Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

I may be the first pussy to admit it...

I may be the first pussy to admit it...
« on: April 15, 2009, 11:01:10 PM »
...we need Bama to be cheating.  You know why so many AU fans are jumping on the cheating rumors?  Because we need them to be true.  Convince me otherwise. 

I know the Bammer already beat me to it, but Bama just landed Phillip Sims.  He's a big time prospect, and some-fucking-how, Alabama convinced him to sign at their school.  Nevermind that Bama has two Rivals 100 QBs already on roster.  They just added another.  They're sucking up the talent pool like USC does out west. 

They're getting commits from everyone they want despite the rampant AU-led cheating rumors.  It hasn't slowed down since 2007 when they went fucking 7-6.  Have we forgotten that Saban sucked in the NFL?  They lost to LA Monroe.  They were the laughing stock of football for years.  We beat them six times in a row. 

Suddenly...all of a fucking sudden...they land two straight #1 classes.  How?  If it's not cheating, what the fuck is going on? 

Color me pink and wrap me in a labia, but SPUAT is looking at becoming just as dominant and consistent as Florida and LSU.  FUCKING HOW? 
« Last Edit: April 15, 2009, 11:01:43 PM by townhallsavoy »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

Re: I may be the first pussy to admit it...
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2009, 11:10:14 PM »
We shall find out soon enough.  Either shit is going to come out, or it's not.  Who knows. 

As far as recruiting, we'll get ours.  We've got the right kids visiting...and even though, yes that doesn't mean shit yet, it's a damn good start.  The #1 RB in the nation has our offer letters hanging in his locker...  That can't be a bad thing...  Just one example...   Let's just see where the chips land as the summer progresses before we relegate ourselves to "pussy" status.

Just my simple thoughts...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

boartitz

« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2009, 11:24:09 PM »
They ain't landed shit until the paperwork is signed. Verbal is all they have at this point in time and that is not binding.
It's so much sweeter when they get these top classes and lose on the field. The bigger they are , the harder they fall. Saban is not all that. He was in the right place at the right time at LSU. Then he used that success to fatten his pocketbook. Now Bama is paying him the big bucks to duplicate that and he hasn't done it yet and I don't think he ever will.
He's an improvement over Shula, duh, and will probably have 7-8 wins every year and a 10+ season every 3-4 years. The bammers will get tired of this and call for his head when they look at the money they are paying him and he doesn't get in the championship game in another couple of years. This year will be a good chance for him, but I think it will be Florida's year again this season from the SEC.
He ain't the first coach to fail at Bama. That Arkansas coach they had is a hard act to follow. :moon:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2009, 11:52:56 PM »
They ain't landed shit until the paperwork is signed. Verbal is all they have at this point in time and that is not binding.
It's so much sweeter when they get these top classes and lose on the field. The bigger they are , the harder they fall. Saban is not all that. He was in the right place at the right time at LSU. Then he used that success to fatten his pocketbook. Now Bama is paying him the big bucks to duplicate that and he hasn't done it yet and I don't think he ever will.
He's an improvement over Shula, duh, and will probably have 7-8 wins every year and a 10+ season every 3-4 years. The bammers will get tired of this and call for his head when they look at the money they are paying him and he doesn't get in the championship game in another couple of years. This year will be a good chance for him, but I think it will be Florida's year again this season from the SEC.
He ain't the first coach to fail at Bama. That Arkansas coach they had is a hard act to follow. :moon:

I've heard your first two lines way too many times the past few years. 

I hope you're right, but it's still frustrating to see Bama get so many blue chip recruits.  LSU got them too, but they were in the right spot at the right time.  They're the only school in the state, and Saban built them up with immediate success.  Bama was pulling in the big boys BEFORE they did shit on the field.  It was automatic.  How the hell did they do that?  And I don't buy the "Alabama tradition" bullshit.  If that was true, it wouldn't matter who was the coach. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

boartitz

« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2009, 12:12:30 AM »
  And I don't buy the "Alabama tradition" bullshit.  If that was true, it wouldn't matter who was the coach. 
That's right. Who since Bear has has constant, continued success at Bammer? No one. They have had some good coaches who couldn't meet there expectations and were let go and they have grasped at some straws in hopes of returning to their glory years. They have clusterfucked their football coaches so much ever since Bear left that I think Little Nicky is gonna fuck up or they will fuck him up.
That's their Bama tradition of the last several years. Maybe it's just karma.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2009, 12:25:14 AM »
How about the kid that didn't have uat in his Top 10, but when uat came around to offer, he took a visit and stated that Coach midget showed him "Love, lots of Love" and committed on the spot.  Hmmmm.....I wonder if that was the same kind of "Love" that uat showed Trent Richardson and his family, maybe that's what TR meant when he said that the uat's going to help him with his Transactions.  Like Chop stated, we'll find out soon, either shit is going to come out, or it's not.

:popcorn: :popcorn:
« Last Edit: April 16, 2009, 01:38:53 AM by The Prowler »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

boartitz

« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2009, 12:41:29 AM »
How about the kid that didn't have uat in his Top 3, but when uat came around to offer, he took a visit and stated that Coach midget showed him "Love, lots of Love".  Hmmmm.....I wonder if that was the same kind of "Love" that uat showed Trent Richardson and his family, maybe that's what TR meant when he said that the uat's going to help him with his Transactions.  Like Chop stated, we find out soon, either shit is going to come out, or it's not.

:popcorn: :popcorn:
I'm just waiting on the meltdown when little nicky doesn't produce a championship. That's what the bammers are geared up for.
They thought they paid for a nice Bulova watch, but on closer inspection it said Bolivia and the minute hand fell off when they gave Saban a group hug.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RWS

• The guy your mother warned you about
« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2009, 03:47:59 PM »
But when you think about it, I don't think we have had anybody decommit since a Shula commit left when CNS was hired. There may be one I'm just not thinking of, but I really can't remember any since then. But yeah, its all relative until the paperwork is signed. However, the past few years generally tell me I don't have to worry about somebody switching. Doesn't mean it can't happen though.

How was Saban in the "right place at the right time" at LSU? I mean, I'm not saying that Nick Saban built LSU football, but they were 4-7 in 1998 and 3-8 in 1999. 97 and 96 were good years, but they sucked in 95 and 94 as well. So how was it that he walked in on such a great situation? I swear, you sound like one of our fans. "He hasn't done what he did at LSU yet". Personally, I have plenty of patience. I'm content with just winning some games. I don't much care about "claiming our rightful place at the top" or whatever bullshit you decide to come up with. I think we finally have a coach that, with time, can make us perennial contenders. Its going to take time, though.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

"You're too stupid to realize that I'm one of the levelheaded Auburn fans around here" - The Prowler