent, completely incapable coach in SEC history? Yeah, we sure had no idea what we were talking about. That benevolent opposition that insisted we were water heads, sure read the future. Of the three new SEC hires, one is 4-0 and the others are 2-2.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
« Reply #51 on: September 28, 2009, 10:21:17 AM »
I'd like for him to point out specifically why we're ra-ra sunshine pumpers.

Because we suggested that Gene Chizik and the staff he assembled may not be a complete and utter failure on all levels? He may not be the most incompetent, completely incapable coach in SEC history? Yeah, we sure had no idea what we were talking about. That benevolent opposition that insisted we were water heads, sure read the future. Of the three new SEC hires, one is 4-0 and the others are 2-2.
In their defense though, Tennessee played Florida and UCLA, and Miss State sucks.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Redskins cornerback DeAngelo Hall said, "Guys don't mind hitting Michael Vick in the open field, but when you see Cam, you have to think about how you're going to tackle him. He's like a big tight end coming at you."

jadennis

« Reply #52 on: September 28, 2009, 10:37:52 AM »
In their defense though, Tennessee played Florida and UCLA, and Miss State sucks.

This is true, and Miss State's two losses are to us and LSU.

Although I don't think Miss State and UCLA are that different.  I actually think Miss State is a decent team.  LSU is struggling a bit right now, but Miss State still has to be decent to be on the goal line with a chance to win it 31-30.

And this is just my opinion, but statistics and rankings aside, the eyeball test tells me that Alabama's defense is damn good.  Play-makers and studs all over the field.  I feel like almost every starter's name is a name you'll recognize by years end.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"To me Auburn is not in Auburn, Alabama. Auburn is the people who care about Auburn, the people who love Auburn. Wherever they are, that’s Auburn, Auburn is in your heart. You play for it."

- Reggie Torbor

jadennis

« Reply #53 on: September 28, 2009, 11:13:52 AM »
How are Todd's stats almost identicel to McElroys (despite 2 more touchdowns and less yds)  ((despite McElroy handing the ball off in the 4th and then putting the 2nd stringers in)) (((despite McElory playing against an SEC team and Todd playing against..... wait, who the hell did Auburn play again???)))

Well, for one thing, having touchdown drives of 50 seconds, 33 seconds, and 31 seconds affects things pretty significantly.  And while 291 yards and 287 yards are basically identical, 5 TD passes and 3 TD passes are not nearly identical. 

I'm also trying to figure out what difference it makes what the two QBs stats look like compared to each other.  You do know they aren't the only ones that gather offensive statistics right?  Other QBs play, running backs carry the ball, etc. 

Todd produced 43% of our yards for the game.  He wasn't asked to do it all, as we also ran for 254 yards.  On the other hand, you guys pounded out an uninspiring 3.3 yards per carry to total 134 yards.  McElroy was asked to do a lot more in order win the game, which is fine, you gotta do what gotta do to win.

But you can't really compare the stats of the two QBs when one team also ran for 250+ yards.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"To me Auburn is not in Auburn, Alabama. Auburn is the people who care about Auburn, the people who love Auburn. Wherever they are, that’s Auburn, Auburn is in your heart. You play for it."

- Reggie Torbor

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #54 on: September 28, 2009, 11:33:15 AM »
How are Todd's stats almost identicel to McElroys (despite 2 more touchdowns and less yds)  ((despite McElroy handing the ball off in the 4th and then putting the 2nd stringers in)) (((despite McElory playing against an SEC team and Todd playing against..... wait, who the hell did Auburn play again???)))

Lets compare shall we:

Alabama  Opp.            Defensive Rank                              Auburn   Opp.           Def Rank
Virginia Tech                   38                                              La Tech                     100
FIU                              118                                              Miss. St                       31
N. Texas                        84                                              WVU                            35
Arkansas                        91                                              Ball St                        104

Avg Def Ranking for bama Opponents= 82.75
Avg Def Ranking for Auburn Opponents= 67.5

McElmo = 63-93  67%   938 yds  7tds 1int
Todd    = 62-106 58% 1012 yds 11tds 1int

Jeez what are we talking about you are so right, Chris Todd does suck.

FOR THE WIN!!!!!!!!
« Last Edit: September 28, 2009, 11:56:27 AM by Godfather »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #55 on: September 28, 2009, 11:43:54 AM »
BTW using my above stats I can totally see why you guys deserve to be ranked #3 in the land and why we are unranked, playing those shit teams like we have. I mean FIU and North Texas just compete for the BCS year in and year out.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #56 on: September 28, 2009, 11:52:18 AM »
Sooooooooo...Auburn has played two defenses that rate higher nationally than the Hokies D?
BWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAA

Yeah...Auburn really hasn't played anybody.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #57 on: September 28, 2009, 11:57:41 AM »
Lets compare shall we:

Alabama  Opp.            Defensive Rank                              Auburn   Opp.           Def Rank
Virginia Tech                   38                                              La Tech                     100
FIU                              118                                              Miss. St                       31
N. Texas                        84                                              WVU                            35
Arkansas                        91                                              Ball St                        104

Avg Def Ranking for bama Opponents= 82.75
Avg Def Ranking for Auburn Opponents= 67.5

McElmo = 63-93  67%   938 yds  7tds 1int
Todd    = 62-106 58% 1012 yds 11tds 1int

Jeez what are we talking about you are so right, Chris Todd does suck.

FOR THE WIN!!!!!!!!

:pwnd:

We good?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

ssgaufan

• WDE!!!
« Reply #58 on: September 28, 2009, 12:55:36 PM »
Where o where did all the bammers go?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #59 on: September 28, 2009, 01:01:03 PM »
Where o where did all the bammers go?

Facts are like kryptonite to a Bammer.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."