Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Bama v. Hogs

boartitz

Re: Bama v. Hogs
« Reply #20 on: September 26, 2009, 07:05:46 PM »
I would just like to reiterate......

Fuck Arkansas.
We be not contenders. We be spoilers from now on.
Bama is tough against teams with no defense.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

boartitz

« Reply #21 on: September 26, 2009, 07:16:03 PM »
We got beat like the #3 team in the country should beat unranked opps at home. Feel better?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Argo

« Reply #22 on: September 26, 2009, 07:24:14 PM »

It was great that our offense was able to score touchdowns, but don't kid yourself.  We could have beat yall today with Missouri State's offense.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

• The guy your mother warned you about
« Reply #23 on: September 26, 2009, 07:26:04 PM »
We be not contenders. We be spoilers from now on.
Everybody knew the defense wouldn't be much of a matchup. The question was Mallett. I think that question has been resoundingly answered. One thing, though. They would have been smart to pick on Kareem Jackson a little more. He costs us at least one TD a game. I don't know what his issue is, but he has got to start looking for the ball when his man starts looking back, or jumps in the air for that matter.

I think something else Alabama continues to show is even if you shut down our run, or it doesn't go as well as we would like, we are still a threat throwing the ball. Thats not so much a dimension we had last season.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2009, 07:28:24 PM by RWS »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

Birmingham

« Reply #24 on: September 26, 2009, 07:31:36 PM »
Everybody knew the defense wouldn't be much of a matchup. The question was Mallett. I think that question has been resoundingly answered. One thing, though. They would have been smart to pick on Kareem Jackson a little more. He costs us at least one TD a game. I don't know what his issue is, but he has got to start looking for the ball when his man starts looking back, or jumps in the air for that matter.

I think something else Alabama continues to show is even if you shut down our run, or it doesn't go as well as we would like, we are still a threat throwing the ball. Thats not so much a dimension we had last season.

Excellent assessment that can be confirmed in simple stats.

Greg McElory 17-24, 291 yds, 3 TD's, 0 INT's

Movie Star Mallett 12-35, 160 yds, 1 TD, 1 INT

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

« Reply #25 on: September 26, 2009, 07:35:49 PM »
This disturbs me as well.  When arms are extended and in full grasp of jersey, why isn't that a flag?  

It's consistent with Bama and rarely called on them.  I've watched enough football to know that they are the only team that gets away with that on a regular basis.  

Why?
I can show you some pics from the North Texas game of them holding on some plays. Same thing from the VT game. I don't see you bitching about that. There was a facemask on the end of one of Arenas' plays that wasn't called. Nothing from you. Uncalled roughing the passer on the jump pass. No tears, yet again. Pretty sure I saw a few uncalled Arky holds as well. But hey, all that is OK. Only uncalled penalties against Alabama deserve the bullshit flag to be thrown up. Oh, and we're the only team that consistantly gets away with holding players? Man, I guess we're paying those refs. Your argument is petty.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

RWS

« Reply #26 on: September 26, 2009, 07:39:39 PM »

Yeah, and who was the question mark supposedly according to rival fanbases entering the season? I will take McElroy's 213 rating in the Arky game any day. Our win wasn't nearly as dominating as last season's against them, but the results were largely the same. McElroy isn't next in line for the Heisman or anything, but I think he is above the level of "serviceable" so far. We're only 4 games in, but still, he could have shit the bed for that matter if he was just that bad. The good thing? He is only a Junior.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

boartitz

« Reply #27 on: September 26, 2009, 10:50:21 PM »
Good game. I'd rather get beat by a good team than lose a game that we should have won. Yall beat us all around. I hope yall go far. The SEC needs someone to rise to the top.
It's down to yall and Auburn in the west. Yall are both in the cat bird's seat.
We didn't play up to our potential today for whatever reason, but yall were the better team anyways. I just wish that we had have given yall more competition.
Yall have a helluva defense. If yall can get the pitch and catch down, yall may go places. Yall may have had another couple of scores against us if your receivers could catch the ball. That may be crucial on down the line.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jesus

« Reply #28 on: September 26, 2009, 11:18:33 PM »

phuk Arkansas.

Stay classy Alabama
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Stir Good!  Puppy on bottom.

boartitz

« Reply #29 on: September 26, 2009, 11:26:40 PM »

Stay classy Alabama
+8 on the bottle.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
« Reply #30 on: September 27, 2009, 06:10:05 AM »

Chris "Trust In Gus" Todd  19-26 287 yards 5 Td's, 0 Int's 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.

Birmingham

« Reply #31 on: September 27, 2009, 08:37:03 AM »
Chris "Trust In Gus" Todd  19-26 287 yards 5 Td's, 0 Int's 

How are Todd's stats almost identicel to McElroys (despite 2 more touchdowns and less yds)  ((despite McElroy handing the ball off in the 4th and then putting the 2nd stringers in)) (((despite McElory playing against an SEC team and Todd playing against..... wait, who the hell did Auburn play again???)))
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #32 on: September 27, 2009, 10:32:48 AM »
How are Todd's stats almost identicel to McElroys (despite 2 more touchdowns and less yds)  ((despite McElroy handing the ball off in the 4th and then putting the 2nd stringers in)) (((despite McElory playing against an SEC team and Todd playing against..... wait, who the hell did Auburn play again???)))

Let's see. 

You fucks were trumpeting McElroy for Heisman after that huge, massive, glorious win over (North) Texas. 

Arkansas gave up 294 KABILLION yards to Georgia.  McElroy and the Tahd wasn't as effective as the Bulldogs were.

McElroy is a ginger homosexual. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

RWS

« Reply #33 on: September 27, 2009, 12:30:24 PM »

Let's see. 

You fucks were trumpeting McElroy for Heisman after that huge, massive, glorious win over (North) Texas. 

Arkansas gave up 294 KABILLION yards to Georgia.  McElroy and the Tahd wasn't as effective as the Bulldogs were.

McElroy is a ginger homosexual. 
Please show me where anybody here was trumpeting McElroy for Heisman. I doubt it was happening all that much anywhere else, either. I would love for you to show me where the fanbase was collectively advocating McElroy for Heisman.

Alabama racked up 425 yards of offense yesterday. If not for two drops by Peek, and then a drop by Maze, we would have had over 500 yards. Those were plays where they were wide open and flat out dropped it. UGA had 530 yards against Arky. Alabama's game plan isn't quick scoring and just chunking it down field. The gameplan is to nickel and dime an opponent to death and hang on to the ball as long as possible on offense. We're averaging 490 yds/game, and total offense is ranked #8 in the country. I think this is the first game of the season we haven't hit 500 yards of offense, but still, I'll take it. We shut down the #2 offense in the country. 

You act like our offense just didn't do worth a damn or something. Its not like Arky's offense is anything to write home about, but we handled business nonetheless.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Pell City Tiger

• Moral Highlander
« Reply #34 on: September 27, 2009, 01:29:24 PM »
We shut down the #2 offense in the country. 

You act like our offense just didn't do worth a damn or something. Its not like Arky's offense is anything to write home about, but we handled business nonetheless.
As rated by whom? Tidefans.com? Didn't you just contradict yourself? I think you did.

Here's an idea for you tiders .... go seek affirmation somewhere that people give a shit about what bammer does. You're not going to get it here.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I stood up, unzipped my pants, lowered my shorts and placed my bare ass on the window. That's the last thing I wanted those people to see of me."

« Reply #35 on: September 27, 2009, 02:13:12 PM »
There was a facemask on the end of one of Arenas' plays that wasn't called. Nothing from you.

I wouldn't complain about missed facemask calls.  Right at the beginning of the game a defensive lineman went by and grabbed Mallet's facemask and about twisted his head off,  no call.

We got beat by a better team, but we didn't do much to help ourselves, either.  When you are trying to pull off an upset, you just cannot make as many unforced errors as we had.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

ssgaufan

• WDE!!!
« Reply #36 on: September 27, 2009, 02:26:48 PM »
You fucks are the 8th ranked offense because of the lack of quality defenses you faced in two of your first three weeks.  It's only gonna get worse from this point forward. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #37 on: September 27, 2009, 02:28:41 PM »
You fucks are the 8th ranked offense because of the lack of quality defenses you faced in two of your first three weeks.  It's only gonna get worse from this point forward. 

pot and kettle and shit...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Birmingham

« Reply #38 on: September 27, 2009, 02:42:23 PM »
pot and kettle and poop...

Yeah, VT blows.  That's why after 4 weeks of play they've worked their way directly back into the top 10 and not only that, they're ranked higher now than they were preseason.  So much for "preseason hype".
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #39 on: September 27, 2009, 02:43:03 PM »
Please show me where anybody here was trumpeting McElroy for Heisman. I doubt it was happening all that much anywhere else, either. I would love for you to show me where the fanbase was collectively advocating McElroy for Heisman.

Alabama racked up 425 yards of offense yesterday. If not for two drops by Peek, and then a drop by Maze, we would have had over 500 yards. Those were plays where they were wide open and flat out dropped it. UGA had 530 yards against Arky. Alabama's game plan isn't quick scoring and just chunking it down field. The gameplan is to nickel and dime an opponent to death and hang on to the ball as long as possible on offense. We're averaging 490 yds/game, and total offense is ranked #8 in the country. I think this is the first game of the season we haven't hit 500 yards of offense, but still, I'll take it. We shut down the #2 offense in the country. 

This guy is the prototypical Bama fan.  He is the mold from which you are all created.  Him and Frank Crittenden are representative of 99.9999999999999999999995% of your entire fanbase.  

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/259241-stacking-mc-up-against-the-secs-best-shows-hes-doing-fine
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.