Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Who Am I?

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
  • Auburn Basketball Hits Everything
Who Am I?
« on: February 14, 2009, 02:20:20 PM »
This is copypasta from a comments section of an article I read, but I thought it was fitting due to recent conversations here.

I am a coach who hated my last job. I had a losing overall record, and I lost 10 games my last season there. I really wanted to get back to where I was WAY more successful, and so I decided to return to the SEC where I was part of championship-caliber teams. I was offered a much higher paying job, and I took it in a heartbeat despite “rebuilding” efforts at my then current job. I took a lot of crap for taking this new job, but I am determined to be successful. I have no doubt that I’ll be able to return to my successful ways before too long, despite my dismal performance at my last job. As a matter of fact, I’d prefer it if we just neglected my last job altogether. I have now arrived at the place I want to stay and build a legacy. I just had a decent first recruiting class. Good, but not great. Next season may be a little bit tough, but I guarantee that I will recruit endlessly and will be a dominant recruiter, and in years to come I will turn this team around.

My name: no, it’s NOT Gene Chizik…………it’s Nick Saban.

Now it is worth noting that I concede Gene Chizik is not Nick Saban, nor do I want him to be…but the similarities are striking.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
Re: Who Am I?
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2009, 03:39:24 PM »
Yes the similarities are striking.

But, here's a real Who Am I?

I was the Head Coach of a (6-5) D1AA team in my first and only year ('83).
I was in the running to be the next HC at D1 University where I was the QB Coach in ('82), but got turned down.
I was (5-17) in my first two years of three as the Head Coach of a team in the same state as the D1 team where I was turned down ('85-'87).
I was (2-20) in my first two years of 10 as the Head Coach of a team that was in a conference being Dominated by one team out of Florida ('88-'97).
I am still Coaching.

Who Am I?
« Last Edit: February 14, 2009, 04:29:15 PM by The Prowler »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"Alabama's Special Teams unit is made up of Special Ed students." - Daniel Tosh

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2009, 04:14:20 PM »
Yes the similarities are striking.

But, here's a real Who Am I?

I was the Head Coach of a (6-5) D1AA team in my first and only year ('83).
I was in the running to be the next HC at D1 University where I was the QB Coach in ('82), but got turned down.
I was (5-17) in my first two years of three as the Head Coach of a team in the same state as the D1 team where I was turned down ('85-'87).
I was (2-20) in my first two years of 10 as the Head Coach of a team that was in a conference being Dominated by one team out of Florida ('88-'97).

Who Am I?

I really have no clue.  I think you need to add a few more.  Is he still coaching now?  He only coached ten years and stopped in 97? 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2009, 04:26:29 PM »
*Added another hint*
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Patriotism and popularity are the beaten paths for power and tyranny." Good, no worries about tyranny w/ Trump

"The HUNH does cause significant Health and Safety issues, Health issues for the opposing fans and Safety issues for the opposing coaches." - AU AD Jay Jacobs

« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2009, 05:22:53 PM »
Slack Mack Brown aka The owner of all things musschamp.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2009, 05:24:10 PM by tiger88 »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2009, 06:25:57 PM »
Slack Mack Brown aka The owner of all things musschamp.
Bingo
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2009, 06:29:09 PM »
Fucking ridiculous. Apples and Chinese food.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2009, 06:41:35 PM »
I was (6-10) at my first stop as a HC in the NFL ('94)
I was (28-23) at my next HC stop in the NFL ('97-'99)
I took one year off ('00)
I was (6-6) in my first year of my first Head Coaching gig at the College Level ('01).
I'm still coaching

Who Am I?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2009, 06:49:17 PM »
Pete Carrol
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2009, 07:10:29 PM »
You forgot to add that both of those coaches are now at the biggest schools in the state and are national media darlings. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

Greaseyweasel

• Love Auburn, Hate chizik. 'nuff said.
« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2009, 09:23:25 PM »
I bet they wouldn't have a faggoty looking avater though.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You've got to learn to stand for something

or you'll fall for anything.

The Prowler

• Catch Him!
« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2009, 12:12:19 AM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AWK

• Caller of the "Taint"
  • Damn Right.
« Reply #12 on: February 15, 2009, 03:57:07 AM »
Fuck comparing ourselves to Alabama...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Redskins cornerback DeAngelo Hall said, "Guys don't mind hitting Michael Vick in the open field, but when you see Cam, you have to think about how you're going to tackle him. He's like a big tight end coming at you."

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #13 on: February 15, 2009, 10:32:50 AM »
I agree, and the original author covered that in his post. However, I thought it was fitting considering some consider Sabbun a God amongst men, while Chizik is "all hat, no cattle" and the worst hire in college football history... :taunt:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #14 on: February 15, 2009, 11:08:13 AM »
I agree, and the original author covered that in his post. However, I thought it was fitting considering some consider Sabbun a God amongst men, while Chizik is "all hat, no cattle" and the worst hire in college football history... :taunt:

No, it doesn't fit shit.  If ALL Saban had as head coaching experience was what was displayed, then you'd have a somewhat valid comparison.  Unfortunately you don't. 

Gene Chizik was the worst hire ever made by a major college football program other than perhaps Gerry Faust by Notre Dame.

Name a single other SERIOUS program, a program that professes to want to compete at the highest level that would have taken a chance on a coach like Chizik.  Just one.  The only thing remotely close was Bama's Shula hire and that came in the wake of the Price debacle and was an emergency freak out.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #15 on: February 15, 2009, 11:21:13 AM »
Which part of the first post does not describe Chizik or Sabbun? I'd say the comparison BEING MADE is undoubtedly valid. Maybe not your straw man.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #16 on: February 15, 2009, 12:18:38 PM »
Which part of the first post does not describe Chizik or Sabbun? I'd say the comparison BEING MADE is undoubtedly valid. Maybe not your straw man.

Chizik is the fucking straw man.  And the tin man, too.  Only time will tell if he's also that retarded lion. 

The comparison is completely invalid because you ignore everything else that refutes the argument.  Saban's NFL experience has no relation to Chizik's college experience.  If Saban had never coached college and that was his only experience, then you'd have a point. Sadly, you don't.  It wasn't Saban's first two years as coach.  There is ZERO correlation there.

If you want to drag the exceptions like Mack Brown in there, then go for it.   It would be a valid comparison.  When you're using exceptions to prove a rule, however, your argument has already failed.   

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUChizad

• Female Pledge Trainer
« Reply #17 on: February 15, 2009, 08:52:10 PM »
Chizik is the fucking straw man.  And the tin man, too.  Only time will tell if he's also that retarded lion. 

The comparison is completely invalid because you ignore everything else that refutes the argument.  Saban's NFL experience has no relation to Chizik's college experience.  If Saban had never coached college and that was his only experience, then you'd have a point. Sadly, you don't.  It wasn't Saban's first two years as coach.  There is ZERO correlation there.
Straw. Man.

This does not make any of the parallels in the original post untrue.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #18 on: February 15, 2009, 10:26:13 PM »
There is a difference between truth and relevance. 

Chizik wears reading glasses.  So does S. Epatha Merkerson's character on Law & Order. 

This is a true comparison. 

You cannot from this  infer that Chizik is, therefore, a black woman playing a police officer on television.  That's relevance.  The comparison that started this turd of a thread is no more valid than the inference above. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #19 on: February 15, 2009, 10:30:12 PM »
There is a difference between truth and relevance. 

Chizik wears reading glasses.  So does S. Epatha Merkerson's character on Law & Order. 

This is a true comparison. 

You cannot from this  infer that Chizik is, therefore, a black woman playing a police officer on television.  That's relevance.  The comparison that started this turd of a thread is no more valid than the inference above. 

So, when are you going to stop posting argumentative post after post and actually write something for the front, Mr. "Head Writer"?

Just asking a question....
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions