Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Runaway Train

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
Runaway Train
« on: September 21, 2009, 12:46:08 PM »

Awesome compliation, perfect song choice. 

Notes: 

Watched Fannin's screen pass four times.  Still have no idea what the WV defense is doing.  They just ran past him in the opposite direction.  Unreal. 

Chizik ties his shoe. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
Re: Runaway Train
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2009, 01:05:12 PM »
Chizik ties his shoe.  
Seriously, why the hell include that?
« Last Edit: September 21, 2009, 01:21:18 PM by AUChizad »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2009, 01:14:32 PM »
Seriously, why the hell include that?

Because it happened? 

Maybe there's a message there?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2009, 01:14:45 PM »
Great video. Well, I'll tell ya before Fannin ran for glory I thought that we didnt have a player on our team that was as fast as Noel Devine. Fannin proved me wrong. They shut our running game down for the most part but I am sure glad Todd had the balls to stand in there and bring our team to victory. It wasnt a pretty game but it proved that this years Auburn team isnt about folding or calling it quites.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2009, 01:16:43 PM »
Great video. Well, I'll tell ya before Fannin ran for glory I thought that we didnt have a player on our team that was as fast as Noel Devine. Fannin proved me wrong. They shut our running game down for the most part but I am sure glad Todd had the balls to stand in there and bring our team to victory. It wasnt a pretty game but it proved that this years Auburn team isnt about folding or calling it quites.

You have to enjoy the fact that in the last few games we've broken a big play like that.  Also in each of them, the player outran others in hot pursuit...

McCalebb's long run, Tate's long run, T-Zach's play and now Fannin....  Lot more speed out there than we've been given credit for.  Great to see!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2009, 01:22:23 PM »
Because it happened? 

And that message is...?

What kind of coach allows his shoes to become untied! On game day! Next thing you know, he might cough or something!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2009, 01:33:46 PM »
And that message is...?

What kind of coach allows his shoes to become untied! On game day! Next thing you know, he might cough or something!

I didn't make the video.  i did find that part amusing, however.  Roof coaching. Malzahn coaching. Chizik tying his shoe.  The sequence seemed to have a specific agenda.  Maybe not.  Maybe it was coincidence.

My overall opinion of Chzik remains the same as it was six months ago.  There's that.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2009, 01:34:59 PM by Kaos »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2009, 01:34:51 PM »
Because it happened? 

...that he is human after all.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2009, 01:35:52 PM »
My overall opinion of Chzik remains the same as it was six months ago.  There's that.

Have you seen a spark that would bring down the Hindenburg (his "blueprint") yet?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2009, 01:40:55 PM »
Have you seen a spark that would bring down the Hindenburg (his "blueprint") yet?

My opinion of Chizik has not changed. 

I've had two opportunities to see him up close and personal, to hear him speak to watch what he says and what he does. 

My opinion has not changed. 

Not going to get into it all again.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2009, 01:43:52 PM »
Really? For every breakthrough stride you take, you close your eyes, shake your head and say "No. No. I must be hallucinating. This can't be real. I won't believe it. I won't!"

You've very specifically commented on how this is an Auburn team that is executing and determined like no Auburn team in memory. How you can see that, yet still think Chizik is an inept fuck-up is beyond me...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #11 on: September 21, 2009, 01:45:12 PM »
My opinion of Chizik has not changed. 

I've had two opportunities to see him up close and personal, to hear him speak to watch what he says and what he does. 

My opinion has not changed. 

Not going to get into it all again.

I think your writing speaks for you here anyway.  I was just curious how it couldn't change one way or the other, now that there's some gameplay behind it.  

I think I'll be more curious to see him, and this staff handle a loss.   It'll happen eventually.  
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #12 on: September 21, 2009, 01:50:28 PM »
Really? For every breakthrough stride you take, you close your eyes, shake your head and say "No. No. I must be hallucinating. This can't be real. I won't believe it. I won't!"

You've very specifically commented on how this is an Auburn team that is executing and determined like no Auburn team in memory. How you can see that, yet still think Chizik is an inept phuk-up is beyond me...

You don't understand me or what I'm trying to say.  Never really have. 

That's not how I react to things at all. 

I don't care to have this discussion. 

I've said before that I don't think Chizik is a very smart guy, that he's a walking cliche-fest.  He's seemingly hired good people and he stays out of their way. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #13 on: September 21, 2009, 01:59:48 PM »
I've said before that I don't think Chizik is a very smart guy, that he's a walking cliche-fest.  He's seemingly hired good people and he stays out of their way. 

This seems to be a good example of where, why and how you confuse people on your position.  Whatever though...

Basically you think he's inept, but showed the exact opposite when he went through selecting a staff.   I think it's hard to get players and a staff to buy into a cliche-fest.  The players at least seem to definitely be believing, and you hear a consistent message from the players in interviews. 

Oh well...time will tell I guess...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
« Reply #14 on: September 21, 2009, 02:03:03 PM »

Awesome compliation, perfect song choice. 

Notes: 

Watched Fannin's screen pass four times.  Still have no idea what the WV defense is doing.  They just ran past him in the opposite direction.  Unreal. 

Chizik ties his shoe. 
It's all part of the blueprint......
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.

jadennis

« Reply #15 on: September 21, 2009, 02:26:52 PM »
Kaos, I'm not sure how it's possible that at least portions of your opinion haven't changed.

The hire being a disaster, the cliches, etc, all remain the same, but you did have more than just a doubt about his ability to exert any control or organization on this program. 

You have ranted more than once about his insanely disorganized sidelines, his ridiculous attention to detail, etc.  Basically you have thought him to be completely inept in every way possible.

How, at this point, regardless of wins and losses, can you not look and at least say "well, he may have learned some things from those years at Iowa State, I'm surprised"?

I know, you don't want to get into it, and that's fine, I'm sure everyone else doesn't want to get too into it either.  That said, it does seem impossible that at least some aspect of your opinion of him hasn't changed.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"To me Auburn is not in Auburn, Alabama. Auburn is the people who care about Auburn, the people who love Auburn. Wherever they are, that’s Auburn, Auburn is in your heart. You play for it."

- Reggie Torbor

ibelonginprison

• Bama... As cool as AIDS
« Reply #16 on: September 21, 2009, 02:34:42 PM »
You don't understand me or what I'm trying to say.  Never really have. 
I'd like to get to understand you better.  Maybe you like long walks on the beach and AUChopper just likes a candle lit dinner.  Care to elaborate?

That's not how I react to things at all. 

How DO you react to things?  Irrational humans react and then assess a situation afterwards.  Rational human's will make an initial analysis, develop an opinion or theory, then as time progresses evaluate that opinion or theory.  After watching a team whose anemic offense put a hockey score on the board last year for Miss State come out this year and score 127 points and put out over 1500 yards in the first three GAMES of the season..... when do you chose to make your "opinion re-evaluation?"

I don't care to have this discussion. 

Why are you on a discussion board..... just a thought.

That's a little contradictory, wouldn't you say?  "He's an idiot, but he's surrounded himself with people who know what they're doing and he stays out of the way and who, magically, have worked really, really well together.  It's a mere coincidence that Gene Chizik's plan that he assembled with his recruits and his coaches has managed to put almost 40% total yards in the books compared to last years entire season in just three games, and also has managed to almost DOUBLE the points put up in the same three games as opposed to the first three games last year."

I mean, at what point do you say "This guy might have a little something upstairs, he may not be the best COACH out there, but he damn sure put together something that worked, so I have to give him at least a sliver of credit to knowing what he was doing."

Many would argue that the definition of a good leader has little to do with whether or not you can do everything yourself, and has a lot to do with whether you can put the right people together, and know when, where, and how to delegate the proper tasks to the right people.

I would think that Joe Paterno stopped demonstrating to his linemen how to hit a long time ago, but it's hard to say he's a "bad coach."

But, those are just my opinions.  You have yours, I have mine.

By the way, nice to meet you.  I like candle lit dinners AND walks on the beach.  
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Bama fans make me want to punch babies...

« Reply #17 on: September 21, 2009, 02:41:00 PM »
He made a move on the first date and I spurned him.  It's never been the same since.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

ibelonginprison

• Bama... As cool as AIDS
« Reply #18 on: September 21, 2009, 02:47:00 PM »
Zooey: "Was there tongue involved?"
Peter: "Oh yeah, he was all up in there."
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Bama fans make me want to punch babies...

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #19 on: September 21, 2009, 02:54:25 PM »
Why are you on a discussion board..... just a thought.
Don't ask question you don't want to hear the answer to. PLEASE, lets not rehash.  prison just do a search for Kaos &/or Chopper a love story, read 5 minutes and you will get it.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2009, 03:43:34 PM by Godfather »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum