Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Looks like it's gonna be Todd...

Talon

Looks like it's gonna be Todd...
« on: August 13, 2009, 11:10:15 PM »
AUBURN -- Chris Todd will start the season as Auburn's quarterback, head coach Gene Chizik announced late Thursday night. Kodi was with the receivers at practice.

http://blog.al.com/auburnbeat/2009/08/quarterback_story.html

WDE Bitch's !!
« Last Edit: August 13, 2009, 11:22:07 PM by Talon »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
In his first news conference as AUBURN'S head coach in 1981, Pat Dye was asked this question:  "How long will it take you to beat Alabama"?  To which he responded, "Oh, about 60 minutes".

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
Re: Looks like it's gonna be Todd...
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2009, 11:27:43 PM »
FUCK!!!!

I'll support the damn team but what will we be asking next year at this same time?  Who is going to quarterback the Auburn Tigers?  Sorry, this is a stupid ass move.  We are supposedley rebuilding.  Why waste a year when the most important single player on the team will be gone next year?  Let a QB grow with the team and get chemistry with this young receiving corps.  FUCK!!!! 

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Birmingham

« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2009, 11:39:10 PM »
I really really approve of this decision.  I think Gene Chizik is doing a wonderful job at his role in the process.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2009, 11:47:04 PM »
I really really approve of this decision.  I think Gene Chizik is doing a wonderful job at his role in the process.

Wait, you're being sarcastic...aren't you?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Birmingham

« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2009, 12:08:54 AM »

wait...what?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2009, 01:04:45 AM »
He was.

I'm not.

From everything I've been reading Todd's been the most impressive. Post-op he's a completely different animal.

If Burns has impressed you any at QB since the Chick-Fil-A Bowl in '07, then puff puff pass.

Rollison is going to be a badass, but he's not ready just yet. Redshirt him this year, and let him loose for 3 or 4 years.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2009, 01:38:42 AM »
He was.

I'm not.

From everything I've been reading Todd's been the most impressive. Post-op he's a completely different animal.

If Burns has impressed you any at QB since the Chick-Fil-A Bowl in '07, then puff puff pass.

Rollison is going to be a badass, but he's not ready just yet. Redshirt him this year, and let him loose for 3 or 4 years.
If Todd gives us the best chance to win fuckin' play him! He made all the reads last year he just couldn't throw the ball. I say redshirt Tyrik and get him ready for 4 great years. I told yall Kodi was a receiver!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2009, 06:34:39 AM »
If Todd gives us the best chance to win fuckin' play him! He made all the reads last year he just couldn't throw the ball. I say redshirt Tyrik and get him ready for 4 great years. I told yall Kodi was a receiver!

Your memory is very hazy.  He made no fucking reads.  Unless deer in the headlights is a read.  He hesistated. Nine out of ten decisions he made were bad.  He's as slow as Wilford Brimley.

Whatever.  Flush.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2009, 07:10:58 AM »
Your memory is very hazy.  He made no fucking reads.  Unless deer in the headlights is a read.  He hesistated. Nine out of ten decisions he made were bad.  He's as slow as Wilford Brimley.

Whatever.  Flush.
Maybe you should get back into coaching and save us all from Chizik and Malzhan because its in there best intrest to play the worst Qb and Lose football games?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2009, 07:22:57 AM »
Maybe you should get back into coaching and save us all from Chizik and Malzhan because its in there best intrest to play the worst Qb and Lose football games?

Missing the point, Jumbo. 

He may be the best we have.  If he is?  Fuck me.  We're in a world of shit. 

I hope to God he has improved.  I hope he can throw the ball better. He certainly couldn't throw worth a fuck last year.  Obama had a better arm. Maybe working with a different coach improved his footwork -- because it was atrocious last year.  Quarterbacking requires precision.  A five-step drop needs to be five steps, not two stumbles, three staggers, a hop a skip and a flop.  That could be potentially coached and cured.  Maybe working with new coaches improved his hesitancy and inability to pull the trigger. He made reads, yeah.  he looked here, looked there, looked up, down, sideways, at his dick and then threw the ball at a lineman's ass.  He read too much.  He read War and Fucking Peace while he wobbled around in the pocket. 

I don't think they can coach him to be any faster.  He's guy on crutches slow. 

Theoretically all those things but the speed could have been "fixed."  But that's a lot to fix in a few weeks of practice.  If he's come in and taken the starting job after missing the entire spring then that tells me that neither Kodi Burns or Neil Caudle are worth a fiddly fuck.  And that's bad. 

Not Chizik or Malzhan's fault, but bad nonetheless.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2009, 09:04:45 AM »
I hope he can throw the ball better. He certainly couldn't throw worth a fuck last year.

He was injured last year.  You mean you didn't know this?

Maybe working with a different coach improved his footwork -- because it was atrocious last year.

With WHAT coach last year?  Your beloved Franklin? WHOOO???  There wasn't a quarterback last season that after a mistake that didn't walk over to the sidelines, hang their head, and then wait till next series.  There WAS NO COACHING... Everyone knew this.

Quarterbacking requires precision.  A five-step drop needs to be five steps, not two stumbles, three staggers, a hop a skip and a flop.  That could be potentially coached and cured.  Maybe working with new coaches improved his hesitancy and inability to pull the trigger.

This is a deep breakdown.  However, again, between being injured, not being able make the throws he knew he needed to make, plus being behind a line that couldn't block you from getting to the cookie jar, I'm willing to dismiss a lot of what I saw last year (not all, but a lot).

He made reads, yeah.  he looked here, looked there, looked up, down, sideways, at his dick and then threw the ball at a lineman's ass.  He read too much.  He read War and Fucking Peace while he wobbled around in the pocket.

Just a bunch of comedic drivel, but really only needs to be answered with what's above.  He couldn't make the throws he needed to make, and we had a coaching staff that was either too stupid to get him out of the game, or feared the alternative.  That's how bad it was last year.    

I don't think they can coach him to be any faster.  He's guy on crutches slow.

Besides the occassional role out, I don't believe it will be Todd's function to run anywhere.  If our offensive line does the job they're supposed to, I don't care if he's Elway slow.  Just get the ball out quick and let the talent with speed do the job.  

Theoretically all those things but the speed could have been "fixed."  But that's a lot to fix in a few weeks of practice.  If he's come in and taken the starting job after missing the entire spring then that tells me that neither Kodi Burns or Neil Caudle are worth a fiddly fuck.  And that's bad.

I know this could just be impossible to believe, but maybe he was just better.  Maybe it doesn't necessarily mean that Caudle is worth a "fiddly fuck".   By all accounts, Caudle has a good arm and is a capable QB in this system, but Todd just understood it better and is now strong enough to perform as expected, unlike last year. Kodi seems happy enough to take a WR position (a whole other debate) after what he's seen.  Last year, he wouldn't have and we had parents yapping and players divided.  Think what you want, lord knows you're going to anyway.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2009, 09:30:42 AM by AuburnChopper2.0 »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Birmingham

« Reply #11 on: August 14, 2009, 09:20:25 AM »
Who is this AuburnChopper and why is he thinking reasonably.  I haven't seen a melt down from him in a while and his posts are gaining insight.  This must stop.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #12 on: August 14, 2009, 09:32:37 AM »
Birmingham said you were making sense.  I took a chance and unignored you. 

Sadly?  He was wrong.  I'll reply to this but you're going back in the safe where you belong after that.

He was injured last year.  You mean you didn't know this?

Funny, but that wasn't an excuse until AFTER the season.  If he were that badly injured he shouldn't have played.  If he couldn't do the job, HE had a responsibilty to step aside. 

With WHAT coach last year?  Your beloved Franklin? WHOOO???  There wasn't a quarterback last season that after a mistake that didn't walk over to the sidelines and, hang their head, and then wait till next series.  There WAS NO COACHING... Everyone knew this.

YOU didn't fucking know it.  Want me to dig up some of your eloquent rants and defenses of Franlklinstein?  Funny how smart you think you get in retrospect. 

This is a deep breakdown.  However, again, between being injured, not being able make the throws he knew he needed to make, plus being behind a line that couldn't block you from getting to the cookie jar, I'm willing to dismiss a lot of what I saw last year (not all, but a lot).

Given your established analytical skills I really don't give too much of a farting fuck what you're willing to dismiss.   

Just a bunch of comedic drivel, but really only needs to be answered with what's above.  He couldn't make the throws he needed to make, and we had a coaching staff that was too stupid to get him out of the game, or feared the option.  That's how bad it was last year.   

Besides the occassional role out, I don't believe it will be Todd's function to run anywhere.  If our offensive line does the job they're supposed to, I don't care if he's Elway slow.  Just get the ball out quick and let the talent with speed do the job. 

And it's that bad this year.  Kodi and Neil had all spring to establish themselves.  They failed to do so.  We're left with Todd by default because we really have no other options.  And that's BAAAAAAAAAAD.

Talent with speed?  Where the fuck did you see any of that? 

Role out?  Is he being cast in some Broadway show?  What the fuck is that?

I know this could just be impossible to believe, but maybe he was just better.  Maybe it doesn't necessarily mean that Caudle is worth a "fiddly fuck".   By all accounts, Caudle has a good arm and is a capable QB in this system, but Todd just understood it better and is now strong enough to perform as expected, unlike last year. Kodi seems happy enough to take a WR position (a whole other debate) after what he's seen.  Last year, he wouldn't have and we had parents yapping and players divided.  Think what you want, lord knows you're going to anyway.

Blah, blah, blah, nonsense.  If your reading skills had improved you'd see where I already said maybe he's the best we have.  But if that's the case, we are likely butt fucked. 

Burns said positive shit last year.  Only NOW do they come out and claim there were fractures in the locker room. 

If Todd "understands" a system he didn't work in all spring or offseason better than two guys who did, then there is a problem with those two guys. 

Say whatever the hell you're going to.  Lord knows you talk out your ass constantly as it is. 

Back to ignore.  I really don't have time for your trash.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #13 on: August 14, 2009, 09:49:04 AM »
Funny, but that wasn't an excuse until AFTER the season.  If he were that badly injured he shouldn't have played.  If he couldn't do the job, HE had a responsibilty to step aside.

Education is a bitch.  We know it now.  Hindsight is 20/20 and most learn from it when given the opportunity.  You haven't.  You're still acting and posting as if Todd was at 100% and he was just terrible last year.   As far as responsibility, how many athletes step aside in that situation?  Even injured he might have been the better option, and like I said, it was THAT bad.  

YOU didn't fucking know it.  Want me to dig up some of your eloquent rants and defenses of Franlklinstein?  Funny how smart you think you get in retrospect.

Fine, but the point was, he didn't have anyone to make his footwork "non" atrocious last year.  I'm not acting like I wasn't wrong about Franklin, but I am capable of learning from the past.  You evidently...not so much.

Given your established analytical skills I really don't give too much of a farting fuck what you're willing to dismiss.

A good shot at me, which is where you go, just as much as you like to attack me for it.   I'm keeping this civil...can you?  Again...evidently not.    

And it's that bad this year.  Kodi and Neil had all spring to establish themselves.  They failed to do so.  We're left with Todd by default because we really have no other options.  And that's BAAAAAAAAAAD.

I've already answered this.  You either ignored it, or are hoping I'd say something different I guess.  I'd only add, that obviously I said the "It was that bad last year", because I can look back at it and make an informed opinion on it.  Unless you see the future, you can't make the SAME opinion about this year and slap a "fact" label on it.  

Talent with speed?  Where the fuck did you see any of that?

Now you're just being silly.  Ridiculous even.  This doesn't make me look stupid, it makes YOU look stupid.  

Role out?  Is he being cast in some Broadway show?  What the fuck is that?

Excuse me, "roll".  Way to slap me around with a typo.  Congrats.  

Blah, blah, blah, nonsense.  If your reading skills had improved you'd see where I already said maybe he's the best we have.  But if that's the case, we are likely butt fucked.

Dude, you're so in the "we're fucked" closet, it's not even funny.  You're gloom and doom all the way, and all you've done is do exactly what others have said about you here recently and given yourself a sliver of room to get out of what you're doing.  Sorry, but your clearly anti-everything until the hell freezes moment that causes you to cut it out.

Burns said positive shit last year.  Only NOW do they come out and claim there were fractures in the locker room.

Yes, but we do know NOW.  So what's your point?  I'd also argue that most of us had more than just a "hunch" that there were locker room issues last year.  Seriously.  

If Todd "understands" a system he didn't work in all spring or offseason better than two guys who did, then there is a problem with those two guys.

Yeah, while they were out throwing footballs, Todd was in the filmroom and studying the playbook.  What a ridiculous thought.  

Say whatever the hell you're going to.  Lord knows you talk out your ass constantly as it is.

If so, it would only be because I bought your video.  I'm returning it though.  It was bullshit.  

Back to ignore.  I really don't have time for your trash.

:thumbsup:

« Last Edit: August 14, 2009, 10:09:40 AM by AuburnChopper2.0 »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #14 on: August 14, 2009, 09:59:15 AM »

I hope to God he has improved.  I hope he can throw the ball better. He certainly couldn't throw worth a fuck last year.  Obama had a better arm. Maybe working with a different coach improved his footwork -- because it was atrocious last year.  Quarterbacking requires precision.  A five-step drop needs to be five steps, not two stumbles, three staggers, a hop a skip and a flop.  That could be potentially coached and cured.  Maybe working with new coaches improved his hesitancy and inability to pull the trigger. He made reads, yeah.  he looked here, looked there, looked up, down, sideways, at his dick and then threw the ball at a lineman's ass.  He read too much.  He read War and Fucking Peace while he wobbled around in the pocket. 

I LMAO this whole paragraph!!!  :rofl:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #15 on: August 14, 2009, 10:19:49 AM »
Education is a bitch.  We know it now.  Hindsight is 20/20 and most learn from it when given the opportunity.  You haven't.  You're still acting and posting as if Todd was at 100% and he was just terrible last year.   As far as responsibility, how many athletes step aside in that situation?  Even injured he might have been the better option, and like I said, it was THAT bad.  

Fine, but the point was, he didn't have anyone to make his footwork "non" atrocious last year.  I'm not acting like I wasn't wrong about Franklin, but I am capable of learning from the past.  You evidently...not so much.

A good shot at me, which is where you go, just as much as you like to attack me for it.   I'm keeping this civil...can you?  Again...evidently not.    

I've already answered this.  You either ignored it, or are hoping I'd say something different I guess.  I'd only add, that obviously I said the "It was that bad last year", because I can look back at it and make an informed opinion on it.  Unless you see the future, you can't make the SAME opinion about this year and slap a "fact" label on it.  

Now you're just being silly.  Ridiculous even.  This doesn't make me look stupid, it makes YOU look stupid.  

Excuse me, "roll".  Way to slap me around with a typo.  Congrats.  

Dude, you're so in the "we're fucked" closet, it's not even funny.  You're gloom and doom all the way, and all you've done is do exactly what others have said about you here recently and given yourself a sliver of room to get out of what you're doing.  Sorry, but your clearly anti-everything until the hell freezes moment that causes you to cut it out.

Yes, but we do know NOW.  So what's your point?  I'd also argue that most of us had more than just a "hunch" that there were locker room issues last year.  Seriously.  

Yeah, while they were out throwing footballs, Todd was in the filmroom and studying the playbook.  What a ridiculous thought.  

If so, it would only be because I bought your video.  I'm returning it though.  It was bullshit.  

:thumbsup:

:pwnd:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #16 on: August 14, 2009, 10:32:52 AM »
Chris Todd is the starter because he lives, breathes, and shits football. He knows damn good and well that he is up against the wall and instead of just sitting around whining and writing drivel about it, he stepped up and EARNED the job. Or maybe Franklin called and forced them to name him starter. Hmmm.

If Tyrik can learn from him in one year how to mentally prepare for the role of QB, the next 4 years will be phenomenal at QB.

Todd is the starter. If that doesn't suit you, then quit donating to the university, but please quit bashing him until he screws the pooch again. And if he doesn't, at least we have a break from the whiny asses.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #17 on: August 14, 2009, 10:38:49 AM »
:pwnd:
You don't know the meaning of the term.  Christ. 

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #18 on: August 14, 2009, 10:39:50 AM »
Chris Todd is the starter because he lives, breathes, and shits football.

I believe you.  I saw him shit all over the field last year.

If Tyrik can learn from him in one year how to mentally prepare for the role of QB, the next 4 years will be phenomenal at QB.

I'm hoping that Tyrik learns from the coaches.

Todd is the starter. If that doesn't suit you, then quit donating to the university, but please quit bashing him until he screws the pooch again. And if he doesn't, at least we have a break from the whiny asses.

While we're handing out unsolicited directives: Fuck yourself raw with a corn cob.  Thanks.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #19 on: August 14, 2009, 10:41:17 AM »
I believe you.  I saw him shit all over the field last year.

I'm hoping that Tyrik learns from the coaches.

While we're handing out unsolicited directives: Fuck yourself raw with a corn cob.  Thanks.

Bam! 

Succinctly covered all the bases.   Respect.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions