Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Kaos vs. Chopper XVI The Dread of the Thread (Reading Warning...TTFWIW)

AUTailgatingRules

• Home of the Tailgate
  • By the Pink Dumpster since 2004
2 games in a row, we get points at the end of the 1st half.  Last week a field goal, this week a TD.  Who thinks TUBs gets any of those points?  Both were momentum changers and led to the 2 blowouts.

Hate to break it Kaos and Greasey but your nightmares are not coming true
« Last Edit: September 14, 2009, 11:50:40 PM by Godfather »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
Re: Points that Tubs would have never gotten
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2009, 03:04:49 AM »
speakin' of "Simple Jack"...has he posted on any of the game threads?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2009, 03:29:18 AM »
2 games in a row, we get points at the end of the 1st half.  Last week a field goal, this week a TD.  Who thinks TUBs gets any of those points?  Both were momentum changers and led to the 2 blowouts.

Hate to break it Kaos and Greasey but your nightmares are not coming true

Other than the fact that you're being moronic about the nightmares, I agree with your premise.

In the past couple of years we probably wouldn't have played it that way. Glad it worked out. Hope it continues.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2009, 06:56:37 AM »
We would have taken a knee and ran the clock out under TT.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2009, 11:52:02 AM »
Other than the fact that you're being moronic about the nightmares, I agree with your premise.

In the past couple of years we probably wouldn't have played it that way. Glad it worked out. Hope it continues.
Don't expect sympathy. You've made yourself the martyr for the Chizik and his staff will make us look back at 08 with fond memories cause.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2009, 12:01:08 PM »
Don't expect sympathy. You've made yourself the martyr for the Chizik and his staff will make us look back at 08 with fond memories cause.

We're two games in, Chizad.  I don't expect sympathy and I don't want it.  I'd sort of like to see how it plays out over the long run, but I realize your need to somehow get one up on me (which isn't possible, but have fun trying).

But I also don't expect stupidity.  At no time in my life have I ever wished ill on Auburn.  I realize those of you who leaped on the Franklin bandwagon and got your asses burned feel as if you must somehow find redemption because I told you so there, but if that's the reason for your existence?  I have pity for you. 

Me?  I'm going to enjoy the good things Auburn does.  I'll happily comment on them.  And if things go badly?  Well, I'll have my opinion then as well.   Because that's what I do.  It's what I've always done -- for the last 20 years it's what I've done. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2009, 12:04:02 PM »

I would hold up declaring this thing a success.  You may just want to deal with the foot rather than the shoes as well.

I saw a lot of good things last night but we had some glaring breakdowns.  When we pushed the offense snapping the ball with 18 or more seconds left on the clock MSU could not keep up. When we got lax on hurry up we struggled.  
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2009, 01:43:15 PM »
We're two games in, Chizad.  I don't expect sympathy and I don't want it.  I'd sort of like to see how it plays out over the long run, but I realize your need to somehow get one up on me (which isn't possible, but have fun trying).

But I also don't expect stupidity.  At no time in my life have I ever wished ill on Auburn.  I realize those of you who leaped on the Franklin bandwagon and got your asses burned feel as if you must somehow find redemption because I told you so there, but if that's the reason for your existence?  I have pity for you.  

Me?  I'm going to enjoy the good things Auburn does.  I'll happily comment on them.  And if things go badly?  Well, I'll have my opinion then as well.   Because that's what I do.  It's what I've always done -- for the last 20 years it's what I've done.
First, I never said Franklin would set the world on fire. I may have made an optimistic statement or two, but I'm an Auburn fan. Sue me.

Second, you've been the one with the solid position that this year would be beyond failure. You've used the feather you stuck in your cap after Franklin flopped to say that you're never wrong about anything ever.

And I know the season's not close to being over yet. But considering what we've seen in the first two games have put the record books through the shredder, and has provided excitment not seen in my lifetime, including this point in 04, I'd say it's a safe bet that the "chizdick sucking loons" who dared to have the utter stupidity as you saw it, to say that maybe this season could work out, and Chizik & his staff know are not complete & utter failures in all facets of life just might not have been so brainless after all.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2009, 01:47:37 PM by AUChizad »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2009, 05:06:04 PM »

Second, you've been the one with the solid position that this year would be beyond failure. You've used the feather you stuck in your cap after Franklin flopped to say that you're never wrong about anything ever.

May I suggest the Sylvan Learning Center for your reading dysfunction? 

You can go anywhere you want on this board and you'll find I've said the same motherfucking thing from day one until today. 

Let me break it down for you into little pieces:

1) Auburn had enough talent to win the West last year according to everybody who should know.  That talent is still there.

2) When Jacobs promised a nationwide search and the best money could buy and brought back Chizik, that was a fail of epic proportions no matter how it eventually turns out.  We've had this discussion a million times and I can't understand why some of you can't get that through your skulls.

3) I fully expect Chizik to post seven or eight wins this season due to #1.  Anything less would be pretty bad. I've said that since December.  Haven't wavered.  So how they bleeding fuck you could get that I'm "pissed" or sad that Auburn is winning is beyond me.  It shows a complete lack of intelligence.

4) I've been right about a hell of a lot more than Franklin (including my prediction for yesterday's result) but some of you fucksticks were such assholes about it when I TOLD you what was happening with Franklin that YOU continue to have a problem with me being right about that. You heard me.  The problem with that is ALL, every bit, you.  Me being right about that -- and being right while I was out there on an island and some of you jello-brained monkeys were showing your ass -- changed the way you react to everything I've said or thought since.  Because YOU have the problem. 

Yeah, I was right.  So what?  I would rather have been wrong.  For some of you, your entire life on this board has become dedicated to finding something about which I'm wrong -- good luck -- and harping on it so you can wipe up some of the godzilla sized egg you got on our collective faces last year. 

5) I don't GIVE A FUCK about being right.  I just say what I think.  My thinking changes based on what I see and hear sometimes.  It happens.  I used to think Ryan Leaf was a better draft pick than Manning. Obviously I don't think that NOW, but given the same information at the same time, I'd probably think the same thing. 

I've been wrong before. I'll be wrong again. Maybe now. Maybe not.  All I want is what's best for Auburn and if that happens to be me being wrong about something, then I'm 10000% okay with it. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2009, 05:50:23 PM »
Damn the same post's for the past 6 months?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2009, 07:32:45 PM »
Damn the same post's for the past 6 months?

Pretty much.  I say something a few people soil their diapers and spend eight pages explaining to me what I meant to say.  At the end, I say what I originally said again and try to clarify it. 

Then a few days later somebody comes back with the very same thing again.  It's like they just don't listen.  They certainly don't hear. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #11 on: September 13, 2009, 09:50:20 PM »
I have a question.  Is it possible...just possible that in the interview process that Gene Chizik said all the right things?  That they actually went into the search with certain criteria for a Corch and he was the one that met all those far more than any other Corch they interviewed?  Could it be that they laid out a plan and said, "The next Corch we hire needs to be..A..B..C, and D..We want to hear him say that he will do those things before we hire him"?

As Pat Dye so aptly bitch slapped Finebaum with in an interview right after Chizik was hired, you weren't there.  You don't know who was interviewed and what was asked and answered and how they answered.  Dye said that Chizik blew them away with his interview and that he said everything that they wanted to hear and was exactly what they were looking for in a Corch.  We were all stunned after looking for Vince Lombardi to be dug up from the grave and instead, getting a Corch who could not turn the most pathetic D1 school in history around.  But, is it possible that they actually went into the search with an open mind to see who on the list fit the criteria?  Wow, what a novel idea.

I was as stunned as anyone when Chizik was hired, but then, I didn't interview Turner Gill or anybody else and I wasn't there when the interviews took place.  Maybe Corch Chizik said, "I would do this, this and this..." and Jacobs, Dye, Lowder Ranes, Barfield or whoever said...now that's what we're looking for in a Coach. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Pell City Tiger

• Moral Highlander
« Reply #12 on: September 13, 2009, 09:53:10 PM »
You are rollin'!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I stood up, unzipped my pants, lowered my shorts and placed my bare ass on the window. That's the last thing I wanted those people to see of me."

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #13 on: September 13, 2009, 11:25:29 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

« Reply #14 on: September 13, 2009, 11:44:13 PM »
I have a question.  Is it possible...just possible that in the interview process that Gene Chizik said all the right things?  That they actually went into the search with certain criteria for a Corch and he was the one that met all those far more than any other Corch they interviewed?  Could it be that they laid out a plan and said, "The next Corch we hire needs to be..A..B..C, and D..We want to hear him say that he will do those things before we hire him"?

As Pat Dye so aptly bitch slapped Finebaum with in an interview right after Chizik was hired, you weren't there.  You don't know who was interviewed and what was asked and answered and how they answered.  Dye said that Chizik blew them away with his interview and that he said everything that they wanted to hear and was exactly what they were looking for in a Corch.  We were all stunned after looking for Vince Lombardi to be dug up from the grave and instead, getting a Corch who could not turn the most pathetic D1 school in history around.  But, is it possible that they actually went into the search with an open mind to see who on the list fit the criteria?  Wow, what a novel idea.

I was as stunned as anyone when Chizik was hired, but then, I didn't interview Turner Gill or anybody else and I wasn't there when the interviews took place.  Maybe Corch Chizik said, "I would do this, this and this..." and Jacobs, Dye, Lowder Ranes, Barfield or whoever said...now that's what we're looking for in a Coach. 

Forget it Harvey, I've said this since WAY early in the process and I was immediately labeled a fucking moron for thinking this type of hyperbole.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #15 on: September 14, 2009, 12:36:51 AM »
Forget it Harvey, I've said this since WAY early in the process and I was immediately labeled a phuking moron for thinking this type of hyperbole.

Liar.  You're a fucking moron for a lot of reasons that have nothing to do with this particular issue. 

Here's the thing, Harvey.  If you're so stupid you hire somebody based on what they say in an interview and ignore their entire body of work then you're Jay Jacobs.  You've hired people.  You know that if you're going to hire somebody for a high profile job, they've got to do more than talk the game.  They've got to give you examples of their work. 

I hated Jacobs BEFORE he hired Chizik.  I didn't like him being hired in the first place.  I won't ever like him.  He's not a smart man. 

I ask you again.  Please name one thing in the Auburn athletic department that is better since Jacobs took over than it was before he got there.  Facilities?  Maybe.  But all of our programs either have or are languishing under his direction.  The hire of Chizik was just an extension of that.  I think most people agree that if it DOES work out long term it won't be from any real brilliance on the part of Jacobs.  He just got lucky.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #16 on: September 14, 2009, 12:50:15 AM »
Liar.  You're a fucking moron for a lot of reasons that have nothing to do with this particular issue. 

Here's the thing, Harvey.  If you're so stupid you hire somebody based on what they say in an interview and ignore their entire body of work then you're Jay Jacobs.  You've hired people.  You know that if you're going to hire somebody for a high profile job, they've got to do more than talk the game.  They've got to give you examples of their work. 

I hated Jacobs BEFORE he hired Chizik.  I didn't like him being hired in the first place.  I won't ever like him.  He's not a smart man. 

I ask you again.  Please name one thing in the Auburn athletic department that is better since Jacobs took over than it was before he got there.  Facilities?  Maybe.  But all of our programs either have or are languishing under his direction.  The hire of Chizik was just an extension of that.  I think most people agree that if it DOES work out long term it won't be from any real brilliance on the part of Jacobs.  He just got lucky.

What Harvey said was common sense.  YOU weren't involved.  YOU are fucking clueless.  You having your opinion is fine.  You calling people liars, morons or stupid is just you being your typical PRICK self.

This is something you should seriously consider shutting your hole for two seconds about.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #17 on: September 14, 2009, 01:04:35 AM »
What Harvey said was common sense.  YOU weren't involved.  YOU are phuking clueless.  You having your opinion is fine.  You calling people liars, morons or stupid is just you being your typical PRICK self.

This is something you should seriously consider shutting your hole for two seconds about.

Tick, tock.  Two seconds are up.  AHHHHHHHH, go phuk a duck.  Or some reptile or something. If anything I'm about to get louder.  

Nope.  YOU, puckernuts, with your self-pitying whining because mean old Kaos hurt your little bitty feelings and you can't help but troll for sympathy with your self indulgent little jibes --- that's why you keep getting smacked.  

You had a chance to let it ride.  You don't have it in you.  Cause deep down you're just insecure.  I know this.  Yes, I do.  

Oh.  Stop lying and I won't mention it.  That would help. 
« Last Edit: September 14, 2009, 01:06:11 AM by Kaos »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #18 on: September 14, 2009, 01:21:07 AM »

Tick, tock.  Two seconds are up.  AHHHHHHHH, go phuk a duck.  Or some reptile or something. If anything I'm about to get louder.  

Nope.  YOU, puckernuts, with your self-pitying whining because mean old Kaos hurt your little bitty feelings and you can't help but troll for sympathy with your self indulgent little jibes --- that's why you keep getting smacked.  

You had a chance to let it ride.  You don't have it in you.  Cause deep down you're just insecure.  I know this.  Yes, I do.  

Oh.  Stop lying and I won't mention it.  That would help. 

Haha.  You see, you've dug yourself a hole here Kaos.  Fact is EVERYONE HERE remembers me, and others making this point.  Harvey makes it again tonight.  Go dig up the "Chopper's Stupid Fucking Opinion" thread and then call me a liar.  It's the EXACT reason I posted it because I knew you'd lie and act like this and try to misrepresent me at any opportunity.   

You didn't bother responding remember?  If you had read it, and taken two seconds to stop misrepresenting MY position, you'd know to shut your fucking pie hole.

You've turned football debate into, me being insecure, more namecalling, being stupid and acting like you hurt my feelings.  You act like you're above everything and yet are THE very source of all your OWN petty shit.  You just get pissed at me because I'm one of the few that throws your bullshit back in your face.

As far as being "loud", that's about all you're capable of anymore in this forum.  Your writing is excellent on the front.  Too bad your Dr. Jekyl / Mr. Hyde routine is way too transparent to be hidden anymore when it comes to the forums.

You fucked up. Period. You've tried to cover up, back pedal and do everything you can, but you can't escape your own words and actions over a period of eight months.

Sorry.   

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #19 on: September 14, 2009, 01:32:38 AM »
Here it is Kaos....  There's not a THING that can be brought back on me to make me look like you've portrayed.  How did you respond?  You fucking didn't.  That's why you constantly look like an uneducated loon when it comes to me and MY opinion.

This may be shockingly simple, but really, what else do we have?   We have a whole lot of, well, not much.  Not much to go on here when it comes to Gene Chizik as HC at Auburn.  He simply hasn't been there long, and he hasn't coached a game yet. 

Let me go point by point:
1. Am I happy with the hire?  I think if you went back to the day the announcement was made, I had my pitchfork sharpened, torch, matches and was lacing up my bootstraps.   Then, a little common sense hit me.  Like most, I was pissed because Chizik was so out of left field. Nobody expected it.  We were all looking for a bigger name, and had just gone through an embarrassment with Turner Gill.  We had interviewed everyone short of my mother to coach.  It sucked.  I simply figured, I have to trust, that even though the timing of his hire couldn't be worse due to expectations of the fans, that people intimate with the situation knew better.  These are highly educated men, that could not afford a major mistake in hiring a HC.  Their lives, families lives and job security ALL depended on THIS hire.   So, I put my pitchfork, torch down, put my flipflops back on and decided to watch, and see.

2. Coaches?  Who can argue with who he's hired as a staff???? (Well, we know one or two that certainly will.)  Malzahn?  There are some here that would have been probably happier if we had hired HIM as HC.  We got him anyway.  Roof?  A former HC at Duke, and a coach that brought a Big Ten cellar dwellar respectable defenses at Minnesota.  Between Roof and Chizik, I like our D.  Trooper and Luper?  Serious recruiting presence and by all accounts know what the hell they're doing at their positional responsibilities. 

3. Recruting? Well, I believe that they've got Auburn back into conversations where it had dissappeared here recently.  In the living rooms of top recruits.  I don't believe that Auburn will score loads of top talent in the first year or two simply because, we've got words and big weekends on top of NO results on the field yet.  If we pull a few major recruits, show some results on the field (win or lose), I believe we'll see an uptick in the recruiting over the next few years.

4. Todd as QB?  Well, let's face it.  He was dealing with just a little bit last year.  Coaches fucking up behind the curtain, and fucking each other in the mouth in front of it also.  Injury to his throwing shoulder.  I'm not a doctor, don't play one on TV, but I'm almost certainly positive that it effected his throwing abilities.  No, we didn't know that a lot of last year, but having that information now, certainly can't be ignored..although some do anyway.  An offensive line blocking from a two point stance and grossly underweight.  Do I need to go on?  I think if he came in, and understands the offense, executes it, has the players backing (which appears to be so from what I've seen or read), WINS the preseason competition to get the starters job, then I'm willing to support it.  I've been on the road talking bricks and steel to customers, not watching the QB's practice and throw footballs.  I'll leave this one up to the coaches right there.  Could he curl up in a little ball continuously and lay a turd?  Sure.  You'll have to ask others for that one, certainly they seem to already know.

5. Other QB's?  They must suck if Todd wins the job, right?  Absolutley not.  It just MIGHT be possible that Todd knows, and can execute the offense better right now.  Kodi happily took a WR position in support of Todd.  Tells me something.

6. Ames vs. Auburn.  I think we almost all universally agree what a shitbag place Ames is compared to Auburn football speaking.  I've lived near or in both.  They're just is NOT the same thing. 

7. Season Prediction?   Shoot, I seriously hope we finish with a winning record.  I don't know if we will or not.  Depth is going to be an issue this year, and that's going to be something that we've got to get used to.  If our offense can execute, then I'm hoping we can have early success in games and outscore a few folks.  If we can't score, we're dead. Period.   I think this year will probably be a lot like last year in a sense that we'll be in a lot of games, even a few we shouldn't, but in the end, it'll be an even split on the wins and losses.

I'm more interested in how the kids respond.  How the coaches respond.  How the recruits see it.  Will Auburn fold like a cheap deck chair, or grind games out like AU vs. LSU '04, or other great games.  Not sure.  It's all brand new.

So, I suppose I'm a middle of the road guy.  I've allowed myself to use enough common sense to understand that this season could go either way.  They're my Auburn Tigers, just as much as any other one of you out there.  I want only the best.  I see things a little rosier than some sometimes, because I want to see my team do well.  One thing I won't do is ignore circumstance and facts to form an opinion, only to call it fact.  That's for others to do.

Keep getting louder though.   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions