Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Looks like it's gonna be Todd...

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
Re: Looks like it's gonna be Todd...
« Reply #20 on: August 14, 2009, 10:43:29 AM »
Chris Todd is the starter because he lives, breathes, and shits football. He knows damn good and well that he is up against the wall and instead of just sitting around whining and writing drivel about it, he stepped up and EARNED the job. Or maybe Franklin called and forced them to name him starter. Hmmm.

If Tyrik can learn from him in one year how to mentally prepare for the role of QB, the next 4 years will be phenomenal at QB.

Todd is the starter. If that doesn't suit you, then quit donating to the university, but please quit bashing him until he screws the pooch again. And if he doesn't, at least we have a break from the whiny asses.
Amen, brotha.

I'm not wasting any more time trying to cheer up the Debbie Downers.

I will divert my efforts to why I think this is an awesome move.

Just think of the trickeration possibilities with Todd, Burns, and Fannin lined up in some form of the Wildcat with Malzahn at the helm.

If we can pull something crazy off with success the first couple of times we try it, that would in the very least give the defense something to think about.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #21 on: August 14, 2009, 10:47:34 AM »

I'm not wasting any more time trying to cheer up the Debbie Downers.

I will divert my efforts to why I think this is an awesome move.

We appreciate this effort on your part. 

The next time I have a big pile of shit and think there might be a gold coin buried somewhere in it, I know just who to call to search through it. 

You can return to your regularly scheduled Prowler and Chopper cheerleading now.  And think about that for a while.  Look to your left.  Look to your right.  See where you are.  If you're okay with it, so am I! 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

« Reply #22 on: August 14, 2009, 10:50:12 AM »
We appreciate this effort on your part.  

The next time I have a big pile of shit and think there might be a gold coin buried somewhere in it, I know just who to call to search through it.  

You can return to your regularly scheduled Prowler and Chopper cheerleading now.  And think about that for a while.  Look to your left.  Look to your right.  See where you are.  If you're okay with it, so am I!  

I love how you act like you're somehow suddenly in the majority, and it's just us three supporting the move.  I read enough sites to know that the move has equal if not more support than the people that already predict this as an ultimate failure.  It's okay to have a different opinion, but nobody beats the "shit on everything" approach you take.

More power to Wes, Chad, me, Prowler and even you Kaos...   ..at least we're saying something.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2009, 10:51:59 AM by AuburnChopper2.0 »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #23 on: August 14, 2009, 11:03:01 AM »
Bam! 

Succinctly covered all the bases.   Respect.

It was an homage.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #24 on: August 14, 2009, 11:05:46 AM »
How many of you that are declaring the sky to be falling were behind Campbell coming into the 04 season after he stunk it up in 03?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #25 on: August 14, 2009, 11:06:26 AM »
Here's the thing about the decision to start Todd.  

I don't care what kind of shiny spin the dullard Choppers of the world try to put on it, unless you believe Chris Todd had some kind of holy hallelujah spiritual intervention and was reborn as a new man with a new brain and new wheels then you can't help but have questions and doubts.

The things that were wrong with Todd -- speed, bad reads, hesitancy, mechanics -- went far beyond any issue he may have had with his shoulder.  Could those things be coached out?  Maybe so.  But could they have been coached out in the few weeks he's been able to practice?  Again you'd have to have some kind of divine miracle to think it possible. Great if it happened.  

If the kid can come back and be competitive and overcome all the clusterfuck things he did last season that were unrelated to his alleged shoulder problems then you've got the feel good story in the SEC and some seriously positive press.  

For Chizik and Malzhan to make this move knowing that the fan (and likely media) reaction would be negative -- not as negative as the day Chiz was hired, of course so anything is better than that -- they had to believe one thing beyond a shadow of a doubt.  NOT that Chris Todd was the guy, but that Kodi Burns or Neil Caudle were not capable of handling the job on any level.

Chizik is dumb.  Of that I have no doubt.  But he's not dumb enough to miss the point that he desperately needs something positive to happen this season in order to bolster recruiting and ease some of the nagging fears that exist everywhere but in the minds of Chizad, Chopper Beta and Prowler.  So if he's making this move, knowing that it will no doubt bring even more skepticism, he (and Malzhan) must believe this is their best option.  

And I say again, based on everything we've seen to this point and everything we know, that if Chris Todd is our BEST option, our remaining options are pretty bleak.

Damn straight I learn from the past.  I've got a degree in history for cripe's sake.  Learning from the past doesn't mean that you ignore everything that happened and apply some dumbass fantasy to it so it fits the concept you're fixated on.  

You can make all the excuses for Todd you want:  Bad shoulder, couldn't make throws he wanted to make, didn't have a coach, had jock itch, had a blister on his ass, had a toothache, ate a bad cheeseburger, whatever.  Fact remains that he wasn't able to do the job. You can't use all those excuses as evidence that he's going to be capable now.

Maybe he will be.  But that does not eliminate the fact that if he IS the best we have, given the head start Caudle and Burns had in the spring, then it CANNOT be considered a positive until proven otherwise.  

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #26 on: August 14, 2009, 11:08:13 AM »
How many of you that are declaring the sky to be falling were behind Campbell coming into the 04 season after he stunk it up in 03?

You can go look it up.  I was 200% behind Campbell.

I thought Campbell should have been handed the job in 2003.   I fucking BRAWLED with some of you who pissed and moaned about it. 

And he didn't "stink it up" in 2003 at all.  That's total bullshit and more revisionist history.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #27 on: August 14, 2009, 11:10:27 AM »
blah blah blah blah blah blah blah
So, you think Todd is the best QB we have.

So what the fuck are you bitching incessantly about?

I get your point that "If that's the best we can do, we're fucked", but it is stupid and baseless.

So if Kodi was the best we could do, everything would be ok? Caudle?

Forgive me for assuming that no matter who got the job, you'd find a way to bitch seven ways to Sunday. And anyone that gets excited by the decision is digging for gold in turds.

Quit crying wolf and pull the trigger of the gun you have had against your head for 8 months.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #28 on: August 14, 2009, 11:18:25 AM »
So, you think Todd is the best QB we have.

So what the fuck are you bitching incessantly about?

I get your point that "If that's the best we can do, we're fucked", but it is stupid and baseless.

So if Kodi was the best we could do, everything would be ok? Caudle?

Forgive me for assuming that no matter who got the job, you'd find a way to bitch seven ways to Sunday. And anyone that gets excited by the decision is digging for gold in turds.

Quit crying wolf and pull the trigger of the gun you have had against your head for 8 months.
I dont' know if he's the best QB we have or not.  I don't get paid to make that decision. If that's that Malzhan decided based on what he's seen, then I trust that it's so. 

So what the fuck is your point?

I get your point that if Todd is the chosen one, roses and sunshine should explode from my ass. 

The fact that Todd is the best we can do, in my opinion, exposes an even greater weakness than I imagined we had.  I held out hope that the yips that plagued Kodi could have been exorcised.  I retained a shred of belief that Caudle would step up and earn the spot.  Yeah, I would have been more encouraged if one of them had won the spot because it would have signaled (at least to me) progress.

Forgive me for forgetting that no matter who got the job you'd be rolling Toomer's Corner and declaring victory.  And that anyone who has questions or reservations lives in a world of shit or only has half-empty glasses.

Go ahead and mount that unicorn you've been dragging around for eight months now.  It's ready and willing.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #29 on: August 14, 2009, 11:21:32 AM »
I dont' know if he's the best QB we have or not.  I don't get paid to make that decision. If that's that Malzhan decided based on what he's seen, then I trust that it's so. 

I get your point that if Todd is the chosen one, roses and sunshine should explode from my ass. 

The fact that Todd is the best we can do, in my opinion, exposes an even greater weakness than I imagined we had.  I held out hope that the yips that plagued Kodi could have been exorcised.  I retained a shred of belief that Caudle would step up and earn the spot.  Yeah, I would have been more encouraged if one of them had won the spot because it would have signaled (at least to me) progress.

Forgive me for forgetting that no matter who got the job you'd be rolling Toomer's Corner and declaring victory.  And that anyone who has questions or reservations lives in a world of shit or only has half-empty glasses.

Go ahead and mount that unicorn you've been dragging around for eight months now.  It's ready and willing.

I would surmise that if we really do just have a perfume laden turd at QB in lieu of just a stinky one then this must be laid at the previous administrations feet.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

wesfau2

« Reply #30 on: August 14, 2009, 11:21:57 AM »
I hope I'm wrong. 

I want to be wrong.

Todd has simply left a horrible taste in my mouth.

That said, I trust Gus.  He made Paul Fucking Smith a QB that led the top offense in the nation.

Fuck it, I'm going to get a beer.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #31 on: August 14, 2009, 11:23:19 AM »

Todd has simply left a horrible taste in my mouth.

Swallow next time.  Quit snowballing.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

wesfau2

« Reply #32 on: August 14, 2009, 11:24:23 AM »
Swallow next time.  Quit snowballing.

37??

Try not to suck any dick on the way to the parking lot!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #33 on: August 14, 2009, 11:29:22 AM »

What fucking unicorn? Because I'm not shitting my pants over who the coaches picked at QB?

The only segment of any substance in the drivel quoted above is the following.

I held out hope that the yips that plagued Kodi could have been exorcised.  I retained a shred of belief that Caudle would step up and earn the spot.  Yeah, I would have been more encouraged if one of them had won the spot because it would have signaled (at least to me) progress.

So how can you say this out of one side of your mouth, and then completely ignore the fact that Todd was severely injured last year and has since obtained a new shoulder that by all accounts is serving him well?

Why can it only be a good thing if anyone but the guy they actually picked at QB has shown progression? Because they picked Todd. So you must now bitch about Todd and declare him one of the four horsemen of the Auburn Apocalypse along with Chizik, Jacobs, and the water boy.

It has been reported that Auburn will be switching to blue Gatorade instead of the Lemon-Lime Gatorade that was supplied last season
Kaos: What the fuuuuuuuuuuck!!!! We're doooooooooomed!!! Chizik is tearing me apart!!!!!!!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

« Reply #34 on: August 14, 2009, 11:31:42 AM »
blah..blah..

Sidenote:

Why no stories from Vegas?

What the hell, man?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #35 on: August 14, 2009, 11:32:45 AM »
I would surmise that if we really do just have a perfume laden turd at QB in lieu of just a stinky one then this must be laid at the previous administrations feet.

Partially, yeah.  

Caudle was a four-star coming out of high school.  He was one of our in-state coups.

Burns was a four-star coming out of high school.  We showed we were a national force by snatching him from Arkansas' back yard.  

Todd was a project that nobody but Troy really wanted and then only because of Franklin.  He wouldn't even BE at Auburn except for Franklin.  

You can point fingers at the previous administration, yeah, but both Caudle and Burns were highlights of their respective recruiting classes.  Most thought Burns was the next Mike Vick. The black Tim Tebow. The second coming of Dameyune Craig.  Caudle was the next Brandon Cox, the new Jeff Burger or maybe at least Ben Leard.  

Why they failed to meet that promise?  Not my place to say, but either their high school rankings were total bullshit or somebody at Auburn failed them along the way.  

I think it's safe to say Auburn failed Burns.  Shredded a needed redshirt year in a panic because Brandon was gimpy.  Fucked his confidence with the Franklin/Todd saga and then ass raped him with the changes last year.  I can understand how he is where he is.  
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #36 on: August 14, 2009, 11:34:11 AM »

The point is, you bitch bitch bitch about shit you don't even know about.  Wes, just disagrees, but doesn't write pages and pages of bullshit trying to justify and mock other posters.  

Just my take.

NOBODY said this.  

The fact that Todd is the best we can do, in my opinion, exposes an even greater weakness than I imagined we had.  I held out hope that the yips that plagued Kodi could have been exorcised.  I retained a shred of belief that Caudle would step up and earn the spot.  Yeah, I would have been more encouraged if one of them had won the spot because it would have signaled (at least to me) progress.

This is what you feel because you've completely dismissed all reasoning that Todd just might be better, and that all the shit you made fun of in your last explanation (shoulder, coaching, etc...) might actually have been a variable in his horrible year last year.

Forgive me for forgetting that no matter who got the job you'd be rolling Toomer's Corner and declaring victory.  And that anyone who has questions or reservations lives in a world of shit or only has half-empty glasses.  

The only one here taking extreme view or claiming anything is you.  Nobody has called this a shoe in success, rather than had opinions on the reasonings behind it and support the decision as it is now.

Keep up with the mocking and colorful adjectives though.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

« Reply #37 on: August 14, 2009, 11:35:16 AM »

Why they failed to meet that promise?  Not my place to say, but either their high school rankings were total bullshit or somebody at Auburn failed them along the way.  

Come on.  You can say it.  "Somebody at Auburn" = Tuberville and staff.  They are the ones directly responsible for the development of the players' athletic abilities.

It's not to shit on Tuberville's legacy, but you have to be honest in assessing the good and bad of that legacy.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #38 on: August 14, 2009, 11:36:16 AM »
What fucking unicorn? Because I'm not shitting my pants over who the coaches picked at QB?

The only segment of any substance in the drivel quoted above is the following.

So how can you say this out of one side of your mouth, and then completely ignore the fact that Todd was severely injured last year and has since obtained a new shoulder that by all accounts is serving him well?

Why can it only be a good thing if anyone but the guy they actually picked at QB has shown progression? Because they picked Todd. So you must now bitch about Todd and declare him one of the four horsemen of the Auburn Apocalypse along with Chizik, Jacobs, and the water boy.

It has been reported that Auburn will be switching to blue Gatorade instead of the Lemon-Lime Gatorade that was supplied last season
Kaos: What the fuuuuuuuuuuck!!!! We're doooooooooomed!!! Chizik is tearing me apart!!!!!!!

Seriously?  Get the fuck over yourself.  

I've got an opinion.  I'm going to express it. So fucking sorry it doesn't mesh with yours.  I'm not shitting anything.  I was hoping that we wouldn't be here with Todd emerging as the starter, but here we are.  i think that is a negative.  Guarantee you I'm not alone in that sentiment.

I've said it five fucking times now, but I'll repeat it again for you.  Unless you believe in miracles, Todd did not show me anything last year that would lead me to believe he'd have the mental or physical skill to overcome somebody who had a full spring's head start on him.  His shoulder issues did not make him slower, did not cause every bad decision he made, had no impact on his footwork, etc.  So if he was able to come back in three weeks and knock off the other two guys who had substantially more prep time that HAS to say something about where we are.  I contend that something isn't good.  Blow that the fuck up any way you want to, Chawk. 

On another note?  Hyperbole doesn't become you.  You've become as mulishly pedantic as Chopper, unable to read anything I say without filtering it through your own personal bias and overreacting.  Because you enter every discussion with your preconceived bias, you've become unable to respond with rationality.  Congratulations.  
« Last Edit: August 14, 2009, 11:42:33 AM by Kaos »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #39 on: August 14, 2009, 11:36:30 AM »
Sidenote:

Why no stories from Vegas?

What the hell, man?
I wish there were some incredible stories, but there just wasn't. We went with a bunch of couples.

Went and saw Blue Man Group and Penn & Teller. Lost a lot of money at the casinos.

My lady friend is a down-assed bitch that was trying as hard as me to convince the other girls to go to a sleezy strip club. They weren't having it. We were inches away from going by ourselves, but finally just gave in to lose our money at the casino with the rest of them instead of into a g-string.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions