Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Runaway Train

jadennis

Re: Runaway Train
« Reply #20 on: September 21, 2009, 03:00:50 PM »

I mean, at what point do you say "This guy might have a little something upstairs, he may not be the best COACH out there, ....

And here's the thing, we do also know that he can coach, and coach very well.  (not arguing with you, your point is still the same, just using this to make an additional point).  He won the Broyles award for being the best coordinator in the country, and he did it for an Auburn team where the offense was in the spot light most of that year (2004).

So we know he knows football.  We know he can personally coach players, no question.  Now it appears he has at least begun to understand what it is like to assemble and lead other quality coaches.  

Let's not leave out another great quality as a head coach we've learned about him thus far.  We have been down in all three games we've played.  We've been "run over" on the field early in the last two games, giving up 17 straight at one point to MSU, and falling behind 14-0 before eagle landed in the middle of the field.

Yet the players, the sidelines, the coaches, all remained calm.  That's a demeanor that starts at the top with our head coach.  That is not a characteristic that I (or Kaos) expected to see out of Chizik.

All that to say, I think we've seen enough, even this early, to say there is more to him than cliches and blueprints.  Regardless of the record at the end of the year, we can say now that we are in better hands than we feared back in December.  How much better we may not know until 2011, but there is enough to cause a reevaluation of what was expected.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2009, 03:02:02 PM by jadennis »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"To me Auburn is not in Auburn, Alabama. Auburn is the people who care about Auburn, the people who love Auburn. Wherever they are, that’s Auburn, Auburn is in your heart. You play for it."

- Reggie Torbor

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
« Reply #21 on: September 21, 2009, 03:02:59 PM »
I don't give a shit about any of this banter.  I know one thing... 

I will never doubt this Auburn team again because they will not quit.  Fuck the polls, I do not care, this Auburn team has impressed me and I don't give a shit what anyone outside of the Auburn Family thinks.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Redskins cornerback DeAngelo Hall said, "Guys don't mind hitting Michael Vick in the open field, but when you see Cam, you have to think about how you're going to tackle him. He's like a big tight end coming at you."

« Reply #22 on: September 21, 2009, 03:04:31 PM »
I don't give a shit about any of this banter.  I know one thing... 

I will never doubt this Auburn team again because they will not quit.  Fuck the polls, I do not care, this Auburn team has impressed me and I don't give a shit what anyone outside of the Auburn Family thinks.

I got the next pitcher of beer!  Who's happy hour is going on this early?   :vn:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

ibelonginprison

• Bama... As cool as AIDS
« Reply #23 on: September 21, 2009, 03:07:28 PM »
Don't ask question you don't want to here the answer to. PLEASE, lets not rehash.  prison just do a search for Kaos &/or Chopper a love story, read 5 minutes and you will get it.

I've researched it, and I've read the love story.

I just want in on this circle jerk.

My dog getting fisted made me jealous.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Bama fans make me want to punch babies...

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
« Reply #24 on: September 21, 2009, 03:07:38 PM »
Don't ask question you don't want to here the answer to. PLEASE, lets not rehash.  prison just do a search for Kaos &/or Chopper a love story, read 5 minutes and you will get it.
Thank you, my eyes just stopped bleeding from reading it the past 6 months.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #25 on: September 21, 2009, 03:07:59 PM »
this Auburn team has impressed me and I don't give a shit what anyone outside of the Auburn Family thinks.

You said a mouthful.

They could have rolled over once they were down 14-0 before the National Anthem was finished.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #26 on: September 21, 2009, 03:15:54 PM »
I don't give a poop about any of this banter.  I know one thing... 

I will never doubt this Auburn team again because they will not quit.  phuk the polls, I do not care, this Auburn team has impressed me and I don't give a poop what anyone outside of the Auburn Family thinks.

This be da winner!!!! I am very impressed that we have a team with some freakin backbone.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #27 on: September 21, 2009, 03:26:13 PM »
All that to say, I think we've seen enough, even this early, to say there is more to him than cliches and blueprints.  Regardless of the record at the end of the year, we can say now that we are in better hands than we feared back in December.  How much better we may not know until 2011, but there is enough to cause a reevaluation of what was expected.
Unless that's really just another piece of the Blueprint.

*BTW, why hasn't greasybammer come back?  I guess he's waiting on Auburn to lose so his sorry ass can come back and say...See, cluster fuck, I told y'all*

Back on the game for a second, if the refs where actually watching the UWV OL they would've seen the tackles hold onto AC for dear life.  Seriously, they could've called holding on just about every toss sweep or off tackle run that UWV ran Sat. night.  Apparently the Big East and the WAC officials stayed at the same Hotel, because they were fuckin' HORRIBLE.  On that long INT. return, they called holding on Demond Washington #14...Demond was not holding the guy, he fuckin' drove him into the grass, hell he should have a a one underneath the Offensive Lineman Pancake Block stat.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #28 on: September 21, 2009, 04:36:02 PM »
I'd like to get to understand you better.  Maybe you like long walks on the beach and AUChopper just likes a candle lit dinner.  Care to elaborate?

How DO you react to things?  Irrational humans react and then assess a situation afterwards.  Rational human's will make an initial analysis, develop an opinion or theory, then as time progresses evaluate that opinion or theory.  After watching a team whose anemic offense put a hockey score on the board last year for Miss State come out this year and score 127 points and put out over 1500 yards in the first three GAMES of the season..... when do you chose to make your "opinion re-evaluation?"

Why are you on a discussion board..... just a thought.

That's a little contradictory, wouldn't you say?  "He's an idiot, but he's surrounded himself with people who know what they're doing and he stays out of the way and who, magically, have worked really, really well together.  It's a mere coincidence that Gene Chizik's plan that he assembled with his recruits and his coaches has managed to put almost 40% total yards in the books compared to last years entire season in just three games, and also has managed to almost DOUBLE the points put up in the same three games as opposed to the first three games last year."

I mean, at what point do you say "This guy might have a little something upstairs, he may not be the best COACH out there, but he damn sure put together something that worked, so I have to give him at least a sliver of credit to knowing what he was doing."

Many would argue that the definition of a good leader has little to do with whether or not you can do everything yourself, and has a lot to do with whether you can put the right people together, and know when, where, and how to delegate the proper tasks to the right people.

I would think that Joe Paterno stopped demonstrating to his linemen how to hit a long time ago, but it's hard to say he's a "bad coach."

But, those are just my opinions.  You have yours, I have mine.

By the way, nice to meet you.  I like candle lit dinners AND walks on the beach.  

I don't know you. 

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #29 on: September 21, 2009, 04:47:49 PM »
I don't know you. 

He's got a point there.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

boartitz

« Reply #30 on: September 21, 2009, 04:58:35 PM »
Why is the video not in sequence? After the first TD the score still shows yall with only 3.
Editor.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
« Reply #31 on: September 21, 2009, 05:00:29 PM »
Why is the video not in sequence? After the first TD the score still shows yall with only 3.
Editor.
Meatloaf rules.   That's why.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Redskins cornerback DeAngelo Hall said, "Guys don't mind hitting Michael Vick in the open field, but when you see Cam, you have to think about how you're going to tackle him. He's like a big tight end coming at you."

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #32 on: September 21, 2009, 05:03:04 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

ibelonginprison

« Reply #33 on: September 21, 2009, 05:16:22 PM »
I don't know you. 

Ouch.  So cold.

All I wanted was a little alone time with you and my dog and a jar of peanut butter.

:gig:  :thumbsup:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #34 on: September 21, 2009, 05:18:25 PM »
"I don't know you".... 

Way to encourage discussion.  :bc:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #35 on: September 21, 2009, 05:18:58 PM »
On that long INT. return, they called holding on Demond Washington #14...Demond was not holding the guy, he phukin' drove him into the grass, hell he should have a a one underneath the Offensive Lineman Pancake Block stat.

That call was a direct response from the guy Chizik bawled out for calling the interference.  Same guy.  He got his payback for being verbally abused.  
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

boartitz

« Reply #36 on: September 21, 2009, 05:19:08 PM »
Meatloaf rules.   That's why.
I liked that video better than the ones made by the guy who has all them dashboard lights flashing all the time.
I haven't watched the replay yet, and I barely remember seeing the end live. I timed passing out an hour too early. Yall are getting better. It helps to have a serviceable defense to go along with your offense.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #37 on: September 21, 2009, 05:19:45 PM »
"I don't know you".... 

Way to encourage discussion.  :bc:

"Tanner's friend"  tells me all I need to know.

No thanks.  Tag team somewhere else.  I'm not playing that game.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #38 on: September 21, 2009, 05:20:56 PM »
"Tanner's friend"  tells me all I need to know.

No thanks.  Tag team somewhere else.  I'm not playing that game.

Lame.  Well, others have asked the same question.  What's your excuse for that?  Nothing?  Fail.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

ibelonginprison

« Reply #39 on: September 21, 2009, 05:29:14 PM »
I'm actually not trying to tag team anyone.  My thoughts and observations, as well as *most* of my questions were valid.  (I actually don't care if you like walks on the beach, and I don't own a dog... sorry.)

When you look at the statistical facts, it's hard to argue that the results have been overwhelmingly positive as opposed to last year.  Sure, you may not LIKE the guy, but it's hard to argue with yardage and points.  Which is why I'm wondering why you're still very much (in about the most unanimated way possible)

1500+ yards in the first three games, vs. 3600ish yards all last season?  *shrug*

Having said all of that in this thread, I still very much miss Tubb's.  I can't help it, I really liked the guy and his style even when a lot of people didn't.  But even I can't look the other way when a new coach comes in and shakes things up and things get done.  This is a very "results based industry" and so far, I'm digging the results.

Besides, I don't swing from anyone's short and curlies.  I can think for myself.  But I appreciate the sentiment towards Tanner.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions