Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

*Word on the skreets, regarding Montez Billings*

Re: *Word on the skreets, regarding Montez Billings*
« Reply #60 on: September 19, 2009, 10:48:50 AM »
We've played a top 10 team this year.  What were you saying again?

Say thank you pre-season polls.  ...and I said... "Good luck with the "mean green"....   :bc:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Birmingham

« Reply #61 on: September 19, 2009, 10:50:58 AM »
are you insinuating that they were overrated?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #62 on: September 19, 2009, 10:52:51 AM »
are you insinuating that they were overrated?

Maybe. I might also believe that Bammer is overrated as well.  Only time will tell.  I believe your position is lofty and built on shaky construction....  JMO...

Only time will tell...not you, or RWS... 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Birmingham

« Reply #63 on: September 19, 2009, 10:58:58 AM »
Maybe. I might also believe that Bammer is overrated as well.  Only time will tell.  I believe your position is lofty and built on shaky construction....  JMO...

Only time will tell...not you, or RWS... 

You're either insinuating it or not, what's with "maybe"?  As for us being overrated, you might be right.  My point is that we've played a team that is a more accurate measuring stick than Auburn has to this point.  When Auburn plays a team that gives an accurate picture of who they are in 2009 we will know more about how the loss of Montez Billings will effect the team.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #64 on: September 19, 2009, 11:01:23 AM »
You're either insinuating it or not, what's with "maybe"?  As for us being overrated, you might be right.  My point is that we've played a team that is a more accurate measuring stick than Auburn has to this point.  When Auburn plays a team that gives an accurate picture of who they are in 2009 we will know more about how the loss of Montez Billings will effect the team.

Darvin Adams, Mario Fannin, Terrell Zachery think this is a very funny thread.   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Birmingham

« Reply #65 on: September 19, 2009, 11:19:08 AM »
Darvin Adams, Mario Fannin, Terrell Zachery think this is a very funny thread.   

Did they think starting out 2-0 last year was funny?  Auburn has done nothing yet, if you're "satisfied" with 2 scrimmages than I can't wait to see all of you melting down if the expectations of the last two games aren't maintained through week 6.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #66 on: September 19, 2009, 11:28:10 AM »
Did they think starting out 2-0 last year was funny?  Auburn has done nothing yet, if you're "satisfied" with 2 scrimmages than I can't wait to see all of you melting down if the expectations of the last two games aren't maintained through week 6.

Expectations have been cautiously optimistic around here, and even your monkey ass would have to admit that we looked better doing what we're doing so far this year, than the cluster that defined our start last year.   I haven't seen a single Western Division Title win prediction, or anything more than 8 or 9 wins being talked about.  I don't see a loss equalling a meltdown.   That's for Bammer to do if they look bad versus North Texas.  Will the TAHD be up for an 1130 game?  Against a shit team, in shit weather?

Should be interesting.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2009, 11:29:16 AM by AuburnChopper2.0 »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #67 on: September 19, 2009, 11:29:52 AM »
Seems to me your point is more to feed your obsession than anything. Your fanatical desire to prove yourself far outweighs your actual point to prove Billings value to the team. I wish he wouldnt of left the team but Im sure you would of wished bamas prize possesion wouldnt of gotten busted a few years back either right? Could you do anything about that? You are right in the fact we dont really know if the loss of Montez will be truly missed or not. I will say though, he may have been Auburns "leading" WR but maybe you need to look at the last two years of Auburn offense. Now, how much have you really proved. Nothing. The WR that have stepped up this year, which by the way are in the top of the list in recieving in the SEC, are the ones you should be more worried about. Why are you so concerned anyway? Just wondering. The truth is, you want the loss of Billings to hurt AU. This would give you a lot less to worry about in your quest to immoratlize da Bear for another season.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2009, 11:32:07 AM by djsimp41 »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Birmingham

« Reply #68 on: September 19, 2009, 11:31:24 AM »
Will the TAHD be up for an 1130 game?  Against a poop team, in poop weather?

Should be interesting.

What are you predicting the score to be?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jadennis

« Reply #69 on: September 19, 2009, 11:38:48 AM »
My expectations are anywhere from 6-8 wins, so I won't be melting down if we're 4-2 after 6 games.

As for Billings, I don't think we've lost anything really.  I mean, would he have helped?  Maybe so?  Probably so?  Possibly?  You can't base anything off of last year.  And to lose him from THIS team, he would have had to have been playing on THIS team.  He wasn't.  He wasn't practicing, he wasn't playing...for all practical purposes he has never been on this team.

To say he was our leading receiver isn't saying much.  He had 24 catches for 277 yards and zero TDs.  It's about as important as the fact that we lost our leading passer too from last year too.  We just weren't counting on him for anything from the beginning, so it's hard to say we lost something.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"To me Auburn is not in Auburn, Alabama. Auburn is the people who care about Auburn, the people who love Auburn. Wherever they are, that’s Auburn, Auburn is in your heart. You play for it."

- Reggie Torbor

« Reply #70 on: September 19, 2009, 11:39:18 AM »
What are you predicting the score to be?

I think the Tahd looks lackluster....  Score...

Bama 26
North Texas 17

I think it's closer than it should be at halftime....somewhere Ricky's Rant #2 is in full swing.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jadennis

« Reply #71 on: September 19, 2009, 11:41:28 AM »
Alabama wins big....against North Texas....without their QB....or any talent....who cares.  

Why are we even talking about this?    :taunt:
« Last Edit: September 19, 2009, 11:53:54 AM by jadennis »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"To me Auburn is not in Auburn, Alabama. Auburn is the people who care about Auburn, the people who love Auburn. Wherever they are, that’s Auburn, Auburn is in your heart. You play for it."

- Reggie Torbor

Birmingham

« Reply #72 on: September 19, 2009, 11:46:24 AM »
I'll throw my prediction into the ring as well.  Bama doesn't cover the spread today.  The weather today is awful and I love betting with the weather, it's a huge swing in your favor.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #73 on: September 19, 2009, 03:27:06 PM »
I'll throw my prediction into the ring as well.  Bama doesn't cover the spread today.  The weather today is awful and I love betting with the weather, it's a huge swing in your favor.

Birmingham, what years did you attend college?  Just wondering....
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Birmingham

« Reply #75 on: September 19, 2009, 04:22:09 PM »
Birmingham, what years did you attend college?  Just wondering....

I'm currently a student.  Why?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #76 on: September 19, 2009, 06:19:55 PM »
I'm currently a student.  Why?

You just seem to be a little too old to be bickering with college kids on a rival board.  I thought you had a family.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Birmingham

« Reply #77 on: September 19, 2009, 06:25:13 PM »
You just seem to be a little too old to be bickering with college kids on a rival board.  I thought you had a family.

I'm 26. 

"Bickering with college kids"???  What do you think the average age is of those posting on this forum?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

• The guy your mother warned you about
« Reply #78 on: September 19, 2009, 06:43:55 PM »
What do you think the average age is of those posting on this forum?
Mentally, or biologically?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

Ogre

« Reply #79 on: September 20, 2009, 01:04:57 AM »
Mentally, or biologically?

Mentally depends on how many beers I've had, biologically depends on who I'm trying to score with.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions