Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Chickenzik?

Greaseyweasel

• Love Auburn, Hate chizik. 'nuff said.
Re: Chickenzik?
« Reply #40 on: April 16, 2009, 11:54:15 PM »
Why do I suspect that if Auburn had accepted, you would either be saying Chizik had nothing to do with it, or more likely that Chizik was responsible and it was the worst decision he possibly could have made?
No I would have given them just a little respect for thinking they were at least willing to put their asses on the line.
But then again there is nothing to respect.
So let me ask a few straight up questions: In your humble opinion is this actually a financial move as stated or an act of cowardice?
Does it make you stop and wonder about the hire and the faith in the hire by those who made the hire?
And was the decision to pass on playing this huge gamein order to not have to cancel a projected rout in the long term (or short term for that matter) best interest of the Auburn University Football program?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You've got to learn to stand for something

or you'll fall for anything.

« Reply #41 on: April 17, 2009, 12:10:37 AM »
     Can someone please explain why it is cowardly to basically say, hey man, we're booked up in 2010, how about we do it in 2012?  Scheduling is usually done way in advance, it has only been with the addition of the 12th game that these regional matchups at alternate sites started popping up.  I'm not sure if they're good or bad.  We start playing Texas A&M in the Cowboy's new stadium next year, and the only real benefit I see is in recruiting.  I'm not sure I see where Auburn gains anything in recruiting by playing a game in Atlanta.  Maybe if you could line something up in Tampa or Orlando it would be worth it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

boartitz

« Reply #42 on: April 17, 2009, 12:20:44 AM »
     Can someone please explain why it is cowardly to basically say, hey man, we're booked up in 2010, how about we do it in 2012?  Scheduling is usually done way in advance, it has only been with the addition of the 12th game that these regional matchups at alternate sites started popping up.  I'm not sure if they're good or bad.  We start playing Texas A&M in the Cowboy's new stadium next year, and the only real benefit I see is in recruiting.  I'm not sure I see where Auburn gains anything in recruiting by playing a game in Atlanta.  Maybe if you could line something up in Tampa or Orlando it would be worth it.
Uh.They are recruiting Texas now. Fuck Flordia.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #43 on: April 17, 2009, 12:58:14 AM »
This is lame as fuck, Chopper.  Grow up.

I was just messing with the guy you overly sensitive and Chopper obsessed fucktard.

Holy shit.  :eyeroll:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #44 on: April 17, 2009, 08:38:53 AM »
As said above, it looked like UCLA said, "How bout' a game in 2010?"  Auburn said, "Sorry, booked up, how bout' a home and home starting in 2012".  And UCLA said, "Nope, we want this game"

Then, GT said, "Hey Bruins, we'll do it."  And then UCLA said, "Aww hell no".

And then Steve said, "Who looks like a coward?".  And then GW said, "Chizik and Jacobs are fuckheads".
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #45 on: April 17, 2009, 09:15:56 AM »
As said above, it looked like UCLA said, "How bout' a game in 2010?"  Auburn said, "Sorry, booked up, how bout' a home and home starting in 2012".  And UCLA said, "Nope, we want this game"

Then, GT said, "Hey Bruins, we'll do it."  And then UCLA said, "Aww hell no".

And then Steve said, "Who looks like a coward?".  And then GW said, "Chizik and Jacobs are fuckheads".

Could you do this for every thread?  It would save me a ton of time.  Thanks.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #46 on: April 17, 2009, 09:17:45 AM »
No I would have given them just a little respect for thinking they were at least willing to put their asses on the line.
But then again there is nothing to respect.
So let me ask a few straight up questions: In your humble opinion is this actually a financial move as stated or an act of cowardice?
I think it's not as much either as it is that we're simply booked up for the season following this upcoming one. We wanted to do it in 2012. NO ONE in the SEC plays two big OOC games a year. No one. Unless maybe it's by shear chance that a team stepped into the spotlight between the time the game was scheduled and the actual gameday.

Finebaum was going on and on about "Well, the problem is Saban wouldn't do this. In his second year, they came and asked if Alabama wanted to step up and play Clemson, and you know what? They weren't afraid of Clemson. They stepped up and whipped em and went on to a fantastic season, and blah blah blah..." Hey Paul. Guess what. WE'RE PLAYING CLEMSON IN THIS SEASON YOU'RE DIRECTLY COMPARING US TO. Clemson was their ONE big OOC game that year. Take them off the schedule and what's the next biggest one? Tulane? Paul went on and on about how SEC teams do in fact schedule more than one big OOC game in one year, yet failed to site ONE team that has done this. I would like to know of one in the last 5 years (since the SEC found the winning formula for the MNC). This has absolutely zero to do with Chizik being "scared of Clemson". 1) It appears that it was not Chizik's call 2) He's PLAYING CLEMSON that year and 3) It has everything to do with the fact that we already have a marquee OOC game next year, but we need one for 2012. UCLA and the Georgia Dome turned this down.
Does it make you stop and wonder about the hire and the faith in the hire by those who made the hire?
This is a Finebaum formulated theory. A stretch to say the least. Which is it? Chizik is scared, or Jacobs has no faith in Chizik and wouldn't let him play the game? Or maybe, just maybe, it has everything to do with the fact that we have a big OOC game that year and needed to play that game in 2012 instead.
And was the decision to pass on playing this huge gamein order to not have to cancel a projected rout in the long term (or short term for that matter) best interest of the Auburn University Football program?
This is debatable. I certainly don't think it's necessary, but as a fan, of course I'd love to see it. Again, no one else is playing 2 OOC games, so why is Auburn being held to this standard that no other team in the SEC is?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #47 on: April 17, 2009, 10:37:20 AM »
Finebaum's a mommy part as well as anyone who quotes anything from him.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #48 on: April 17, 2009, 10:39:10 AM »
Finebaum's a mommy part as well as anyone who quotes anything from him.
As well as anyone who sees "Wicked".
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #49 on: April 17, 2009, 10:50:29 AM »
As well as anyone who sees "Wicked".

My daughter loves "Wicked."

Hey, wasn't that homo dude from American Idol in Wicked?

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

« Reply #50 on: April 17, 2009, 11:04:54 AM »
My daughter loves "Wicked."

Hey, wasn't that homo dude from American Idol in Wicked?

AUChizad?
« Last Edit: October 28, 2014, 03:22:40 PM by AUChizad »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
« Reply #51 on: April 17, 2009, 02:39:59 PM »
« Last Edit: October 28, 2014, 03:22:52 PM by AUChizad »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
« Reply #52 on: April 17, 2009, 03:38:08 PM »
AUChizad?
1st off - High School Musical 3 is the tits.

2nd ly - Want to drink tonight?
« Last Edit: October 28, 2014, 03:23:01 PM by AUChizad »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Redskins cornerback DeAngelo Hall said, "Guys don't mind hitting Michael Vick in the open field, but when you see Cam, you have to think about how you're going to tackle him. He's like a big tight end coming at you."

RWS

• The guy your mother warned you about
« Reply #53 on: April 17, 2009, 03:54:25 PM »
Having to pay the cupcake somewhere around $500k,
You guys are paying Arkansas St. $1 million to come to AU and play. I don't think they're worried about cost when scheduling OOC.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #54 on: April 17, 2009, 04:05:26 PM »
Are they still called the Indians or did they wuss out like everyone else and bow to the politically correct wackos.  Are they the Tigercats or some shit?

By the way, I just saw an article where the students at Brown University are pushing to have the school name changed because the founder or his brother was a slave owner.  They already had "Columbus Day" changed to "Fall Day" because of the same type shit. 

Hijack attempt completed.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #55 on: April 17, 2009, 05:14:59 PM »
1st off - High School Musical 3 is the tits.

2nd ly - Want to drink tonight?

1st off- duh.

2nd ly- of course, it is friday. You up for some Bubba Sparx at firenza?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #56 on: April 17, 2009, 05:48:45 PM »
Are they still called the Indians or did they wuss out like everyone else and bow to the politically correct wackos.  Are they the Tigercats or some shit?

By the way, I just saw an article where the students at Brown University are pushing to have the school name changed because the founder or his brother was a slave owner.  They already had "Columbus Day" changed to "Fall Day" because of the same type shit. 

Hijack attempt completed.
Red Wolves
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

Thrilla

• I have a touch of the consumption
« Reply #57 on: April 17, 2009, 05:49:52 PM »

I don't know Birdman...Massah' University just doesn't have the same ring to it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions