Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

*Word on the skreets, regarding Montez Billings*

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
*Word on the skreets, regarding Montez Billings*
« on: September 18, 2009, 07:06:16 PM »
He has left the team.  He was scheduled to be able to come back for the UT game.  He already has his degree so, here's to hoping that he'll be successful in whatever he decides to do now. :bar:  So, even though he is a veteran WR, and we could've used him especially if Todd keeps giving the DBs open shots to our WR's ribs, the coaches have been teaching and preparing all of the other receivers, not knowing if he'll be back.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2009, 07:07:30 PM by The Prowler »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

Birmingham

Re: *Word on the skreets, regarding Montez Billings*
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2009, 07:45:34 PM »
How does this make you feel, perry?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Birmingham

« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2009, 07:46:24 PM »
Oh, and I didn't realize that "the skreets" is al.com.  Helluva insider you are, perry.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

No Huddle

• Grow up Peter Pan, Count Chocula.
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2009, 07:46:44 PM »
But really is it that big of a blow for auburn? I mean ya'll seem to be doing just fine without him. Anyway any information or your opinion would be greatly appreciated.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"So I want everybody to think here for a second, how much does this game mean to you? 'Cause if it means something to you, you can't stand still. You understand? You play fast! You play strong! You go out there and dominate the man you're playing against, and you make his ass quit! That's our trademark! That's our M.O.... as a team! That's what people know us as!" ~ Nick Saban

Birmingham

« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2009, 07:49:37 PM »
Anyway any information or your opinion would be greatly appreciated.

I'll give you some information.  Here's Perry's super secret inside source...

http://www.al.com/sports/
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2009, 07:59:32 PM »
Montez would've been nice to have by the UT game, but like I've said the coaches have been with the other receivers not knowing if he'll be coming back, this was from the Spring up until now.  I'm not sure if he's even been at practice, if he has, he's been on the scout team.  So, the game plan won't change now that he's decided to forgo his Senior season.  It would've been good to have him later in the season, eventhough Hawthorne might be on the field by the UT game.

FYI, ED (B'ham), I didn't see this on al.com, I hardly go over to that site, unless there's some good negative shit on SPuat.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

Birmingham

« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2009, 08:03:28 PM »
I'm not sure if he's even been at practice

But you're an insider?  How could this be?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Birmingham

« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2009, 08:05:27 PM »
I'm glad you're completely fine losing your top Wide Receiver.  By the way, forgoing your senior season is something people choose to do when going to the NFL.  Being suspended by the NCAA and then quitting the team is hardly the same.  Nice spin job, perry.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2009, 08:06:15 PM by Birmingham »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Pell City Tiger

• Moral Highlander
« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2009, 08:10:09 PM »
Maybe we'll see him on the "Fishin' wif Julio and Mark" TV show.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I stood up, unzipped my pants, lowered my shorts and placed my bare ass on the window. That's the last thing I wanted those people to see of me."

Birmingham

« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2009, 08:24:09 PM »
Maybe we'll see him on the "Fishin' wif Julio and Mark" TV show.

Not seeing a link between a non-student athlete and two student athletes.  Maybe you're more informed than I am about the Julio/Ingram deal, I haven't really payed attention.  Did they get suspended like the leading Auburn wide receiver that "quit".
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #10 on: September 18, 2009, 08:32:50 PM »
I'm glad you're completely fine losing your top Wide Receiver.  By the way, forgoing your senior season is something people choose to do when going to the NFL.  Being suspended by the NCAA and then quitting the team is hardly the same.  Nice spin job, perry.
He's not our top WR this year, he might've been if he was able to come back and help the team by week 4.  Now that he's not going to be coming back, he won't be our leading receiver by week 7 or 8.  But hey, why am I trying to keep you from making a dumbass outta yourself.....keep on ED, you're doing a good job.  :thumbsup:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Pell City Tiger

• Moral Highlander
« Reply #11 on: September 18, 2009, 08:34:55 PM »
Maybe I'm missing a page on my 2009 stat sheet. The one I have shows him to have 0 catches for 0 yards. Hardly sounds like our "top receiver".
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I stood up, unzipped my pants, lowered my shorts and placed my bare ass on the window. That's the last thing I wanted those people to see of me."

Birmingham

« Reply #12 on: September 18, 2009, 08:41:35 PM »
That's odd, I wonder why he has 0 catches and 0 yards for 2009?  You'd think this high character Tuberville recruit would be performing better than that this year.  Oh yeah, forgot, suspended for not actually going to college.  It's easy to forget to take classes sometimes.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Pell City Tiger

• Moral Highlander
« Reply #13 on: September 18, 2009, 08:44:14 PM »
That's odd, I wonder why he has 0 catches and 0 yards for 2009?  You'd think this high character Tuberville recruit would be performing better than that this year.  Oh yeah, forgot, suspended for not actually going to college.  It's easy to forget to take classes sometimes.
Link?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #14 on: September 18, 2009, 08:54:57 PM »
It's kinda hard to graduate from college, if you don't take classes.

BTW, Auburn now has THREE receivers that have matched his TD receptions over three years, this year...but yeah, he's our leading receiver.  Like I've said before, just so the inbreds here don't get confused, he would've been able to help the receiving corps...eventually.  When word came out that he wouldn't be eligible to play this year for X amount of games, he stopped working out and running with his teammates.  I had figured that he would've quit back when it came out, I'm not sure why he waited until two weeks before he was slated to be able to play.  Maybe he realized what Coach Trooper wanted him to do, to get back into football shape and he just didn't care about it that much anymore...I don't know.  I wish him the best, whatever he does, from here on out.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Birmingham

« Reply #15 on: September 18, 2009, 08:56:37 PM »
It's kinda hard to graduate from college, if you don't take classes.

No, it's kinda hard to be a student athlete if you don't take classes.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Birmingham

« Reply #16 on: September 18, 2009, 08:58:09 PM »
I had figured that he would've quit back when it came out, I'm not sure why he waited until two weeks before he was slated to be able to play.

BUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUULLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLSHIT!!!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #17 on: September 18, 2009, 09:09:04 PM »

BUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUULLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLSHIT!!!
BTW, we're talking about ONE class that he dropped..not class(es).  He dropped it because he didn't need it to graduate, he didn't think about needing it to stay eligible.  By the time everyone realized what had happened, it was too late to get back into the class.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Pell City Tiger

• Moral Highlander
« Reply #18 on: September 18, 2009, 09:13:01 PM »
No, it's kinda hard to be a student athlete if you don't take classes.
Link
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Birmingham

« Reply #19 on: September 18, 2009, 09:14:00 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions