Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Dog Killer...play or no play?

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
Re: Dog Killer...play or no play?
« Reply #40 on: July 27, 2009, 11:02:26 PM »
Heard a report today about the UFL, another start up football league.  Like most before it, probably won't fly but the commissioner sounds like he's got his stuff together and they're really working hand in hand with the NFL.  Kind of a feeder system for the league.  Anyway, they said Vick playing there is a good possibility to get his feet back under him.  They start in October.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

« Reply #41 on: July 27, 2009, 11:53:16 PM »
First of all, playing in the NFL, just like any other job, is a privilege and not a right. There are many companies that will not hire certain types of felons for various reasons, with perception usually being one of them especially when a public figure is involved. So, I don't feel I have the right to tell any company they must hire anybody. Vick might have served his time for his legal transgressions, but the societal repercussions may be felt for much longer. When you are committing an illegal act, you know the stigma it can leave you with if caught, so if you can't deal with that, then that is your problem, not mine. Should have thought about that before you committed the act. We all make bad choices and sometimes the bad ones hang around much longer then we would like.

For those that says he has a right to make a living, I don't disagree. However that does not mean he has some inalienable right to play in the NFL and make millions. I am pretty sure he can find a job outside the NFL if nobody wants to sign him. If Goodell would have decided to ban him, I would not have disagreed, and if nobody wants to sign him, I can't disagree with that either. I think Vick needs to be very thankful that Goodell did not ban him for life, but if Vick says or performs some action that shows shows disagreement with Goodell's decision, then that just shows me he has not learned anything, because instead of being thankful he is being selfish once again.

With all of that said, I do find the NFL hypocritical of the way it handles these players that get caught in illegal activities. It seems that if you harm a human, you don't get punished as severely as if you harmed an animal. Don't get me wrong, I don't support animal abuse and my two dogs and cat are very spoiled. I just don't understand the discrepancies in the levels of punishment the NFL seems to hand out.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

boartitz

« Reply #42 on: August 01, 2009, 07:48:53 AM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #43 on: August 03, 2009, 10:54:25 AM »
The treatment of the dog and the pic is an ugly thing. But what I find uglier is the same people care nothing about the families of the rape, murder, or any other issue concerning humans and sports athletes. Sure they got the receiver at Carolina, but that was obvious. When these same people become just as outraged about a human befalling the same misfortune, then I will have cause to listen to them. Until then, Vick was involved in treating an animal with malice, not a human. There are tons of folks arrested for dog fighting every year, hardly any receive the same punishment as Vick. I can't stand Vick, but I will not condone him being punished worse than some of the other criminals allowed to play in the NFL. Animal lovers need to be just as passionate about humans. The two are not the same.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

ssgaufan

• WDE!!!
« Reply #44 on: August 03, 2009, 11:52:15 AM »
Fuck Vick.  If he could hit the broad side of a barn with the football I might think otherwise.  I don't understand all of this shit over a qb that sucks at throwing the damn ball.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #45 on: August 03, 2009, 12:18:33 PM »
Fuck Vick.  If he could hit the broad side of a barn with the football I might think otherwise.  I don't understand all of this shit over a qb that sucks at throwing the damn ball.

He made an incredible amount of money.  He also helped other people make an incredible amount of money. 

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

Thrilla

• I have a touch of the consumption
« Reply #46 on: August 03, 2009, 05:36:09 PM »

Great reply.

That mutha fucka sure can run, tho.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

boartitz

« Reply #47 on: August 03, 2009, 05:55:25 PM »
Great reply.

That mutha fucka sure can run, tho.
His dogs bite.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
« Reply #48 on: August 04, 2009, 04:21:07 AM »
His dogs bite.
like a hungry dog with a Alpo covered kitten!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.