Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Looks like it's gonna be Todd...

Re: Looks like it's gonna be Todd...
« Reply #60 on: August 14, 2009, 12:01:19 PM »
If it makes you feel better: he crapped out...again...

Hurt foot and all.... :bowl:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #61 on: August 14, 2009, 12:01:53 PM »
:bowl:

This never fails to make me smile.

BOWL!!!!!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

« Reply #62 on: August 14, 2009, 12:02:24 PM »
     Oh weeping creeping Jesus, someone PLEASE hijack this thread!! This is like a really shitty movie that I want to walk out on but can't, because I keep thinking something is going to happen worth watching.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

« Reply #63 on: August 14, 2009, 12:03:51 PM »
    Oh weeping creeping Jesus, someone PLEASE hijack this thread!! This is like a really shitty movie that I want to walk out on but can't, because I keep thinking something is going to happen worth watching.

Hey, I'm trying my best here with Vegas, bowl cut and Creed tattoo asides.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #64 on: August 14, 2009, 12:09:47 PM »
So, how does this reflect poorly on Chizik, because we all know everything does (to you).

The point is, Malzahn and Chizik know that it is in their best interest to have the best guy on the field. They think it's Todd. Despite your holy knowledge you've obtained from years of pee-wee football coaching, I'm trusting their analysis before yours. Forgive me while I fuck this unicorn.

Flowery adjectives aside, what exactly, are you bitching about?

You think that if Burns or Caudle had improved from dismal, it would be a sign of progress, but if Todd (who was the better of the 2 starters last year, and who has been the standout by all accounts during practices).

Burns is ok with this. Why can't you be?

Here's some unicorns and rainbows for you, as I haven't given you a reason before now to use that analogy.

How about for once, you believe in Auburn and love it.

God DAMN, Chizad.  

I said from the outset that this wasn't a negative toward Chizik or Malzhan.  Fuck a raging duck.  

I also never said whether I was "okay" with it or not -- and it really doesn't make a limp dick fuck at a diabetic ferret if me or you or anybody else is "okay" with it.  My only point was (and remains) that if Todd can overtake those two other guys after they had the spring head start on him then I don't see that as a good thing overall. It means that our QB situation is (potentially) worse than most of us imagined.  

I'm not "bitching" about anything.  This is the "half empty glass" filter you apply to everything these days.  I post something  and because I'm pretty clear about not being on the Chizik wagon, your first assumption is that it's somehow bitching.  

An opinion is not bitching.  It's just what I think.  

I'm not asking that they do anything different.  I'm not saying that I necessarily disagree with the decision that was made.  It's pretty simple.  If Todd's the clear cut starter -- unless he's had some kind of miracle -- then our QB situation is pretty bleak.  

I fucking SAID that although Chizik is dumb he's not dumb enough to trash a season, particularly given his situation.  At least I hope that's the case.  So if they've settled on Todd, they believe he gives us the best chance to win.  I'm sorry that doesn't fill me with great confidence.

The Auburn Creed defense is so AUNation.  And it's utter bullshit.  I love my wife.  I love my kids.  That doesn't mean I sit back and accept whatever the fuck they want to do without expressing an opinion should I disagree with it.  It does mean that they can do pretty much anything -- no matter how mad it makes me -- and I'll still love them.  Just like now.  I'm sitting here typing this reply wearing my Auburn shorts, an AU shirt, an AU hat, orange and blue shoes and looking at a painting of Bo going over the top on my study wall.  I haven't stopped loving Auburn and I won't now or ever. But that does not require blind cheerleading or unicorn fucking.  

BTW? Fuck you with the motherfucking pee-wee coaching line, you retching bitch.  That's vintage Chopper and beneath you.  Or at least I thought it was. You really disgraced yourself there. My coaching background -- which was at high school and a long time ago, cocksucker -- rarely plays into my opinions.  I don't bring it up.  You do.  I'm sorry you don't have that experience to fall back on, but I don't need your continued insecurity popping up about it.  I promise I don't think your opinions any less valid because you haven't been there.   (Since your filters are CLEARLY off, allow me to note for the record that I was being sarcastic there).  
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #65 on: August 14, 2009, 12:10:28 PM »

You're in Arkansas.  Can't you just go fuck your cousin or your sister or a gerbil or something until we get done?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

« Reply #66 on: August 14, 2009, 12:14:14 PM »
My coaching background -- which was at high school and a long time ago, cocksucker -- rarely plays into my opinions.  I don't bring it up.

I do believe you're talking out of your ass, Red.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #67 on: August 14, 2009, 12:14:56 PM »
God DAMN, Chizad.  

I said from the outset that this wasn't a negative toward Chizik or Malzhan.  Fuck a raging duck.  

I also never said whether I was "okay" with it or not -- and it really doesn't make a limp dick fuck at a diabetic ferret if me or you or anybody else is "okay" with it.  My only point was (and remains) that if Todd can overtake those two other guys after they had the spring head start on him then I don't see that as a good thing overall. It means that our QB situation is (potentially) worse than most of us imagined.  

I'm not "bitching" about anything.  This is the "half empty glass" filter you apply to everything these days.  I post something  and because I'm pretty clear about not being on the Chizik wagon, your first assumption is that it's somehow bitching.  

I'm not asking that they do anything different.  I'm not saying that I necessarily disagree with the decision that was made.  It's pretty simple.  If Todd's the clear cut starter -- unless he's had some kind of miracle -- then our QB situation is pretty bleak.  

I fucking SAID that although Chizik is dumb he's not dumb enough to trash a season, particularly given his situation.  At least I hope that's the case.  So if they've settled on Todd, they believe he gives us the best chance to win.  I'm sorry that doesn't fill me with great confidence.

The Auburn Creed defense is so AUNation.  And it's utter bullshit.  I love my wife.  I love my kids.  That doesn't mean I sit back and accept whatever the fuck they want to do without expressing an opinion should I disagree with it.  It does mean that they can do pretty much anything -- no matter how mad it makes me -- and I'll still love them.  Just like now.  I'm sitting here typing this reply wearing my Auburn shorts, an AU shirt, an AU hat, orange and blue shoes and looking at a painting of Bo going over the top on my study wall.  I haven't stopped loving Auburn and I won't now or ever. But that does not require blind cheerleading or unicorn fucking.  

BTW? Fuck you with the motherfucking pee-wee coaching line, you retching bitch.  That's vintage Chopper and beneath you.  Or at least I thought it was. You really disgraced yourself there. My coaching background -- which was at high school and a long time ago, cocksucker -- rarely plays into my opinions.  I don't bring it up.  You do.  I'm sorry you don't have that experience to fall back on, but I don't need your continued insecurity popping up about it.  I promise I don't think your opinions any less valid because you haven't been there.   (Since your filters are CLEARLY off, allow me to note for the record that I was being sarcastic there).  

There isn't ONE person on this board that probably read that, and at some point didn't go, "bullshit" at one point or another.  JMO...
« Last Edit: August 14, 2009, 12:18:01 PM by AuburnChopper2.0 »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #68 on: August 14, 2009, 12:17:20 PM »
You're still hedging...

You either need to say "Recruiting rankings are for shit and these kids never had the talent" or "Tuberville and company fucked up."

How are the two situations different?  You've lumped them together as high-profile recruiting coups.

No hedging at all.

Recruiting rankings are for shit.  Some highly ranked kids don't live up to the hype.  Some lower ranked kids exceed expectations.  They're a nice way to give a relative evaluation to a class, but what they mean or don't mean comes from whether they actually get in and whether they were properly utilized.  

Both were four star recruits, but Burns had more "flash" than Caudle.  More was expected.  Tuberville and his staff did a piss poor job of developing Kodi Burns.  I've said that four times now.  It will be delivered to you via certified mail, notarized and witnessed.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #69 on: August 14, 2009, 12:19:43 PM »
And three more pages of whiny ass has ensued.

People see what they want to see. Some see everything Chizik does as bad. Others just want to be able to cheer the team on the best they can and enjoy life.

May the enema of life clean out your anger.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #70 on: August 14, 2009, 12:20:16 PM »
I do believe you're talking out of your ass, Red.

There are instances where it's germane, but I've never said my opinion should have more gravitas because I coached high school football.  Obviously if I hadn't told you I did, you wouldn't know.  So that, in itself, means it's been mentioned.  So what?  

The weak never fail to downgrade it out of their own insecurities, however.  
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

« Reply #71 on: August 14, 2009, 12:20:53 PM »

Both were four star recruits, but Burns had more "flash" than Caudle. 

How do you figure?  Caudle was Elite 11. Are you laying your own bias over the situation?

Objectively, there is no difference in their situations: highly rated qbs, big recruiting coups, NO on-campus development.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #72 on: August 14, 2009, 12:21:52 PM »
And three more pages of whiny ass has ensued.

People see what they want to see. Some see everything Chizik does as bad. Others just want to be able to cheer the team on the best they can and enjoy life.

May the enema of life clean out your anger.

Congratulations to adding to the thread.

I'd like to suggest that you go back and read it before commenting.  
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #73 on: August 14, 2009, 12:23:23 PM »

The weak never fail to downgrade it out of their own insecurities, however.  

The falsely secure and oblivious use it as a security blanket.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #74 on: August 14, 2009, 12:24:09 PM »
How do you figure?  Caudle was Elite 11. Are you laying your own bias over the situation?

Objectively, there is no difference in their situations: highly rated qbs, big recruiting coups, NO on-campus development.

Possibly adding my own bias, yes.  

Burns' recruitment got much more press/attention than did Caudle's.  

Caudle also spent most of the first two years with various injuries that kept him out of practice and out of the rotation.  

For that reason, I'm less willing to cast blame on the Tuberville staff for his development.  

Burns' flameout was very public and much discussed.  Caudle was always pretty much an afterthought.  Third guy on the totem pole.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #75 on: August 14, 2009, 12:26:58 PM »
Possibly adding my own bias, yes.  

Burns' recruitment got much more press/attention than did Caudle's.  

Caudle also spent most of the first two years with various injuries that kept him out of practice and out of the rotation.  

For that reason, I'm less willing to cast blame on the Tuberville staff for his development.  

Burns' flameout was very public and much discussed.  Caudle was always pretty much an afterthought.  Third guy on the totem pole.

So if you can dismiss injury to Caudle and give less blame to Tuberville, how is that you completely dismiss giving Todd the same latitude?

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #76 on: August 14, 2009, 12:30:06 PM »
I'm not alone. What do you expect when that's all you fucking do here? To pull a move from your playbook, you had an ally in wes with the basic premise of your argument ("I dislike Todd as the choice for QB), but lost all support when you went on your trademark insult-laden tirades devoid of any discernible logic. It's way past its expiration date. Furthermore, the entire premise of your argument in this thread is that Tuberville has fucked up our talent for this year. If this season is a bust, then by your argument in this thread, you should surrender the fact that the previous administration left us with no talent. You should recognize the fact that this puts Chizik in a difficult position to win from. But you won't. You'll talk out of both sides or your mouth, so that 100% of every single aspect of every single thing is doom & gloom, even when logic dictates that otherwise.

Fine. I'm ok with that. You're the one that has a problem with opposing opinion. You're the one bringing out the "unicorn fucking", attacking "established analytical skills". Do you think because you polish it up with pretty wording that, you're not calling people ignorant?

I said that mostly to trip a wire in you. No, it doesn't mean you have to blindly accept everything handed to you, but it does mean that once in a blue bleeding moon you have confidence in the team.

:bs: How would I even know of your past coaching experience if you didn't bring it up as evidence that you "know coaching" more than Chizik does on multiple occasions?

I got it though. My filters are just fine. They didn't blip once when you were calling me a "retching bitch" and a "cocksucker", yet they were going crazy on that last sentence, where the literal translation is "I'm better than you, and more knowledgeable than you because of my amateur coaching experience."

My irony filter is off-the-charts. Everyone else is making this personal. You've never used your "ol' coaching days" as a pulpit to talk down on us ignorant to the ways of coaching.

Got it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #77 on: August 14, 2009, 12:33:57 PM »
Congratulations to adding to the thread.

I'd like to suggest that you go back and read it before commenting.  

Same ole. Same ole except for some Vegas side notes.  Besides, it's to the point where your posts end up with the same tone each time. You really must be very unhappy with the situation at AU right now. I hate that for you. Life is too short. Football will be played with or without your support at AU this season. Seems that now all there is to do is sit back and see if your predictions come true, or if things just go relatively well this season. Either way you will probably be upset.

As for the rest of us, Todd is now the starter until he breaks something or screws the pooch. I wish him and the team well.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2009, 12:35:30 PM by CCTAU »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #78 on: August 14, 2009, 12:34:28 PM »
Caudle was always pretty much an afterthought.  Third guy on the totem pole.
Bingo.

So now you want him as a starter, since it has already been decided that he's not.

They say the QB that never sees the field is the most popular, but damn.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #79 on: August 14, 2009, 12:48:06 PM »
I'm not alone. What do you expect when that's all you fucking do here? To pull a move from your playbook, you had an ally in wes with the basic premise of your argument ("I dislike Todd as the choice for QB), but lost all support when you went on your trademark insult-laden tirades devoid of any discernible logic. It's way past its expiration date. Furthermore, the entire premise of your argument in this thread is that Tuberville has fucked up our talent for this year. If this season is a bust, then by your argument in this thread, you should surrender the fact that the previous administration left us with no talent. You should recognize the fact that this puts Chizik in a difficult position to win from. But you won't. You'll talk out of both sides or your mouth, so that 100% of every single aspect of every single thing is doom & gloom, even when logic dictates that otherwise.
Fine. I'm ok with that. You're the one that has a problem with opposing opinion. You're the one bringing out the "unicorn fucking", attacking "established analytical skills". Do you think because you polish it up with pretty wording that, you're not calling people ignorant?
I said that mostly to trip a wire in you. No, it doesn't mean you have to blindly accept everything handed to you, but it does mean that once in a blue bleeding moon you have confidence in the team.
 :bs: How would I even know of your past coaching experience if you didn't bring it up as evidence that you "know coaching" more than Chizik does on multiple occasions?

I got it though. My filters are just fine. They didn't blip once when you were calling me a "retching bitch" and a "cocksucker", yet they were going crazy on that last sentence, where the literal translation is "I'm better than you, and more knowledgeable than you because of my amateur coaching experience."

My irony filter is off-the-charts. Everyone else is making this personal. You've never used your "ol' coaching days" as a pulpit to talk down on us ignorant to the ways of coaching.

Got it.

Insult laden tirades?  Please.  Put a tampon in it. 

You're not alone?  Guess what?  Neither am I.  Maybe we should get our armies together and have a dumbass war.  *sigh*  Tonight we dine in hell.  Or Fairhope.  Do they serve sushi in hell?  Because I'm feeling sushi.  Fairhope's probably closer. Maybe my army will just go there. 

At no point did I say that this was Chizik's fault.  You tried to jam those words into my mouth because it's your forte these days.   If you want to see the ascension of Chris Todd as some kind of magical, wonderful seminal moment, that's your choice.  I'm not going to agree with it. But it's not Chizik's fault.  It's what we have.  I'm disappointed that neither Burns nor Caudle stepped up, but again, it exposes a significant weakness that has to be addressed.

The unicorn fucking line is standard MO, just like your half-empty glass comment.  You apply it to everything. Didn't realize it was going to send you into some kind of rabid orbit.

The analytical skills comment wasn't directed at you.  It was directed at Chopper. I have no respect for his opinion or his manner of delivery and on the rare occasions when I take his monkey ass off ignore, that's the mildest insult you're likely to see.  If you want to make it your crusade to defend his honor, I can't help you there.

Never said I know more about coaching than Chizik.  I don't know shit, really. I coached for four years at a medium-sized high school and have several friends who are still coaches. Doesn't give me any special insight.   Anybody who says that their past experience doesn't affect their current perception is a liar.  But if you think you're being "talked down to" because I used to coach then that's really your problem and not mine.  It's certainly not in my head.  It's not anything I think.  Yeah, sometimes there might be things that I learned from coaching or from anything else I've done in business or whatever else that makes me think I'm right about something. But that's not talking down.  Unless YOU read it that way. 

You'll have to go back and show me where I took any personal shots at anybody but Chopper.  It's why I don't bother to read his horse shit.  I don't need to see it.  Don't care to see it.  Don't want to see it.  I've got no use for the guy because he doesn't understand boundaries. 

This is utterly ridiculous. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions