Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Most Likely Upsets-Week 5

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
Re: Most Likely Upsets-Week 5
« Reply #20 on: September 29, 2009, 05:48:42 PM »
So true.  Had Ole Miss played Florida in week 10 last year, they would have been Tebow'ed by 20 pts. 

Or how Georgia was playing at the end of 2006. 
Or Auburn at the end of 2005. 
Or Arkansas losing by 500 points to USC early in the year in 2006, then winning the SEC west.

And I agree, starters vs starters, I like our chances with anyone.  Our defense concerns me, but I'm less concerned than I was a few days ago.  Our coaches have basically conceded that they didn't care one tiny rats ass how many points Ball State scored once we had a decent lead. 

They played anyone and everyone, including scout team players that had never even seen BSU's scheme or plays.  It's one thing to have a sub in with the starters, it's another thing entirely to have all subs and scout team.  I think holding West Virginia to 9 points in the final three quarters shows something about what our defense is capable of.  If we keep forcing turnovers, we'll be alright I think.

The whole point of the scout team(defense) is to emulate the opposing teams defense for that week.  Just an FYI.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Redskins cornerback DeAngelo Hall said, "Guys don't mind hitting Michael Vick in the open field, but when you see Cam, you have to think about how you're going to tackle him. He's like a big tight end coming at you."

jadennis

« Reply #21 on: September 29, 2009, 05:52:45 PM »
The whole point of the scout team(defense) is to emulate the opposing teams defense for that week.  Just an FYI.

Thanks, but our scout team defense doesn't play against their defense...they play against the other teams offense.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2009, 05:54:01 PM by jadennis »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"To me Auburn is not in Auburn, Alabama. Auburn is the people who care about Auburn, the people who love Auburn. Wherever they are, that’s Auburn, Auburn is in your heart. You play for it."

- Reggie Torbor

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
« Reply #22 on: September 29, 2009, 06:26:04 PM »
Thanks, but our scout team defense doesn't play against their defense...they play against the other teams offense.
My point was that the scout team had seen the schemes and plays, you weren't specific as to which one though. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Redskins cornerback DeAngelo Hall said, "Guys don't mind hitting Michael Vick in the open field, but when you see Cam, you have to think about how you're going to tackle him. He's like a big tight end coming at you."

AUTailgatingRules

• Home of the Tailgate
  • By the Pink Dumpster since 2004
« Reply #23 on: September 29, 2009, 06:43:12 PM »

Actually, our scout team defense is responsible for playing the schemes of the other defense and plays against OUR offense.  Therefore they do not get to see the opposing teams offense during practice.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jadennis

« Reply #24 on: September 29, 2009, 07:21:03 PM »
My bad for being unclear.  What I meant is that our scout defense practices against our offense.  But when they go into the actual game, they are playing against the other teams offense, which is something they hadn't been prepared for or studying, so its no wonder they are a bit lost.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"To me Auburn is not in Auburn, Alabama. Auburn is the people who care about Auburn, the people who love Auburn. Wherever they are, that’s Auburn, Auburn is in your heart. You play for it."

- Reggie Torbor

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #25 on: September 29, 2009, 08:19:07 PM »
But it's so simple. All I have to do is divine from what I know of you: are you the sort of man who would put the poison into his own goblet or his enemy's? Now, a clever man would put the poison into his own goblet, because he would know that only a great fool would reach for what he was given. I am not a great fool, so I can clearly not choose the wine in front of you. But you must have known I was not a great fool, you would have counted on it, so I can clearly not choose the wine in front of me.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #26 on: September 29, 2009, 08:24:53 PM »
But it's so simple. All I have to do is divine from what I know of you: are you the sort of man who would put the poison into his own goblet or his enemy's? Now, a clever man would put the poison into his own goblet, because he would know that only a great fool would reach for what he was given. I am not a great fool, so I can clearly not choose the wine in front of you. But you must have known I was not a great fool, you would have counted on it, so I can clearly not choose the wine in front of me.
:rofl:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

jadennis

« Reply #27 on: September 29, 2009, 08:25:55 PM »

Never enter a land war in China, and only slightly less known is....never go up against a Sicilian when death is on the line!

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

- Reggie Torbor

boartitz

« Reply #28 on: September 29, 2009, 09:10:03 PM »
You put the lime in the coconut.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #29 on: September 29, 2009, 09:30:05 PM »
You put the lime in the coconut.

And drink em' both together.  Put the lime in the coconut and you feel better
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

boartitz

« Reply #30 on: September 30, 2009, 09:49:46 AM »

And drink em' both together.  Put the lime in the coconut and you feel better
I say Doctor.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions