Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Chickenzik?

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
Re: Chickenzik?
« Reply #20 on: April 15, 2009, 07:25:22 PM »
Oh so to play a huge hyped early season made for maximum tv exposure semi :bowl: game in Atlanta would completely wreck a season and finances that a home game against Arky St. would save.
I agree whole heartedly. It is much better to beat a patsy at home (and on pay per view)than play a monster (with huge TV revenue and exposure to recruits) game. 
Last year bama was supposed to be bitch slapped in this game and instead began a hell of a run. They gave up a minor home game to play in it.
They are expanding their stadium.
The excuse given by JJ (and chopper, prowly and company) is pure lying chickenshit and everyone knows it.

This is a serious embarassment for Auburn.

But we should be used to that since December. 
Did I comment on the subject?  NOPE....I would Love to see Auburn play UCLA, just like I loved watching Auburn play USC.  It would be huge from the TV revenue standpoint and would give Auburn more exposure to the recruits.  But, from the City of Auburn's standpoint, they'd lose out bigtime.  I'm not sure what kind of revenue a home game brings for the City, but I'm pretty sure it's Huge.  Maybe, they can rethink their decision, because if not I'm sure uat would love to jump into that time slot.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

« Reply #21 on: April 15, 2009, 07:49:27 PM »
Delicious Black Bean Burritos

SUBMITTED BY: GW  PHOTO BY: Tina C.
"These burritos are soooo good, you'll want to have them every night.  Turds for DAYS!"
RECIPE RATING:
This recipe has been rated 642 times with an average star rating of 4.4
Read Reviews (481)
Review/Rate This Recipe
Original recipe yield 2 large burritos
SERVINGS
 (Help)

Servings

US   METRIC
INGREDIENTS (Nutrition)

* 2 (10 inch) flour tortillas
    * 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
    * 1 small onion, chopped
    * 1/2 red bell pepper, chopped
    * 1 teaspoon minced garlic
    * 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
    * 1 teaspoon minced jalapeno peppers
    * 3 ounces cream cheese
    * 1/2 teaspoon salt
    * 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
    * 3 tablespoons of Milk of Magnesia

* add to recipe box Add to Recipe Box
      My folders:
    * add to shopping list Add to Shopping List
    * Customize Recipe
    * add a personal note Add a Personal Note

What to Drink?
Wine    Sauvignon Blanc
Cocktail    Don Julio Margarita Legendario
Click here to find out more!
DIRECTIONS

1. Wrap tortillas in foil and place in oven heated to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Bake for 15 minutes or until heated through.
   2. Heat oil in a 10-inch skillet over medium heat. Place onion, bell pepper, garlic and jalapenos in skillet, cook for 2 minutes stirring occasionally. Pour beans into skillet, cook 3 minutes stirring.
   3. Cut cream cheese into cubes and add to skillet with salt. Cook for 2 minutes stirring occasionally. Stir cilantro into mixture.
   4. Spoon mixture evenly down center of warmed tortilla and roll tortillas up. Serve immediately.

YUM!
« Last Edit: April 15, 2009, 07:51:05 PM by AuburnChopper2.0 »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Pell City Tiger

• Moral Highlander
« Reply #22 on: April 15, 2009, 07:51:09 PM »
Man, I LOVE black bean burritos.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I stood up, unzipped my pants, lowered my shorts and placed my bare ass on the window. That's the last thing I wanted those people to see of me."

« Reply #23 on: April 15, 2009, 07:52:52 PM »
Man, I LOVE black bean burritos.

Excellente!  :vn:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #24 on: April 16, 2009, 02:27:08 AM »
I was in Arkansas today.  Sports radio there was ridiculing Auburn, basically saying the program was afraid to play a major opponent and expose Chizik to the potential for further ridicule.  Saying AU fans were stupid and would rather beat Dillburg Technical College than risk losing a game to a half-decent opponent. Because a win would look better for both Chiz and Jacobs.  They said they couldn't think of another reason to decline to play in a game designed to give the program national exposure. 

« Last Edit: April 16, 2009, 02:47:50 AM by Kaos »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Jumbo

• Assistant Pledge Master
  • I live on the corner of Epic & Bananas.
« Reply #25 on: April 16, 2009, 02:34:43 AM »
I like Pepper Jack Cheese on my Black Bean Burrito.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You'll never shine if you don't glow.

Greaseyweasel

• Love Auburn, Hate chizik. 'nuff said.
« Reply #26 on: April 16, 2009, 06:43:50 AM »
So when the truth about what the people who hired chizik think of his abilities has been  laid out with no way to see it for anything than the actual truth you choose to swollow the lie (again) and post a recipe instead of admitting we got fucked.

I see now what kind of fans and supporters you really are.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You've got to learn to stand for something

or you'll fall for anything.

« Reply #27 on: April 16, 2009, 09:11:32 AM »
recipe is ready in 2-5 hrs Ready in: 2-5 hrs
recipe difficulty 3/5 Difficulty:   3 (1=easiest :: hardest=5)

Serves/Makes:   24

Ingredients:
1 container (16 oz size) Sour cream
2 tablespoons Taco seasoning mix
2 Ripe avocados
1 tablespoon Lemon juice
1/2 cup Mayonnaise
1 can (6 oz size) black olives, chopped
1 cup Tomatoes, chopped and well drained
2 bunches green onions, chopped
1 can (9 oz size) no-lard bean dip
8 ounces Sharp cheddar cheese, grated
Tortilla chips
Turn this recipe into a puzzle! [click]

Directions:

Combine sour cream and taco seasoning. Refrigerate several hours.

In separate bowl, mash avocados and blend with lemon juice and mayonnaise.

In another bowl, combine olives, tomatoes and onion.

In glass bowl or baking dish, layer ingredients as follows: bean dip, avocado mixture, sour cream, olive/tomato mixture, cheese. Serve with tortilla chips.

F.A.T. Reducer: Use lowfat sour cream and cheddar cheese. Shortcut: Chop black olives in food processor.

This recipe from CDKitchen for 5 Layer Taco Dip serves/makes 24

Hmmm...  That sounds good.  Gotta love a good taco dip!!  Goes great in a large  :bowl:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

boartitz

« Reply #28 on: April 16, 2009, 09:21:20 AM »
I was in Arkansas today.  Sports radio there was ridiculing Auburn, basically saying the program was afraid to play a major opponent and expose Chizik to the potential for further ridicule.  Saying AU fans were stupid and would rather beat Dillburg Technical College than risk losing a game to a half-decent opponent. Because a win would look better for both Chiz and Jacobs.  They said they couldn't think of another reason to decline to play in a game designed to give the program national exposure. 

We have some of the dumbest fucks to ever say anything on the radio. Really.
There is not one program in the whole state that I can stand to listen to.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #29 on: April 16, 2009, 09:31:28 AM »

LISTEN, MISTER!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
« Reply #30 on: April 16, 2009, 10:00:49 AM »
What other SEC team has two big name OOC teams on their schedule in one season?

Bammers pointing the finger like they'll play anyone anywhere anytime is humorous, since they (just like every other SEC team) only schedules one big OOC game a year...

Has UF played an OOC game outside of their own state this century? That seems to be enough for them to make it to the NC.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JohnDeere

• Pledge
« Reply #31 on: April 16, 2009, 10:12:24 AM »
Saying AU fans were stupid and would rather beat Dillburg Technical College than risk losing a game to a half-decent opponent. Because a win would look better for both Chiz and Jacobs.  They said they couldn't think of another reason to decline to play in a game designed to give the program national exposure. 

I don't know about that......Dillburg Tech has 5 star guy coming in at tailback and their QB was All-Conference, they have two corners that will easily go mid 2nd to 3rd round, an All-American type linebacker....DBC is no effing joke, the look alot like the University of South Florida in 2007.

Joking aside,

First obvious reason that comes to my mind not to play a west coast team in the GA dome, can Auburn fans buy up 80k tickets? Cause California is not a 3-4 hour drive to Atlanta as say South Carolina(Clemson). With that said, UCLA might bring 5k fans. Yeah, a GA dome game with about 2/3's full isn't really going to pull in viewers on the TV.  

Welcome to the year 2009.......people need to grow the 'f' up. Last time I checked, UGA and Georgia Tech don't play Auburn in Columbus or Atlanta every year and split the revenue anymore.....UT doesn't demand to play the away game against Auburn in Montgomery anymore, Auburn doesn't have to play at Legion Field in B'ham anymore. Auburn has 'earned' the right to demand  home and home as the condition of any potential matchup with any school in the country. And some fools want to go back to the 'glory' days of playing 'big name' opponents in a different city?  I wouldn't mind seeing the Varsity/JV/Freshman teams splitting up, allowing some hellaish glorified scrimages against anybody/anywhere. That would last about four seasons and then nobody would give a damn that the Freshman team was going to play at South Bend or Happy Valley or Los Angeles, it just become a scrimage and nobody would travel to see it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #32 on: April 16, 2009, 10:15:12 AM »
hellaish

Hmm...combining your played out slang phrases to create ultra-hip new disses?

I think you're looking for hellacious.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #33 on: April 16, 2009, 10:40:20 AM »
Hmmm...  That sounds good.  Gotta love a good taco dip!!  Goes great in a large  ::bowl::

This is lame as fuck, Chopper.  Grow up.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #34 on: April 16, 2009, 10:42:18 AM »

It was pretty bad. 

Might have actually been a Memphis station, though.  After they ridiculed Auburn they had some guy on who was practically crying because one of the draft experts had been critical of Michal Oher and didn't he know "what a wonderful human being" Oher was. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JohnDeere

• Pledge
« Reply #35 on: April 16, 2009, 01:29:43 PM »
Hmm...combining your played out slang phrases to create ultra-hip new disses?

I think you're looking for hellacious.

Thanks for the spelling correction....I'll store that away in my ledger of slang phrases.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #36 on: April 16, 2009, 01:35:43 PM »
What other SEC team has two big name OOC teams on their schedule in one season?

Bammers pointing the finger like they'll play anyone anywhere anytime is humorous, since they (just like every other SEC team) only schedules one big OOC game a year...

Has UF played an OOC game outside of their own state this century? That seems to be enough for them to make it to the NC.
To elaborate on this point that was largely ignored, here's the "offical" word on this:

http://blog.al.com/auburnbeat/2009/04/jay_jacobs_on_ucla_scheduling.html

Auburn turned down an overture to play UCLA in 2010 because its non-conference schedule was already booked, Athletic Director Jay Jacobs said.

The Los Angeles Times first reported Wednesday that UCLA had sought a matchup against Auburn in the Georgia Dome to open the 2010 season. The game would have been televised by ABC.

Auburn would have had to ditch one of its four non-conference opponents already on the schedule. The Tigers are slated to play Arkansas State, Louisiana-Monroe, Chattanooga and Clemson in 2010. Auburn hosts Clemson Sept. 18, 2010 in Week 3 and will travel to Clemson in 2011. The game against Arkansas State on Sept. 4, 2010 is the season opener.

Jacobs typically tries to schedule one upper-level BCS opponent each year. The next opening would be 2012.

"We were contacted to see if we had an opening on our 2010 schedule and we did not," Jacobs said. "Our schedule had already been completed and contracts had been executed for the 2010 season, but we welcome the opportunity to talk about future schedules with UCLA and other BCS conference schools."

My understanding is Jacobs tried to schedule this for 2012 and UCLA declined...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Greaseyweasel

• Love Auburn, Hate chizik. 'nuff said.
« Reply #37 on: April 16, 2009, 11:30:48 PM »
This game was not a regularly scheduled event. this is an ESPN invention to try to get 2 name teams to match up in the dead cess pool of early season. Its not scheduled 2 years in advance it is worth way more in prestige and money to the program as a whole to have taken the game and ditched tea bagging a bunch of nobody's.
This game is basically a mini bowl game played by invitation only in a game with major exposure that can make or break a season depending on how you do.
It was a chance for Auburn to stand up and impress some recruits, gain national exposure, do away with the same weak schedule bull crap that led to us having no hope of cracking the Oklahoma/USC matchup for a national championship. To set this one out is a sign of both stupidity and chicken shittedness.

I hope you can now see what JJ and chizik & company are.
Its time to clean out the house and start over. This season is almost guaranteed to be a complete wash and waste so now is the time to do it.
This whole situation just proves more and more that I am right and I hope it is making more of you able to see it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You've got to learn to stand for something

or you'll fall for anything.

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #38 on: April 16, 2009, 11:38:29 PM »
This game was not a regularly scheduled event. this is an ESPN invention to try to get 2 name teams to match up in the dead cess pool of early season. Its not scheduled 2 years in advance it is worth way more in prestige and money to the program as a whole to have taken the game and ditched tea bagging a bunch of nobody's.
This game is basically a mini :bowl: game played by invitation only in a game with major exposure that can make or break a season depending on how you do.
It was a chance for Auburn to stand up and impress some recruits, gain national exposure, do away with the same weak schedule bull crap that led to us having no hope of cracking the Oklahoma/USC matchup for a national championship. To set this one out is a sign of both stupidity and chicken shittedness.

I hope you can now see what JJ and chizik & company are.
Its time to clean out the house and start over. This season is almost guaranteed to be a complete wash and waste so now is the time to do it.
This whole situation just proves more and more that I am right and I hope it is making more of you able to see it.
Why do I suspect that if Auburn had accepted, you would either be saying Chizik had nothing to do with it, or more likely that Chizik was responsible and it was the worst decision he possibly could have made?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

boartitz

« Reply #39 on: April 16, 2009, 11:41:39 PM »
Good fucking grief.
Why don't you start a petition to get Auburn to just forfeit all games before this season even starts?
Have you ever been to hogville.net or whatever it is? We call it Nobville. I mistakenly thought that was the home of the stupidest folks on the ebays.
Son, you don't merely have your panties in a wad, they are around your neck about to suffocate you.

I need some relief.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2009, 11:43:38 PM by boartitz »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions