Dog Killer...play or no play?

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
Dog Killer...play or no play?
« on: July 20, 2009, 01:01:54 PM »
We haven't really talked about this...

Michael Vick has been released from prison for a couple of months now and has been on home arrest.  He has asked to be reinstated by the NFL to allow him to play in 09.  You are the Commisioner of the NFL what is your decision? do you reinstate him? reasons why or why not.

Discuss...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
Re: Dog Killer...play or no play?
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2009, 01:04:56 PM »
Yes I reinstate him. 

He served his time let him try to make a living.  Hard to hold him to a different standard than what you hold others.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Thrilla

• I have a touch of the consumption
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2009, 01:07:46 PM »
He's been punished and has served more than enough time for his misdeeds.  I'm no fan of dog abuse, but he's done his penance.  His efficacy at quarterback at this point in time is questionable based on my knowledge of prison meals and workout routines...so he probably has a little ways to go before he's ready for the NFL again.  Just a little ways...since he's a natural athlete.   So I say if a team is ready to pay him to come back, then that is fine....

as long as it ain't the Falcons.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2009, 01:12:39 PM »
I agree with both of you, and I am curious if anyone disagrees and thinks he shouldn't be allowed to play anymore.

I still think he is a POS, but like you said he did his time (and at a fuck me in the ass prison, not some country club tennis prison, that Birdman will end up in after the cops finish his steroids case.)
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2009, 01:21:30 PM »
I agree with both of you, and I am curious if anyone disagrees and thinks he shouldn't be allowed to play anymore.

I still think he is a POS, but like you said he did his time (and at a fuck me in the ass prison, not some country club tennis prison, that Birdman will end up in after the cops finish his steroids case.)

I'll just take huge doses of roids and conduct the ass raping myself.

My opinion on Vick can be summed up in two words.  1. Leonard 2. Little

Okay a few more words.  Let the guy play.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2009, 01:26:56 PM »
I say let him play if a team wants to sign him. He went to jail for over a year, Donte Stallworth killed a man while driving drunk and gets 2 months?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2009, 02:41:01 PM »
I'll be the contrarian, but only predicated upon Goodell's prior assertions that he will not tolerate this crap.

IF Goodell is serious about cleaning up the league, then fuck Vick, Pacman and Stallworth.

I think the almighty dollar will win out, as always, and Vick will be back in the league soon (after kissing Roger's ring and performing some act of public contrition).
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

Jumbo

« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2009, 03:19:31 PM »
I'll be the contrarian, but only predicated upon Goodell's prior assertions that he will not tolerate this crap.

IF Goodell is serious about cleaning up the league, then fuck Vick, Pacman and Stallworth.

I think the almighty dollar will win out, as always, and Vick will be back in the league soon (after kissing Roger's ring and performing some act of public contrition).
He will have to kiss Goodall's ass that's for sure. I think Vick's going to have a hard time adjusting to the pocket style passing of todays NFL since he's a horrible passer.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tiger Wench

• Does this armour make my ass look big?
« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2009, 11:31:38 PM »

But unlike Stallworth and Pacman, Vick actually served his time, took his punishment, owned up to what he did and SO FAR has tried to demonstrate remorse.  If Goodell is wanting to assert that he will not tolerate this crap, then better he let back in a (hopefully) success story (Vick) than a repeat too-stupid-to-live shithead like Pacman. 

Besides, if PETA is protesting against you, you have my support.  Animal abuse is heinous and should be punished, but those fuckers are nothing more than domestic terrorists and total moonbats. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Thrilla

• I have a touch of the consumption
« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2009, 11:14:33 AM »
He will have to kiss Goodall's ass that's for sure. I think Vick's going to have a hard time adjusting to the pocket style passing of todays NFL since he's a horrible passer.

The talking heads at Sportscenter yesterday says there's a good chance that his new team will bring him on in a more Athlete type position instead of quarterback.  Since the Wildcat formation has gained popularity in the NFL over the past couple of years, they were saying he would be the perfect fit for a team that runs that formation in games.  I just can't see his ass getting hit repeatedly as a slot receiver or tailback, though, after being a quarterback and being in prison for so long.  Easily breakable, and all that...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #10 on: July 21, 2009, 12:15:30 PM »
Let him play. 

Was he really in typical prison?  If so, I don't care how much of a "natural athlete" he is.  He won't be football ready for another year. 

He'll get his ass rocked this year, sit the bench, and get cut by whatever team takes the chance on him.  There's no way Michael Vick can be Michael Vick after sitting out two seasons. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #11 on: July 21, 2009, 12:29:14 PM »
I say let him play if a team wants to sign him. He went to jail for over a year, Donte Stallworth killed a man while driving drunk and gets 2 months?

Agreed.  As TW said, "Animal abuse is heinous and should be punished" and I think that Vick has served his time and been punished enough.

I still don't understand how Stallworth kills a man for DUI but only gets 2 months!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
« Reply #12 on: July 21, 2009, 12:49:52 PM »
Agreed.  As TW said, "Animal abuse is heinous and should be punished" and I think that Vick has served his time and been punished enough.

I still don't understand how Stallworth kills a man for DUI but only gets 2 months!

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Redskins cornerback DeAngelo Hall said, "Guys don't mind hitting Michael Vick in the open field, but when you see Cam, you have to think about how you're going to tackle him. He's like a big tight end coming at you."

Jumbo

« Reply #13 on: July 21, 2009, 01:55:59 PM »
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
I would get 10 yrs in prison, unless I had a great lawyer!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #14 on: July 21, 2009, 02:05:30 PM »

The guy was jaywalkin' like a motherfucker. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

Jumbo

« Reply #15 on: July 21, 2009, 02:47:19 PM »
The guy was jaywalkin' like a motherfucker. 
He moonwalked right into the Bentley on dubs.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

boartitz

« Reply #16 on: July 21, 2009, 05:25:38 PM »
He wouldn't be on my team if I owned one. Really, just how great was he a few years back, anyways? Run of the puppy mill.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tiger Wench

« Reply #17 on: July 21, 2009, 06:25:30 PM »
He moonwalked right into the Bentley on dubs.
One of the shysters can correct me if I am wrong, but if Stallworth hadn't been drunk, he might not have even been prosecuted.  If someone steps out in front of you outside the bounds of the pedestrian crossing, the risk is theirs, no?.  That is, unless you are committing some sort of traffic violation that would impair a person's ability to react - ie, speeding, DUI, etc.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tiger Wench

« Reply #18 on: July 21, 2009, 06:26:41 PM »
He wouldn't be on my team if I owned one. Really, just how great was he a few years back, anyways? Run of the puppy mill.
:rimshot:

That is bad.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Jumbo

« Reply #19 on: July 21, 2009, 06:39:36 PM »
One of the shysters can correct me if I am wrong, but if Stallworth hadn't been drunk, he might not have even been prosecuted.  If someone steps out in front of you outside the bounds of the pedestrian crossing, the risk is theirs, no?.  That is, unless you are committing some sort of traffic violation that would impair a person's ability to react - ie, speeding, DUI, etc.

If your driving drunk and kill someone you should go to jail.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions